As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Western-style bands/music

limester816limester816 Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all, I'm looking for some good western sounding music, like the stuff in kill-bill. Songs/albums/bands are appreciated. I'm not sure if there are bands who go for a sound with that western type tonality, but maybe there are.

Thanks!

limester816 on

• Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    country western?

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jonny Cash for the artist.

"Americana/Roots" for the genre.

try this stations out... http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?format=amc&scope=bc&is_lic=Y&sr=Y&sid=&x=17&y=8

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Like old-western style, ala clint eastwood... saloons and whiskey.

limester816 on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, you can't go wrong with Ennio Morricone, who did the music for Sergio Leone's western. In fact, a new cd just came out, and it has the Good, the bad, and the Ugly theme done by Metallica. Groovy stuff.

If you liked Kill Bill and haven't done so yet, I'd recommend the Desperado/Once Upon a time In Mexico soundtracks. I'll especially recommend the band Chingon. Especially the Malagena Salerosa, which is one of my favorite tracks bar none.(I think it's also in the Kill Bill soundtrack)

Angel City Outcast, while not really "western", has that kind of feeling while infusing it with rockabilly.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Thanks! Ennio Morricone seems a bit old-school for me, I really liked Chingon, they manage to mix the electric guitar with spanish/western music and it really works well.

limester816 on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You might dig Murder by Death.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Like old-western style, ala clint eastwood... saloons and whiskey.

And
    Thanks! Ennio Morricone seems a bit old-school for me,

This. Does. Not. Compute.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yea, sorry, to clarify, I meant the "style" of the old style clint eastwood, but brought up to today's technology- so like taking the melody of the good, the bad, the ugle, the dunananana, and putting it into a modern day context sort of. That Chingon was what I was looking for, but that is a bit spanish tinged.

limester816 on