As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I'm also still waiting for proper Primaris Terminators. Gravis armour doesn't really do it for me. The closest sizewise are probably Custodes Terminators, but their proprtions seem so weird.

I thought Aggressors were supposed to be the Primaris Terminator?

Gravis is what the aggressors are wearing.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    2+ save on gravis armour would be sooo nice. +1 toughness just does so little in the grand scheme of things. They're a little better in deathwatch where they can boost intercessors to T5 to suck up hits, but still they feel very flimsy for how honking big they are.

I also hate the look of the things, but they can mix pretty nicely with terminator bits (and why do they have 2 powerfists, but dont get +1 attack?)
    3ko01roz2lxw.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if I want to paint my Primaris Space Wolves in pre heresy colors or the normal Space Wolves colors like the rest of my army.

I also need to figure out how to paint camo cloaks properly now. Doing the patterns seems like it could be difficult.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    I'm also still waiting for proper Primaris Terminators. Gravis armour doesn't really do it for me. The closest sizewise are probably Custodes Terminators, but their proprtions seem so weird.

I thought Aggressors were supposed to be the Primaris Terminator?

Gravis is what the aggressors are wearing.

I mean in terms of being "Base marine but slightly beefier". I don't mind there not being Primaris Terminators though, for me ideally Primaris models would be something new and different, not just +1w versions of models we already have.

All this talk of Terminators make me really want to finally get around to painting Space Hulk.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I want to paint my Primaris Space Wolves in pre heresy colors or the normal Space Wolves colors like the rest of my army.

I also need to figure out how to paint camo cloaks properly now. Doing the patterns seems like it could be difficult.

There are tons of videos the robot and it's human companions have done on easy camo cloaks.
    My brother did the quick dry brush for his pickles with details.

• Options
    I'm such a lazy ass person. Part of me doesn't want to add the talismans to my Primaris Space Wolves besides HQs because there are so many. Just want to paint them in Space Wolves colors and adding pack markings and being done.
    Brainleech wrote: »

There are tons of videos the robot and it's human companions have done on easy camo cloaks.
    My brother did the quick dry brush for his pickles with details.

I'll have to check out warhammer TVs camo cloak videos.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    You just need to get 4 axes fom somewhere else to convert them, becaue Chaos Termies only get 2 sprues for the price of 3.

edit: I repeat myself and should shut probably up about that. Sorry.

@honovere You could do what I did: I replaced their CC arm with a GS tentacle arm and let that stand in for whatever weapon they need that day. Today, terminators with tentacle arms have chain axes. Tomorrow, it's power fists.

(Alternatively, deck the termies out with whatever and give the finger to WISIWYG.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I put together the two Necron doomsday arks I bought off of ebay. I am not confident that the cannon is going to stay put, the connecting points are not great. Gonna stress test them a little tomorrow before doing anything else with them.

After putting them together I remembered I still need to finish my command barges, triarch stalkers, and remagnatize my doom scythes.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm a bit corfused by GW's plastic releases for Necromunda lately.
    First they replace a relatively new resin Ambot with a plastik kit for 2 Ambots and this quater's plastic release is apparently Kal Jerico and his sidekick!

So first a set for a niche model that most people won't field even one of and the a special character?

Weird decisions

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I've been looking at the Suppressors and their flying stands, and I'm not sure my original idea of drilling a hole into the back of the mini for the stand to fit into.

Maybe the Inceptors because they have a larger backpack, but not the Suppressors. I may have to try pinning this, but that is a very tiny area to drill into.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I've been looking at the Suppressors and their flying stands, and I'm not sure my original idea of drilling a hole into the back of the mini for the stand to fit into.

Maybe the Inceptors because they have a larger backpack, but not the Suppressors. I may have to try pinning this, but that is a very tiny area to drill into.

I had to drill into 3 of my suppressor back packs because I forgot to get the stand in the trade. It wasn't too hard but the first one was very mess.

