As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    White sockets are so easy to get these days there's zero reason not to experiment.

I swapped out War Banner for Dread Banner for the extra defense and the impale kinda boosted my DPS over 1 milly with all cylinders firing, swapped out Chaos Golem for Ice Golem for crit. Woo!

Also this is absolutely my first build over 1 million Shaper DPS ever. My last highest was 400k.

Awesome, what's your build? Do you proc Impale from some source other than the Dread Banner? I have been using War Banner for the Adrenaline on drop to nuke down bosses, but maybe for longer fights Dread Banner is just better.

Scion Slayer/Raider Cyclone.

Dread Banner gives me the impale for Cyclone, which does an admirable job of it. Plus in tough fights it's a good source of damage mitigation (along with Vaal Grace and Fortify), which this build really is lacking and leans more on high movespeed, dodging, and leech.

It just kind of synergizes with the all-physical damage of the build better than War Banner for the higher level stuff. I usually don't have an issue with trash mobs, it's the bosses and Syndicate bros I have to knuckle down for.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    hey guys

i think something is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S1hm9ZzW0Y

something is wrong

That is absolutely amazing

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Fossils, yo

3r3h3cadis3y.jpg

edit: fossissllllssss

yfmof8qe286y.jpg

Second one has prefix (delve) and suffix (T2) cold damage, with T2 flat ES. I slammed the cold res which is actually useful to me. God I wish this thing had also rolled Cold DoT Multi. It's got an open suffix for Aspect of the Spider though, which is almost as good.

Rius on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised I still level so fast on my way to 80.

I've been playing less but when I do play I've stayed on one character so I'm at the highest level I've ever been (79 atm, had hit 74 last season) but I am kinda itching to start something new. maybe do some trades for the first time so I can try a build I could never afford before (I generally just ctrl+f for league starters or watch a youtube vid of the same when I want to start a character so I don't have to stress about gear til the end if at all)

but I'd have to figure out what I wanna do first anyway. feel an equal draw towards bow using mmmmmm, big ass 2h sword or mace mmmmm, OR sword and board which how can you not love even now? I've long wanted to mimic a frost zealot from diablo 2 and there are obvious reasons and ways you'd change it for this game but the idea of lots of rapid 1h swings that do cold damage is simple enough obviously. Not like it's some crazy idea to 'copy' it's just something that's stuck with me from diablo 2 for no known reason.

now I made myself miss the seeking arrow. maybe I should just play diablo 2 :P

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Been grinding Syndicate encounters on Harbour Bridge today. Upgraded 4 breachstones for 100-110c profit each, looted 12 Gilded Scarabs including 6 Sulphite, 4 Cartography and 2 Divination, plus some polished and rusty ones. If I hop around and pay attention I can find some Alva spawns too occasionally.

The tradeoff is I don't level or make Delve progress but I have half a dozen sulphite scarabs now so woo

edit: 15k sulphite from a single scarab don't mind if I do

They really need to scale sulfite better. A Tier 16 map should give more than a Tier 10.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    hey guys

i think something is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S1hm9ZzW0Y

something is wrong

irrelevant!

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Ugh. 600+ fusings later, still only 5L on my inpulsas. Luckily i was able to stop 60 fusings from running out at a 5 link until i get more.

I spent an entire ex buying a huge batch of fusings too. Down to 1 ex and about 25c in the stash. I really wish the economy would allow people to make decent cash without the obvious guilds and ubre farmers monopolizing everything. I don't mind them making money, but with the batch of unique items that can actually sell for a respectible profit being so small a number, it makes it super difficult to build a savings. Map farming, even in the high end, is only barely sustainable unless you get one of the 'big 10' items that everyone wants, and even some of those are going down in price (like inpulsa's which is down from 5.5 to 3.5ex or so) while others get even more expensive and the price of ex keeps going up.

When the currency of your digital game is more stable then the items themselves, its time for a closer look at the items.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    So I hit level 87 with my WO/Frostorb/Vortex elementalist.

Something just isn't click on T13+ maps and it's become an outright chore. I know that it's not geared optimally, that my chest piece is dreadful and both it and my staff could really use 6L.

I also don't think I have a curse set up, which may be helpful as well, anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lamyest/characters

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Just to make sure, but did you get your item up to 28% with Hillock? Alas, RNG is a fickle mistress. Just look at this terribad watcher's eye I got.

pu7hv1r3bmts.png

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Honestly you've got it backwards, at least for this league; the best currency is not to be made in maps (or from random drops) anymore unless you're ultra ultra hardcore about it.

The current meta for making money in maps is to heavily invest in a single map and get tons of returns in more maps, currency, crafting bases and div cards. This is because you can run a 140 quant T16 with Shaper or Elder influence plus three scarabs, plus maybe a Monstrous Treasure prophecy, plus some sextants.

Instead of all that nonsense, you can spend a little currency making a Pathfinder that just runs really fast, and then you can farm Syndicate encounters in Act 7 on the Harbour Bridge. Spend an hour or three setting up a good board, and then you just keep running Research and Intervention safehouses for profit.

It That Fled at 3* as the head of Research is literally a 180-200c profit every time you run it, Tora helps you level up Enlighten/Empower gems (make sure you put 20q first since it will double the bench EXP) from level 2 to level 3 so you can either sell the uncorrupted 3s (Empower is 80c) or corrupt for a shot at level 4 (Empower is 3.5ex). 3* Vorici sells in trade 820 for up to 80c, or you can try to make something like a Queen of the Forest with 5 off-color or white sockets total, that's worth a lot of money even unlinked. Vagan/Elreon/Janus in Research have shit rewards except for the fact that they're Safehouse Stashes in Research, which everyone wants for the challenge. Again in Trade 4040 you can get 5c per stash per person, so if you have 3 stashes you can sell 5 portals for 75c total.

As far as Intervention goes, 3* Cameria at the head is a 60c profit every time from the Gilded Sulphite scarabs. Gravicius, Rin, Haku and Jorgin have the next four most valuable scarabs, though not necessarily in that order. And the scarabs will sell as fast as you can get them.

If you don't want to grind Syndicates, you can farm low depth Delves for fossils and resonators. This is a crafting league and I often find myself paying 3c each for Potent Resonators simply because I want to buy in bulk. And that's only if I can find them; sometimes they're 4c each. Two socket resonators are the most popular for spamming crafting. And Fossil columns behind walls in Delves now have 3-4 fossils each, so if you get 2 pristine and 2 prismatic from a single wall that's like a 15-18c profit. One higher tier/quant map's worth of Sulphite with a 30c Gilded Scarab can let you run a hundred low level Delves and make ten times that much profit.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Honestly you've got it backwards, at least for this league; the best currency is not to be made in maps (or from random drops) anymore unless you're ultra ultra hardcore about it.

The current meta for making money in maps is to heavily invest in a single map and get tons of returns in more maps, currency, crafting bases and div cards. This is because you can run a 140 quant T16 with Shaper or Elder influence plus three scarabs, plus maybe a Monstrous Treasure prophecy, plus some sextants.

Instead of all that nonsense, you can spend a little currency making a Pathfinder that just runs really fast, and then you can farm Syndicate encounters in Act 7 on the Harbour Bridge. Spend an hour or three setting up a good board, and then you just keep running Research and Intervention safehouses for profit.

It That Fled at 3* as the head of Research is literally a 180-200c profit every time you run it, Tora helps you level up Enlighten/Empower gems (make sure you put 20q first since it will double the bench EXP) from level 2 to level 3 so you can either sell the uncorrupted 3s (Empower is 80c) or corrupt for a shot at level 4 (Empower is 3.5ex). 3* Vorici sells in trade 820 for up to 80c, or you can try to make something like a Queen of the Forest with 5 off-color or white sockets total, that's worth a lot of money even unlinked. Vagan/Elreon/Janus in Research have shit rewards except for the fact that they're Safehouse Stashes in Research, which everyone wants for the challenge. Again in Trade 4040 you can get 5c per stash per person, so if you have 3 stashes you can sell 5 portals for 75c total.

As far as Intervention goes, 3* Cameria at the head is a 60c profit every time from the Gilded Sulphite scarabs. Gravicius, Rin, Haku and Jorgin have the next four most valuable scarabs, though not necessarily in that order. And the scarabs will sell as fast as you can get them.

If you don't want to grind Syndicates, you can farm low depth Delves for fossils and resonators. This is a crafting league and I often find myself paying 3c each for Potent Resonators simply because I want to buy in bulk. And that's only if I can find them; sometimes they're 4c each. Two socket resonators are the most popular for spamming crafting. And Fossil columns behind walls in Delves now have 3-4 fossils each, so if you get 2 pristine and 2 prismatic from a single wall that's like a 15-18c profit. One higher tier/quant map's worth of Sulphite with a 30c Gilded Scarab can let you run a hundred low level Delves and make ten times that much profit.

