As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: Seven times the epicness for all your mobile JRPG gacha needs.

TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
uc8dezc3775y.png

Epic 7 is a pretty 2d JRPG/Gacha game from Smilegate.

You play as Ras, the heir of the covenant, a being created by the goddess to help safeguard the planet Orbis from the Arch Demon. Each time the Arch Demon appears, Ras awakens to help save the day, but the last time the Arch Demon appeared, he did not awake, so the country of Ezra had to pull itself together and fought a long war, which they won, to seal him away. This, however, left a lot of people both disillusioned with the Heir, and caused people to question the goddess. Our story begins with Ras awakening to find out the Arch Demon was defeated 20 years ago.

What type of game is this?

Epic 7 plays like a side scrolling JRPG. You have a team of 4 units, each with 3 abilities (or 2 abilities and a passive). Turn based battles, elemental affinities, status ailments, buffs, debuffs, etc. (do note that buffs/debuffs etc. are very important in this game. DO NOT NEGLECT THEM)

5n23ayfikrpz.png

It's a gacha right? Pay to win? Nope

Epic 7's pretty good about free to play. It has a built in reroll mechanism (you get to choose the best of 30 10 pulls early on so you can get a good starting set of characters/artifacts), and this is definitely a game where it's not 5 star super rare units or bust. Some of the best units are 3 or 4 stars (the best healers are 4 stars, and best tank is a 3 star).

So what content is there?

Well, we got Adventure mode, where you learn the story of the world (not a bad story, and the world building is pretty interesting). This is the best exp/energy mode.

We have Hunt, where you select to go after a Wyvern, Golem, Banshee, or Azimanaks (big bugs). Each enemy has its own gimmick that requires you to build your team composition around it. This is where a lot of high level gear comes from.

We have Labyrinths/Raid, which are dungeon crawls. Best place for accessories, and the hardest content is here (and in the abyss).

We have the Abyss, which is a tower of battles. Some real good gear comes from here. Lots of gimmick fights, and lots of high health bosses.

We also have the Arena for PvP fighting, and Guild wars for that too.

We got a lot of stuff is what I'm saying.

Any tips?

Once you're building teams at Level50/60, the speed stat's real important. You want to aim for critical hit rates over 50% for most DPS units.

Team composition is important. Try to have someone to take hits, someone to heal, someone to deal damage, and someone to do defense down. Obviously other buffs/debuffs are really useful, but you want to be able to do those 4 with any composition for real success.

So come on by, and try your luck!

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
FFXIV: Tchel Fay
Nintendo ID: Tortalius
Steam: Tortalius
Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    With the engine they use there is almost no loading. It has definitely spoiled me.

• Options
    Adellios wrote: »
    With the engine they use there is almost no loading. It has definitely spoiled me.

Yea. The load times are literally 0 in my experience. It is the smoothest game I've played in a long long time.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh this is here too!

Hilariously, this gatcha game is one of the last bastions of hand drawn sprite work and it is gorgeous.

• Options
    I put it in both.

The art is real good.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular

I don't think I ever would have taken a break from Record Keeper if just logging in to do daily missions wasn't a ten minute slog through loading fifteen menus to run three dungeons. This game is so refreshing.

Promoting fodder needs to be streamlined but everything else is A+

• Options
    Frosteey wrote: »

I don't think I ever would have taken a break from Record Keeper if just logging in to do daily missions wasn't a ten minute slog through loading fifteen menus to run three dungeons. This game is so refreshing.

Promoting fodder needs to be streamlined but everything else is A+

Yea. I wish I could do them in bunches. It's annoying that way.

• Options
    I can do Wyvern 11 auto with a fodder now so I should have a nice pair of speed boots by the end of the year. That's pretty exciting.

The runs are always on the cusp of failure and I almost never break the shield but Tambourine too OP

• Options
    I can do Wyvern 11 auto with a fodder now so I should have a nice pair of speed boots by the end of the year. That's pretty exciting.

The runs are always on the cusp of failure and I almost never break the shield but Tambourine too OP

What comp are you using?

I can't auto with mine because Angelica will just use her S3 whenever it's up, but i can clear it at no risk at least.

I'm trying to gear up a few more guys and figure out my next 6 star.

I really need to figure out what composition and gear level I need to take out the hell raid and Abyss 81+. Any ideas?

