As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    That's how they've always been, there's a week at the end where you can use keys but not earn them, just this event was a lot shorter than previous (I think 2 weeks of "active" is less than before anyway)

Sounds like the event clothes will be getting a rerun later rather than diluting the pool though, if that's an actual full re-run it'd be great. If it's a time limited "buy it now" box at a later date, not so much.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Guess
    That's how they've always been, there's a week at the end where you can use keys but not earn them, just this event was a lot shorter than previous (I think 2 weeks of "active" is less than before anyway)

Sounds like the event clothes will be getting a rerun later rather than diluting the pool though, if that's an actual full re-run it'd be great. If it's a time limited "buy it now" box at a later date, not so much.

Guess I never noticed as I would already have the event done and collected. Guess we will see what they say on Friday

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, the previous ones were definitely longer...

Invasion: April 5th to April 25th with the closeout being May 2nd.

Dark Hours: May 16th to June 6th and the closeout week being June 13th.

Heat Wave: July 23rd through August 15th with the closeout being August 22nd.

This one was September 24th to October 8th with the closeout being the 15th. At best we will get one more project that would need to be done like, that day?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I think the latest apparel event broke the game's glamour over me. Oh well, I had fun.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I think it was poorly thought out to cut this event short, even though they likely did it because of the TU coming up. Because all it ultimately did was make people time crunch and feel extra pressure from the RNG.

Here's hoping they either A) extend the event or B) just give a few keys or something.

edit: oh, yeah and as Preacher points out below, this stuff won't be joining the loot pool, so additional crunch.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    They combined the short event with these apparel items not specifically going into the general box pool. So short event, and you can only get them from this event maybe. It seems directly to make you pay for keys to have any hope of finishing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Extending by one week would be a very reasonable move imo, just that extra weekly quest could make the difference for a lot of folk

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Maintenance on Monday, sounds like an extra week or some tweak to drops for sure

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I actually got 2 keys for rank ups last night, was pleasantly surprised. Only need 8 to get the space suit, so that works.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I have 12 left to get, got zero from my last 5-7ish level ups. If I were to change it it'd be to something like the way signature ammo works now, like one every other level. Every level would be great but probably a smidge too quick.

*edit*
    Confirmed to be a week extension ( via here ) with a buffed drop rate. No info on future changes to alleviate streaks, but I'd almost bet on my guess above.
    There's also some stuff about changes to regular apparel keys, but the short version is that any fragments you have will be converted with the expansion 2 update, along along with any existing keys, looks like the best return is going to be buying a stack of the best keys before the patch and sitting on them.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    With the DZ rank ups don't they slow down over time? I don't DZ. So with multiple events in of doing the DZ for those caches, wouldn't it slow down?

edit: Also, conversion rates for keys from that page:
    For every 100 fragments in your inventory, you will receive one Standard Key, rounded up. So if you have 101 fragments, this rounds up to two Standard Keys.
    For every Specialized Key (previous fragments cost = 100), you will receive one Standard Key as these are being converted 1:1.
    For every Superior Key (previous fragments cost = 250), you will receive three Standard Keys.

I think I have like 1000 fragments, so I guess I'll turn those into superiors and sit on them.

the HE keys that they mention can be bought for 30 club points. They don't say how many are in the pack, so I never redeemed it. Guess I'll do that.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    DZ progression is fairly consistent. The only thing is that it's a pain in the ass because if other players are in the DZ, it will sabotage your level up progress. Also, the mobs can be freaking tough without the right gear, so levelling up in the DZ would be a lot more challenging than regular mode.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    ah, that's good to know. what's the max DZ rank now anyway?

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Max DZ rank is 40 or 50. Sounds like a lot but it levels up quickly. On PC the Dark Zone player population is fairly consistent, don't know about consoles. All I know is that players will take every opportunity to gank you and your DZ XP will go down if you die.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    have to say you can really feel that buffed key drop rate, I got a quick 5 levels in and got a single key! amazing!

I just want that amazing aviator jacket, I don't care about the rest :(

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Next Specialization is Magic Missiles!

fz2ggboxt3cm.png

Technician (videos or whatever when I can find one).

edit: also not sure if it's just the whims of the RNG or not but why in the world would you assign the normal version of an invaded stronghold as a daily when you can't do it until you pop the 3 missions to unlock the stronghold, then complete the invaded version? ._.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Completed my set last night, and I'm really disappointed that the headgear is tied directly into the outfit. =\

Trapper Hat for lyf then, I guess.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    It's a shame that the goggles mask doesn't allow helmets because otherwise you could probably go full tacticool.

I love the aviator jacket though, it's even better than I hoped for.

I find myself actually looking forward a lot to the Technician class, on paper at least it looks like it'll go very well with my current Ongoing Directive build, subbing out a skill for the new hive...maybe. Just wish I could get the Black Tusk gloves to drop...

I don't think there's anything actually *new* in this vid but it's a nice quick breakdown of the changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llVbGDMcyRM

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I want the black tusk gloves too, if only because Providence gloves don't seem to have the mod slot, which may change? IDK. Being able to buy a mod slot for a piece of gear would be amazing, but so many bits of the gear customization are needlessly and obnoxiously saddled to RNG. Like, targeted loot just means you'll be spending more time in a certain area not getting what you want, and given some things are more efficient for farming than others, are they going to rotate? It's such an incomplete solution.

