As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    This, on the other hand, is less vanity.
    aD8MPGAl.pngbKjwzZUl.png

And a quick lulzy test
    https://youtu.be/8rvu0O2m_eo

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I need to step up my beak farming, cause I have hat shit luck with daily hosts.

God, monk is so much fun too.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    First cagliostro in the last big banner, now this. Has my luck changed?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's extremely funny that against leviathan malice and wamdus, the big endgame water fights, lamretta just completely negates their damage and then hits them 8 times a turn

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Oh good, I was hoping she’d be good in those

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yeah, any boss that has big multi-hit normal attacks Lamretta just blows through their normals. You'll still need a plan for their special attacks but she completely erases those turns with her S2

You also have to be a bit careful because the 50% def down when she's Wasted is no joke, but after a few attempts with her you should have a complete sense of the rhythm for her. And she's just great in FA in general for the same reason of only using her S2

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    This, on the other hand, is less vanity.
    This is the dumb shit 2 beaks lets you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=152k4ny-avg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    algovale nukes go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Okay, now to grind for levels/chalices

The rerun event will def help with that

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    JHKTdXYl.png

where my hydro homies at

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdjwOe_T8A

The new water Zeta has the coolest CA animation in the game, by far.

Also, she is completely fucking busted as a character, holy shit. Turn 1 assassin, 100% TA and passive cap up, 100% echoes(!!!!!) that have full uptime if you can ougi every 4 turns, jesus christ what a character.

If she was in pretty much any other element I would call her the best attacker in the game, straight up, but Water still needs a very specific grid and setup to take full advantage of her (Varuna crit grid is basically mandatory).

Still though, water finally got something good! And she's ticketable even!

Edit:

Case in point. 99% sure this is a water Sky Piercer grid, but you get the idea.

138.7 million damage in two turns, water GW is going to be dumb as hell.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    It was so fucking funny to see everyone immediately go UGH ANOTHER BANNER AND NO WATER GRAND, TRASH CHARACTER, WATER GETS NOTHING GOOD while everyone who could read skills went "shut the fuck up"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    New event is pretty good so far. Then again the Society events usually are. Even comes with a free Tier 4 Class for doing all of it, though I absolutely hate the female design of the class as usual.

• Options
    Best part of the new event is easily
    "It'll take more than one head to quell my wrath"

Ilsa is the best

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    One more down

Also, fully upgraded a thing
    swrljbezd1mq.jpeg

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    So, neat thing I just noticed n Replicard Sandbox, these little guys boosts stack, up to 200% exp/rp
    jnpr7shxjvf5.jpeg

hy29f0n0zltu.jpeg
    The time limit keeps going up, though

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021

He's coming...

Highlights of this years salt festival include the usual stream rewards, random content/QoL updates (we will soon be able to uncap multiple stars at once! progress!), 5* Primal Summons (oh god...), new character reveals (Water Isaac, Earth Beatrix, and swimsuit versions of both Andira and Kumbhira), and, most importantly, the return of the roulette.

Roulette starts on the 10th, usual rules with some minor twists (no mention of RPS this time, though you can get a double mukku frenzy), and two separate days that will have a guarantee 100 roll for everyone, both on 6% banners! The first, on 3/19, will be during Flash Gala, and the second, on 3/30, will be during legfest. Note that this month's flash gala is split across two banners, from the 16th-18th will be rate up on the new characters, and from the 19th-21st will be a generic flash gala with no special rate ups besides the usual flash gala premium SSR rate. You won't be able to carry a spark across banners, but you should be able to carry free rolls (assuming banner doesn't change right at daily reset, which would be kinda weird). Also, the end of the month legfest will feature every Zodiac besides Vikala.

Good luck everyone!

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Oh, that’s a nice birthday gift for me

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Bobo.... bo?

• Options
    No RPS but chances for double mukku AND 100 rolls guaranteed TWICE on 6% banners? That's a hell of an upgrade and I'm all here for it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    RPS was always just fucking infuriating anyway, speaking as someone who lost more often than I won

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Very happy for the two guaranteed 100s since I typically roll pretty average without hitting 100/200. I will definitely spark twice and potentially a third on the new character flash (since we also get 4-5 roulette days on that as well). Plan is Dark Angel Olivia/Black Knight and Pholia since her bow is getting an upgrade along with Europa's spear.

There will be the usual Anni Tix and there will also be a 2019/2020 Holiday Scamcha which from a quick count would be a 50/50 chance on hitting something new. . . I might chance it. I'd very much like to get Summer Lucio and Valentine Grimnir but one anni tix means I actually have to slightly agonize over the choice this year.

