As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Booooo sea lions boooo

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    God they are fucking huge.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

Now think about how Orcas will fling those big guys several dozen feet into the air

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Now think about how Orcas will fling those big guys several dozen feet into the air

Are you sure you aren't conflating seals with sea lions?

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I like the dog near the end give a look like "yo dad, why you stop our walkies?"

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Yeah, Jesus, I didn't realize they were that big.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    They thought that they had killed it.

They were wrong.

Now on Vice, its the 2019 edition of The Hater's Guide To The Williams-Sonoma Catalog.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    a big Stellers (ie. PNW to Alaska, which is where that looks like) can be well over a thousand pounds.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Bad news: the sea lions really really like your boat.

Gone right: at least they didn't sink it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeWxaXYFn04

If I fits, I sits

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Impressive enginering skills and I like the idea, but small gripe s about him:
    I'm not entirely sold on me getting possib offensive junk mail as a prank on someone else. I don't read my own junk mail so I'm sure as hell not going to deliver it to a stranger.

Also I do hope all those people who called or moved the package were real and not his friends.
    There is a very high chance that, knowing about all this in the first place, said person has seen this video, and now knows that his neighbors have gotten this stuff.

And it's not like they can ask around to see if anyone happened to notice if they got a fake postcard about them registering to go to next furry convention.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Apparently there is an appliance manufacturer that is unironically called Smeg.

I honestly think reality us trolling us at this point.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Apparently there is an appliance manufacturer that is unironically called Smeg.

I honestly think reality us trolling us at this point.

my parents had Smeg appliances all through my childhood, it's a decently old brand!

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    a big Stellers (ie. PNW to Alaska, which is where that looks like) can be well over a 450 KILOS.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Booooo sea lions boooo

feed this man to the sea lions

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    a big Stellers (ie. PNW to Alaska, which is where that looks like) can be well over a 450 KILOS.

That's for the females. Adult males can weigh more than a ton.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    red dwarf is all I can think of immediately when someone says smeg

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Booooo sea lions boooo

feed this man to the sea lions

They're already fed enough. Except then they overpopulate and the juveniles strand on beaches.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

Basically a nice blubbery subcompact car.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    How friendly are sea lions compared to seals? Seals seem very similar to dogs in their friendly and inquisitive nature.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    How friendly are sea lions compared to seals? Seals seem very similar to dogs in their friendly and inquisitive nature.

They range from friendly to not friendly at all. They're a wild predator.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    I would also not characterize seals as friendly either. It depends very much on context.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Seals do seem pretty doglike but like wild assed feral dogs that you shouldnt fuck around with

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

Males are quite territorial, females get real cranky if you mess with their pups, or if they think you're going to mess with your pups, and the males also get really touchy if they think you're going to mess with their wimmin - those same males that are about the size of a small car. Even if they were mostly friendly, I wouldn't want to get near things that big.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Beware loose seals. Know a guy who had one eat his hand.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

For some reason, I have the impression that sea lions are more like bears than dogs.
    Happy enough to chill out so long as you keep your distance. But if you get close they're more than capable of ruining your day.

This is based on nothing beyond some old nature documentaries and a wariness of any wild animal that is accurately described as being the size of a car.

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Booooo sea lions boooo

Fuck sea lions.

Has the sea lion president decreed that they shouldn't eat themselves into famine yet? No?
    Just humans paying attention then?

Right.

Edit: and seals.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

For some reason, I have the impression that sea lions are more like bears than dogs.
    Happy enough to chill out so long as you keep your distance. But if you get close they're more than capable of ruining your day.

This is based on nothing beyond some old nature documentaries and a wariness of any wild animal that is accurately described as being the size of a car.

That's why I'm afraid of motor vehicles. They are driven by wild animals, and are the size of a car. Much faster than a sea lion or a bear, too.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah it really doesn't matter what kind of wild animal it is, you always have to be wary that it is going to fuck you up. Cats and dogs are technically considered domesticated animals and they will still fuck you up.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    A German Shepard that decides you are a problem that needs to be removed is not going to make your day a brighter place.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    A German Shepard that decides you are a problem that needs to be removed is not going to make your day a brighter place.

Yeah Pitbulls take all of the shit but any large dog that wants to fuck your day is going to fuck up your day. The really fun part? This also applies to small dogs. A Corgi deciding that you need to be brought down is actually a problem. You're probably not going to die but it's going to hurt badly.

Cats are both simultaneously less of a threat than dogs and almost more of a threat because they are literal monsters.

That being said they're all fuzzies and I want to give them all the pets.

Undomesticated animals though? You don't fuck with them. Just, don't.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Yeah Pitbulls take all of the shit but any large dog that wants to fuck your day is going to fuck up your day. The really fun part? This also applies to small dogs. A Corgi deciding that you need to be brought down is actually a problem. You're probably not going to die but it's going to hurt badly.

Cats are both simultaneously less of a threat than dogs and almost more of a threat because they are literal monsters.

That being said they're all fuzzies and I want to give them all the pets.

Undomesticated animals though? You don't fuck with them. Just, don't.

Even domesticated animals. A horse that wants to fuck your shit up can literally end your life. As can a cow.

A cat will scratch the crap out of you, but the infection is the worst you need to worry about there unless you're small enough it can go for the spine-severing bite (e.g. toddlers).

I see people cozying up to wild animals and go "get me the fuck away from that thing, it could wreck my shit."

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Anyone have any tips on how I could make my daily Starbucks run even MORE expensive?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Find a barista that sells cocaine

• Options
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Booooo sea lions boooo

Fuck sea lions.

Has the sea lion president decreed that they shouldn't eat themselves into famine yet? No?
    Just humans paying attention then?

Right.

Edit: and seals.

I mean the actual issues leading to sea lion boom/bust cycles are climate change and a lack of predators. But I just think it’s dumb how much time and effort and money goes into protecting a species which doing A-OK despite us.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Anyone have any tips on how I could make my daily Starbucks run even MORE expensive?

Add flavor shots, buy extra shots of espresso but get them as Caffè macchiatos then pour them in separately.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Leave your card and say, "Just pay it forward until it starts to decline."

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Drive a Lamborghini

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Drive a Lamborghini

With your tripple wand claws extended, one in each hand?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3042991/china-flight-systems-jammed-pig-farms-african-swine-fever
    A Chinese pig farm’s attempt to ward off drones – said to be spreading African swine fever – jammed the navigation systems of a number of planes flying overhead.

The farm, in northeastern China, was ordered last month to turn in an unauthorised anti-drone device installed to prevent criminal gangs dropping items infected with the disease, according to online news portal Thepaper.cn.

The device came to light after a series of flights to and from Harbin airport complained about losing GPS signals while flying over Zhaozhou county in Heilongjiang in late October. In some cases, the ADS-B tracking technology – which determines an aircraft’s position via satellite navigation – failed.
    Chinese state media reported last week that gangs were exploiting the African swine fever crisis by deliberately spreading the disease by using drones to drop infected items on to pig farms. The farmers are then forced to sell meat cheaply to the gangs, who then sell it on as healthy stock, according to China Comment magazine, which is affiliated to state news agency Xinhua.
    In more common cases, according to the magazine, the criminals spread rumours about the presence of the virus to achieve a cheap purchase price.
    That is some unbelievably crazy shit.

This discussion has been closed.