My brother and I bought some Space Marine Herors boxes today. I got two and got Brother Garus and Brother Vanial. I now have all of them just haven't built Brother-Captain Thassarius. Not sure if I want to sell him (I've had zero luck so far), convert him to Space Wolves which means some cutting and grinding off the Ultramarines insignia on the shoulder, or using him as a Primaris Captain for a Space Marines kill team.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2019
    won my game yesterday against the new Chaos

brought my usual Death Guard list
    HQ

Typhus
    -Psychic Power: Blade of Putrefaction
    -Psychic Power: Putrescent Vitality

Daemon Prince with Wings
    -Malefic Talons (Two Sets)
    -Suppurating Plate
    -Psychic Power: Plague Wind

Troops

Plague Marines x20
    -Plague Knives x7
    -Bubotic Axes x11
    -Mace of Contagion + Bubotic Axe x2

Poxwalkers x20

Poxwalkers x10

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat Drone
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Foetid Bloat Drone
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Plagueburst Crawler
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Lord of War

Mortarion
    -Psychic Power: Miasma of Pestilence
    -Psychic Power: Gifts of Contagion
    -Psychic Power: Curse of the Leper

The plaguemarines totally whiffed this time. Got a charge off against a huge group of cultists but my opponent used the new rule that allowed him to drop a whole new unit so all of their attacks were for nothing and they got shot off the board the next turn. While they've been effective in the past, they're a lot of points and require a ton of babysitting via Cloud of Flies to be effective.

I think I'm going to drop them the next time I play and just run 3x Poxwalkers (either 1 group of 18 and two units of 10 or two units of 14 and one of 10) and try out the Blight Haulers in a group of 3. The point reduction seems like these are maybe more viable.

Typhus is surprisingly resilient character and I actually prefer making him my Warlord since Mortarion just draws so much fire. Thinking I can run the Haulers in front of two lines of Walkers that buff them (Cloud of Flies on one, Putresecent Vitality on the other making them S/T 5, +1 Cover save) while the Crawlers and Drones head off the flanks.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

HQ

Typhus

Daemon Prince with Wings
    -Suppurating Plate

Troops

Plague Marines x20
    -Plague Knives x7
    -Bubotic Axes x11

Poxwalkers x20

Poxwalkers x10

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat Drone
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Foetid Bloat Drone
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Plagueburst Crawler
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Lord of War

Mortarion

The plaguemarines totally whiffed this time. Got a charge off against a huge group of cultists but my opponent used the new rule that allowed him to drop a whole new unit so all of their attacks were for nothing and they got shot off the board the next turn. While they've been effective in the past, they're a lot of points and require a ton of babysitting via Cloud of Flies to be effective.

I think I'm going to drop them the next time I play and just run 3x Poxwalkers (either 1 group of 18 and two units of 10 or two units of 14 and one of 10) and try out the Blight Haulers in a group of 3. The point reduction seems like these are maybe more viable.

Typhus is surprisingly resilient character and I actually prefer making him my Warlord since Mortarion just draws so much fire. Thinking I can run the Haulers in front of two lines of Walkers that buff them (Cloud of Flies on one, Putresecent Vitality on the other making them S/T 5, +1 Cover save) while the Crawlers and Drones head off the flanks.

Tide of traitors? It's not a New rule but it is a pain in the ass. I think it's once per game at least...

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The new one is for Red Corsairs which lets them do that with a squad of csm.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Made a new list to use against my brother's Death Guard and my friend's Custodes.

Two battalions and a supreme command detachment. 14 CP total, 1 already used for an extra relic. Gonna using Cunning of the Wolf on my squad of Hellblasters and on the Wolf Lord in phobos armor who is using the warlord trait that lets him give a unit +1 to hit instead of shooting. Gonna drop my Rune Priest in terminator armor with them as well.

The Redemptors are gonna move up the board blasting as much as they can and then everything else is going to be picking off what they can.

I'm pretty sure this list is gonna get steamrolled by Custodes but I think it might be able to take down the Death Guard.
    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [87 PL, -1CP, 1379pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Trophies of Fenris [-1CP]: Trophies of Fenris - 1 Extra Relic

+ HQ +

Wolf Lord in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 119pts]: 5. Target Priority, Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine, The Wulfen Stone, Warlord

Wolf Lord in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 119pts]: Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [11 PL, 110pts]: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 166pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 166pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [3 PL, 72pts]
    . 2x Eliminator: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak
    . Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 335pts]: Plasma Incinerator
    . 9x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Pack Leader: Plasma pistol

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [18 PL, 255pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Forge World Choice: Forge World: Stygies VIII

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 65pts]
    . Ranger Alpha: Galvanic Rifle
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic Arquebus

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [21 PL, 339pts] ++

+ HQ +

Librarian [7 PL, 104pts]: 2) Aversion, 6) Mind Wipe, Force sword, Grav-pistol

Rune Priest in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 111pts]: 4) Hallucination, 6) Mind Raid, Camo cloak, Force sword

