As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BYOC List Of Common Games

Smiley_MassacreSmiley_Massacre Registered User regular
Hey everyone! I've looked at plenty of forum posts on the topic, but nothing definitive on the list of games that are commonly played at BYOC. I get that games like CS:GO, Overwatch, PUBG, and some of the newer favorites will be played there, but what about any older games like Doom, Quake, Starcraft, AoE, etc.? Any games that I should prepare my PC with before I bring it to PAX?

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I would say you have what I would say are some of the more popular games. But, as someone who does not attend I'm not sure about the older games although I feel something like Starcraft or Starcraft 2 would probably draw some interest. What I would say is before you get there make sure all games and Steam/battlenet is fully up-to-date.

• Options
    DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
    Hey guys! So I always try to assume that we are going to get the worst internet possible at East. In the next few days I'll be posting up a MEGATHREAD with most/all the info you need for BYOC. That being said, so LAN or low latency games to load up: Diablo, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Quake, Minecraft, TF2, CS

We know for sure that we'll be doing a Diablo 2 "fun run" a themed Minecraft build over the weekend. Otherwise we'll be adapting the schedule based on internet.

yx1i87m92tky.png

• Options
    GannoGanno Registered User regular
    Hi all. I'm *so* happy (you have no idea) to be returning to BYOC after a long layoff (was here in 2010 and 2012...not since even though I do come to PAX East every year).

I recently purchased a 4TB Western Digital Blue internal drive and am installing everything...and it is glorious. I highly recommend ($91 or so on Amazon Prime).

One of many thoughts regarding BYOC this year: anyone want to team up for a co-op Red Alert 3 campaign play-thru?

I'd also like to do some Apex Legends and Titanfall 2 if the bandwidth is up to it.

And Doom.

And Battlefront II.

(I have a 4 and 2 year old, so my gaming time is severely constrained at home. And now I'm looking at four straight days of mostly non-interrupted play time. You name it I'll play it :)

jaafe2a95twb.png
  • Options
    CRISPYCRISPYCRISPYCRISPYCRISPYCRISPY Registered User regular
    Funny thing: At PAX East 2010 BYOC I tried to get some people to play multi-player RA3. Nobody bit.

So I'm down for RA3 this year.

• Options
    DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
    I will have the yearly post up soon now that I have the final stamp of approval for it. That RA3 play through sounds like a good time!

yx1i87m92tky.png

• Options
    hellsgoalie hellsgoalie Registered User new member
    I will load up RA3