Options

Weird/partial page loads

In the last couple of days I've had a lot of pages load incorrectly, like this:

n7m393kjzeeu.png

Like not all the elements loaded, or something is missing? Pages load correctly like 95% of the time, and the error is not always exactly like the one shown. Screenshot is Safari, Mac, but it's also happened on Firefox/Win10 and I think also on mobile, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’ve had the same thing a few times in the last day or so, on Safari. A refresh clears it up for me.

Maybe the site is getting extra traffic due to PAX South?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Refresh does fix it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I have been getting plain HTML version of pages served up several times today with no CSS formatting or images, refreshing fixes it immediately though so not a big problem. Does not look like the screenshot in the OP though.

e: or it does load some of the CSS and avatars and icons? not exactly plain HTML, I took a screenshot this time:

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/ko/3i56acmiatkk.png

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I have been getting plain HTML version of pages served up several times today with no CSS formatting or images, refreshing fixes it immediately though so not a big problem. Does not look like the screenshot in the OP though.

e: or sometimes it does load some of the CSS and avatars and icons? I took a screenshot this time:

I am getting this as well with the bonus of agrees and awesome showing an almost full page picture for each agrees avatar

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Same issue here. I'm on chrome on android.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Issue is on my android phone and on desktop pc with chrome, switching over to firefox made mine go back to normal tho if that helps narrow it down.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Safari on iPhone for me. Doesn’t matter whether or not I’m logged in, I’m missing CSS.

• Options
    Or at least most of the formatting. I haven’t tried to figure out what assets are missing.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Ditto for me. Displaying only text and avatars in Chrome on Android. Refreshing does nada.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Both Chrome and Firefox on Android Oreo are loading up pages without CSS for me. Clearing browser cache, refreshing page, restarting browser, and restarting phone do not help.

Turning on "Desktop Site" in Chrome on the same device does work properly.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Interestingly, I can replicate the problem on desktop Chrome (Chrome v71 on Windows 10) using the mobile emulation features:

Load up forums.penny-arcade.com.
    Press F12 for Developer Tools.
    Toggle the device toolbar (there's an icon under Elements, or press Ctrl+Shift+M)
    Change the Device Type to "Responsive" and press F5 to refresh.

I'll post a screenshot of that shortly.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Interestingly, I can replicate the problem on desktop Chrome (Chrome v71 on Windows 10) using the mobile emulation features:

Load up forums.penny-arcade.com.
    Press F12 for Developer Tools.
    Toggle the device toolbar (there's an icon under Elements, or press Ctrl+Shift+M)
    Change the Device Type to "Responsive" and press F5 to refresh.

I'll post a screenshot of that shortly.

vbp4zkb1z3gu.png

3vieiqyeo8z0.png

• Options
    My browser showed an error loading the file at

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/asset/less/mobile/style-4c295b3e.css

But then I opened a new tab and loaded up that file manually and I was able to reach it, which is weird.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Working proper for me now. Thanks code fellows!

• Options
    Yes, thank ye greatly.

• Options
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Working proper for me now. Thanks code fellows!

Same!

Thank you!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Everything looks fucked to me. All plain text and big avatars.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Just happened to me too, on mobile. It was working fine this morning. :(

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    This is broken for me on Android Chrome too. Was working fine earlier today though.

Desktop looks fine.

• Options
    Weirdly, its working fine for me today dispite being broken for me yesterday.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’m on iOS Safari, if that’s important

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’m on iOS using Safari and formatting is completely broken for me, if I switch to Chrome on the same device the mobile site works just fine. I can also switch to desktop mode in Safari and that works as well.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Whatever change was pushed through in the past hour just fixed it for me. :)

• Options
    I didn’t see the problem today at all. Running safari on iOS. I wonder if this is a CDN issue or some such...

• Options
    Fixed, thanks

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

e: or it does load some of the CSS and avatars and icons? not exactly plain HTML, I took a screenshot this time:

I have started getting this issue again today, enough that I thought I should mention it. A couple times an hour maybe?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif