Options

[Hades II] These deities are hotter than Hades (Early Access NOW)

• Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    It gives you one unit of a currency per run that you spend to reroll. Each additional rank in Fated Authority gives you more of that currency per run.

Edit: is really nice to have but definitely prioritize other darkness upgrades.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    There's also a contractor upgrade that gives you an additional charge of Fated Authority when you pick up a Chthonic Key

• Options
    altidaltid Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'd put fated authourity as last on the order of mirror unlocks, but been ages since I've been at that stage.

Some more general tips I'd give:

Dash lots.
    More boons is nearly always better.
    Boon levels don't matter a huge deal due to diminishing returns. Pick a few up when you can, but don't sacrifice too much to get them.
    Hammers are brilliant, take them if you can get them.
    Having 2 easily applied debuffs + privelidged status mirror talent ups damage massively. Likewise the +% damage for having a bloodstone stuck in an enemy. Makes damage stack up significantly against bosses.
    Charon's shops can be a good way to skip combat/recover if needed (just keep in mind if it's the last room, then any 'alternate' room choice is a free item).

altid on
  • Options
    I prefer Fated Persuasion to Fated Authority. I found it wasn't that useful to reroll an entire room, but being able to fish for better boon options has been a big advantage. Sometimes you get offered a crap list of boons and you can power up an entire run by rerolling it into an epic.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Speaking of fishing, I saw on option to fish in the contractor shop. Should I get that? I've got 6 gems, so I can either get x2 of the 3-cost upgrades or one and the fishing thing.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Fishing provides various currencies when you exchange fish to the head chef. It’s a nice boost but you’ll mostly be getting gems, keys, and some nectar. There are other possible rewards but they’re rarer.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Speaking of fishing, I saw on option to fish in the contractor shop. Should I get that? I've got 6 gems, so I can either get x2 of the 3-cost upgrades or one and the fishing thing.

Do you need progression items?

Get the fishing asap.

The first 4 stages only give you gems, keys, nectar etc... but the chaos room fishing points and additional spot (You'll know when you find it, and you cant not find it) will give you Titan blood, ambrosia and diamonds for their trade ins.

So you'll get a lot out of it quickly.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    I've been hitting every Chaos spot when I can afford the health. I'm assuming there value is always worth it.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I've been hitting every Chaos spot when I can afford the health. I'm assuming there value is always worth it.

If nothing else Chaos is in the running for best character, especially his eventual troll request, which is HILARIOUS. ...and this is why they want you to do it. Because it'll be funny

Personally: i will always take a chaos gate over blue rewards. No question asked. Chaos gate vs gold rewards is tricky. If the gold rewards are just Gold/Poms/Heart, it's probably worth it. If it's offering a boon, i'll take the boon. If it's offering a Skull Gold/Pom/Heart reward, or there's a Pact gate with similar, then i think those are better than the chaos gate. More immediate power, for one.

Earlier chaos gates are better, since that gives more time to get the hp back and get the benefit of the chaos boon. Beyond that... they're a bit of a crapshot. they are very strong, but their essentially random nature makes it hard to guarantee you're going to get something strong. But it can get very awkard if you get an incredible +attack boon that's going to shred your health every time you attack until it evolves and you're on say, Fists.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I tried Lucifer again and maybe it was just the boons/hammers I picked but it still doesn't feel very good

just like 2x the work for just okay damage compared to Eris (maybe not the fairest comparison, but still)

• Options
    I find that Fated Persuasion interacts very well with Chaos. I've had a lot of success rerolling on Chaos if the first set they offer me isn't quite what I want.

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    I find that Fated Persuasion interacts very well with Chaos. I've had a lot of success rerolling on Chaos if the first set they offer me isn't quite what I want.

I prefer rerolling entire rooms than just the reward screen, personally, but yeah i can see that working very well.

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    On the topic of Chaos: the developers went to a lot of trouble to make them seem like an alien, with an alien mindset and an alien rationale and an outsider approach to language. But weirdly enough, that mindset and rationale are so consistently portrayed that it made them seem like the logical type of alien. So Chaos is, paradoxically, probably the most ordered character in the game. Wait until you hear them talking about their discovery of hide-and-seek, it'll be a hoot.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Chaos' room only gives you Darkness now.