I just ignore the meta and try to have fun. The idea of running Harbor Bridge or low level Delves incessantly makes me want to [insert self harm meme].

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Just to make sure, but did you get your item up to 28% with Hillock? Alas, RNG is a fickle mistress. Just look at this terribad watcher's eye I got.

pu7hv1r3bmts.png

Yes, its at 28%.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Koreg wrote: »

Something just isn't click on T13+ maps and it's become an outright chore. I know that it's not geared optimally, that my chest piece is dreadful and both it and my staff could really use 6L.

I also don't think I have a curse set up, which may be helpful as well, anyone have any suggestions?

I don't really understand poe skill interactions well enough to have an answer but maybe some smartypants here can address the purpose of running a channeling skill with a cast while channeling support. Are you channeling to create a screen full of frostbolts that your vortexes will land on. Seems like a neat idea but this means the vortex is doing the work and your empower is probably wasted. On the other hand your vortex and cold snap should be destroying stuff. My guess is that you are a glass cannon and that you can't stay alive long enough for the maelstrom of cold to protect you. Your defense seems to be just life (no evasion, no MoM etc). How much do you have? Also a quick look at poeninja suggests most winter orb builds link in hypothermia for the chill interaction. Hopefully someone smarter than me weighs in but that's my initial take.

Edit: one other thing. You should have a Vaal Cold Snap. It comes in really handy and wouldn't cost you an extra gem slot. I'd recommend blasphemy and a defensive curse but I don't see any space.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options

I just ignore the meta and try to have fun. The idea of running Harbor Bridge or low level Delves incessantly makes me want to [insert self harm meme].

Well Running Harbor Bridge is very cathargic after all the one-shots you endure mapping.

thing is, im so damn close. I need the damn elder blob to respawn so i can start moving it again...I want to beat the damn elder this league.

Please clarify something for me.

I'm at the step of the quest where i have to kill the elder in a red map. (While keeping shaper alive).
    I have been hording my T16 maps, expecting a zana quest to require me to do these areas to trigger quest completion...but i have not seen proof of that looking at the details of the next step of the quest, which is ubre elder anyway, and even if i kill elder, the best I'll be able to do is sell slots for ubre fights i guess. I'd kinda like to do the 16 maps i have for completion if nothing else but not if its going to screw up my questlilne.

So basically do any of the steps of zana's quest specifically tell you to kill the T16 bosses, or does it just skip from killing elder in a red map to 'gather the fragments and do the t17 fight' ?

Also, can you horizon a T15 map into the vaal temple? I know you can harbinger a 15 into a vaal temple (no luck yet but im trying), but can you go sideways (horizon).

• Options
    edited January 2019
    azith28 wrote: »

I'm at the step of the quest where i have to kill the elder in a red map. (While keeping shaper alive).
    I have been hording my T16 maps, expecting a zana quest to require me to do these areas to trigger quest completion...but i have not seen proof of that looking at the details of the next step of the quest, which is ubre elder anyway, and even if i kill elder, the best I'll be able to do is sell slots for ubre fights i guess. I'd kinda like to do the 16 maps i have for completion if nothing else but not if its going to screw up my questlilne.

So basically do any of the steps of zana's quest specifically tell you to kill the T16 bosses, or does it just skip from killing elder in a red map to 'gather the fragments and do the t17 fight' ?

Also, can you horizon a T15 map into the vaal temple? I know you can harbinger a 15 into a vaal temple (no luck yet but im trying), but can you go sideways (horizon).

You just need to kill Elder on a red map to get to the next step which is kill the guardians. After you kill the guardians (and collect the fragments) you get the kill Shaper quest.

You cannot horizon (edit: or harbinger which is what I'm guessing you meant) a t15 (or t16) to temple as far as I know. You need to vaal it :bigfrown:

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Well Running Harbor Bridge is very cathargic after all the one-shots you endure mapping.

thing is, im so damn close. I need the damn elder blob to respawn so i can start moving it again...I want to beat the damn elder this league.

You can't horizon a T15 into vaal temple, because vaal temple is T16, and horizon orbs just change maps into maps of the same tier.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular

I don't really understand poe skill interactions well enough to have an answer but maybe some smartypants here can address the purpose of running a channeling skill with a cast while channeling support. Are you channeling to create a screen full of frostbolts that your vortexes will land on. Seems like a neat idea but this means the vortex is doing the work and your empower is probably wasted. On the other hand your vortex and cold snap should be destroying stuff. My guess is that you are a glass cannon and that you can't stay alive long enough for the maelstrom of cold to protect you. Your defense seems to be just life (no evasion, no MoM etc). How much do you have? Also a quick look at poeninja suggests most winter orb builds link in hypothermia for the chill interaction. Hopefully someone smarter than me weighs in but that's my initial take.