Rune Priest in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 124pts]: 2. Tempest's Wrath, 5. Storm Caller, Frostfury, Psychic hood, Runic staff, Runic Terminator armour, Storm bolter

++ Total: [126 PL, -1CP, 1973pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Stragint on

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

HQ

Typhus

Daemon Prince with Wings
    -Suppurating Plate

Troops

Plague Marines x20
    -Plague Knives x7
    -Bubotic Axes x11

Poxwalkers x20

Poxwalkers x10

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat Drone
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Foetid Bloat Drone
    -Plaguespitter
    -Plague Probe

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Plagueburst Crawler
    -Heavy Slugger
    -Plaguespitters

Lord of War

Mortarion

Tide of traitors? It's not a New rule but it is a pain in the ass. I think it's once per game at least...

Ah, yes - that’s what I was thinking of!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Made a new list to use against my brother's Death Guard and my friend's Custodes.

Two battalions and a supreme command detachment. 14 CP total, 1 already used for an extra relic. Gonna using Cunning of the Wolf on my squad of Hellblasters and on the Wolf Lord in phobos armor who is using the warlord trait that lets him give a unit +1 to hit instead of shooting. Gonna drop my Rune Priest in terminator armor with them as well.

The Redemptors are gonna move up the board blasting as much as they can and then everything else is going to be picking off what they can.

I'm pretty sure this list is gonna get steamrolled by Custodes but I think it might be able to take down the Death Guard.
    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [87 PL, -1CP, 1366pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Wolf Lord in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 119pts]: Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine

Wolf Lord in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 119pts]: 5. Target Priority, Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine, The Wulfen Stone, Warlord

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 162pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 162pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 330pts]: Plasma Incinerator
    . 9x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Pack Leader: Bolt pistol

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [22 PL, 290pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 35pts]: 4x Skitarii Ranger

+ HQ +

Rune Priest in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 111pts]: 4) Hallucination, 6) Mind Raid, Camo cloak, Force sword

Rune Priest in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 124pts]: 2. Tempest's Wrath, 4. Fury of the Wolf Spirits, Frostfury, Psychic hood, Runic staff, Runic Terminator armour, Storm bolter

++ Total: [130 PL, -1CP, 1995pts] ++

I have two (genuine) questions here - can Space Wolves actually take Librarians, and isn't three Psykers a bit overkill? I'd take that many in an Aeldari list but that's because they're either necessary or dirt cheap.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Space Wolves take Rune Priests.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [87 PL, -1CP, 1366pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 330pts]: Plasma Incinerator
    . 9x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Pack Leader: Bolt pistol

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [22 PL, 290pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 35pts]: 4x Skitarii Ranger

+ HQ +

Rune Priest in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 124pts]: 2. Tempest's Wrath, 4. Fury of the Wolf Spirits, Frostfury, Psychic hood, Runic staff, Runic Terminator armour, Storm bolter

++ Total: [130 PL, -1CP, 1995pts] ++

I have two (genuine) questions here - can Space Wolves actually take Librarians, and isn't three Psykers a bit overkill? I'd take that many in an Aeldari list but that's because they're either necessary or dirt cheap.

Don't know why it doesn't show it but I have Dark Angels part of that supreme command detachment to take that Dark Angels librarian and na, for Space Wolves psykers are always great and do mean shit.

The idea is a lot of -1 to hit because my brother will either bring Mortarion or a Renegade Knight or both so I want to make sure I reduce their hit as much as I can.

This also works well against Custodes because they all hit on 2+ so I want to mess with them as well.

With the Dark Angels librarian I have Aversion which subtracts one from hit rolls made for an enemy unit that is visible and within 24".

Mind Wipe is against an enemy model with 18" and is visible. We each roll a D6 and add leadership. If I win the roll the model reduces leadership, BS, and WS by 1 for the rest of the game.

The Rune Priest in phobo armor has Hallucination which targets a visible enemy unit within 18". The targeted unit has -1 to leadership until the start my next psychic phase. My opponent also rolls 2D6 and if the result is greater than the leadership the unit subtracts 1 from hit rolls until my next psychic phase.

The Rune Priest in terminator armor has Tempest's Wrath which targets a visible enemy unit within 24". Until the start of my next psychic phase that unit gets -1 to hit.

