As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That all said, of course, today I did go to Uniqlo and spent $$ on WINTER CLOTHING so I do not FREEZE TO DEATH in America in November (Singapore has Uniqlo so in that respect it is better than anywhere suffering a Uniqlo-less life):

6xBXdgCl.jpg

Wooly skirt! Long-sleeve shirt! Slouchy Heattech sockies! (I also have a blue pair of the sockies.)
    izJxSbrl.jpg

Leggings pants! In mustard! I am happy that these colors are finally back in popularity as I am all about those fall jewel tones.

39VI6aAl.jpg

They call these 'curve pants' and they really do weirdly make me look like I have longer legs (I am very short) and also I like them a lot. Plus. This sweater. I think my mullet has eaten my fashion sense, I just want to look like a potential victim from a 70's slasher.

w5uCnlHl.jpg

So blur but new green blouse with red details

I also got new burgundy wool tights and new heattech dress socks in that sort of thin half-nylon style that's been popular for a couple of years

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Nothing to really add other than looking stylish as per LS

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Thanks Solar! I am equal parts DEEPLY CONCERNED about being cold on my trip and pretty excited for these things I seem to remember are called 'layering' and 'brisk autumn temperatures'

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I love autumn, it's my favourite season, and definitely I can appreciate how autumn fashion is something people can really enjoy dressing with. Even if you're a pretty strict t-shirt, jeans and jacket man like me

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    LS you look fantastic as always.

I love autumn too! I can start wearing my ankle length military coat again, skirts with tights etc etc

After wanting a pair of docs for fifteen years I finally bit the bullet and bought these guys:

https://www.drmartens.com/uk/en_gb/p/24067001?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwfD1jo3Q5AIVybTtCh3PQQO3EAQYAiABEgKeTfD_BwE

I love them.

• Options
    Oh my god Liiya I love those toooo. The embroidery!!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I really wish I could find that terry bogard hat they put out with the special edition of snk heroines. Without having to track down an expensive limited edition of the dumb game.

It says "fatal cutie" on it though.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @Lost Salient dunno if you'll have time, but I can dig up some Melbourne boutique and thrift recommendations if you like.

Unfortunately I tend to mostly buy clothes at consignment or factory seconds places, so I don't have too many online recs, but if I'm feeling like retail therapy but not wanting to get off the couch, my go-tos are Aritzia, free people, rag and bone, and the sale tab at Veronika Maine (though I'm a bit eh on their current season).

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Solar wrote: »
    I love autumn, it's my favourite season, and definitely I can appreciate how autumn fashion is something people can really enjoy dressing with. Even if you're a pretty strict t-shirt, jeans and jacket man like me

jacket weather is
    so pleasant

or shorts and a hoodie

mwah

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Jacket weather is great after a long hot summer
    This was not a long summer, New England. Get it together.

Signed
    Very cold

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    It's been higher than 90 all week in ohioland and I'm extremely ready for jacket weather. I'll be able to try out the quilted ash/white hoodie I bought a month ago soon!

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Jacket weather is great after a long hot summer
    This was not a long summer, New England. Get it together.

Signed
    Very cold

hm this was a long summer in nyc i feel like

who knows

also hello ive been awake all night and now its noon and i left my phone in a lyft and couldn't contact him before he drove away so hope i get it back
    and i went to urgent care because my ears hurt more than they were this week and i was worried and i have an ENT appt on weds but wanted to make sure it wasn't an emergency

it's been

a long night

(fashion related though, i do recommend going dancing wearing gym shorts)

poo
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Our winter that went on an extra 2 months than usual made the Summer feel unreasonably short, and we could definitely have used another month of it

I have tried valiantly to keep wearing summer dresses in case the weather'd catch up, but unfortunately it does not want to cooperate

I've been thinking about investing in a better Fall wardrobe since I have a million summer dresses and very little for Fall/Winter, and then I accidentally happened upon this dress and uh I guess I'm gonna order it once I find my sewer's tape

https://www.unique-vintage.com/products/folter-black-sleeved-creature-of-the-night-wiggle-dress

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah it's been mentioned but beard oil is largely to moisturize the skin under the beard.

My beard care routine is as follows: hot shower and conditioner. Post shower comb it out to remove tangles and then apply beard balm. A good balm will help with control and softness. After I've applied the balm I brush it with a boar hair brush to really work it in.

The result is a hella fluffed up beard what's soft as a cloud. Consistency helps too. I work a lot and so I don't take as much care of it as I should because I often don't go anywhere other than work. And to really be kind to yo beard takes some time.

Edit: also a good exercise routine, sleep schedule and nutrition helps with beard growth and thickness. It's not just genetics. Mine was hells of patchy as a children but once I started working out more and being careful about what I ate I noticed a pretty big improvement in overall thickness and, dare I say, luxuriousness?

Juggernut on
  • Options
    I'm used to summers that start in November, hit a near-permanent 40C by january and then just sort of linger well past the point that seems remotely reasonable. Like Easter.
    New England gets July/August and that's it.

Also to everybody in my lab who insisted, despite all available forecast evidence, that this was going to be a 'nice weekend', ha! You were so wrong, fuckers.
    Also I just rode 10km soaking wet, which has made me grumpy.

