As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

John Wick Chucks An Assault Rifle At A Dude in the [movies] Thread

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    As with any joke, hyperbole in poor taste merits critique.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Its possible that may have been comical hyperbole
    I mean sure but also the dude is a gross shitbird and that should probably also be mentioned when folks are doing nothing but singing his praises and talking about how great he is

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned, every gross famous dude should basically have whatever the worst thing they've done appended to their name so it's implicitly part of every conversation about them

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh yeah. I don't really have a problem with reminding people he's a piece of shit.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i'm well aware that michael bay is scum

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I actually didn't know that so it's probably for the best that people decided to mention it!

• Options
    oh yeah no it's always good to be reminded

i mean how many times have i posted the same damn article about the brownface in aladdin at this point

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    oh yeah no it's always good to be reminded

i mean how many times have i posted the same damn article about the brownface in aladdin at this point
    The WHAT now???

(No I already know about it)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    the page didn't load both sentences at once and i literally had to suppress a scream before scrolling down

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I had not heard that particular example of Bay being a scumbag toward Megan Fox, so that was interesting to learn.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Give me a Monkey Island movie series

Cinema need more screwball pirate comedy

If you haven't seen it, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! is lots of fun.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Give me a new Cabin Boy movie

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Personally I think we should always recite the same arguments about Bay until the heat death of the universe

• Options
    give me the chris elliot cinematic universe i so rightfully deserve

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Give me a new Cabin Boy movie

We've had enough Treasure Island adaptations, I feel.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I saw the Korean movie I Can Speak today.

It's nice and funny and incredibly heartbreaking. And a powerhouse lead performance. I'm kinda overwhelmed right now.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    give me the chris elliot cinematic universe i so rightfully deserve

“Have you given this death-trap a name yet?”

“Yes, yes, Tony ... well don’t you get it? Tony, as in Tony the Tiger! Corn flakes! *sigh* Because there’s no SUBstitute for breakfast!”

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    About to go watch a movie about a Fishboy

Blank as the only other person in the world who saw Aquaman wow Aquaman is good and it would be nice if literally another human being saw it

sig.gif
  • Options
    AQUAMAN SPOILERS FOR THE COOL EXCLUSIVE CLUB OF THE TWO HUMANS WHO SAW AQUAMAN
    They basically gave Arthur an Arthurean quest

Mera ate a flower and then Arthur also ate a flower

FOUR TIMES a conversation is interrupted by a sudden exploding wall

I also feel it merits mention that my son is named Arthur and has vestigial gills as a rare birth defect which I think makes me Temuera Morrison.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Bobble wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I will never forgive Jurassic World 2 for that damn brachiosaurus scene.

We were watching it at an outdoor theatre and when that scene ended, someone right down the back near the toilets yelled “oh fuck you!” in the most distraught voice.

Haven't seen it and probably won't, so what happened in the scene?
    The island where the dinosaurs all live is getting wiped out by a volcano, so everyone is trying to get to the boats to evacuate. The dinosaurs are all panicking and running to the beaches and cliffs to escape the destruction, most drowning in the sea in the process. The protagonists just barely escape to one of the boats carrying a bunch of dinos off the island, and as it pulls off out to sea they turn back to see a lone brachiosaurus reach the pier, staring after them like an abandoned dog. As it is silhouetted by the flames and pyroclastic flow rushing up behind it, it lets out a heart-wrenching cry to the sky, before it is engulfed by the cloud and dies.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I loved how even Entourage shit on Michael Bay.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

I also feel it merits mention that my son is named Arthur and has vestigial gills as a rare birth defect which I think makes me Temuera Morrison.
    Honestly the vibe I came out of Aquaman with more than anything else was "That movie was charming"

It has plenty of warts (holy CHRIST the kid playing teenage Aquaman is one of the worst performances I've seen) but it is so earnest and full of energy and enthusiasm for its source material and just this insane sci-fi fantasy fishman epic existing it is a really fun, endearing experience that I loved.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »

Honestly the vibe I came out of Aquaman with more than anything else was "That movie was charming"

It has plenty of warts (holy CHRIST the kid playing teenage Aquaman is one of the worst performances I've seen) but it is so earnest and full of energy and enthusiasm for its source material and just this insane sci-fi fantasy fishman epic existing it is a really fun, endearing experience that I loved.

I can agree with a decent amount of that. But some of the warts bothered me a bit more. Like, holy shit, a couple of those fight scenes were CGI as bad or worse than the climax of Black Panther. And the digital de-aging was more along the lines of Leia in Rogue One than Tarkin in Rogue One. Which was all the more frustrating when contrasted with some amazing visual depictions of Atlantis and other great shots and effects work underwater. At one point the combination of visuals and music had me thinking of some of the best bits of Tron: Legacy. And Sigur Ros was a strong musical choice for the beginning of the film. Which only made the Pitbull that much more jarring even though I was expecting it.

I really just didn't like Patrick Wilson as Orm, the king who hates the surface world but was apparently 100% inspired by Michael Buffer.

I was the only person in my screening laughing out loud the 4th time an exploding wall interrupted a conversation. And I just could not stop.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I kind of secretly hope Dracula will turn up in.... every movie I watch

Home Alone where Kevin is trapped alone in a church setting traps for an increasingly frustrated Dracula

Home Alone except Kevin ran away with a girl who happens to be Liam Neeson's character from Taken's granddaughter. Shit gets real when he assumes she was kidnapped and tries to break into Kevin's house. Taken Home Alone: Kevin vs Bryan.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    The exploding wall running gag was fantastic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    It works so well because it’s never commented on and you’re not quite sure the movie is self-aware about it

But they had to know

sig.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh, Into the Spider-Verse was so good, I was grinning like a kid the whole way through

That movie is seriously stylish as hell

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    It better win every Oscar, even Best Foreign Drama.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I'm feeling confident it will win 65 Oscars this year.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I feel like it will probably be nominated for one award - best animated film - and then lose to Incredibles 2

wandering on
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I feel like it will probably be nominated for one award - best animated film - and then lose to Incredibles 2

If you want to be a realistic jerk about it!

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular

And if not, I demand to be taken to the universe where it does.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    McFodder wrote: »

And if not, I demand to be taken to the universe where it does.

Well just so you know (Spider-verse spoilers)
    That would be the Noir-verse where the rubik's cube and this movie are the only things in color. Naturally, the movie made all of the money.

Bobble on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i just got out of spider-verse

I'm so, so happy to see a marvel movie that makes me feel good and smile, what an insane burst of fresh air

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I watched Ant-man and the Wasp last night

It was very, very good

Michael Pena is a treasure

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I watched Ant-man and the Wasp last night

It was very, very good

Michael Pena is a treasure

"You put a dime in him, you got to let the whole song play out."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Watching Evangeline Lilly enjoy the hell out of pretending to be Michael Pena might be the best thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Today my best friend and I celebrate our favorite holiday tradition: the entire, extended LotR trilogy.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Speaking of...

More in the thread if you click through. What the hell!?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I guess he got the extendeds on BluRay.

This discussion has been closed.