Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think I like the first one best. Combined with Elbris and high effectiveness, he would be a stunning machine. He's still 5* for me though and none of the EE's really bump him up the list.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    His S2 is a passive that lets him take damage for back row and chance to counter if they are hit. His one has a 40% chance (mola'd) to stun on 1. And his 3 cleanses a target, puts a buff on them (anti crit for dps or shield for healers and tanks). With EEs it will give a 40% push now too or self heal.

I used him when he came out with pretty meh gear and holy sac to some usefulness in pvp (even won a few on D). He protected fine its just he needed another little kick. Well yeah now he has a dispel and push which works great since he is a low base speed chonker.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Getting really tired of PvP... My cleave team apparently can't do anything anymore. Every team I run into in Challenger has either Maid Chloe or Ruele + SSB. Then throw in F. Ceci or A. Vildred or ML Ken. If I'm lucky I can win 1 out of the 5 options. And since my defense team is basically my cleave team, just got dropped back to Master since they are getting destroyed.

Once you get up to challenger, cleave teams become harder to run. You're going to need some defense break on them in order to get through the tanky defense teams.

Alternatively, you're going to need to make a bruiser comp that can focus them down slowly while not dying in return.

Yeah i run J. Kise, A. Lots, Vildred, and C. Dom most of the time. Since Vildred and C. Dom have built in CR, usually works great.

It’s weird as you read folks saying J. Kise is OP but if she’s not great against more than half the teams in challenger, maybe I’m missing something. You see the same with BBK but I can’t imagine she’s any different.

A. Lots is another odd one. Everyone mentions he’s op, but if cleaving isn’t great at higher levels, he kind doesn’t work as well? Seems like getting Basar up would be a better option to clear immunity and CR push back.

Also sad to keep reading how even with buffs A. Ravi is bad on defense and really even with op gear needs the right team comp to be useful. I started working on her in counter gear which i guess isn’t as good as speed and hp gear, so maybe i’ll try that.

• Options
    Are you burning? You should run both actually. For the double Tangs Tome. Once I started Double Tangs Tome for the double burn it became much better. And using CDoms not ML Lots for my second CR Manip. It lets me also choose who I burn. Tywin, Basar, CDoms, or Pavel/BBK. Ladyjubs still uses BBK in challenger and i just asked her who shes running with her and its aux lots, ass cidd, bbk (burned) and vildred for speed imprint and finishing. Sometimes she runs counter shuri for speed imprint and the free rng cr manips from him countering.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Yeah A. Lots has Tag’s but C. Dom has Kal for raid. If i see a speed imprint unit I usually swap C. Dom out for RT Roozid. I have 2 slates that i’ve thought about using on Vildred for the extra 4 speed, but still holding out for an ML speed imprint unit at some point. A. Lots starts boosting j. Kise and then she burns to use S2-> S3. Problem is counter units ruin her day, stopping that transition.

I must be missing something, maybe my J. Kise isn’t well geared? Maybe she should be more tanky and just bring the CD reset vs damage.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Yeah A. Lots has Tag’s but C. Dom has Kal for raid. If i see a speed imprint unit I usually swap C. Dom out for RT Roozid. I have 2 slates that i’ve thought about using on Vildred for the extra 4 speed, but still holding out for an ML speed imprint unit at some point. A. Lots starts boosting j. Kise and then she burns to use S2-> S3. Problem is counter units ruin her day, stopping that transition.

I must be missing something, maybe my J. Kise isn’t well geared? Maybe she should be more tanky and just bring the CD reset vs damage.

You don't have a defense break, so that's hurting you a lot.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    So do folks run Bellona faster than A.Lots? Or is there an ML breaker that’s fast?

• Options
    That's the danger of A lots. You have to have a faster breaker.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So do folks run Bellona faster than A.Lots? Or is there an ML breaker that’s fast?

Do what I do and cheat with Tywin.

Alots to Tywin.

Soulburn Tywin’s Dbreak for that delicious extra turn.

Attack+Crit+CR push your cleave.

It requires your cleave to be moderately fast but you can easily sac crit for speed for your cleaver.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Disclaimer: Tywin is rare and also sneaky super busted.

• Options
    Disclaimer: Tywin is rare and also sneaky super busted.

I don't think most people think lowly of him for a cleave :P

• Options
    Yeah I stupidly didn’t pull on his banner...

• Options
    edited February 2020
    For those interested, a preview of the unit re-balancing later this month: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/4682670

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Some of those buffs look tasty. Melissa will be even more fun, and that dispel on her S3 will increase her usefulness. Khawazu getting a small buff, Tenebria buffed for the fourth time?

