As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Faa-San HL specifically

Like, I know I have to have base HP of over 30,000 for that first opening hit, but beyond that, it’s a little overwhelming

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Faa-San HL specifically

Like, I know I have to have base HP of over 30,000 for that first opening hit, but beyond that, it’s a little overwhelming

Some resources:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/134xqEsHHn_g4uFi1NGIElmnbgjndFQwHqEhyAuPqBjc/edit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17DlVqIqBBYiYsBOTyzjPOi0J79fdxXDy/view
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LN_KwksoovxEauefEvhjTvW0nJCAEZvZc4UgePIOqGU/edit

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Basic how2Faa-san HL guide

Beyond lots of HP, characters that are good at Faa-San HL have

1) Dispels and Delay. These are super important, want at least 2-3 dispel on your team, and 1-2 delay.
    2) Stacking debuffs to get through his debuff resistance. This is mainly covered by Yurius in wind, though water (Lily) and some other random characters can help too.
    3) Damage! Especially CA damage, needed to clear your trial
    4) Randomly good defensive skills that let you steal turns/ignore triggers. Mirrior Image for triggers is really good, as is all ally sub (for Paradise Lost), elemental switch (lets you abuse buncle calls), and, of course, phalanx.
    5) Different races. The 25% trigger goes through your party and looks at every character who is alive, in order, including the backline. If it gets to a character that is the same race as an earlier character (MC not included), it kills them. Planning around this is very important, whether by bringing different races entirely, ensuring that your same race character gets killed off early (but not after the 75% wings trigger that starts the "only 6 total deaths" clock), or by just chilling and waiting till 10% to burst (obviously can't have everyone do this).

It's a been a bit since I've seriously tried the raid, but to my understanding the meta teams look something like this (assume all eternals are 5*, of course):

Wind: Yurius/Andira/Siete (safe version) or Yurius/Andira/Grimnir (whale primal carry). Responsible for keeping the boss debuffed with Yurius, clearing the wind 10 mil damage trial, and bursting with Siete 4 at the end. Oftentimes doesn't move from 25-10%, just ensures that Yurius has enough meter to reapply debuffs. Whale primal says fuck that and just mashes through the entire raid, surviving everything with garrison and hard carrying. Or maybe just solos cause lol wind is broken.

Water: Europa/Lily/Quatre. Insanely good survivability with water switch and Lily's heals, can mash turns for days. Sometimes can clear the 30 hits trial but it's eh. Both water evokers are also very good in this fight.

Fire: Athena/Esser/Anilla. Does the 30 hit trial and bursts for stupid damage with Esser 4. Fraux also excellent here, Alanan less so but can still be used. Tabitha is a substitute for Yurius if wind doesn't have him. Harder to carry with fire due to a lack of really good ways to steal turns without phalanx.

Earth: Okto/Alexiel/Someone Else. Last character is either Sarasa (if needed for the plain damage trial) or a defensive character like Ladiva/Medusa/Sara/honestly earth has a lot of options here. Earth traditionally has the hardest job, clearing both the overchain and paradise lost trial (and sometimes the plain damage trial too if dark/light don't have the right characters).

Light: Tons of options here. Song/Vira/Funf is a pretty straightforward and core team, but characters like Gundam Zooey, Naoise, Geisonborger, and especially Hal/Mal all work really well. Hal/Mal can clear the plain damage trial.

Dark: Grand Ferry/Valentines Clarrise/Vampy is about as core a team as you will find, does literally everything. Of these, V Clarrise is by far the most important, if you play dark you will need to let others know if you don't have her so they can adjust. Zooey is used if you need to clear paradise lost trial, and Nier is used if you are comfortable in the raid and want to flex, she is actually really busted here. Nicholas and Black Knight are solid defensive/utility options if you want them. Whale Hades can absolutely destroy this raid thanks to it's insane character selection and access to enmity + garrison, very easy to just mash turns and take barely any damage at all.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Okay, gonna bookmark this while I build up characters (a bunch there I just don’t have).

