As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Slowly sparking because I’m bored at work. Got two Alexiel cards and uh

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Think I cleared some sort of luck blockage because rolled a 30, upgraded to 60, and after several pulls of nothing but dreck the SSR's started to flow again. Mostly moons but also got Silva plus the last copy of Disparia I needed to 3* uncap. I think I remember it being really good for Glorybringer sliming.

So...I'm now sitting at 170 sparks on this banner. If I do the side story stuff like I mentioned that'll be 270. Then with whatever the roulette brings me tomorrow I will either be in spitting distance of free spark or crashing right on through. Guess I should think about who to pick.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Landed on Gachapin today (the bar was nearly full ahhhhhhhhh) and got only a 10 pull out of it. That's bad!

The SSR was a 5th Ixaba. That's good!

And then we got mukku frenzy and a dark Saru moon on the first 10 pull. That's... typical? It's a free moon, at least.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I randomly pulled a Dark grand weapon... blutgang!

Neither of the ones I was hoping for, I have my Spark, and I have a choice: new hotness (Helel), old hotness (Zooey) or wild card Drang. I have time, so imma sleep on it, make the choice at work tonight.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Welp, today I got dupe Blutgang, Fallen Sword, Zooey Ribbon, and Helel Axe

GIVE ME GRIMNIR

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

GIVE ME GRIMNIR
    You got 4 Grands off Roulette today? Christ.

--

Rolled Gachapin -> 20 Rolls -> Gilgamesh #2 & Light Sara
    Proc'd Mukku -> 20 Rolls -> Mirror Blade Gold Moon

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Grands for everyone!

• Options
    It's actually comical how much effort (by which I mean whaling) I've put into dark, and now my fire is just basically at the same level because this game keeps throwing Ixabas at me out of nowhere. Still need 1 bar for the 4th FLB, and then the 5th one will be a stretch goal that might happen eventually, but even with "only" 3 Ixaba fire feels completely disgusting. 3 Ixaba, 2 Xeno Katana, RotB Katana, Cosmo Katana, Seraphic, Primal Opus, ULB Colosus Cane hits like a tank.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Stamina Fire is as weird to think about as it probably is ridiculously powerful

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I have three Ixaba, really need to work on my Fire grid

Might pick up a Crimson Finger for it at some point as well

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I wouldn't recommend picking up a crimson finger at this point, especially if you have 3 ixaba. Stamina is just better for fire, and the new F2P Agni option beats out even a 5 Crimson Finger grid.

Of course the f2p version of fire involves farming Prometheus for 4 FLB Chains and 2 FLB Prom Sticks, which is, to put it lightly, a huge fucking grind, but it is also 100% free, requiring no gacha weapons at all.

Note that Zeus (4 Hector fists) and Zephyrus (4 Morrigna Bows) can do mostly farmable primal grids as well, though the effectiveness varies. Fully farmed out Magna light beats/goes even with fully f2p Hector Zeus, but starts to lose if you add 1-2 Edens to the Hector grid. M2 Wind goes even with Morrigna Bow + 1-2 grand weapon Zephy, though the Zephy build will do much better in full auto or harder content due to the nice defensive skills it can run.

Then there is the Anubis staff and all the nonsense you can do with that (Caim/Anubis staff titan is fairly accessible, Anubis staff Hades is kinda eh cause it requires nearly the same amount of bars as a base Gisla/FS grid but is absolutely doable).

But yeah, the new Epic Weapons from the buncle raids have really opened up a lot of interesting new grid options for primal grids (except water, Varuna kinda got the short end of the stick here) beyond just stacking 4-6 grand weapons and calling it a day, as long as you are willing to commit to some fairly intensive farming.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i most certainly am NOT willing to commit to that!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Neither am I! The raids die just as fast as Magna2 did on release, so even with an excellent grid for farming blue chests you are at the mercy of ping.

I actually started casually farming Metatron anima to ULB swords, instead of subjecting myself to the Hector grind, cause that honestly sounded less annoying that trying to grab 16 Hector fists.

It's a great option for people who really, really want to play Primal but have more motivation than Gacha success ($$$) though.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    my ping is so bad i basically can only farm raids i host, gotta earn that blue chest before i open it up

but i mean i also have 5 4* lumi swords so what else could i possibly need to farm

i'm being told there are other elements

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's more to put a Crimson Finger into the grid to ease the damage loss at mid to high health totals

• Options
    It's more to put a Crimson Finger into the grid to ease the damage loss at mid to high health totals

Throwing in an enmity weapon to smooth the damage curve is alright, but depending on the fight/your characters it is actually surprisingly easy for fire to stay at high HP. Like the only fight where pure stamina feel kinda ehhhhhh is Luci HL cause of the plain damage nuke at the start.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

GIVE ME GRIMNIR

Please take the four I pulled. My Son won't stop coming home.

Also real talk, I have an important choice.

I'm level 115. I have zero Light Grand characters. Yes, that means I whiffed Lucio this spark.

I can go either Light Jeanne, or Light Vira, right now.

If I did Light Vira, it means I would have to choose between Light Jeanne, Halloween Hallenessa, or Summer Hal and Mal for the anni ticket.

OR

I could go Light Jeanne, and choose for anni ticket skipping Light Vira entirely, and choosing Summer Hal and Mal.