Edit: I don't mind RPS at all even if I wasn't rolling lucky but that is mostly cause the rolls are determined before you spin the wheel and play RPS with Gachapin so none of the window dressing really matters.

Varg on
  • Options
    Oh shit the real prize is also returning: Scratchers!

• Options
    Note that the scratcher also guarantees at least 1 "rare" item for each player by the last day.

Now, what they consider a "rare" item is, I guess, up for debate, but hopefully it means grand series/unticketable summon/gold brick/siero tix tier.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    Note that the scratcher also guarantees at least 1 "rare" item for each player by the last day.

Now, what they consider a "rare" item is, I guess, up for debate, but hopefully it means grand series/unticketable summon/gold brick/siero tix tier.

Much like last year, it means you're guaranteed at least one limited weapon/summon

Last year I got my fifth Eden :/

• Options
    Finished up the second part of the Society story.
    Dang, Ellis and Juana seemed like they'd be pretty big deals but then they literally got dropped in the grinder shortly after meeting them. Granted they kinda needed to be considering Ellis had literal clairvoyance and Juana was Kirby.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Shamelessly copy/pasting/updating my old post talking about last year's anitix

So, let's talk about the ani tix. Like last year, this special surprise ticket costs around $25-30 (or whatever 3k moba coins comes out to in your local currency) and lets you pick a character of your choosing. Unlike normal suptix, these allow you to select limited characters that you can normally only get through sparking (or just plain gacha luck, of course). For this years ani tix you can select a grand unit that was released in the year 2019 or earlier, or a seasonal/holiday unit that was released in 2020 or earlier. Note that Zodiac characters cannot be selected with this ticket, even though they are usually available only during Legfest banners (this was not, to my knowledge, specifically mentioned during the stream, but it has been true of every anitix released so far). For those that don't want to check the wiki, the following limited characters are NOT available with this suptix: Rei, Mugen, Rheinhardtzar, Leona, Golden Knight, Grand Sandalphon, Grand Cagliostro, Anila, Andira, Mahira, Vajra, Kumbhira, Vikala, and Catura.

First things first: unless you are absolutely sure you are picking a valentines character, wait to use this ticket till after the free rolls are over. We technically don't know exactly when the ticket will expire yet, but it usually lasts through the entire free roll period. Also note that there will be two scam gachas released during the free roll period, one for 2019-2020 seasonal characters, and one on the 29th for Legfest Grands/Zodiacs (all zodiacs will be available in this scamcha besides Vikala). If you are unfamilar with the term scamcha, they are what the game calls "star premium tickets" and are basically just "pay 30 bucks to get a random SSR out of a specific pool of SSRs." Depending on the pool these can either be very worth it or a complete trap, but the important thing to note is that they do not guarantee a new character (moons are always a possibility). These two scamchas feature unusually strong pools that overlap with popular anitix targets, so if you are planning to buy them along with the anitix, make sure you do the scamcha first.

As for the anitix itself, most people will generally recommend that you use this ticket on a seasonal character rather than a grand character, because you have more chances to randomly roll a Grand from free rolls and you can spark them more often. Seasonal characters, on the other hand, can be out of your reach for up to a year if you don't MVP your luck or have a spark ready when they appear. While it is true that seasonal characters are much more limited than the Grand Series, picking a Grand character (or weapon) is perfectly fine if 1) you want multiple grand characters that are on different banners, so there is less chance of you rolling an unwanted dupe 2) you need multiple copies of that characters weapon because you want to invest in a primal grid or 3) you just really, really want/need that character and cannot or do not want to wait. While I would like to say that it is fine to pick a grand character (and you definitely should if that's the character you really, really want), the truth is that over the past two years Cygames has released some obscenely powercrept seasonal limiteds (Summer Mimlemel and Xmas Naru are the standouts here). While no content in the game is truly character locked (high end gold brick raid farming is the exception to this rule), there are certain characters that can make your granblue life way, way easier, depending on what exactly you want to do.

So, once again, here is a rundown of what you probably should be considering in each ele. There will be an emphasis on seasonal characters released this year, but some other options will be touched on (to save you some time, pick Summer Mimlemel).
    Fire: Summer Mimlemel. The harbinger of despair herself, I fully expect Summer Toot to be the most popular anitix choice by far, because she is utterly, completely broken. On demand strike time is stupidly powerful, and fire abuses it better than any other element due to Alanaan skill 2 and access to Shiva call turn 1 without loosing a support summon. She's amazing in every aspect of the game, works in both magna and primal grids, and is a huge QOL buff for racing, OTK setups, and even FA. Will be 100% core for the next fire Unite and Fight. If you play fire at all seriously she is basically a requirement, to the point where you have to start coming up with convulted reasons not to anitix her. For myself, this is who I am going to pick unless I sack her from free rolls, she is just too absurd.

