As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

The one on the left totally says ‘Romancing Salsa’ right? It’s not just me?

Everyone's got their fetish

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

The one on the left totally says ‘Romancing Salsa’ right? It’s not just me?

Everyone's got their fetish

"I'd double-dip in you any day, girl."

#CondimentPickupLines

edzepp on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    It's Nintendo E3 Direct Daaaaaay!

Na-na-na-na-na-naaaaaaaa!

Dissapointment, and shadow drooooooooooops!

Na-na-na-na-na-naaaaaaaaa!

No Prime, cause we cant have nice thiiiiiiiiiiings!

Na-na-na-na-na-naaaaaaaa!

50 million WiiU pooooooorts!

Na-na-na-na-na-naaaaaaaaaaa!

No Reggie, because he leeeft ussssssssss!

Na-na-na-n..n..na.....n..na...*ugly crying*

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Hello, fellow responsible adults. I took the day off work to watch a 40-minute video game commercial. How are you doing today?

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    50 million WiiU pooooooorts!

That'd be fine provided Xenoblade Chronicles X is one of them. And Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I guess.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Hello, fellow responsible adults. I took the day off work to watch a 40-minute video game commercial. How are you doing today?

You are living your best life. The rest of us are going to be sitting at work, following along but being completely unproductive. At least you can go no-pants and stretch out on the couch.

I'm not sure what announcements I want to see. Anything Prime 4 would be nice, but it's not happening. Hollow Knight Silksong would be a cool inclusion, but I don't imagine we'll see that either. Link's Awakening will no doubt feature, but I don't need to be sold any more on that than I already am.

Maybe the thing I most want is an info dump on Town. And PSO2 coming to the West. And... let's see...

Y'know what? Let's aim high. Give me early details on a BotW sequel and the next Mario installment. Let BotW's follow-up be tied to a calendar, with an evolving world that unlocks new content for everyone over time, with events rolled out, new threats, new dungeons, towns being built, etc. over time. So that we all play a single-player game but experience new shit every month. A single-player MMO.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

I got my own office, my nearest superior is two States away and this Direct kicks off on my lunch break.

As long as no one seriously fucks up forcing me to do work I am set.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Give me a BOTW sequel with WIZARD ZELDA protagonist.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Looks like the Links Awakening remake is playable on the show floor.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Makes sense. It's probably just iterating on Link Between Worlds under the hood, so I imagine development has been easy.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I’m taking my lunch early today to watch the Direct. C’mon Animal Crossing!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

It's out this year, so I would hope so

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    We are so busy at work I couldn't afford to take the day off. Fortunately though, I work from home and will just take my lunch during the Direct. My boss is several states away so it shouldn't be an issue.

:D:D:D:D

As for final hopes/dreams/predictions:

I do hope for an announcement of a Xenoblade X port. I'd take TMS too.
    Pikmin 4 please.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I just want the HD Zeldas

but seeing as how we're getting weird candyland claymation Links Awakening, I'm not very hopeful

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

but seeing as how we're getting weird candyland claymation Links Awakening, I'm not very hopeful

Is it strange that this is why I'm looking forward to the Link's Awakening remake? The claymation art style is what hooked me and guaranteed my purchase.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Is it strange that this is why I'm looking forward to the Link's Awakening remake? The claymation art style is what hooked me and guaranteed my purchase.

I guess that came off as way snarkier than I was really intending. I'm definitely going to get it and will almost certainly enjoy it. It's just that on the vast list of Zelda things I want to play, a bizarre looking remake of LA would be fairly close to the bottom.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

No, it looks fucking great

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I know it was jokes, but if they made a GBA Micro sized device with access to the eShop and came with a nice selection of games from the GB/GBC/GBA eras, I would probably buy it. And then my n3DSxl would continue to cry in it's drawer.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    God I was just rewatching a trailer for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and just...please Nintendo. It's so good, please port it.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    God I was just rewatching a trailer for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and just...please Nintendo. It's so good, please port it.

KOWASHITAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5eVcJi4WG8

Maz- on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Just Dance for this year will see a Wii release.

It outlived its successor!

Out of curiousity I looked it up. Just Dance has released every year for the Wii, and has been the only Wii title released since 2016.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Was leaked earlier, but Ni No Kuni is coming September 20th

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Disgaea 4 is really good. Best plot/characters after the first.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

I guess that came off as way snarkier than I was really intending. I'm definitely going to get it and will almost certainly enjoy it. It's just that on the vast list of Zelda things I want to play, a bizarre looking remake of LA would be fairly close to the bottom.

To this day I dislike Wind Waker’s design. But I still bought that game and enjoyed it. Twice. So I know where you’re coming from. I feel the same way about this game. Art style is poop but it’s still a Zelda game. Maybe I’m also a little less excited about it since Link’s Awakening was only a so so Zelda to me. I never quite understood everyone’s love affair with it.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

It is some kind of bullshit that the Switch is getting the non-remaster.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »

It is some kind of bullshit that the Switch is getting the non-remaster.

I'm guessing it's the same, just 1080p/4K and 60fps

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    My love affair with it is that I was a small child that missed out on the hella upcharged first party SNES games, the n64 and the GameCube while growing up but I got to spend years in links awakening no matter what other Gameboy games we got, that one was still at the top

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

To this day I dislike Wind Waker’s design. But I still bought that game and enjoyed it. Twice. So I know where you’re coming from. I feel the same way about this game. Art style is poop but it’s still a Zelda game. Maybe I’m also a little less excited about it since Link’s Awakening was only a so so Zelda to me. I never quite understood everyone’s love affair with it.

I think part of the love is based on a very particular nostalgia - this was a full-sized game with minimal compromises, a Zelda game no less, on the Gameboy. It was kind of mind-blowing at the time how well it captured the feel of not just Zelda, but A Link to the Past specifically.

The other, more important element, I think, is that the game was weird as hell, somewhat due to the compromises necessary for the hardware. Only two buttons? They’re both assignable, so let’s create some weird situations that require odd item pairings. Can’t show much screen at once? Ok, lots of hidden entrances and exits that require popping into one part of the map and popping up in another. Can’t be a real mainline game? Ok, let’s frame it as something that allows us to have lots of talking animals and bizarre characters.

Honestly, a lot of the real weirdness in Zelda got started here. The prior games were a lot more straight faced and serious. That alone garnered a lot of love.

Edit: Basically it was Majora’s Mask before Majora’s Mask, with the added appeal of being a big technological surprise.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    This E3 has been a little meh and joyless so far, so I'm really hoping Nintendo brings it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

I actually like the cast and story of 4 and 5 better than 1, 2, or 3, personally.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I really would like La Pucelle Tactics and Makai Kingdom some day. Makai Kingdom has always been my favorite.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Disgaea 4 is really good. Best plot/characters after the first.

I'm super interested in the mechanics tweaks - if they bring over a lot of the refinements that D5 made then hot damn, yes, i'm about to loose another many hundred hours of my life

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Should I start a new thread in anticipation of the video? I'd hate to get the discussion (or YESS!!! NOOO!!! posts) caught between two threads.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Should I start a new thread in anticipation of the video? I'd hate to get the discussion (or YESS!!! NOOO!!! posts) caught between two threads.

I doubt any of us would complain if you did.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options

Might be a good idea since this one will hit 100 in no time.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Between Two Threads is the name of the next Zelda game.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

DO WHAT YOU MUST, MORTAL

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891