Right now my Light is

Amira
    Sandals or Albert or someone
    Kumbhira

My MC does not have a decent light weapon really and Cert fits the bill(I'm using the GW dagger atm).

So the real question is, is Light Vira REALLY worth a spark?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Light Jeanne is more broadly useful

Certificus is a ballet mainhand, but that's probably not worth a spark

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Light Jeanne is very good. She becomes better the more eSports your light grid is but is still excellent for general content, being able to keep up her skill 2 buff nearly 100% of the time. Amira/G.Jeanne/Pig should chew through most things in the game.

Do you have a copy of the Light Xeno Sword? Cause if so that's one of the best light MHs out there.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    putting EMP points in G.Jeanne's Triple Attack slots and no one can stop me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah I was lazy last Light Xeno and just missed getting enough copies to make a true purity sunblade.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm gonna Light Jeanne. Might as well bet on the future instead of catching up to 2017, lol.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Grand Jeanne might be the most blanket useful Light character currently

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    q9sc0fVl.pngIAUNhGql.png

That makes 3/6 solo for me

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Got Gachapin+Mukku Frenzy again today. Aletheia (Dupe) + Apollo (Smn) on 20 rolls and then 20 roll Mukku got me Lucio :D

I kinda want to spark on this banner but I'm still leaning toward getting Rat out of the way early in the year, guess it depends on the rolls tomorrow.

• Options
    Ended up picking Zooey

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I got 30 draws today. It resulted in a moon and Raphael. Now I have 3/4 of those summons with only Gabriel avoiding me. I dont plan on sparking until Rat General hits, so we'll see what else the roulette throws at me.

• Options
    Okay, that's every side story completed and cleaned out of their tickets, leaving me with 61 single tickets and another 47 pulls in crystals. If I can just nab at least 20 rolls from roulette tomorrow I can do a couple quests to make up for the remaining two pulls and actually spark.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    I got 30 draws today. It resulted in a moon and Raphael. Now I have 3/4 of those summons with only Gabriel avoiding me. I dont plan on sparking until Rat General hits, so we'll see what else the roulette throws at me.
    Er...Sariel and Metatron have been released.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Actually nevermind. I am terrible at saving single tickets so I decided I'd use a couple to even up some numbers and depressurize the desire to spin until tomorrow. Aimless and not wanting for anything, just as Granblue likes.

9o3NCval.png

That is every single Disciple and now I get to think about if I want to either spark Grand Jeanne/Shalem or save the remaining pulls for a potential Legfest spark. I shall let tomorrow's roulette result decide the path.

Madican on
  • Options
    Isn’t that just the way? You stop intensely needing the character, and the game is like “oh you don’t want this anymore? Well too bad!” And shoves them at you like a bratty child.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    unknown.png

That post made me decide to throw a few 10 rolls at this flash just because, reasoning that I'm gonna buy the new years outfits anyways so I'll still be able to spark rat.

It was worth it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    *blink*

*blink

tg3vzYnl.png

*blink*

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    20 draws today, and gacha coughed up a Zeus dupe.

• Options
    I’m not gonna look at my main untilI get home.

But if it was 2 hundo I would have a a fuckin crisis about sparking twice on flash, or sparking once on rat as well.

• Options
    I’m not gonna look at my main untilI get home.

But if it was 2 hundo I would have a a fuckin crisis about sparking twice on flash, or sparking once on rat as well.

I was intending to roll this one over to tonight instead but people keep trying to tell me to take the free spark on Flash instead and just have a minor discount on Leg.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    200 draws right before Legfest with potential to spark both banners? Damn that's good.

Got a 20 upgraded to 40 myself so screw it I'm all in to spark! And results are
    - Kou (who?)
    - Sturm (hell yeah)
    - Fallen Sword x2 for a total of 4
    - Eden x1 for a total of 3

Uh. Hmm. So I can pick between Jeanne and Shalem, Light and Dark, with STA Primal weapons on both sides, and owning both Zeus and Hades. I'm honestly at a loss here.

• Options
    I got 20, no free spark for me. Though since I sacked Shalem I'm not too upset about it, not even sure what I'd actually spark for. I guess Grand Jeanne just because?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Grand Jannu is a better character in light than Shalem is in dark, though that's mostly because dark's optimal lineups are fucking ridiculous these days.

Feels like a definite case of "go with your heart."

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

got 10 roll for roulette. I need 90 rolls to spark. So I decide I should just finish the flash spark instead of risking not hitting 90 during rat banner. Use the 10 roll and get Azazel and Grimnir. Now I'm at another pause while I rethink things again D:

Things I dont have:

Flash: Black Knight, Orchid, Ixabas (Have 2), Blue Sphere (Have 2), Vira, Olivia, Alexiel(Have summer), Zoi, Jeanne, Hallel
    Legfest: Rat, Cain, Ferry, Pholia, Monika, Noa, Katalina.

It was way easier when I didn't have Grimnir but now he came home and I just don't know again rofl.

I think the spark choice would be between: Jeanne/Hallel/Zoi/3rd Ixaba
    Legfest would be Rat/Cain/Ferry.

How likely/unlikely is 90 rolls over 3 days. I feel like this is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush situation though.

Edit: Jeanne vs Hallel for Madi. I'm inclined to say Jeanne as well but do you care for light or dark more?

Varg on
  • Options
    Gotta say it is really nice to see everyone in the thread pulling fire this roulette