As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Acute Inflation

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Acute Inflation

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    I don't really wanna read the news post for this one...

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Tycho is having some bad luck in the playing games department.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    This is why the Switch doesn't leave my house. I don't trust my donkey brains not to leave it somewhere that isn't my house... Though electronic miracles do happen! My mom left her phone ontop of a gas pump the other day. She went home when she couldn't find it, thinking it was there. Eventually she realised where she must've left it and went back to the station. Somehow it was still sitting there on the pump.

So maybe Tycho will get lucky somehow.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    r/NintendoSwitch in a nutshell

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    My Switch rarely leaves the dock, much less my home. I still mostly play it on the TV. :)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Nintendo has made the best portable game console ever. And then (practically) locked up all your save data in that single device.

I don't get how these people are so good at making money...

Edit: Oh, I see they finally got their cloud save service off the ground for the low low price of $20/year. I guess I DO get hose they're so good at making money.

dennis on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I have not signed up for Nintendo Online yet because I mostly just play RPG's and single player games so I don't really need it. Does their online service offer cloud saves?

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I have not signed up for Nintendo Online yet because I mostly just play RPG's and single player games so I don't really need it. Does their online service offer cloud saves?

It does, but not for all games. When the cloud save feature launched, it was only applicable to like, 3 first party games, and almost none of the third party or indie stuff.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    My Switch rarely leaves the dock, much less my home. I still mostly play it on the TV. :)

Reverse for us. Ours is usually always connected to the charger while the wife or I are playing it handheld.

Still doesn’t leave the house unless we’re traveling.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Literally lost an iPad mini on a flight to Newark because I left it in the pocket. Thing wasn’t even in good shape either.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • vanner11vanner11 Registered User regular
    One year traveling home for xmas, my partner and I left our Halo Reach edition xbox 360 on the plane in the overhead compartment. Fortunately, we realized it just as we were leaving the air port and a kind flight attendant met us outside the air port with the bag carrying our 360. Best Xmas gift ever.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

It does, but not for all games. When the cloud save feature launched, it was only applicable to like, 3 first party games, and almost none of the third party or indie stuff.

Are you sure? I was fairly certain it was actually the reverse, that it was applicable by default for basically everything except a couple first-party games (notably, Pokemon and Splatoon). Haven't paid attention to it in a while, so I may be wrong!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    One time Peter Frampton's main guitar was lost when the plane it was on crashed. It eventually turned up at a repair shop and was returned to him. Of course it took something like thirty-one years for it to turn up be hey-least he got it back, right?

• JackJack Registered User regular
    My Switch has left my house precisely once. I do play it both docked and undocked but it just doesn't leave the house.

But then I'm a paranoid schizophrenic and sometimes I go heavy on the paranoid.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jack wrote: »
    My Switch has left my house precisely once. I do play it both docked and undocked but it just doesn't leave the house.

You're not being paranoid when the world really is full of people who would totally keep a Found Switch.

H9f4bVe.png
  • KredKred Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    You're not being paranoid when the world really is full of people who would totally keep a Found Switch.

Exactly!

For example, I would totally do that.

I'm not a nice person.

• GuilelessGuileless Registered User regular
    That customer service rep is ice cold.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Guileless wrote: »

I bet she found it and kept it. She's probably holding it just off-panel in panel #2! :)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
    edited December 2018
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    Guileless wrote: »

I bet she found it and kept it. She's probably holding it just off-panel in panel #2! :)

Her playing it on her lunch break would have made for a great fourth panel.

dennis on
  • JackJack Registered User regular

That's not how paranoia works. People who don't know how it works say "it's not paranoia if you're right" but the truth is that it should be "if you're right then it's a coincidence".

That's not how paranoia works. People who don't know how it works say "it's not paranoia if you're right" but the truth is that it should be "if you're right then it's a coincidence".

The thing is...
    It's a joke.
    -- tube

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    When I play with my Switch in handheld mode for any significant length of time (like over an hour) it really messes with my vision. Like, when I try to look at other stuff afterwards I have trouble focusing and my depth perception is slightly off for a while. I've never experienced it before with any other handheld (not even the 3DS in 3D mode), so I don't know what's going on there.

Anyway, that's why I pretty much exclusively play it using the dock and a tv screen.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    For me, it messes with my hands. I don't know if it's because my freakishly large hands are just not compatible with those little hobbit-sized controllers, or if everyone else just won't admit how terrible they are.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    One time Peter Frampton's main guitar was lost when the plane it was on crashed. It eventually turned up at a repair shop and was returned to him. Of course it took something like thirty-one years for it to turn up be hey-least he got it back, right?

Yo-yo Ma once left a $2.3M cello in a taxi. It was recovered pretty quickly though.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Yo-yo Ma once left a $2.3M cello in a taxi. It was recovered pretty quickly though.

You can't sell a thing like that. Most things that expensive are expensive because of their pedigree, meaning if you can prove you have a $5 million Stradivarius and not a well tuned $150 violin, you have given the prospective buyer a line to follow right back to where you stole it.

There's a fair few instruments like that unaccounted for, and in the rare case when one surfaces its either because it's pedigree has been abandoned and it turned up in a garage sale or something, or because the theif's heirs realized they'd never be able to sell it and returned it. Or occasionally because it was destroyed for the same reasons.

A Switch is quick cash at any pawn shop.

Hevach on