As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I’ll be more impressed by people with the Record Keeper accolade for doing 150 record dungeons.

what? how? that's....a lot of battles!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    They add up over time. There’s 155 unique dungeons in Prelude, and we are partway into the Canon chapter now.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Decided I needed some more Ark for inheritance. Couldn't figure out how to make my saved team work. So I put in my Deathgaze team, and with only minor adjustments to the loadout I got it on the first try, and sub 30 after some practice.

That really tells you how goofy both of those fights are.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did my first torment dungeons yesterday. I cleared out the FFT 260 and 280 pretty easily.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Y'know, now that I've randomly lucked into Tifa Awakening, it doesn't really make sense to plan on concentrating a large number of pulls on the Yuffie banner anymore. So...

1/11 - Lightning USB3
    Could be worse.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Decided I needed some more Ark for inheritance. Couldn't figure out how to make my saved team work. So I put in my Deathgaze team, and with only minor adjustments to the loadout I got it on the first try, and sub 30 after some practice.

That really tells you how goofy both of those fights are.

I haven't done Ark yet, so good to know I have a good fallback strategy if Rem BSB and Raines BSB don't cut it.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Daily hit Kain lancet unique. One hit drains. I’m curious if the modifier is as good as leaping leech. My guess is no as this is a very early SB

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Partial Choco shop restock today, don't forget to grab your mythril/stamina potions/whatever.

• Options
    Japan's XI event has Lion going full water thief.

AASB grants en-water and water imperil, with a chase every 3 that does minor imperil and boosts her water damage. Also an AOSB, a new USB2 (0CT water/me, en-water, water radiant shield, party hqc physical 2), a Glint with water empower/self crit 100% for 2 turns, and a Glint+ that does water empower and drops an Overstrike.

Free, 0CT overstrike. Yeah, ok.

Also along for the ride is Zeid and Curilla new stuff.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Maybe its because they know a lot of us don't have great FFI stuff but this FFI banner is *terrible* 3 awakenings down to 1. If they put his old holy chain I might pull, but nope its a realm chain. All on Warrior of Light of course.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Give me a Matoya Awakening you cowards.

• Options
    Would you settle for her old USB?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Hey that's a pretty great USB and she has a good legend dive. She earned her spot in my Ice Team (tm).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Would you settle for her old USB?

I have done. Very nice vs Typhon.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Okay okay, roll like crazy on banner 2 then!

Ice weak dark odin is interesting. Doesn't really do much damage aside from comedy wrong element attacks, everything pierces. I just don't do enough damage with just Bartz & Terra I wonder if Rydia would do more damage then Terra. Terra can use her AOSB at the very end, Rydia could use her OSB multiple times. Rydia AASB gives a magic buff, but Terra AASB gives trance which gives a magic buff. HMMM.

I've got
    Laguna LS/Ice Offering Machinist+
    Terra Wrath/Tritoch Ice+
    Bartz LS/Snowspell weakness+
    Tyro Wrath Entrust MM
    Elarra BSB USB1 USB2 DMT

Mateus Wind10 Def15
    Manticore Ice15 Ice15
    Madeen Atk20 Atk20
    Madeen ♥8♥8
    Phoenix Spell8 Blade8

Maybe give Tyro some kind of crappy ice damage instead of wrath?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Give me a Matoya Awakening you cowards.
    Warrior of Light and Garland awakening

Then
    Matoya and Master awakenings

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    To be fair, if you need torment help, banner 1 is real damn good. Realm chains pretty much solve torments by themselves if you have anything else at all going on. Meia stuff is very good for not having an awakening. Sarah's new ultra is perfectly fine, and you're probably going to be using at least one of WoL/Garland if not both.

For non-torment use, yeah it kinda sucks since as you said it's only one awakening and FF1 is not focused enough for the realm chain to be useful, although if you happened to hit WoL Awakening and USB3 (and optionally Glint+) he would be pretty darn good for holy teams. And Party Holy Boost 1 or Dark Boost 1 (stacking with repeated casts) isn't an awful offense boost to be tacked on to a medica.