More excited for the artifact buffs though. Holy Sacrifice should make Krau into a very rude surprise in arena, and Shimadra Staff getting a much needed boost.

Also Charlotte's remake looks promising. I've been sitting on two of her for a while, maybe I'll think about her more in the future.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    That holy sac buff holy shit.

Lots of great buffs to make them useful. Charlotte did ok dmg before for a bruiser will be interesting to see how that goes. All around makes most of those people muuuch more usable. Doris being the most potent healer may be the sleeper. When you could get the continuous healing benefits she was pretty dirty. Those being always on...? Yeah pretty nice. Spec Teneb going to eat ML Ken and Charles alive.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    They'll probably keep buffing fire units as their usage is just low thanks to SSB keeping the water meta alive.

There's some really good stuff there. Melissa looks really fun, might invest in her a bit. Tenebria with all the sleep effects lol. Specter Tenebria looks to be the start of the countering the counter meta. I'm always down for Clarissa buffs, and looks to make her even more viable for W11. I have like 10 Khawazu, so buffs are always nice. Adding a defense break is pretty nice as he can slot into a burn team and help with defense, good for G11. Fighter Maya is already annoying in Arena, so yay for being more annoying lol. C. Mercedes seems like a no brainer that should have been done long ago.

Didn't know Holy Sacrifice needed a buff, it was already used on every Krau I fight lol. Kind of like the Shimadra Staff update. Might be good on someone along with Elena to help boost her healing and get some really high Eff Res buffs going. Uberius's buff is like a Gunther buff lol. Dignus Orb is already getting use on my C. Dom sometimes since she's so squishy. This buff is awesome and gives half the boost of Kal on next attack and still provides a lot more bulk.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'm hopeful that Charlotte remake means a Charlotte banner since she looks amazing as a sprite to me.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    The Charlotte rework looks interesting, although getting a full set off atk/def/hp/cdam will be a pain.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Well got my second ML 5. Tywin. From mystics from guild box that put me over 50. Will check him out as I like his abilities. And will be cool to try in rta as all the content creators seem to calling him trash without using in RTA. And hey perhaps he will get a buff.

Edit: And hey i have a decent counter set to put on him.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Seems like he might be pretty decent in PvE. His S2 seems like it's better the longer the fight goes on and if the enemy is constantly throwing debuffs. I imagine he could be annoying on defense with counter gear.

I got another Celeste. I'm thinking about maybe leveling her. She seems interesting since she's crazy fast and might help with my defense break issue by going first to lower CR, allowing for a defense breaker to fit in before J. Kise.

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Welp, adding a level 50 Bellona missing both jewelry slots completely moved my B11 team from being unable to auto to 100%. Not regretting pulling her at all.

• Options
    If I could just convince my Yufine/Alencia duo to save their aoe for the splits i would auto B11 real fast. Sadly they love yelling at the big banshee instead.

• Options
    My slow group of Jecht/Angie/Vildred/Champ Z has a pretty high success rate, just takes forever. I wish I could auto use Souls so C. Dom could be used auto. I guess that would be really hard to code in though, maybe a toggle for who can use souls when they are available.

• Options
    I've been working on a thing for the last couple weeks. I know she's not meta or anything, and that she needs some gear improvement, but she was a hell of a lot of fun in guild war this morning!

tsennl71sn3y.png

• Options
    What comps did you use her against? Been thinking about gearing up mine as well, but not sure what she excels at compared to what I'm using at the moment.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    She is useful wherever a 100% stun would be useful. And that is a pretty wide use case heh. She is basically a 3* ML Silk. Who is also not really meta but very useful as well in certain situations.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    The big thing for me was being able to shut down some of the dangerous enemies. Stunning Tywin or SSB for two rounds makes a fight much smoother.

• Options
    Got Specter Tenebria off my daily summon and Crozet from the 4-5* ticket today. It looks like Crozet can replace Bask as my tank for Wyvern from what I've heard? Or would Bask be better. Still trying to get to Wyvern 11 but stuck on 10 right now.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Tomorrow patch:
    Basar, skins for Basar (compete with a bow for kitty) and his bride lidica skin, basars will be in season pass lidicas in skin store, roses may bloom event (yay more love potions), and a new event next week that is progression of story. Next powder shop is: Time Matter, Iron Fan, Durandal, Justice for All, Tagegel, sashe, dust devil and mags tome.

2/20 date set for all those sexy hero/arti buffs. 40% flat reduction in equip crafting.

Look at the KITTY!
    2vz42mxvwc67.jpg

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Cirira wrote: »
    Got Specter Tenebria off my daily summon and Crozet from the 4-5* ticket today. It looks like Crozet can replace Bask as my tank for Wyvern from what I've heard? Or would Bask be better. Still trying to get to Wyvern 11 but stuck on 10 right now.

Crozet would tank it fine. As long as your dps and healer can keep up anyone you put up there will work if they can survive the hits. Lots of people use Angeilca as the tank because she can be made ultra tanky. ML Tenebria is a huge pickup. After the 2/20 buffs she will be a direct counter for a couple of the most annoying of pvp meta heros.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Crozet would tank it fine. As long as your dps and healer can keep up anyone you put up there will work if they can survive the hits. Lots of people use Angeilca as the tank because she can be made ultra tanky. ML Tenebria is a huge pickup. After the 2/20 buffs she will be a direct counter for a couple of the most annoying of pvp meta heros.

I'm rocking Kise as my DPS with Angelica as my Healer. She's not tanky enough to tank it yet but figured she could keep up with the healing part with an actual tank. Have either Alexa or Diene for the 4th spot. Alexa is currently there for poison DPS.

• Options
    You have the makings of the comp that a lot of people used to get by w11 the first time. You can use Aurius on a tank and not make him front line. You can focus on angie for gear because a geared healer will be more useful in most situations than a geared tank. And you can use Alexa and T Guard. Most people used 3*s and 4* or two to clear W11 and start farming it heh.

• Options
    You have the makings of the comp that a lot of people used to get by w11 the first time. You can use Aurius on a tank and not make him front line. You can focus on angie for gear because a geared healer will be more useful in most situations than a geared tank. And you can use Alexa and T Guard. Most people used 3*s and 4* or two to clear W11 and start farming it heh.

Yeah. I've got T Guard unleveled and have Furious leveled but not skill enhanced. Alexa just doesn't seem quick/tanky enough yet for the solo tank.

I should take Alexa instead of Kise just to be clear? I don't have Aurius either but have the relic from Diene's event.

• Options
    Angelica is the healer to tank. You can use a 3* artifact called prophetic candlestick to use her to tank W11 once you get the gear on her. Leaves a spot open for dps or soak (tank with Aurius).

I think what you have will be fine once you get the gear. The 11 fights are just huge gear checks to get on auto.

To be clear what I was saying was what a lot of people used as a "f2P" style W11 clear was. Alexa would be really only dps. Geared she is built to dps w11. TGaurd has a high chance for def break on his S1 and people just run him with him "turned off" on W11 so all he does is his S1. Then you use an angie as your tank because she is usable in a ton of places geared as a chonker. And use a tank with aurius for a soak. If your angie is well geared enough this slot can become 2nd dps.

• Options

Yeah. I've got T Guard unleveled and have Furious leveled but not skill enhanced. Alexa just doesn't seem quick/tanky enough yet for the solo tank.

I should take Alexa instead of Kise just to be clear? I don't have Aurius either but have the relic from Diene's event.

Alexa is used a lot because she can be equipped with Daydream Joker artifact which does damage based on the enemies max HP. Which the hunt bosses have a lot of. Combined with her 2 attacks for S1 which procs DJ twice and poison which also works against high HP bosses, she's basically made for W11. The downside is that she doesn't have much use outside of W11, so gearing her up and leveling her for 1 thing might not be great. Especially since other Water DPS units can work. For example I use Sez.

Kise is a good example. She is also good with W11 since her S1 hit's barriers hard and you want to clear the barrier. Her S3 decreases the skill bar for it to activate barrier and her S2 hits really hard after her S3. Her kit makes her more flexible with other content so she's better to spend time and resources on.

Crozet is better than Bask for W11. He's beefier since he's a 4*, and his buffs made him even better for it. They share the same S1, but his S2 will proc anytime his health drops below 50% giving him 2 layers of protection if Angie's heals are on CD for example. His S3 doesn't do anything for W11. You can try and grab the Guild artifact in the store Proof of Valor, which will increase his tankiness even more. The biggest downside is that by the time you get him to 20k+ HP and 1k+ Def, you may have Angie geared up as well like I did.

The reason folks go with TG over Furious is that TG has defense break on S1. And since he's a 3*, you don't need Mola for him. Also if you trigger dual attack, he buffs folks. The biggest downside for him is that the defense break only lasts 1 turn, which can suck if the Wyvern goes before you're DPS does. Furious has a 2 turn break but it's on a long cooldown and if it doesn't trigger, you're screwed for awhile.

Personally I'd work on getting Angies HP and Speed up. 16K+ and 160+ speed for her along with something like Tome for increased turns. Switch to Crozet, you don't need to put any Mola into him. However you'll have to 6* him, so if Bask is already 6*, just keep him instead. Crozet just needs a ton of HP/Def. Gear up TG for effectiveness and speed, so he can go as often as possible to land that defense break. Then it's up to you on which DPS you want to use. Alexa is a bit more specialized for W11, especially with a leveled up Daydream Joker. Or Kise who might be used for other content.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Tomorrow patch:
    Basar, skins for Basar (compete with a bow for kitty) and his bride lidica skin, basars will be in season pass lidicas in skin store, roses may bloom event (yay more love potions), and a new event next week that is progression of story. Next powder shop is: Time Matter, Iron Fan, Durandal, Justice for All, Tagegel, sashe, dust devil and mags tome.

2/20 date set for all those sexy hero/arti buffs. 40% flat reduction in equip crafting.

Look at the KITTY!
    2vz42mxvwc67.jpg

Probably going to have to get that Basar skin, just for the cat haha. Love the 40% reduction, I have thousands of hunt mats that I've been sitting on as I don't have the gold to craft anything with them.

Interesting artifact selection. More Tag's is never a bad thing. I could use 2 more to be able to SB both J. Kise and C. Dom. But I also don't have Time Matter which would be great for Vivian. Iron Fan seems really situational, and Durandel seems only ok for characters I don't use, but Proof of Valor may be just as good.

EDIT: Holy crap they are doing another Basar banner?! They just had him like 3 months ago and with Abyssal Crown no less. Feels like we're going to get some really awesome new unit here soon and they want to drain as many folks of skystones as possible.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    I think that since they have been running more things at the same time we will get lidica next week when they run the new event.

• Options

Alexa is used a lot because she can be equipped with Daydream Joker artifact which does damage based on the enemies max HP. Which the hunt bosses have a lot of. Combined with her 2 attacks for S1 which procs DJ twice and poison which also works against high HP bosses, she's basically made for W11. The downside is that she doesn't have much use outside of W11, so gearing her up and leveling her for 1 thing might not be great. Especially since other Water DPS units can work. For example I use Sez.

Kise is a good example. She is also good with W11 since her S1 hit's barriers hard and you want to clear the barrier. Her S3 decreases the skill bar for it to activate barrier and her S2 hits really hard after her S3. Her kit makes her more flexible with other content so she's better to spend time and resources on.

Crozet is better than Bask for W11. He's beefier since he's a 4*, and his buffs made him even better for it. They share the same S1, but his S2 will proc anytime his health drops below 50% giving him 2 layers of protection if Angie's heals are on CD for example. His S3 doesn't do anything for W11. You can try and grab the Guild artifact in the store Proof of Valor, which will increase his tankiness even more. The biggest downside is that by the time you get him to 20k+ HP and 1k+ Def, you may have Angie geared up as well like I did.

The reason folks go with TG over Furious is that TG has defense break on S1. And since he's a 3*, you don't need Mola for him. Also if you trigger dual attack, he buffs folks. The biggest downside for him is that the defense break only lasts 1 turn, which can suck if the Wyvern goes before you're DPS does. Furious has a 2 turn break but it's on a long cooldown and if it doesn't trigger, you're screwed for awhile.

Personally I'd work on getting Angies HP and Speed up. 16K+ and 160+ speed for her along with something like Tome for increased turns. Switch to Crozet, you don't need to put any Mola into him. However you'll have to 6* him, so if Bask is already 6*, just keep him instead. Crozet just needs a ton of HP/Def. Gear up TG for effectiveness and speed, so he can go as often as possible to land that defense break. Then it's up to you on which DPS you want to use. Alexa is a bit more specialized for W11, especially with a leveled up Daydream Joker. Or Kise who might be used for other content.

I actually have a maxed out Daydream Joker. So maybe I should try it with Alexa as my DPS and bring along TG or Furious.

My only 6* thus far is Kise. She seemed pretty good as a kit so that's why she is the one leveled up. I do have the Candlestick on Angie already as well.

• Options

I actually have a maxed out Daydream Joker. So maybe I should try it with Alexa as my DPS and bring along TG or Furious.

My only 6* thus far is Kise. She seemed pretty good as a kit so that's why she is the one leveled up. I do have the Candlestick on Angie already as well.

I find Rod of Amaryllis to be better for W11 personally but stick works too.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

I find Rod of Amaryllis to be better for W11 personally but stick works too.

Hah yeah, would love to have that.