Edit: one other thing. You should have a Vaal Cold Snap. It comes in really handy and wouldn't cost you an extra gem slot. I'd recommend blasphemy and a defensive curse but I don't see any space.

Basically that's the plan. Channel WO, which fires like 7 frostbolts out. Normally the WO/FB is enough to clear trash, but rares get Vortex and Cold Snapped which generally always freezes and kills them in a second or two.

My defenses are the big issue, but I can't figure out which to run for this. I can't use MoM because Vortex is super mana intensive and getting armor/evasion has been an issue due to coloration.

Switching to a pure WO build in a 6L, without the ColdSnap/Vortex may be the best idea, that way I can redo my gems and free up space for a golem and curse setup.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm a little confused why you wouldn't run MoM when something is mana intensive. You get such a huge mana pool and regen, so long as you get the nodes to support it, that you can cast with your mana barely moving.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    There was also a bug (that might be fixed?) where the only map that could create a vaal temple was tower, so vaal temples were way more expensive this league than usual. Normally any t15 has a small chance to make a vaal temple.

The first 3-4 weeks of a league I vaal all my red maps and I've made a vaal temple twice total, I'd recommend just buying one if you want one.

Zana's quest does have you kill shaper's guardians, but if you've done them already and have the maps completed it skips to have you kill the shaper. After that she tells you to lure elder to shaper's realm so you can fight uber elder.

When elder spawns he'll spawn within 2 levels of whatever map you last completed, so if you want to be doing red elders, make sure you aren't doing yellow or white maps when he's not on the atlas or you'll run the risk of him spawning on a white or yellow map. Pushing him from yellow to red is a huge pain in the ass sometimes.

mccart on
  • Options

Basically that's the plan. Channel WO, which fires like 7 frostbolts out. Normally the WO/FB is enough to clear trash, but rares get Vortex and Cold Snapped which generally always freezes and kills them in a second or two.

My defenses are the big issue, but I can't figure out which to run for this. I can't use MoM because Vortex is super mana intensive and getting armor/evasion has been an issue due to coloration.

Switching to a pure WO build in a 6L, without the ColdSnap/Vortex may be the best idea, that way I can redo my gems and free up space for a golem and curse setup.

Too bad your staff has that open red slot. If it was blue you could stick HoT there and clear out the damage on full life in the boots to pop on blasphemy temp chains (although you might be trading a billion chromes for mana issues).

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I'm a little confused why you wouldn't run MoM when something is mana intensive. You get such a huge mana pool and regen, so long as you get the nodes to support it, that you can cast with your mana barely moving.

Maybe MoM and EB. There seems a fair bit of ES going to waste on the setup.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Usually running a low content grind is boring as hell, but Harbor Bridging the Syndicate is just so damn satisfying.

• Options
    *snipped post about how to earn currency via Syndicate or Delve*

I'm trying to refute the notion that it takes luck from in-map drops to make money. You can grind maps and hope for exalt drops or good uniques or good bases, or you can spend that same time grinding consistent, reliable income. Either way, you're grinding for currency.

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »

You can't horizon a T15 into vaal temple, because vaal temple is T16, and horizon orbs just change maps into maps of the same tier.

Sorry i mean can you horizon a T16 into a vaal temple.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I did my first map after hitting the epilogue the other night, haven't had much desire to play PoE at all since. Did a tier 1 map and had a temple incursion become active in it, between the two I died so many times I finished the map with <1% progress toward my next level, which is incredibly discouraging toward wanting to play more. Gone was that feeling of "Well I am almost to the next level, lets do another zone". XP loss on death is one of the dumbest mechanics of any RPG style game but it doesn't really become an issue in PoE until you hit end-game content. Honestly I'd prefer monsters/bosses regenerate health when you die instead of you losing XP to prevent people from beating bosses kamikaze style with no consequence.

Also is it just me or do incursions suck? The lead-up incursions to the temple itself were annoying with the short time limit and seemingly crap drop rate on Stone of Passage, or they would commonly drop too far away from a door so that I can't get to any of them in time after one does drop. Then the temple itself was painful and having to run back through every room when I died was tedious and annoying.

Maybe I need to gear up now, see what I can buy with the 1ex and dozen chaos or so I have, but it gave a bad first impression of end game content.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

Sorry i mean can you horizon a T16 into a vaal temple.