I won't be drawing here though. I haven't anywhere near enough mythril to throw away that casually. I'm at least glad this stuff will be going into the FF1 pool to make the Luck of the Realms on Parade draw a bit more attractive.

Fry on
  • Options
    Gah. I’m counting days until I can pull again. That can’t be a healthy way to interact with this game.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    tbh, I always feel bad when I'm pulling for a Torment. It's just like Realm Artifacts. It feels so weird getting just one relic for one dungeon. At least when I'm focusing on going for element artifacts/sbs I know I'll be able to use them in multiple fights. Like, for instance, Quistis USB. It feels like it's just tailormade for getting that FF8 Torment fight with not much use elsewhere.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Not much use elsewhere? It’s a stacking ATK/MAG boost on a character who can use it instantly with a legend dive, carry Shellga and black magic, and has Wrath access to potentially use it to set up without Mako Might. It’s a very nice generic party buff that I would say has strong uses in content up through Magicite.

Kinda like Gogo’s Bubsy. It’s very strong as a Torment tool, but it’s genetically useful in just about anything.

• Options
    Hmm Can't give Tyro a non support ability or he can't charge crit boost. Any thoughts?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Hmm Can't give Tyro a non support ability or he can't charge crit boost. Any thoughts?

Wrath/Entrust is always a strong combo. Give Elarra or Laguna extra meter whilst building that crit-rate buff.

• Options
    edited August 2019

Hone that Quad Foul, dawg

edit: serious answers
    Rydia has better doublecast chance than Terra (especially if you don't have Terra's doublecast LMR) Consider RM doublecast summon rather than +dmg depending on how much damage you are doing with Tritoch

Squeeze a dispel in there somewhere for haste (probably on Elarra). That version of Odin actually has non-uber speed, so haste is relevant, particularly since he gets faster cast times as rage builds up

if you feel like Odin isn't doing that much damage, consider dropping Tyro for more ice damage. Think you mentioned you had Eight USB, right?

something like this might be an idea. Sub in your Rydia awakening for this redditor's Squall. Healers would have to be tweaked, particularly since Rydia will be hogging the Tritoch (more ice summons when?).

Fry on
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I have now. No one really needs extra meter though. Nothing much to do with it.
    Okay okay, roll like crazy on banner 2 then!

Ice weak dark odin is interesting. Doesn't really do much damage aside from comedy wrong element attacks, everything pierces. I just don't do enough damage with just Bartz & Terra I wonder if Rydia would do more damage then Terra. Terra can use her AOSB at the very end, Rydia could use her OSB multiple times. Rydia AASB gives a magic buff, but Terra AASB gives trance which gives a magic buff. HMMM.

I've got
    Laguna LS/Ice Offering Machinist+ CSSB
    Terra Wrath/Tritoch Ice+ BSB2 AOSB AASB LMR
    Bartz LS/Snowspell weakness+ LMR1 Glint AASB
    Tyro Wrath Entrust MM USB4 AASB
    Elarra BSB USB1 USB2 DMT

Mateus Wind10 Def15
    Manticore Ice15 Ice15
    Madeen Atk20 Atk20
    Madeen ♥8♥8
    Phoenix Spell8 Blade8

Maybe give Tyro some kind of crappy ice damage instead of wrath?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Then perhaps he can use Wrath or Full Break until the USB reaches maximum crit, and then spam Freezing Snipe or Hailstorm to build meter in between using Full Break to keep the crit buff active. Not using Wrath would let him keep the ATK buff from Laguna’s chain.

• Options
    Then perhaps he can use Wrath or Full Break until the USB reaches maximum crit, and then spam Freezing Snipe or Hailstorm to build meter in between using Full Break to keep the crit buff active. Not using Wrath would let him keep the ATK buff from Laguna’s chain.

Wrath/Full Break + (ice damage) means Tyro's not going to be Entrusting.

BUT you could go full comedy and have Tyro spend all that meter on Healing Grimoire, maybe even dump Elarra?!

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

Wrath/Full Break + (ice damage) means Tyro's not going to be Entrusting.

BUT you could go full comedy and have Tyro spend all that meter on Healing Grimoire, maybe even dump Elarra?!

