As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I can't decide if blowing out the Packers in a meaningless game to lower their draft pick by four spots or Eric Ebron suddenly becoming an all-pro that catches everything the second he leaves Detroit is the most Lions thing of the season.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Hot take: the Colts' away jerseys still are the best jerseys in the league bar none

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Hot take: the Colts' away jerseys still are the best jerseys in the league bar none

That is a hot take. They're just... white with a couple shoulder stripes and leg stripes. Give me the Chargers' powder blue.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I have all this healthy food in the house, which is good in general

But my plans this weekend largely revolve around watching football, and I really want pizza and wings ... >_>

• Options

That is a hot take. They're just... white with a couple shoulder stripes and leg stripes. Give me the Chargers' powder blue.

The Colts aways is a clean-ass kit. Simple and striking.

It's probably just me, but I really dislike powder blue uniforms, especially paired with a dark blue. The Chargers unis jut do nothing for me, because I dislike their color scheme pretty strongly.

• Options
    I'd love to back you up, Kobold, because I do like the Colts' away getup, but the Chargers powder-blue are legendary and for a good reason :wink:

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Texans acting like they're the Dallas Texans smh idgaf gtfo

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'd love to back you up, Kobold, because I do like the Colts' away getup, but the Chargers powder-blue are legendary and for a good reason :wink:

I guess I'm gonna have to agree to disagree, then.

• Options

I guess I'm gonna have to agree to disagree, then.

Fair! <3 Also this game is, um, one-sided so far, to say the least.

Let's see if Watson and Hopkins can come back and make this interesting?

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Texans acting like they're the Dallas Texans smh idgaf gtfo

No Texas teams after this weekend please

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Bravo Schaub.

• Options
    Oh god my prediction that the Colts were going to win was far more spot on than I expected holy shit

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I think I'll be back for the next game. This one is probably over now

• Options
    As the on-field and sideline mics continue to improve, at some point there will have to be a serious talk with the players about language

Or the introduction of the mute-delay to football broadcasts :P I have already heard some impressively colorful language out there! :D

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    As the on-field and sideline mics continue to improve, at some point there will have to be a serious talk with the players about language

Or the introduction of the mute-delay to football broadcasts :P I have already heard some impressively colorful language out there! :D

Maybe they can make the football glow so it's easier to see too.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

Or society develops less of a hang up about certain words.

What I've grown to hate is the random scream of pure pain those mics pick up from time to time.

Veevee on
  • Options
    hippofant wrote: »

This is the most hurtful thing you can say to a Canadian, first of all :P

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I do love seeing a dline interception. Maybe this game ain't over? (God Luck can be terrifying)

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

And second?

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I do love seeing a dline interception. Maybe this game ain't over? (God Luck can be terrifying)

It just looks like the Colts march downfield unless a miracle like that pick happen

Texans offense needs to get going here

• Options

And second?

I got nothing, I thought that was obvious >_>

• Options

And second?

I got nothing, I thought that was obvious >_>

Okay, and third?

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    This game: Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey good bye.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    I hate this GMC commercial, you take something innovative and potentially worthwhile and ruin it by playing a generic commercial every ad break and now I just want lawsuits to occur when someone steps on it and falls apart and hurts them.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Stepdad: who’s favored to win this
    Me: (checks line: Houston -1) uh, nobody really

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Stepdad: who’s favored to win this
    Me: (checks line: Houston -1) uh, nobody really

*checks score 20 minutes in* And we're ready to call it!

• Options
    blatant face mask, no call, fuck off refs.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I just tuned in. Is Bill O'Brien Schaubing this up? Or is Watson being this terrible? Or is Watt as overrated as expected?

I mean, it's hard to pick one, right? Since this is the team that failed to force New England to play this weekend.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    blatant face mask, no call, fuck off refs.

That was a big ol' handful, hard to believe nobody saw that! :bigfrown:

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I can't decide if blowing out the Packers in a meaningless game to lower their draft pick by four spots or Eric Ebron suddenly becoming an all-pro that catches everything the second he leaves Detroit is the most Lions thing of the season.

Going with the Packers win. Plenty of players rejuvenate when moving to new teams. The pressure of being picked before odell or donald may have been messing with him. Losing 5 spots could remove a cornerstone player.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    21-0 at the half, think I'll extend halftime, be a good boyfriend and cook dinner :P I suspect I won't be missing much in the rest of this game!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I just tuned in. Is Bill O'Brien Schaubing this up? Or is Watson being this terrible? Or is Watt as overrated as expected?

I mean, it's hard to pick one, right? Since this is the team that failed to force New England to play this weekend.

Watt has been good, had an offsides penalty on him but also tipped a ball in the air that led to an interception (so the ESPN guy who was saying Watt can't just be batting balls, stfu)

O'Brien hasn't been screwing up because this isn't against his old team New England who he is paid off to lose to probably by some Bean Town mafia

Watson is showing the problems I've been saying all year; he tries to extend plays thinking he can just run away from the d-line, but then runs way too far into the backfield which means he can't set up for passes when someone does appear, and he's already so far back he can't make any meaningful run that the Colts won't be able to prepare for. And he's showing just bad playmaking this game which is often covered up by Houston's defense but when they have to come from behind it never works out.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Why is an animated video of Luck wearing a Union uniform with 'defenders' wearing grey while Dixie is playing?

Fuck you, Monday Night Football crew!

• Options
    Yeah I was wondering why they didn’t use Battle Hymn of the Republic

• Options
  • Options
    Stepdad hates the victory formation and always gets so mad at the end of the game when it’s employed.

I just giggle.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Stepdad hates the victory formation and always gets so mad at the end of the game when it’s employed.

I just giggle.

Well, taking a knee is the most unpatriotic thing you can do...

• Options

I just giggle.

Does he also believe the spread is communist football?

• Options
    I'm super nervous about this game. These two teams seem like they're matched up really well. I think I might be internally screaming this entire game unless it's a surprise blowout.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Troy Aikman looks stoned

wbBv3fj.png