Tartarus - Gems
    Asphodel - Keys
    Elysium - Nectar
    Styx - Gems
    Surface - Diamond for Common, Ambrosia for Rare, Titanblood for Legendary.

• Options

If nothing else Chaos is in the running for best character, especially his eventual troll request, which is HILARIOUS. ...and this is why they want you to do it. Because it'll be funny

Personally: i will always take a chaos gate over blue rewards. No question asked. Chaos gate vs gold rewards is tricky. If the gold rewards are just Gold/Poms/Heart, it's probably worth it. If it's offering a boon, i'll take the boon. If it's offering a Skull Gold/Pom/Heart reward, or there's a Pact gate with similar, then i think those are better than the chaos gate. More immediate power, for one.

Earlier chaos gates are better, since that gives more time to get the hp back and get the benefit of the chaos boon. Beyond that... they're a bit of a crapshot. they are very strong, but their essentially random nature makes it hard to guarantee you're going to get something strong. But it can get very awkard if you get an incredible +attack boon that's going to shred your health every time you attack until it evolves and you're on say, Fists.

Wait, wait, wait....what are these Blue and Gold rewards you're talking about? Is this a Heat thing or have I been missing something. All the rewards I've seen are: God Boons, Resources (Gold, Darkness, Gems, etc), Shops, and so forth. Are there differences in the options that I've been missing?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    the laurels around the room are either blue or gold - blue are generally considered lesser rewards than the golds

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    hush wrote: »
    the laurels around the room are either blue or gold - blue are generally considered lesser rewards than the golds

Huh...I thought they were all just white. Learn something new everyday.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Wait, wait, wait....what are these Blue and Gold rewards you're talking about? Is this a Heat thing or have I been missing something. All the rewards I've seen are: God Boons, Resources (Gold, Darkness, Gems, etc), Shops, and so forth. Are there differences in the options that I've been missing?

laurel colors around the room icon bubble

https://hades.gamepedia.com/Chambers_and_Encounters

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Just make sure you track how far it is to the boss and don't go into a triple erinyes fight with your attack hurting you, having to do the entire thing on specials and casts

You're gonna have a bad time

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Another loss to the Elysium bosses. I can't get my head wrapped around that fight to save my life.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Another loss to the Elysium bosses. I can't get my head wrapped around that fight to save my life.

Assuming this is the base/low heat version, try to separate them and take them out one by one because they're much less annoying that way. If you stay on the outer edge of the ring and fight Asterios there, Theseus will basically only ever throw spears and you can just make sure to keep a pillar in between him and yourself to vastly lower the threat of his spear throws, which lets you focus on getting the Asterios part of the fight down. Asterios has a pool of attacks that he uses but as long as you stick to his hindquarters he won't be able to hit you easily. Dash towards him when he's leaping at you and he should just go right over you and miss. When he bull charges you, that's the only time you might have to pay attention because ideally he hits a pillar but sometimes the hit detection on the charge feels wonky and he'll kind of glide around them if you're just skirting around one so it's usually better to get him running right at you and then dash straight through it so he hits it dead on.

If you can get Asterios down then it's just a test of patience with Theseus where you wait for him to attack, then get behind him or it is a substantially faster fight if you got an hammer boon that lets you pierce or you have a cast/special that can hit in an aoe and you aim it behind him to ignore the shield. Once he hits half health he'll invuln then be completely vulnerable for 5-7 seconds while he's doing the god call animation, so that's the time to use your own god call and just nuke him down quick in that time period (it helps if you have any Companions to use there as well).

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I Feel Like I didn't see a nectar spawn in 3-4 runs... basically since i completed a run.

Any way to get some o that sweet sweet nectar to spawn more often?

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    First clear immediately followed by a second one :D

After first spoiler
    That scene after the first clear is a hell of a gutpunch.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    If you've got Dionysus in a run, you can get his Premium Vintage boon for one nectar. Fishing in Elysium will also provide nectars. Otherwise I usually see them in Tartarus but I don't think I see them much after that.