No.

• Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I did my first map after hitting the epilogue the other night, haven't had much desire to play PoE at all since. Did a tier 1 map and had a temple incursion become active in it, between the two I died so many times I finished the map with <1% progress toward my next level, which is incredibly discouraging toward wanting to play more. Gone was that feeling of "Well I am almost to the next level, lets do another zone". XP loss on death is one of the dumbest mechanics of any RPG style game but it doesn't really become an issue in PoE until you hit end-game content. Honestly I'd prefer monsters/bosses regenerate health when you die instead of you losing XP to prevent people from beating bosses kamikaze style with no consequence.

Also is it just me or do incursions suck? The lead-up incursions to the temple itself were annoying with the short time limit and seemingly crap drop rate on Stone of Passage, or they would commonly drop too far away from a door so that I can't get to any of them in time after one does drop. Then the temple itself was painful and having to run back through every room when I died was tedious and annoying.

Maybe I need to gear up now, see what I can buy with the 1ex and dozen chaos or so I have, but it gave a bad first impression of end game content.

Sounds more like your just undergeared for mapping. remember, beating the final chapter just dropped your resistances by another 30%, and mapping you definately need them maxed, and your passive points invested in a good life pool. The first time i did maps at the end of delve I had a similar experience, but during betrayal I didnt really have to change any gear to deal with maps getting more difficulty until around T10 with basically the same build (just a bit better selection of gear).

The Incursions difficulty is based on the map level. My character can clear all tiers of maps (even if i have some boss problems occasionally), but Generally I think the incursion and betrayal content is overtuned once you hit Tier 10 and higher maps, especially when your regularly ach/ing and vaaling your orbs to have lots of modifiers.

• Options
    @eelektrik I'd sell that exalt for some chaos and look at gearing up. If your profile is public we can usually pull down your stuff in Path of Building and take a look at your build and see what's going on.

My biggest mistake when I started mapping is I assumed the initial content would be a little easier than the end of story mode, i.e. D3 going from the story to rifts. Nah it picks up right where it left off.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    eelektrik wrote: »

Remember when you kill Act 10 Kitava, you get another -30 elemental resist penalty, bringing the total penalty up to -60 to fire/cold/lit res. To run content now, you want to cap your resists. They cap at 75%, so you need 75 + 60 = 135% from gear. If you press "C" and look at the defenses tab, it should show you your resists as "XX (YY)" where XX is the capped resist and YY is the total resist. If YY exceeds XX, you can afford to give up the difference in resists to boost up another.

GGG assumes capped resists for all endgame content, so it's important to get capped resists.

Once you have this done, you want to make sure you have at least 3,000 life (preferably 3,500+) and a layered defense (evasion, armor, es, dodge, shield block, Mind over Matter).

Having beaten Kitava, you're probably around level 68 to 72. I highly recommend using poe.trade and shopping for gear upgrades. Look for items with total life and total elemental resists. Even with only a 20 chaos total budget you can get some HUGE upgrades. If you have only a 20c budget, for example, you can set the max buyout on any particular slot to 4c and then look at items within the 1-4c price range. This is usually enough to replace all of the gear you've found so far.

A great way to get starting currency is to do the "Chaos Recipe". This is where you vendor a full set of rare equipment which yields a chaos. Selling the set all unidentified yields two chaos. A full set is:

[*] Helmet
    [*] Chest
    [*] Boots
    [*] Gloves
    [*] 2 Rings
    [*] Amulet
    [*] Belt
    [*] Weapons - 2 hands worth and must be viable. This means any 2-handed weapon, any bow, a pair of 1-handed melee weapons, a pair of wands, a 1-handed melee weapon and shield, or a wand and shield. If you vendor with a bow, a quiver is not required.

This should total to 9 pieces if using a 2-hander or 10 pieces otherwise. You can run Ossuary in Act 10 get both experience and a decent amount of blue and yellow mobs for getting loot for the chaos recipe.

*edit* That exalt orb is worth about 175 chaos or so currently. You can get insanely good upgrades (5L unique chest, great weapons, etc) for that much currency. Use currency.poe.trade to find a buyer.

What's your build? Are you following a guide?

Also, add me as a friend. Character name: HeffOriginalName I will gladly help you out and can help find and fund some upgrades.

