Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Getting windows 7 games on windows 10

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
I'm upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10.

Is there a way to copy system files from 7 to get the games to work on 10?

I want to do this without downloading a 3ed party installer.

I need to save my Minesweeper stats, dang it!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Minesweeper files are in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft Games. You'll need to enable hidden files and folders to see the AppData folder.

No idea how to get it on Win10 but that's where the stuff is before you upgrade.

Shadowfire
  • deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the reply.

I copied XInput9_1_0.dll to system32 on the new machine but the exe still won't work.

• deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    edited February 4
    I'm trying the hex editor steps on this site but no luck. I can't find the hex it tells me to search for. I had 64bit win 7 and saw the 1 comment about win 7 is different but that didn't help.

Anyone vouch for the download mentioned?

https://windows.gadgethacks.com/how-to/bring-back-microsofts-classic-no-bloat-games-windows-for-free-0166605/

deathnote666 on
  • BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    I'm upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10.

Is there a way to copy system files from 7 to get the games to work on 10?

I want to do this without downloading a 3ed party installer.

I need to save my Minesweeper stats, dang it!

You could set up a virtual Windows 7 on your Windows 10, that will let you play Minesweeper as were it on Windows 7.

Also there is a new Minesweeper on Windows 10, so alternative is perhaps to just take a screenshot with your High score and the get on the new one.

Bones heal, glory is forever.