He did say that nobody needs the extra meter, so I’m going with that; replace Entrust with a tad more ice damage, after the crit buff is established.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Maybe its just a matter of keeping imperil up or not using AASB so early but I don't seem to have the gas for all powers awaken mode. Terra's AASB is 12k a hit, bartz OSB is only 20k. Didn't get a chance to send tyro AASB in lol. Bartz is capping everything all the time so he's not my issue. Laguna is too until skill slash leaves him with just lifesiphon. He just has too much life. I guess I could make Lunar Shiva and then swap to Rydia for the extra hit.

edit: No tyro isn't going to keep people alive through Elemental Drive in part 3.

Source: Elarra couldn't keep people alive through Elemental Drive in part 3.

Hmm Maybe Aeris/th or Relm would be better here? Couldn't use allegro con moto though so less casts from Terra. Assuming Allegro is doing anything ontop of her trance. Maybe try Bartz/Laguna with doublecast RM instead of +damage?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    How badly did Elarra fail to keep people healed? Would occasional assistance from Healing Grimoire or (if you have it) Warder’s Apocrypha have kept you on your feet?

Alternatively, Tyro can carry Allegro Con Moto if you need to drop Elarra.

• Options
    I wouldn't use ACM if Terra is tranced and she's the only mage on the team. Maybe make 6* Shiva and have Elarra use Valigarmanda?

• Options
    edited August 2019
    other than Valigarmanda, there is no ice summon above 3* for at least the next six months, JP doesn't even have one yet.

edit to respond to post below: they did eventually get Dark Ixion to cover lightning damage

Fry on
  • Options
    Give use Lunar Ramuh and Lunar Shiva, you jerks.

• Options
    Not much use elsewhere? It’s a stacking ATK/MAG boost on a character who can use it instantly with a legend dive, carry Shellga and black magic, and has Wrath access to potentially use it to set up without Mako Might. It’s a very nice generic party buff that I would say has strong uses in content up through Magicite.

Kinda like Gogo’s Bubsy. It’s very strong as a Torment tool, but it’s genetically useful in just about anything.

Yeah but in my case her spot in my teams is already filled by characters like Tyro, OK, Mog and Edward. So in my specific case, I just don't see me using her outside FF8's torment.

• Options
    Oh. Oops. I'm not sure why I thought there was a Lunar Shiva. Kinda unfair to make her lunar soulmate but not her right?
    How badly did Elarra fail to keep people healed? Would occasional assistance from Healing Grimoire or (if you have it) Warder’s Apocrypha have kept you on your feet?

Alternatively, Tyro can carry Allegro Con Moto if you need to drop Elarra.

I mean its full hp to>half>last stand>dead before she could get the turn in. I think I managed to waste a bar right before phase 3 though so maybe not her fault. Either way we did not have the damage to stop from getting run over by Zantatehteuteasfuiashk 3.

This is weird. 2 damage dealers was more than enough for Wind Weak. I guess Zidane>Terra. I suppose that's not fair since both my DPS are off elementing here. Maybe give Elarra mage song and give terra 100 ice magia so her and Bartz can be better friends.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Today's daily hit: no SB Thunder Rod (IV), with +lightning. Much wow, so sarcasm.

Next week should be the one year mark for the improved daily relic rates. How has your luck fared?

Some of my stats (yes, I am a total nerd and kept track)

Total relics: 52
    Hit rate: 14%
    Dupes: 17
    Time until first hit: 32 days
    Best month: March 2019 (8 hits)

Far more dupes and no SB/shared SBs than I would like, but hey it's light years better than the old rates!

• Options
    Hmmm, shit I have not kept track. I know I've gotten at least 3 USBs.

• Options
    I've had crazy good luck. I don't remember how many I got, but the hits have included Palom USB Balthier OSB, Fang OSB, Penelo USB1, and Zidane AOSB.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, my luck has been overall pretty solid, I think. Just streak-y as hell, like where I'd hit 4 times in 5 days with 2 discoes, then have a month and a half with nothing.

• Options
    I still remember vaguely that week where I got 6 hits in a row, each less useful than the last.

• Options
    I recall some sort of insanity brought on by not getting any hits for a month or so.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

This discussion has been closed.