Other considerations: Uh... Ixaba if you already have every broken seasonal and need more for you Agni grid? Nothing else in fire really stands out, especially in comparison to Toot.

Water: A few interesting choices here. First is Summer Lucio, if you are an invested Varuna player who want to race short content/enable a strong auto based echo spam playstlye. Water is, as always, in a weird spot. Summer Lucio is a powerful character but to really take advantage of him you need 1) a fairly invested Varuna crit grid, and 2) assassin characters to take advantage of his buffs, which in water means 5*/6* Uno and the just released Water Zeta. Without those two, and without a strong Varuna grid, it is hard to recommend ticketing him. Magna water has such a different playstyle than primal (much more focused on ougis, it is hard to do anything with auto attacks against high def with magna water), and Lucio is only passably ok in an ougi based playstyle. If you are invested in Varuna, however, and have spent the past few years grumbling about how other eles get all the cool racing toys, then Lucio is your pick.

Next is Summer Kolulu. A powerful attacker in her own right (self enmity buff, echoes, supplemental damage, and a very big skill nuke), where she really shines her synergy with Maria Theresa, giving you an on demand teamwide 50% attack/200%(!) defense buff. This gives you a truly stupid amount of survivability for tough fights, though the uptime is poor without giving up summon slots for Qilin. Summer Kolulu also provides crest support, providing synergy with characters like Summer Cagliostro. While not as racing oriented as Lucio, Kolulu will most likely be a good slot for higher end nightmare fights in the upcoming water GW, and works equally well for both magna and primal grids.

Speaking of which, Summer Cagliostro still exists. Hard to recommend over either of the new water seasonals, but she is still a very solid buffer and team enabler.

Other considerations: Pholia's bow and Europa's staff are getting buffs, which makes varuna a bit less sad as an investment as before. Mostly it seems to mean that everyone has given up on waiting for a theoretical new water grand to "save" water, and instead fully embraced crit memes. I would wait for the exact numbers for both the new weaponskills and the ULB primal update on the 22nd before I would consider either of these.

Earth: While earth didn't get any new seasonals this year, it's 2019 seasonals are still just as strong as ever. Xmas Narmaya is the most powerful of the bunch, absolutely destroying any short fight with her absurd burst damage. Mainstay in earth lucha comps and I don't see that ever changing. If you want to get in, blow something up, and then get out again, Xmas Naru is the way to go. Core character in earth, absolutely a high priority choice.

Halloween Vaseraga/Zeta is the sustained DPS version of Naru. While sustained damage is usually less important than burst damage, and so for much of last year Vazeta was regulated to being "the best character to run alongside Xmas Naru in lucha setups," the combination of Grand Sandalphon plus the Bahamut HL changes have introduced a very solid niche where sustained DPS can really shine. A team of Chicken/Grandalphon/H.Vazeta is probably the fastest possible way to consistently blue chest Bahamut HL, which ends up being just about equal to blue chesting Akasha if you are hunting for gold bars (but much less competitive/ping dependent). Outshined by Naru in just about every other context, but if you already have Naru and want the other busted earth attacker, here you go.

Then there is Summer Alexiel. The queen of hard content, cooler Alexiel is a defensive powerhouse, letting earth completely ignore mechanics that are otherwise crippling. Besides being excellent in fights such as Faa HL/Bubs/Violet Knight, she is also a great full auto character for things like NM150, Wamdus, random proud+ fights, pretty much any difficult water fight gets trivialized by her. The problem with ticketing her is that she is much more replaceable than either of the two attacking focused seasonals. While you can make up for not having Alexiel in difficult solo fights by just playing more careful (or just throwing yellow elixirs at NM150), it is much harder to make up for damage. Still, she is a respectable choice, and no one that cares about earth should feel bad about ticketing her.

Other considerations: Hard to really recommend anything else in earth. Cain if you really want to go Titan and have shit luck in legfest? Even then, I would consider all 3 seasonal characters more of a priority.

Wind: Valentines Grimnir was already good, then he got Ewiyar's Beak and the new cow Zodiac and he became absurd. He abuses echo and supplemental damage better than pretty much anyone else in the game, and has excellent synergy with all the new toys that wind has gotten in the past year. If you want to do stupid amounts of damage in wind, pick V.Grim (and then farm 2 beaks and spark Catura).