On Incursions - Incursions benefit from any mods on the map and generally have tougher mobs that hit pretty hard. If you're using a golem or other summons, when you zone into an incursion wait a couple of seconds before moving. Any time you zone, you have a 30 second of damage immunity buff that also prevents mobs from attacking you. But your pet will spawn on you and be attacked. So if you move right away, you may have a screen full of projectiles hit you (resulting in a quick death).

Heffling on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    When I reached the Maps on my Arc Witch I had the Syndicate locked in the basement and ignored any Incursions because both of those events would have kicked my ass. I wouldn't want to attempt either of them at maps until I had geared up a bit. But then a weapon dropped that was key to another build I was interested in and I stopped working maps.

• Options
    So I was resolved to buying a shitload (like, 5000) alteration orbs today and trying to hit T1 cold damage over time multiplier on an opal scepter, figuring I would accept T2 as a consolation prize. But before I did that, I checked and found a magic Opal Scepter with T2 CDoT Multi and a junk suffix. I bought it from the seller for 35c.

One Regal, two successful Orbs of Annulment, and 3ex in multimodding later, Corruption Smasher was born.

cg6p4q2d46dy.jpg

Still need to throw some divines at it later, but chaos dot is dead, long live cold dot

• Options
    You know I've been having trouble keeping the Shaper alive in Red Elder fights until I read a really stupid simple solution.

Frost wall.

Just level it up. I replace my Enfeeble gem linked to CWDT/IC because it's got an Increased Duration gem in there and viola.

Ezpz.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Me Wall is also great for high level delves where random projs are 1 shotting you

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So I am going to do my stupid build of the league. Some sort of CoC assassin to power through. Was thinking like Arc Charged Dash. Or Conc path magma balls with ngah. Something off meta because its more fun that way. Also since Mathil took the frost bolt ice nova idea i had waiting and made it expensive.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters I don't know if that link works, but I'm starting to get real rippy moving through Act 9. I think the only reason I'm even able to clear what I am clearing is I'm a little overleveled for the zones I've been going through. I should probably replace a lot of my gear, but I feel like replacing piecemeal is going to just make things worse, but replacing it all at once is going to be expensive? Unless I can find a bunch of solid rares for an Alch or two each.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    At this point in the league's lifespan I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find a piece of rare gear for every slot with 60+ life and 60+ resists for a chaos each

Your gloves, boots, helm, rings, amulet and belt could all stand to be replaced with even middling rares

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters I don't know if that link works, but I'm starting to get real rippy moving through Act 9. I think the only reason I'm even able to clear what I am clearing is I'm a little overleveled for the zones I've been going through. I should probably replace a lot of my gear, but I feel like replacing piecemeal is going to just make things worse, but replacing it all at once is going to be expensive? Unless I can find a bunch of solid rares for an Alch or two each.

Oh yeah it's time to shed the early leveling gear. You can probably find replacements for all of that for a few chaos or less.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Brody wrote: »

You can get rings, belts and ammy that have 60+ flat hp, stats as needed, and 90+ combined res for under 5c a piece

i highly recommend upgrading those first.

you have low ish hp (2500) and your jewelry is pretty weak overall.

try to get a second scaeva as well, they should be 1alch-1c

http://poe.trade/search/itotehonanorek

these are all 290+ dps scaevas for 1 blessing/1 alch etc. for comparison your current scaeva has 229, and innsbury has 189

can probably drop the mana flask since you have the mana leech node

tree looks good, althought i would drop the 5% hp nodes near scion life wheel (constitution) and put them towards points into getting acro and phase acro. Dodge is a great defensive layer. The 5% nodes can be gotten as late game hp boosts.

since it seems you are going crit (champs should always go crit IMO) start getting the crit multi nodes near RT (disembowling nodes)

here are links to decent jewerly, all under 5c

http://poe.trade/search/onoohimarinabe

http://poe.trade/search/kararohinamiyo

http://poe.trade/search/enonitouinoyoo

you can also start replacing your helm (gold rim) with a rare that gives hp and res, once u sort out ur jewelry.

http://poe.trade/search/ikahinobaruwom

then replace lochs, which are a leveling gloves

http://poe.trade/search/azusitoariyaya

you should be able to farm act 9 blood aquaducts for the chaos recipe for about an hour and make 10-50c. i can help you set that up as well

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    My retooled Occultist does 1.7m Shaper DPS without flasks or any special conditional shit, and does that DPS in gigantic AoEs while running around singing and dancing

Turn on Vaal Cold Snap and now she's doing 2.2m Shaper DPS

While having 10k ES at level 86

• Options
    he slid into my dms first

J3qcnBP.png