You have branded scraps. You have like multiple different resources. Why can't that just do this:

Gloves
    - Mod Slot (Price X, Reroll Y*N)
    - Ability Slot 1 (Price X, Reroll Y*N)
    - Ability Slot 2 (Price X, Reroll Y*N)
    - Bonus 1 (Price x, Reroll Y*N)
    - Bonus 2 (Price X, Reroll Y*N)
    - Bonus 3 (Price X, Reroll Y*N)

Where N is the number of customizations made to the gear and X is a base price to unlock a thing and Y is Brand scrap cost + other resources.

That way I have a piece gear with legacy and growth tied to it. I can farm and slot in pieces to that gear if I want, or start all over again if I find a piece that's better overall. But more than that, you can have a fixed goal to your grind instead of "RNGday"

• Options
    Huge patch notes

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2141944-Title-Update-6-Episode-2-Patch-Notes

really detailed actually, especially granular on the weapon changes

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    the targeted loot thing is on a timed rotation, looks to be tied to zones. would rather not have to RNG all the time though, but eh.

XP Bonuses are no longer granted by Gear Mods is an odd removal, but Inaya will let you share mats between characters.

The DZ Daily project is now a general PVP project. that's good too.

Skill changes are... meh, but I don't think they killed skills? IDK.

The adjustments to account for the removal of stacking look rather fair.
    P416: Buff

-5% damage decrease.

heh heh.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Thats quite the P416 buff...

-10% damage on M60, yeesh, hopefully they nerfed their own bulletsponge mobs then.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The SMG damage buffs seem pretty beefy.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    They even nerfed shields? They’ve been terrible forever, just let me tank stuff already.

Another heal chem launcher nerf too, like it wasnt bad already, I stopped using it last time they nerfed it.

Eaglebearer is still locked to that halfassed raid too, pretty much the only exotic I give a shit about.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    The only nerfs to shields and heals I saw were pvp related?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Oh, I thought it was just general skill changes.

PvP in this game dont really interest me.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    FYI the patch also unsockets a load of mods so dw if you're short on say about 500 skillpower all of a sudden. Shotguns definitely feel buffed and the +damage to elites applying to drones etc is very noticeable.

Appears to be a bug on stage 4 of the Technician unlock quest, kill 6 targets in the shooting range in 10 seconds doesn't seem to register regardless of what you do to the cutouts.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Completed the Pentagon on story mode.

Man that is going to be a HARD series of missions on challenging and above! Was a lot of fun though, loved the ambience and new music they added to it. Did not appreciate that I ran out of inventory space when they unslotted my mods though. Oh well, I needed to change my setups anyway.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Enjoying this content so far, liking the new technician skillset, my old skill build ended up with 4000+ Skill points, so tweaked that to bring it more inline with my skill mods.

Did Jefferson mission for the millionth time and ended up with the Exotic kneepads first time with this patch live. Not sure how much i will use them. I think its something good vs Black Tusk but unless the other factions had robots its really not as useful.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    I have unlocked the Technician (turns out the shooting range was just a bit shocked by immediately trying grenades and worked fine the next day), the actual unlock process is much much better, nothing like as much of a pain as that shoot all the armour off the hammer guy challenge. Looking forward to getting some more skill points to give it a proper go

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I think they may have removed that from the stages for gunner. I couldn't do the control point one for stage 3 so it just sat there but when I logged in today it said I beat the stage, and there's no mention of control points. have to see what stage 5 is now, as I"m on stage 4 but I started doing the tech stages, which are definitely simpler.

• Options
    Well they must have adjusted drop rates of Exotics cause i've had 3 drop in two days. First was the exotic knees, then on a challenging invaded mission got a second exotic glove (which got salvaged and upgraded my Nemesis and Liberty to 500) then had a Sweet Dreams drop off of Emeline during a solo HARD run of that mission. That in turn got salvaged to upgrade my Chatterbox and Merciless. If these keep dropping ill get my preorder exotics upgraded to 500.

Ended up playing with a dude who was actually using Pestilence, I kinda want one now but that means venturing into the derp filled Dark Zone.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    then on a challenging invaded mission got a second exotic glove (which got salvaged)

nooooo

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    then on a challenging invaded mission got a second exotic glove (which got salvaged)

nooooo

He needed the shards!

• Options

nooooo

He needed the shards!

to be fair I've probably blown up half a dozen mercilesses by now and folks were dead keen on those a while back.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

nooooo

He needed the shards!

to be fair I've probably blown up half a dozen mercilesses by now and folks were dead keen on those a while back.

Still haven’t had one of those drop for myself, only got mine because someone already had it in the group I was in

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options

Y'know Massive, there are some times when obfuscation is much better than transparency.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Still haven't changed how if you completed the Kenley College missions and got the Diamondback the first time around you can just go straight to the loot crypt and get another Diamondback to salvage into exotic materials.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Y'know Massive, there are some times when obfuscation is much better than transparency.

That is literally the only gun I give a shit about in this entire game.

Great that they let us know it was obtainable for a brief duration and that they are fixing this and literally locking it away until they do...

Sirialis on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just started playing, with Uplay+.

LMGs really sound like crap compared to the first game.