Other considerations: No

Light: Halloween Hallessenna if you are a Zeus whale who wants to go even further beyond. H.Halle skill 3 (the only one you care about) gives everyone on your team 100k supplemental damage for two turns, making the already dumb zeus lucha burst setup even more dumb. You absolutely need to be fully invested in Zeus to take advantage of her though (4+ edens, Grand Jeanne, FLB thor), so stay away if you aren't a light lord. If you do happen to be a light lord though, uh, have fun?

Other considerations: For aspiring light lords who somehow doesn't have Grand Jeanne yet, I understand the temptation. She is a respectable choice, and definitely defines light's dominant playstyle (for primal at least, much harder to take advantage of her in Magna, though she can work), but I would again caution you against passing up on one of the more limited seasonal characters. Completely understandable pick if you just can't wait to save a spark for her though.

Dark: None! Holy shit, that's kinda unexpected? The fun thing about dark is that, besides Summer Zooey, all of it's best characters are either free (Seox, Nier) or non limited (Predator). What a privleaged ele! Of course, if you are a new player, or maybe an old player who has yet to be blessed by Summer Zooey, remember that she is always waiting. She's sparkable once a month so it is hard to recommend using this ticket on her, but I mean, it is Zooey. Nearly 5 years from her release and she's still on top.

Ok, tl;dr: Pick Summer Mimlemel if you don't have her and don't sack her from free rolls/scamcha. If you convince yourself not to pick Summer Toot, then strongly consider Xmas Naru, she is nearly as absurd. Besides those two, I would highly recommend picking a seasonal character, cause cygames has apparently decided that they are fine with powercreep if it is wearing a swimsuit. Zooey-chan kawaii.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Probably going to grab V.Grim, myself, though S.Lucio is tempting for future water weirdness.

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    As much as I would like to pick up S.Lucio, summer characters are around a lot more than other holiday characters. I'm thinking of getting Halloween Rosetta to pair with Summer Europa or picking up one of the Xmas characters (Lily or the only SSR Mirin maybe.)

• Options
    I think I'll not get the ticket this year. Already have most of the standouts and while V.Grim is somewhat tempting I don't want to make a Primal grid for that element. Also already have regular Grim.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Madican wrote: »
    I think I'll not get the ticket this year. Already have most of the standouts and while V.Grim is somewhat tempting I don't want to make a Primal grid for that element. Also already have regular Grim.

Absolutely do not take this as an endorsement to spend money, but V.Grim doesn't really want a primal grid. Wind is the only ele in which its magna grid outperforms its primal grid in 99% of all situations (the 1% is if you want to spend multiple suptix + bars to be a much worse version of primal dark in Faa HL, which isn't really worth it since magna wind does perfectly fine in that raid). I doubt ULB primals will change things too much either, since wind's biggest issue is it just doesn't have the weapons.

For anyone curious, this is a really nice guide for how you should be looking to build magna wind these days. Mostly focused on the high end m2 builds with 2 Grimnir Harps + 1 Spoon as a base, and has suggested team comps + grids for most of the important endgame raids.

Edit: also, oh god roulette has started. Remember that, for this day only, the free rolls will not expire at daily reset, so you can carry them over to the next draw banner.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    My List right now is basically S.HalMal, V.Grim, H.VaZeta

• Options
    Also S.Lucio is just Merlin

• Options
    Nothing too special for the opening day here with a 10 pull I'll hold on to for banner change. Four scratchers got me five rings and a dama crystal.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    If I do the anniversary ticket, I will likely just get the Darkness Rave Primal, if possible

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    If I do the anniversary ticket, I will likely just get the Darkness Rave Primal, if possible

Well, her or summer Alexiel.

Having bought the ticket, I’ll try to wait until the end of the period to use it, but it will be difficult.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    So, there’s a thing now, missions, that has some rewards y’all might be interested in:
    Click here
    ad3ghw0nbepd.jpeg
    Do the tutorial and it’ll fill in the things you’ve already done as such
    9llg7ysmofva.jpeg

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Ok, tl;dr: Pick Summer Mimlemel if you don't have her and don't sack her from free rolls/scamcha. If you convince yourself not to pick Summer Toot, then strongly consider Xmas Naru, she is nearly as absurd. Besides those two, I would highly recommend picking a seasonal character, cause cygames has apparently decided that they are fine with powercreep if it is wearing a swimsuit. Zooey-chan kawaii.
    I got Summer Mim from the Star Premium because I'm a lucky son of a bitch

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Moneybags Stilts over here

liEt3nH.png