• Options
    I have standard Luna in 85 Abyss gear and the event crit damage necklace with pegasus boots or something, +28 Joker. Krau tanking with Aurius. Tambourine with Rod healing.

I was going to do a bunch of shuffling. Promote Angelica and give her Idol's Cheer, swap Luna to Attack% boots. But with the current setup Krau never quite dies despite dropping low constantly and Timtam barely survives the Wyvern's shield drop attack even if it crits. So instead of trying to consistently break the shield I'm just not going to fiddle with this mess that is working now.

The only advice I've seen for Abyss is to use Kiris when poison works, and use Lidica.

Hell Raid is close to beatable just using all the free gear sets depending on what you have I think. Lidica and Tamarama are both really good. I think I'd be struggling less (struggling here is one failed attempt getting to 30%) with Devourer if I had Angelica built since the damage window is so tight and you have to prevent the healing. I haven't tried Executioner yet but I think that will be less bad as long as Destina can still tank the damage.

The biggest upgrades I want before seriously tackling hell raid again are a good speed set for my healer and potion vial. Right now my front line is basically just stunned or otherwise disabled for the majority of either fight. I think I'm really close to a nice speed set once I can upgrade the new necklace but I'm being bottlenecked by a complete lack of speed stat boots.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    God help me I downloaded this and did the prologue and may've missed an option for subtitles on cutscenes but hey, it's not like it isn't easy enough to figure out so far, shit went down you got wrecked, time/world skip, voila.

I have not done anything yet except the prologue and will strive to go as f2p here as I can.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    God help me I downloaded this and did the prologue and may've missed an option for subtitles on cutscenes but hey, it's not like it isn't easy enough to figure out so far, shit went down you got wrecked, time/world skip, voila.

I have not done anything yet except the prologue and will strive to go as f2p here as I can.

Yea the first CS I think has like no subs or voices or something. It's weird.

Don't worry about it. The English VA for the character dialogue is solid enough .
    I have standard Luna in 85 Abyss gear and the event crit damage necklace with pegasus boots or something, +28 Joker. Krau tanking with Aurius. Tambourine with Rod healing.

I was going to do a bunch of shuffling. Promote Angelica and give her Idol's Cheer, swap Luna to Attack% boots. But with the current setup Krau never quite dies despite dropping low constantly and Timtam barely survives the Wyvern's shield drop attack even if it crits. So instead of trying to consistently break the shield I'm just not going to fiddle with this mess that is working now.

The only advice I've seen for Abyss is to use Kiris when poison works, and use Lidica.

Hell Raid is close to beatable just using all the free gear sets depending on what you have I think. Lidica and Tamarama are both really good. I think I'd be struggling less (struggling here is one failed attempt getting to 30%) with Devourer if I had Angelica built since the damage window is so tight and you have to prevent the healing. I haven't tried Executioner yet but I think that will be less bad as long as Destina can still tank the damage.

The biggest upgrades I want before seriously tackling hell raid again are a good speed set for my healer and potion vial. Right now my front line is basically just stunned or otherwise disabled for the majority of either fight. I think I'm really close to a nice speed set once I can upgrade the new necklace but I'm being bottlenecked by a complete lack of speed stat boots.

Yea, maybe I should just change up my Luna's gear. My big issue is I have too many characters that I've geared up. I would probably be better off if I I just consolidated down big time.

• Options
    Sub/dub isn't a concern it's more me playing this when I won't be able to have volume at all lol

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I started playing this earlier this week. I am really digging it! Any advice for a newbie?

• Options
    This is the document I looked at a lot when I was starting out http://nazr.in/12Gh. Covers a lot of beginner questions.

Basics are to blitz through story until you unlock Abyss, Labyrinth, Side Stories, and Arena. Make sure to use your entrance tokens for Abyss, Labyrinth and Arena. Do whatever side story event is running at least until you get the free 4* artifact reward and can buy the bookmarks and any equipment that might be in the store. Buying the catalysts and artifact charms is highly desirable too.

Most "maze" stages in the story, where you pick directions to move in instead of just walking in a straight line, will have a gold chest with a piece of purple or red equipment. Every level of labyrinths will have one too. Feed all your grey/green/blue junk equipment and charms into that stuff to get stronger.

There's always a little banner side event going on that can be easy to miss but they have good rewards you get by basically just finishing your daily quests. You can swipe the little banner on the right in the inn that advertises the current new character and side story until it shows up.

