As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I thought they walked back the Templars' fiction to be okay with Imperium psykers as a 'necessary evil'? Does that not include Librarians?

SM codex doesn't allow Templars to take psykers. It's listed in with the chapter traits I think.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Huh, that sucks.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They’re OK with imperial psykers and use astropaths and navigators but don’t maintain a Librarius because the Emperor said not to, and no amount of heretical sophistry will convince them otherwise.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I guess a player on WHTV had a seizure today. Which explains why they have Vox Cast on instead of the GT right now. :bigfrown:

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I might have to redo my noise marines by popping off the sonic blasters and putting them on these dudes

CSMPreview-Mar17-CSMSquad2rhw.jpg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/17/pre-order-preview-abaddon-chaos-space-marines-and-more/

Next week abbaddon, and he brings along new chaos space marines (including a champion with the exact same pose as one of the primaris lieutenants) and a Stargate made from repurposed black stone fortress.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Anyone know how to post to a facebook pages community page? I'm trying to ask at another game store if someone wants to trade but I can't figure out how to make a post.

You might need to be a member of that page in order to post on it, if you aren't already. On Facebook, I'd recommend checking out The Barter Bucket. Shadowspear trading is pretty busy right now.

I will give that page a look and see if I can get a trade going. Thank you.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    They're updating the CSM codex, too. Though apparently everything will be in vigilus ablaze

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    These new Chaos releases are tempting me to just keep the Chaos stuff in Shadowspear and start up a Black Legion army when I am employed again. My Necrons and Space Wolves are mostly done.

Just never really been that into Chaos and I kind of want to do a Renegade Knights army over CSM.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I really love the CSM that are just feeding massive belts into their bolters. Nice to see belt fed bolters with more then 5 rounds dangling our the bottom.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Vigilus Ablaze actually sounds like a pretty huge content and rules update for Chaos overall.

I'm very jealous.

• Options
    The blurred out Vigilus black legion page, the one thing I can clearly make out is: "Mere Mortals: Chaos cultists do not benifit from Legion rules"

PLEASE drop them back down to 4pts...

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    The blurred out Vigilus black legion page, the one thing I can clearly make out is: "Mere Mortals: Chaos cultists do not benifit from Legion rules"

PLEASE drop them back down to 4pts...

instead guardsmen are gonna be 3 points because eat shit chaos players

• Options
    I played my friend's catachan yesterday and couldnt just keep my complaining mouth shut.
    Guardsmen and Lemen Russes are hand down the most bullshit-for-free units the entire game.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    russes are bad

tank commanders on the other hand

• Options
    Well yeah... when I talk about Russes, of course I mean tank commanders.

Catachan Conquerers are also hella nasty (of which he had two). Reroll shot number and reroll hits.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Oh man those new Chaos marines look pretty great, only problem is I have no idea who to paint them up as.

• Options

Catachan Conquerers are also hella nasty (of which he had two). Reroll shot number and reroll hits.

cadia rerolls shot numbers though

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    Oh man those new Chaos marines look pretty great, only problem is I have no idea who to paint them up as.

When they brought out the new csm in the mid 90's? I got a few as shown earlier and painted them as Word Bearers since no one was doing that where I was and I thought it would be neat seeing the lack of lore for them.
    Now a epoch later I kind of regret doing that but I might play csm again with the reboot of the codex and with the fresh minis in shadowspear

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    GaryO wrote: »

When they brought out the new csm in the mid 90's? I got a few as shown earlier and painted them as Word Bearers since no one was doing that where I was and I thought it would be neat seeing the lack of lore for them.
    Now a epoch later I kind of regret doing that but I might play csm again with the reboot of the codex and with the fresh minis in shadowspear

Well my dilemma is that I paint up marines as Transformers, so naturally Chaos Marines get used as Decepticons and i've pretty much done nearly all of the named ones from the G1 cartoon/early toylines already.

I might buy a box of these and paint half of them as Sharkticons and half as Vehicons from Transformers Prime. Or maybe a box of each and 2 squads of these guys!

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    russes are bad

tank commanders on the other hand

I think it says a lot about how bullshit Guard are overall that Russes might be described as "bad"

• Options
    Depending on rules I think I am moving my old purple marines to black legion. I love the new models. Also probably start retiring squat marines slowly.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Imperial Guard is pretty bullshit but it's because of the infantry. The vehicles don't have an invulnerable save so they just die to both Knights and everyone prepared to kill Knights.

Also, I don't want to hear any talk about bullshit armies from Eldar players, especially Dark Eldar players :P

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Guard being 'bullshit' is another thing keeping me from going back to 40k because I play guard and I really don't feel like hearing people complain about how the army I chose forever ago is bullshit now.

This is not directed at anyone here but more a lamentation of the state of the community as a whole and how this type of thing has been going on forever.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »

cadia rerolls shot numbers though

Cadia rerolls 1's if they don't move. Catachan vehicles can reroll random shot weapons and their infantry is str 4.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Guard being 'bullshit' is another thing keeping me from going back to 40k because I play guard and I really don't feel like hearing people complain about how the army I chose forever ago is bullshit now.

This is not directed at anyone here but more a lamentation of the state of the community as a whole and how this type of thing has been going on forever.

If you run mono guard you're okay. The real bullshit is guard + knights.

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Imperial Guard is pretty bullshit but it's because of the infantry. The vehicles don't have an invulnerable save so they just die to both Knights and everyone prepared to kill Knights.