Thanks to both of you

Edit: yeah there’s just a bunch of things I need before I can even think of HL Faa-san, some of them farmable.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Oh hey, Kolulu’s backstory is basically the same as Superman’s

Just literally trashier

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ugh, I need Andira

• Options
    edited November 2019
    i5zobmeguia5.jpeg
    pmqwkj82fa3e.jpeg
    got here late, but better late than never

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    GRAND JEANNE, PLAYABLE SHITORI

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

(but seriously devs, what the fuck kind of decision is that?)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    That is bizarre, Grand Jannu out of nowhere.

Guess she can kinda be considered story relevant? She's at least one of the most main plot connected gacha characters; I also haven't played the most recent chapters so maybe she shows up there.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That is such a fucking weird one

Anyway I spent a few tickets and got Fire Sieg

Oh well!!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    been sitting on a spark, might do this for giggles since Black Knight is rate up too

pick up shiva, grimnir, or europa at the end

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's not the NM90 OTK that people out there are capable of but it still moves pretty quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f8BVAbhGMQ

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spent a few tickets, got fire Siegfried.

Cool?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    3000 free crystals in the crate so of course I lob them into the gacha machine. And tonight, I made history.

zMiC5Ih.png?1

Finally rolled Chat Noir! I've heard about this guy plaguing everyone's rolls as one of the most useless characters and kept wondering when he'd eventually show up for me. Looks like tonight was the night and it's all downhill from here.

• Options
    Saw crew member throw the 3k and get a summon and a Blutgang

Saw another crew member throw the 3k and get Shitori.

Had to try.

Got...Krugne.

=/

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    i have a fully uncapped chat noire weapon because god hates me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Char Noir was my first Water SSR I feel that pain.

• Options
    Accounts just love certain characters.

SSzdb0t.png

Dokkan lol

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    VjW4Ewwl.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    7zxklx2fymhn.png
    It's been a while, but I finally did something productive in this game again

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh hey, they added a reason for to want to bother with maxing my Prestige Pendants each month.
    70lit8mknky6.jpeg

Edit: please don’t tell me it’s been there since lucifaa HL dropped, I don’t think I could stand it.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    No that's new but it's kind of bad value. It's about as useful as buying ultima units.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    No that's a new addition with the new Proud quest.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Spectrum wrote: »
    No that's new but it's kind of bad value. It's about as useful as buying ultima units.

Damn it, you’re right. Just rechecked the other requirements for uncap, and getting those would require having good enough teams for HL faa-san anyway.

Edit: or I just need to get good at bullying Gilbert.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Also it's limited to one per month from the prestige shop and you need 10 total for the ULB uncap + key, so honestly it's probably faster to just get Blueci ready anyways.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    2nm4SRn.png

Proud sucks to fight, as usual. Definitely easier than Siegfried. I think I have better tools in Fire even for having to play high health Magna so I'm not sure if this was easier than Ninetails.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone make sure to check your time limited crate, because they just gave out a fucking ULB Celeste Claw (Lvl 200, SL 20) as one of the anime episode reward things.

Jesus christ that's nice.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
  • Options
    It’s difficult enough having to make a second unsigned kaneshige by accident, so good luck to you

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    And then you need Tetrastreamers in 3 elements...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Finally element changed my class weapon and spent a billion CP unlocking Chryasor, Kengo and Berserker.

And then hit the sudden realization that WOOPS, that like, 300 EMP you spent unlocking bullshit on Mech and Gladiator? Never getting that back because you didn’t realize EMP is SHARED not per class and the class ability unlocks cost like a billion EMP.

Guess I’m in slime hell for a bit then WHOOPS!

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    oh wow, fully upgraded 5* claw in the mail

feels weird transitioning to the point where i have more ssr fodder than sr

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Zandracon wrote: »
    oh wow, fully upgraded 5* claw in the mail

feels weird transitioning to the point where i have more ssr fodder than sr

It’s a pretty decent problem to have, to the point that I needed to open up a stash labeled Fodder just for SSR trash

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

They’re going to make grand order and bahamut a little easier to grind for, soon

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh good, magfest. I'm 6 astra away from Fraux (after badly miscounting how many more astra I needed and wasting over a month on a different route thinking I'd finished) so I might actually be able to get her today if the arcarum RNG is kind, and then I guess I need to farm bullets for soldier CCW (another thing I've been putting off forever).

7h8wnycre6vs.png