• Options
    so waaay back in august I ordered myself a cool maxi beach dress, which never turned up because ??? (got a refund eventually)
    and I was peeved because even though it's the last thing I need in new england, I had decided I really really wanted a flowing beachy summery thing and now I didn't have it.

BUT I have a sewing machine so $14 worth of fabric and 4 hours later and I finally got my dress. Just in time to not be able to wear it for the remainder of the year.

98wce8d0k53j.jpg

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    which never turned up because ???

A bear ate it.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    oh, I so hope that's true.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Sorry about your dress not showing up, but on the up side, that looks gorgeous!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I bought myself some new dress pants for the start of the new school year and I'm pretty happy with them.

I color coordinated with them with my sweaters!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Label wrote: »
    Sorry about your dress not showing up, but on the up side, that looks gorgeous!

it also cost me < 15% of the retail equivalent so really it was a blessing in disguise
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I bought myself some new dress pants for the start of the new school year and I'm pretty happy with them.

Please tell me at least one pair is purple

tynic on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Please tell me at least one pair is purple

Sadly, no...

Let me teach for three years, then once I'm past the probationary period I can start dressing like Don Cherry.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

98wce8d0k53j.jpg

heavens

• Options
    @Lost Salient dunno if you'll have time, but I can dig up some Melbourne boutique and thrift recommendations if you like.

Unfortunately I tend to mostly buy clothes at consignment or factory seconds places, so I don't have too many online recs, but if I'm feeling like retail therapy but not wanting to get off the couch, my go-tos are Aritzia, free people, rag and bone, and the sale tab at Veronika Maine (though I'm a bit eh on their current season).

Yesss pleaaase if you have Melb recs

Also that dress is fantastic. I love that style and am constantly in pursuit of a halter top dress to replace one I used to own that eventually sort of disintegrated and had to be gotten rid of

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Every now and then my hairdresser straightens my hair to get a better look at the cut, and I get a brief glimpse of my alternate career as a political wife.

2fmiulez91i8.jpg

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I was thinking you were straight out of blade runner/other futuristic sci fi may apply

• Options
    Yeah I was thinking that

80s scifi hair, looks cool

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    That mirror could go for a wipedown, though it certainly adds a realness to the picture.

“Dirty mirror” should be an instagram filter.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I was thinking it looks like the start of a warp field.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    That mirror could go for a wipedown, though it certainly adds a realness to the picture.

“Dirty mirror” should be an instagram filter.

I thought it was someone blowing bubbles in the background but sadly not

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    don't ever do that again

angry tentacular hair is best hair. that ain't a joke, i think it looks fucking amazing

• Options
    Every now and then my hairdresser straightens my hair to get a better look at the cut, and I get a brief glimpse of my alternate career as a political wife.

2fmiulez91i8.jpg

See, I don't get political wife from this.

I do however get lead singer of a 90's alternative soft rock band.

• Options
    oh, hmm.
    I could go for that.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    how much effort is it to keep curly hair straightened, anyway? a lot?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    how much effort is it to keep curly hair straightened, anyway? a lot?

Depends on how curly, and how you go about straightening it. Mine only really requires a very thorough brushed blowdry + product (but I would have to do it every morning) . With very curly hair you might have to iron it or use chemical relaxers, but those techniques also last longer.

tynic on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    The last time I had my hair straightened, the lady took about fourty five minutes of straightening and blow drying and putting in salon strength straightening goop in, and by the time I got on the train go home about fourty minutes later it had gotten back to about half its natural curl.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    online order got to me after 13 days. good news is they refunded 20% and gave me a $50 evoucher because of the delay. better news is this sherpa jacket is legit and just felt right the second i put it on:
    xdm1ZF2.jpg

bad news is that two week delay was over pretty much the last cold spell of the year, *checks the streets*, maybe ever

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Went to store opening of that brand 18 east that I really like
    Got to meet the owner
    He was v nice

He also recognized me

Which I guess is reasonable seeing as I’ve given him many of my dollars

But cool dude

poo
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    fashion get. i was there at 8 am on Saturday -- there were already people inside, and some picked-over shelves.
    561gly6v3etr.jpg
    i walked in, grabbed a purple purse, then started looking for clothes. saw a girl holding the tux (x2, among other things), asked where she'd found it, and she pointed it out and also asked if i needed a small or size 4, ("Actually.. yeah!") promptly handing me a small jacket. (i was confused why she didn't also hand me pants, but i wasn't gonna complain.) i lucked out that the pants ran large, because there was only one on the rack close to my size, and it was smaller than my usual. they do seem long in the crotch, and they are supposed to be high-waisted and.. aren't really, but i think my long torso might be the operative factor with those aspects of the fit; the beau teasingly suggested suspenders, which... :tell_me_more:
    i guess i can try to get it tailored, since i've got a little less than a month.
    gnqhtfmm91f6.jpg
    npbhbau45dw6.jpg
    kifxlpi9952t.jpg

still not 100% on wearing the tux to the wedding, i might take it for a test drive and gauge the response. ...gotta figure what shirt and shoes to wear with it, as well. but the shibori print is a good option, i think.

lfchwLd.jpg