Also, going to stream a run or two while I run up some heat with the fists. Next up is heat 13, using the magnetic cutter.

Tynnan on
  • Options
    I’m trying to focus the Minotaur at the exterior of the arena, but my focus gets too split on either dodging the spear or the leap attacks. Eventually I just get out of rhythm and it snowballs while I recover.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I’m trying to focus the Minotaur at the exterior of the arena, but my focus gets too split on either dodging the spear or the leap attacks. Eventually I just get out of rhythm and it snowballs while I recover.

Are you using your Casts... constantly?

Because that's something i didn't do at first and spamming your cast is not bad at all.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I Feel Like I didn't see a nectar spawn in 3-4 runs... basically since i completed a run.

Make sure you haven't got Dark Foresight enabled on the mirror. It will heavily slant the chamber rewards toward single-run rewards like Obols, Centaur Hearts, and Boons which means less long-term items, Nectar among them.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »

Make sure you haven't got Dark Foresight enabled on the mirror. It will heavily slant the chamber rewards toward single-run rewards like Obols, Centaur Hearts, and Boons which means less long-term items, Nectar among them.

WELL THAT MAKES SENSE. Thanks.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

After first spoiler

3 peat!

Now to see if the gun gets me killed again and breaks the streak.

Also the 3rd one was the first Heat run and I realized that picking trap damage was fine for most of the game...but the last area is a fucking nightmare with that on. o.O Hello getting smacked for half my HP in one go!

• Options
    edited October 2020
    more hades strem
    expect spoilers etc.
    https://www.twitch.tv/orphane

Orphane on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Got the credits last night. Was unexpected. Would've done it on my highest heat if I'd known.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    edited October 2020

After first spoiler

3 peat!

Now to see if the gun gets me killed again and breaks the streak.

Also the 3rd one was the first Heat run and I realized that picking trap damage was fine for most of the game...but the last area is a fucking nightmare with that on. o.O Hello getting smacked for half my HP in one go!

And four, care of a disgusting cast build. First time I've done that. +damage/knockaway, stones do damage when they fall out.+2 stones, auto-recall, stones drop faster. Alpha, run around shooting and grenading until they fall out, repeat. Somehow wasn't my fastest run, I think the first couple areas were slow. Because the Hydra heads died in one alpha each and other areas just got quicker til I hit the final boss, who was a bit harder.

edit: streak ended at four. Got a little too greedy on five. "This attack boon isn't ideal, I'll pick the other one and wait for a better attack boon"
    cue last floor and unbooned attack
    "FUCK"

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    Lost to Hydra with gun. Lost so much health getting to the damn thing because I built into the 5-spread Special and got nothing but twitch/rush/hoppy enemies. Boo!

Back to the spear I guess.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Catalase wrote: »
    Got the credits last night. Was unexpected. Would've done it on my highest heat if I'd known.

What does getting them on a higher heat do?

• Options

It's to do with the mechanics of the final fight the 10th time you'd head to the surface. It's... different. And much easier.

• Options

It's to do with the mechanics of the final fight the 10th time you'd head to the surface. It's... different. And much easier.

Ah, i see.... Ah well, i'm going to clear with all weapons before i start adding heat so the highest heat i could get for number 10 is 4 heat anyway.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Coming back to this, I've had some good luck getting Nectar to spawn from Infernal Troves of all types. In my experience, it's only been happening after getting the highest upgrade for the troves, but it might just be pure chance that's causing this apparent bias.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Coming back to this, I've had some good luck getting Nectar to spawn from Infernal Troves of all types. In my experience, it's only been happening after getting the highest upgrade for the troves, but it might just be pure chance that's causing this apparent bias.

Troves can't spawn nectar though? They do darkness/gems/coins/health

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Troves can't spawn nectar though? They do darkness/gems/coins/health

No, they can, but it's a low rate
    In addition to its intended reward, an Infernal Trove can drop a Nectar at a rate of 5% when all the spawned enemies are killed.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Trading keys for nectar is also good once you've unlocked the weapons and mirror talents

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif