As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Honestly it is pretty gross that two NFC East teams are still alive

And in the playoffs

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I gotta focus on the positives...

Mitch didn’t suck.

...That might be all I got right now.

So, they cut Parkey yet?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Is double doinking a think for Parkey or something?

He doinked four times in one game against the Lions this year.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

At least one is powered by the magic of Nick Foles.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    One by Nick’s big dick

And one by Jerry Jones’s 97th facelift

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    NFL Network is already rerunning the game.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I really have to admit, I was ready to give up on the Eagles after the Dallas loss, so really even getting to the playoffs is gravy, but holy cow, the ending to that game.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

On the bright side, the Slurs were two games up in the division at week ten, and they are not one of those teams still in the mix.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Apparently there was juuust a slight tip on the kick.

Which... kinda makes it even more insane that it still doinked twice.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    NFL Network is already rerunning the game.

Yeah, I was out and about when it was on, so I appreciate this. Al Michaels still has it, but Collinsworth needs to shut up. He belabors the point so much and doesnt pay attention to live action. I want to throttle the asshole.

Of course, I've fantasized about choking him out since Len Dawson was on Inside the NFL, so it's nothing new.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I like collinsworth

• Options
    Collingsworth said some point in the early game: "Many of these guys on the Eagles' roster didn't think they would be playing in a playoff game of this magnitude". I mean, its a wildcard game. It is literally the playoff game with the lowest amount of magnitude possible. >.>

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Collingsworth said some point in the early game: "Many of these guys on the Eagles' roster didn't think they would be playing in a playoff game of this magnitude". I mean, its a wildcard game. It is literally the playoff game with the lowest amount of magnitude possible. >.>

And yet still probably a true statement.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

And yet still, Collinsworth is not that clever.

• Options

And yet still, Collinsworth is not that clever.

https://youtu.be/WC8Elk1LRjs

• Options
    Give that man a mustache and he’s Wooderson.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    I gotta focus on the positives...

Mitch didn’t suck.

...That might be all I got right now.

So, they cut Parkey yet?

While Mitch didn't suck, he certainly wasn't playing ball at the level of a playoff caliber QB (not that Foles was much better). This has been one of my biggest criticisms of Mitch all season is that he certainly has an arm, and has talent, but I think his head game is just not at the professional level yet. When he gets his confidence shaken (and this is often), entire drives just fall apart. I don't expect the Rodgers/Brees/Brady level of hyper-focus and mentality, but he just seems to get rattled so often. It wasn't helped by the fact that we had essentially no run game at all against the Eagles.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    This showed up n my timeline and I can’t stop chuckling:

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    He was raw coming out of college, in his 2nd season, and first time in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if he didn't suck. He wasn't all that great during the regular season either.

If you're a Bears fan, you'll have to hope he continues to grow in the off season and after being in a playoff game, he settles down more in the next one. As a Lion's fan, I hope he stays right where he's at, since that defense is scary enough, we don't need you to have a good QB as well.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Trubisky is, at worst, another another Matt Stafford. He could be a great QB, maybe even an all-time great, but it will depend on having a competent coaching staff to reign in his talent.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Trubisky set a franchise record for passing yards in a playoff game, threw no picks, and led the team into game-winning field goal range in the final minute.

He wasn’t perfect, but he was good.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Trubisky set a franchise record for passing yards in a playoff game, threw no picks, and led the team into game-winning field goal range in the final minute.

Yup, and if they'd given them That Catch™ (even though incomplete was apparently the correct ruling-upon-review), Bears probably win that game.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    This showed up n my timeline and I can’t stop chuckling:

I wouldn't support barstool anything btw, they're are a toxic group of toxic masculine jerk offs.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »

Yup, and if they'd given them That Catch™ (even though incomplete was apparently the correct ruling-upon-review), Bears probably win that game.

I want to say this too, but you could just as easily say the Eagles should have recovered the fumble and neither team scores any points before the half anyway.

It was a “wtf” moment but I don’t think it changed the outcome

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    Trubisky is, at worst, another another Matt Stafford. He could be a great QB, maybe even an all-time great, but it will depend on having a competent coaching staff to reign in his talent.

Don’t you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

• Options

Well, the "correct" call should have been to let the play go because it was a fumble and not whistle the play dead. I think that the it was the best option after the play though because I would have gone apoplectic if they said it should have been changed to a completed pass.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

Well, the "correct" call should have been to let the play go because it was a fumble and not whistle the play dead. I think that the it was the best option after the play though because I would have gone apoplectic if they said it should have been changed to a completed pass.

I think the rule should be if there's an official fuckup like that to just replay the down, that way officially it doesn't count

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

I think the rule should be if there's an official fuckup like that to just replay the down, that way officially it doesn't count

I think that probably would be more fair than what happened. The receiver clearly caught it so it was not an incomplete pass that nobody picked it up and the refs blew the whistle prior to any player grabbing the ball is on them. That it was basically a fuck up all around a do over seems reasonable.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Looks like Titan's OC Matt LaFleur will be the next Green Bay Packers coach. Should be interesting as the Titan's never struck me as a innovative offensive team.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Looks like Titan's OC Matt LaFleur will be the next Green Bay Packers coach. Should be interesting as the Titan's never struck me as a innovative offensive team.

Really not sure how I feel about it yet. The Titans didn't have a lot of offensive weapons, much like the Packers this season. And what'd he do with that?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

We don't really need an offensively minded head coach. Rodgers is going to want to do his own thing. I would have preferred a DC but I guess we'll see.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

Really not sure how I feel about it yet. The Titans didn't have a lot of offensive weapons, much like the Packers this season. And what'd he do with that?

I think I'll be ok with this as long as he doesn't use a delayed hand off as his go to play on 3rd and 10 or greater situations.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Important consideration about Matt LaFleur, per reddit:
    Honestly, they didn't have many other choices. NFC North coaches have to be named either Matt or Mike.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Important consideration about Matt LaFleur, per reddit:
    Honestly, they didn't have many other choices. NFC North coaches have to be named either Matt or Mike.

I don’t know, Jim was a good coach in the NFC North

Edit: Only in like the last 4 years though.....

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

Well Gritty could've made the FG

EDIT: Maybe it's just me but the tweet isn't showing up and this is considerably less funny without the tweet

EDIT2: They re-did the tweet. Got it this time.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Jim is a cousin of the MattMikes and is allowable, but only 1 at a time

• Options
    Chicago fans have reacted predictably to missing the field goal.

• Options
    Ok I'm now on board with this LaFleur guy:

hi9i5o4xrb5b.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The fight for the top draft pick in 2021 just got a lot uglier last night.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum