As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]zam!

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    My kitty is feeling better after throwing up a bunch last night. She finally ate some food and is looking less lethargic yayyy.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I got a random cold text about partaking in a biological psychology experiment where I solve language puzzles in an fMRI.

Fuck yeah scan my brain professor with a german surname. Let's go!

when you get superhero powers remember who was here for you when you didn't believe it was a good idea to accept a random cold call request to go be a science guinea pig

But what about if my superpower turns out to be that I forget everything?

shit

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    My boss has confirmed that he has bought tickets for the department to see Avengers: Endgame on the Friday of opening weekend. We are going to watch it during work hours at the theater and get paid for it. :D

No one likes you.
    D: Mean. :(

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I got a random cold text about partaking in a biological psychology experiment where I solve language puzzles in an fMRI.

Fuck yeah scan my brain professor with a german surname. Let's go!

when you get superhero powers remember who was here for you when you didn't believe it was a good idea to accept a random cold call request to go be a science guinea pig

But what about if my superpower turns out to be that I forget everything?

Every day is an origin story

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    My kitty is feeling better after throwing up a bunch last night. She finally ate some food and is looking less lethargic yayyy.

Does your cat not just throw up for fun?

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    I went for run for the first time in two weeks. My pace was crappy and it was windy. I never wanna run again. Except for the half I have at the end of the month.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    That article Coinage posted has just straight bummed me out about breast implants

I can't believe more people aren't talking about the side effects / I'm surprised they continue to be as popular in elective cases (technically all cases, per that article, but I mean to say non-reconstructive) considering the drawbacks

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

Last month, my cat had to hock up a hairball, and Hahnsboo reported that he physically walked over to the carpet near hardwood to barf specifically on the carpet, while he was heaving. :-P

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Like once or twice a week yeah.

But this was like 4 times in 4 hours.

I opened a can of her favorite wet food this morning and she didn't go for it either so I was ready to come home and take her right to the vet

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Superman killing someone, must be a Tuesday.

Well he's like the ultimate white cop right? So...
    ??

Green Lantern is the space cop, Superman is famously the Boy Scout.
    qx8re1r8t84c.jpg
    Is it weird my first thought was that her bra was impractical and could use some underwire.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    It always surprises me how little it seems to take for a lot of people to have "too much" of something.

Like for Marvel movies if there are 4 a year that's like 8-9 hours over an entire year! That seems like not that much. That's like a single weekends worth of playing video games stretched over an entire year!

Keep them coming! It's just like reading comics which you would be keeping up with and following the stories over a long time in smaller chunks. Except here they are bigger chunks that are further apart. And it doesn't involve reading. I love it and I hope they keep raking in the money so I can keep enjoying them for years to come.

i honestly find the big ensemble movies to be generally formulaic and boring

some of the individual ones have been good though

See that makes sense if you are already not super into the idea.

It's just always surprising when it's people who seemed to be into the thing at some point.

It happens with games a lot too.

"Man I love this game! It's super awesome!"

*5 years later*

"Wow this feels a lot like the old game I used to love just with better graphics and some new mechanics. That's stupid why isn't it completely different?"

And I'm just like... it's been half a decade! How is that not long enough to want that kind of experience again?!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    "Hello, this is Carol from Someplace Auto Care, I'm calling in regards to your Nissan Altima."

Lady, I do not and have not ever owned a Nissan Altima in my life. I know you gotta get that bread, but not like this.

*mumble*-ird and final notice. Your account is overdue and you will be charged thousands in back taxes. Please call the IRS now at 1-don-tgo-ogle to settle this serious matter.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Magic has nearly twice as many sets out as MCU has put out movies in the same time span.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    It always surprises me how little it seems to take for a lot of people to have "too much" of something.

Like for Marvel movies if there are 4 a year that's like 8-9 hours over an entire year! That seems like not that much. That's like a single weekends worth of playing video games stretched over an entire year!

Keep them coming! It's just like reading comics which you would be keeping up with and following the stories over a long time in smaller chunks. Except here they are bigger chunks that are further apart. And it doesn't involve reading. I love it and I hope they keep raking in the money so I can keep enjoying them for years to come.

It's just always surprising when it's people who seemed to be into the thing at some point.

*5 years later*

"Wow this feels a lot like the old game I used to love just with better graphics and some new mechanics. That's stupid why isn't it completely different?"

And I'm just like... it's been half a decade! How is that not long enough to want that kind of experience again?!

to be fair they've probably had that same experience half a dozen times in between those five years

games have kind of turned into super formulaic things it feels like these days, especially big name games.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

*5 years later*

funny enough with games i am finding i basically want the same experience just with better graphics every few years

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I get so many

so many

calls that I assume are IRS scams, but in Chinese.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Last month, my cat had to hock up a hairball, and Hahnsboo reported that he physically walked over to the carpet near hardwood to barf specifically on the carpet, while he was heaving. :-P

Yes, it's a cat.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ugh Injustice. Why must we be reminded that trash exists.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Superman killing someone, must be a Tuesday.

Well he's like the ultimate white cop right? So...
    ??

Green Lantern is the space cop, Superman is famously the Boy Scout.
    qx8re1r8t84c.jpg
    Is it weird my first thought was that her bra was impractical and could use some underwire.
    Superman has X-ray vision. He sees everyone naked all the time. It's not novel for him.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

I've seen thunderbutt start deliberately leaning over my open shoe when she started hacking before.

The only possible explanation for this behavior is that she wanted my complete and immediate attention, because that's exactly what she got.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I get so many

so many

i might fall for it if i had any idea what you were saying to me!

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    My boss has confirmed that he has bought tickets for the department to see Avengers: Endgame on the Friday of opening weekend. We are going to watch it during work hours at the theater and get paid for it. :D

No one likes you.
    D: Mean. :(

@Hahnsoo1 i’m just jelly

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I took a min to look at the spoilers for the next mtg set. Holy shit that new Jace. They are really trying to draw people back in with power creep eh?

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I get so many

so many

Ni hao

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    like no lie straight up just morrowind with modern graphics and UI would be pretty much the ideal game for me right now

• Options
    I get so many

so many

Ni hao

Zai jian

this concludes all the mandarin i know

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I took a min to look at the spoilers for the next mtg set. Holy shit that new Jace. They are really trying to draw people back in with power creep eh?

I mean it's neat, and it's got that shiny alternate win condition, but it's not...good? You're paying four mana to draw 1-2 cards, mill a bit, and then soak up 5-7 damage most of the time.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2019
    hmmm i'm really enjoying this low carb meal i've prepared a couple times now. high flour tortilla, dark meat chicken, shredded cheese, sugar free bbq sauce, chopped up dill pickle. something like 10g of non fibrous carbs and really tasty and a decent chunk of calories which is good since the metformin is upsetting my stomach and making more frequent meals difficult.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

I mean it's neat, and it's got that shiny alternate win condition, but it's not...good? You're paying four mana to draw 1-2 cards, mill a bit, and then soak up 5-7 damage most of the time.

? The one im looking at has draw as a +. Can target youself to mill yourself faster with the GY toss. And an ultimate of big draw. Nissa looks pretty nuts too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/why-are-hundreds-of-luxury-vancouver-mansions-being-rented-for-cheap-1.4329800

@feral have you seen this

Super interesting, some minor housing tweaks end up with kind of amazing communal living situations in luxury mansions

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hmmm i'm really enjoying this low carb meal i've prepared a couple times now. high flour tortilla, dark meat chicken, shredded cheese, sugar free bbq sauce, chopped up dill pickle. something like 10g of non fibrous carbs and really tasty and a decent chunk of calories which is good since the metformin is upsetting my stomach and making more frequent meals difficult.

That sounds good.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    porp i'm no running coach but a two week break a month before a half...

may god be with u

• Options
    actually i think if i could make the perfect game for me

it would be like an elder scrolls type setting

just a giant, like fucking huge map

maybe the biggest map anyone has ever seen

but not procedurally generated

i just walk around and can kind of minecraftily gather resources and build things

there is a competitive mode of some sort with an AI and a multiplayer co-op mode and a pvp mode that i never play but is good enough to entice other people to play the co-op mode with me sometimes

also maybe there's a version that is that but in space but not no man's sky, an actual game with a constructed universe or whatever you want to call it

maybe just galaxy

• Options

i just walk around and can kind of minecraftily gather resources and build things

there is a competitive mode of some sort with an AI and a multiplayer co-op mode and a pvp mode that i never play but is good enough to entice other people to play the co-op mode with me sometimes

also maybe there's a version that is that but in space but not no man's sky, an actual game with a constructed universe or whatever you want to call it

maybe just galaxy
    Outward just came out:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/794260/Outward/

It's eurojank, but it's basically open-world Skyrim, but a survival game instead of an epic quest or high fantasy thing.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    like no bullshit

no time limited events

no grinding pointlessly

just a big open space i can build in and maybe occasionally shoot mans with guns or magic or my fists

and no purpose other than being creative with what i can build

that's all i want why is it so much to ask

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

? The one im looking at has draw as a +. Can target youself to mill yourself faster with the GY toss. And an ultimate of big draw. Nissa looks pretty nuts too.

Draw is a +, but it doesn't have an ability that impacts the board. It might get run as a kind of "Have to deal with this eventually" threat that does generate cards, but feels like there are cleaner wincons for hard control to run.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

I'm pretty excited for the big battle

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

maybe just galaxy
    Outward just came out:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/794260/Outward/

It's eurojank, but it's basically open-world Skyrim, but a survival game instead of an epic quest or high fantasy thing.

ok goodbye forever i'll be playing this

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am very hype for the new magic set. But still not sure what to run to try and get to mythic this month. Shit is rough out there. White weenie feels like it isn't working as well as I would like. Sultai is strong but is one of my weaker archetypes. Mono red is always solid but not a clear standout. Maybe just mono blue forever. Or try that gruul deck

This discussion has been closed.