All of those are warp charge 6 except Mind Wipe which is 7. So not to hard to manifest. Plus mortal wounds with Smite are nice though Custodes get a FNP against mortal wounds in the psychic phase and Death Guard get them regardless.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Played my Deathwatch and Ad Mech vs. Crimson Fist today. It was tournament ITC/NOVA practice. I got my ass handed to me. I am still new with my army and also made a lot of mistakes. He is also one of the best players in the group and the most competitive. His Drukari have been taking me apart piece by piece for the last year.

Between the giving 1 to hit from his warlord trait to a bunch of other bits I just got torn apart. He also had a leviathan dread. And that thing is just mean.

We had the new deployment so I deployed first and then him. He got to castle out of los early. Then move in. Even using superior range and my -1 from my skiitari.

We were doing ITC the big los blocking the middle hurt some of my shooting as well. I didn't roll great but I think I can cover for that with rerolls.

Also seismic shells from the thuderfire he had are just vicious. Completely removed my dragoons from the game. 5" movement is just not cutting it. Halving charges and advances too.

It was an excellent learning game. I have a lot to learn though with this list. The heavy infantry in cover gave my list a lot of issues. I am great verse hordes but the saves hurt me a lot. Also I was bit full of myself thanks to my last game where I took apart an ultramarine list piece by piece with almost 0 causalities.

Going to have to rethink some deployment and how I attack things. Verse stuff like orks and guard I do a lot of work. But verse marines I have some issues.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Since I'm using that Dark Angels librarian in my Space Wolves supreme command detachment, does that give me access to the Dark Angels stratagem, the lion and the wolf?

• Options
    Since I'm using that Dark Angels librarian in my Space Wolves supreme command detachment, does that give me access to the Dark Angels stratagem, the lion and the wolf?

Yes. But that detachment doesn't get chapter tactics.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

So my Space Wolves models in that detachment don't get Hunter Unleashed and the Dark Angels model wont get Grim Resolve?

Why wouldn't they? Do they not count as battleforged?

• Options
    edited April 2019

So my Space Wolves models in that detachment don't get Hunter Unleashed and the Dark Angels model wont get Grim Resolve?

They are battleforged but for chapter tactics you need to match all the keywords including your <chapter> which in this case don't. So you can make a mix detachment you just lose those two abilities in just that detachment.

Edit: From the DA codex, "If you are is battle-forged. Troop units in Dark Angels Detachments and DA successor chapter detachments (that is any detachment which includes only units gain...

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019

They are battleforged but for chapter tactics you need to match all the keywords including your <chapter> which in this case don't. So you can make a mix detachment you just lose those two abilities in just that detachment.

Ah, alright. I thought it might have been that. Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea.

I might use the lion and the wolf stratagem since I have access to it. Just not sure which Space Wolves model I'd use it on since the Wolf Lords already hit on 2+. Maybe the Rune Priest in phobos armor so he hits on 2+ in melee.

Stragint on

• Options
    So in my I am terrible at reading things I read Council of Traitors stratagem for Black Legion again. I liked it before hand even if it was simple getting a second warlord trait but I read it wrong.

It lets you get three warlord traits.

The wording had an "and" I missed.

So if you are black legion and your warlord is a Abbadon, a Daemon Prince, or a chaos lord you may give a sorc and an apostle warlord traits.

That is three warlord traits for a single CP.

That is pretty good.

So you can have Abbadon which is free 2 cp and that does 5+ dttfe around him. Not bad. Then you can add a 5+ cp regen, like you need it with like 19 cp armies, and then maybe throw in something like reroll 1s on casting on your sorc or maybe if you have a devastation battery you can put the reroll 1s to wound on your buffing apostle.

Not bad at all.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I have very mixed feelings about the upcoming FAQ. On one hand I'm excited to see a new round of buffs and nerfs to shake up the meta a bit and maybe give some weaker stuff a bit of a boost.

On the other, I'm expecting absolutely fuck all to happen, especially since GW has said that they're mostly happy with the state of 40K's balance.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Do we have a date for the FAQ?

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Do we have a date for the FAQ?

Probably this week, maybe next week at the latest. They said mid April I guess.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Does anyone know of an optimal build for the Genestealers from the kill team starter box? I've had it since it came out and I built the AdMech but I haven't done anything with the Genestealers.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I know people are expecting the same time as last year, which would put it at next week, probably the 15th to coincide with the next community survey, but AFAIK we haven't heard a word from GW on the matter.