• Options
    This is the document I looked at a lot when I was starting out http://nazr.in/12Gh. Covers a lot of beginner questions.

Basics are to blitz through story until you unlock Abyss, Labyrinth, Side Stories, and Arena. Make sure to use your entrance tokens for Abyss, Labyrinth and Arena. Do whatever side story event is running at least until you get the free 4* artifact reward and can buy the bookmarks and any equipment that might be in the store. Buying the catalysts and artifact charms is highly desirable too.

Most "maze" stages in the story, where you pick directions to move in instead of just walking in a straight line, will have a gold chest with a piece of purple or red equipment. Every level of labyrinths will have one too. Feed all your grey/green/blue junk equipment and charms into that stuff to get stronger.

There's always a little banner side event going on that can be easy to miss but they have good rewards you get by basically just finishing your daily quests. You can swipe the little banner on the right in the inn that advertises the current new character and side story until it shows up.

They're adding a bunch of new stuff today, so be sure to read the patch notes.

What'd you end up doing with your selective summon @Bucketman

• Options
    Hah jeez I'm not even far enough to worry about most of this stuff yet. Only on 1-9.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Hah jeez I'm not even far enough to worry about most of this stuff yet. Only on 1-9.

You'll get the selective summon at 1-10.

If you have any questions on whether to take one of your pulls, let us know.

• Options
    So one thing the guide mentions is to--before doing the selective summon stuff--blow your skystone load on either event rolls or regular rolls, depending on if the event banner is good.

Is the event banner good?

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    So one thing the guide mentions is to--before doing the selective summon stuff--blow your skystone load on either event rolls or regular rolls, depending on if the event banner is good.

Is the event banner good?

The way banners work in this game is they basically skew the 5star hero/artifact chances towards the featured unit and artifact.

In this case, Cermia is a solid high damage fire warrior, and the artifact is a super niche artifact that works on like Helga, Dingo, Cermia, and probably someone else? I don't know.

Is it worth pulling on? Honestly, I'd just pull on the regular summon. Cermia is great to have, but her artifact is not general purpose, so i'd rather just have the standard 5 star chances because most 5 star artifacts are less niche.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

What'd you end up doing with your selective summon Bucketman

I rolled it until I had several rares. I got 2 4 star artifacts or whatever the card things are called, and I got a 5 star thief character whos name escapes me but hes pretty rad.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »

What'd you end up doing with your selective summon Bucketman

I rolled it until I had several rares. I got 2 4 star artifacts or whatever the card things are called, and I got a 5 star thief character whos name escapes me but hes pretty rad.

Haste?

Works. You can just use Aither and Ras until you get more goodies.

• Options
    Looked it up, its Sez, whos a dark type which is cool. Also they just gave me Mercades for starting during the 3 million download campaign which is nice

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Looked it up, its Sez, whos a dark type which is cool. Also they just gave me Mercades for starting during the 3 million download campaign which is nice

Sez is an Ice type, not dark type. (He looks like he should be dark, but he is not). Dark/Light types are locked behind the moonlight summons which you will gain access to after finishing the normal mode story: Chapter 10-10.

Mercedes has always been free and included. She's a very mediocre fire mage. You use her till you get better dps. YOU CANNOT PULL MERCEDES from the summons though, so don't toss her. She gets memory imprints in a special way (through cracks in the world stages), which you should not use on her and should save for if you pull Celestial Mercedes in a Moonlight Summons at some point.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    8 rolls in and I got four 4* artifacts (two adamant shields, elyha's knife, and infinity basket) plus a 5* Aramintha.

Still got 22 to go but should I stop here?

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    8 rolls in and I got four 4* artifacts (two adamant shields, elyha's knife, and infinity basket) plus a 5* Aramintha.

Still got 22 to go but should I stop here?

Adamant shields are garbo. Knife is ok. Basket is very good for certain characters (like Silk who is someone you'll get via connection). Aramintha is a solid enough mage. You could definitely stop there. I wouldn't begrudge you to keep going, but it's ok.

• Options
    I went ahead and decided to reroll. On 11/30 now, got 5* Iseria and 4* Clarissa. I see both of them on the list of units to watch for, so leaning towards stopping there.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I went ahead and decided to reroll. On 11/30 now, got 5* Iseria and 4* Clarissa. I see both of them on the list of units to watch for, so leaning towards stopping there.

Solid enough set to dps with. Clarissa's a great AOE farmer.

Workable.