Also, I don't want to hear any talk about bullshit armies from Eldar players, especially Dark Eldar players :P

I mean, you're not really going to hear any argument from me that Dark Eldar and Ynnari are also quite bullshit

I actually want Dark Eldar to get nerfed because it's not fun to feel like you've got something like a 10% points advantage against an opponent.

• Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

If you run mono guard you're okay. The real bullshit is guard + knights.
    Just don’t spam basilisks and bullgryns

• Options
    Doing some thinking on chaos especially since I know I am probably moving to black legion.

Abby is probably Bobby-G now or similar. I am okay with that.

I think between PoM, greater possessed, and the new HQ (depending on points) maulers are worth taking. Maybe even the Venomcrawler. The +1 to hit helps a ton. The +1 strength is nice. The 4++ is even nicer. And they cost 132 points. That isn't shabby.

I think chaos will probably have to use summoning. Even via the new PoM spell or normally. But it is an interesting little swiss army knife which I think can do a lot. Summoning 30 plague bearers or Bloodletters can change a board.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I don't like building for summoning personally. Having every potentially useful unit on hand is intimidating

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I spent like $65 on paint today so I can both start my collection and start doing my various deathwatch chapter shoulderpads

jeaklu9w7fz3.jpg

Rius on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I don't like building for summoning personally. Having every potentially useful unit on hand is intimidating

This is why I started converting daemons out of WFB Dryads for just "generic warp gribblies". If I want to summon 30, I just just bring 30 and proxy them as whatever daemon troop for that game. If my opponent complains that I didnt bring 120 apropriate models, I will pelt them with dice.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

This is why I started converting daemons out of WFB Dryads for just "generic warp gribblies". If I want to summon 30, I just just bring 30 and proxy them as whatever daemon troop for that game. If my opponent complains that I didnt bring 120 apropriate models, I will pelt them with dice.

Because if there's one thing any 40k player has on hand at all times, it's an abundance of dice.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Because if there's one thing any 40k player has on hand at all times, it's an abundance of dice.

I will admit without shame I bought those skaven dice and will use them in my next 40k game both because they are rad easily readable dice and I love skaven.

I just don't have the funds to start a whole skaven army, Carrion Empire sold out REAL fast, and I have a fuckload of marines left to paint.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Starting a Skaven army used to be dirt cheap since the market was flooded with old Island of Blood/Spire of Dawn models, but that dried up when the new book was released.

I'm finally getting around to finishing the build on my Valkyrie, and to be honest I think I'm gonna just hull mount a couple of heavy bolters from a Razorback kit and completely ignore the door gunners. What a delicate, spindly mess that whole assembly is.

• Options
    I think summoning and thing like that are going to be the key going on. Assassins are basically an 85 point 1 cp summon.

Ran a vassal game verse myself this evening. My Deathwatch/Ad mech (or a version) verse kind of where I am seeing Chaos going.

I am using NOVA terrain/missions since I am trying to memorize them. This last test Chaos actually ended up just winning verse my list that trounces guard. It was interesting.

Ran double mauler, double venomcralwers, a PoM, Abbadon, some possessed, 2x greater possessed. Enough points to bring in 30 daemons. Then the base line 30xcultist and 3x 5 man csm squads with missile launchers.

My Deathwatch/Ad Mech list cleared all the troops but the 30 man plaguebearer bomb I dropped on a point. But it was just took way too many loss getting there.

The venomcrawlers are better than I thought and the new +1 I see them as being decent. Basically carrying slightly better dual acs on them. And are pretty quick.

Really I think Chaos round 2.0 is going to have summoning in the competitive list as the PoM removes the biggest downside. Planning out the point isn't too bad.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So how exactly does summoning work? It has to be already built into the list point wise, right? I can't make a 2k list and then summon another 100 something points from thin air that were not included in the list.

Never really dealt with summoning at all so I'm not 100% on how it works. Basically just reserves?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Stragint wrote: »
    So how exactly does summoning work? It has to be already built into the list point wise, right? I can't make a 2k list and then summon another 100 something points from thin air that were not included in the list.

Never really dealt with summoning at all so I'm not 100% on how it works. Basically just reserves?

So in narrative you just summon stuff out of thin air. Its silly.

In match play you have to pay reserve points. So a lot like how Assassins work with the new stratagem.

Reserve X points aka don't take them. During you movement phase any chaos character can choose not to move and summon instead. Roll 3d6. Add them together. You can summon that many power level of units with in 12" of that character and 9" away from your opponent. If you roll a double your character takes a mortal wound, a triple is d3 mortal wounds. Out of your reserve points you pay that units cost in points.

So 10 plague bearers are PL 4 and ~70 points before upgrades. To summon them you had to have you list max out at 1930 points.

The new Master of Possession has a spell that is warp charge 7. It does the above but on 4d6 with no mortal wounds and you can move before the psychic phase so it is a lot better.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Has anyone got some extra Primaris Reiver sprues? I have been using 3 easy-assemble ones with my DW Kill Team squad but I'd like to get the fully assembled ones now; I've got a DW conversion kit so I have extra shoulder pads and stuff for them.

There is a half-box of five them that I can get off ebay for $30, just figured I'd ask here first.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm actually considering buying some Reivers to build out a Vanguard army list. It might be some time before I do it, I don't know how long you want to wait.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.