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I know people are expecting the same time as last year, which would put it at next week, probably the 15th to coincide with the next community survey, but AFAIK we haven't heard a word from GW on the matter.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/19/coming-soon-warhammer-40000-2019-faqs-update-1gw-homepage-post-2/

They said in March it would be April.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Bought one of those easy build intercessor boxes that comes with 3 and turned 2 of them into sergeants with power fists. They look good.

Damn, I goofed. I built the third one but I could have made Ragnar with it. Totally forgot I wanted to do that.

Stragint on

• Options
    Do regular space marine limbs look weird on primaris? I might be able to trade a friend one of my built intercessors for an unbuilt one of his but none of the arms really work for the look I want my Ragnar to have.

• Options
    Do regular space marine limbs look weird on primaris? I might be able to trade a friend one of my built intercessors for an unbuilt one of his but none of the arms really work for the look I want my Ragnar to have.

I know the shoulders are the same size but I think the arms are a bit shorter. I haven't tested them though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Theyre a bit shorter and less armoured, so they look a bit shrimpy. If youre lookimg for weapon swaps, terminator hands are almost the same size.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I actually remembered my Hellblasters have a left arm aiming out with a plasma gun and bolt pistol. I used both but the bolt pistol arm came off easy and I replaced it with a pointing arm. So the plan now is to use this left arm and cut the chainsword off of a primaris arm from the Space Wolves upgrade kit and glue on the frost sword from the regular Space Wolves upgrade kit.

Only thing I'm worried about now is finding the right kind of wolf head to put on the left shoulder and how the bolt pistol looks on this left arm. The ones I keep seeing in conversions look a lot bulkier.

Stragint on

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I've got a tournament coming up in the summer and trying to build a list with what I have on hand, without having to buy/paint too much more stuff...

It's a 1000pt charity tournament, so not super competitive. Just trying to build an all-comers list. There are a couple of house rules, the important one being that you can't bring a duplicate data sheet until you've brought one of every datasheet from that group. So I can't bring a second wierdboy until I've brought one of each other HQ for example. I don't know what the missions or objectives will be yet, but last year they were made up in house and were similar to the new CA missions.

Any opinions/C&C? Unused in this list, I have most of the other new ork buggies on hand to swap in/out, a deff dread, an old metal warboss, and was kicking tires on buying some lootas.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) [51 PL, 7CP, 997pts] ++
    + No Force Org Slot +
    Battle-forged CP [3CP]
    Clan Kultur: Evil Sunz
    Detachment CP [5CP]
    Specialist Detachment [-1CP]: Kult of Speed
    + HQ +
    Deffkilla Wartrike [6 PL, 120pts]: Ard as Nails, Skargrim’s Snazztrike, Warlord
    Weirdboy [3 PL, 62pts]: 3. Da Jump
    + Troops +
    Boyz [11 PL, 168pts]: 2x Tankbusta Bombs
    . Boss Nob: Choppa, Slugga
    . 23x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa
    Gretchin [1 PL, 30pts]: 10x Gretchin
    Gretchin [1 PL, 30pts]: 10x Gretchin
    + Fast Attack +
    Boomdakka Snazzwagon [5 PL, 100pts]
    . Boomdakka Snazzwagon: Big Shoota
    Kustom Boosta Blastas [5 PL, 100pts]: Kustom Boosta Blastas
    + Heavy Support +
    Gorkanaut [15 PL, 311pts]: 2x Rokkit Launcha, Skorcha, 2x Twin Big Shoota
    Mek Gunz [2 PL, 31pts]
    . Gun: Smasha Gun
    . Gun: Traktor Kannon

++ Total: [51 PL, 7CP, 997pts] ++

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Not the happiest thing to bring up in this thread I know, but I am looking to start selling off my 40k collection to free up shelf space and pick up some spare cash. Any recommendations on how and where to best sell them? I was thinking ebay.

Also, any recommendations on how to ship them without them becoming damaged or breaking the bank? I have a lot of assembled large models like Imperial Knights or Tervigons.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Not the happiest thing to bring up in this thread I know, but I am looking to start selling off my 40k collection to free up shelf space and pick up some spare cash. Any recommendations on how and where to best sell them? I was thinking ebay.

Also, any recommendations on how to ship them without them becoming damaged or breaking the bank? I have a lot of assembled large models like Imperial Knights or Tervigons.

@Inquisitor

Bartertown or ebay or r/miniswap for selling

USPS flat rate with packing popcorn or bubblewrap for shipping.

Also, PM me a list of what you've got :biggrin:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
This discussion has been closed.