As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

wrestling thread: rollins 3:16 says i just licked your boot!

crwthcrwth THAT'S ITRegistered User regular
edited June 2019 in Social Entropy++
BREAK IT DOWN

8r7u7x094gvk.jpeg
a1vepfyjwq7q.jpeg
zsxzklwy5aqh.png
4lrw2gf33cwv.jpeg

let’s rassle

EzUAYcn.png
crwth on

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    A history teacher friend had a student write on a test, "I don't know, but X-Pac was a good wrestler."

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    That was a very bad episode of RAW. I wish they didn't think the Moment of Bliss segments were good because I'm sick of them, and it does the women no favours. Natalya has never been a good promo but saying you've been waiting for an opportunity? You're a WWE Superstar, why are you WAITING for an opportunity, you take it. Talk show segments in general tbh can do one, but there was like...3? Plus Drew lost again, pairing him Baron is doing him no favours, and Face Rollins and Face AJ have never been that interesting, so the pair of them fighting as faces isn't interesting either.

Becky was good as always.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    randy bo banders

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Bray is gold

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    A lot happened after page 99. So.

Before Raw, Fightful published a report saying Revival were offered 5-yr contracts for $500k a year each to stick around past their current expiration date of mid-2020. They declined
    Dave confirmed that, especially the declined part, and implied WWE was pissed
    WWE pulled this trash on-air with them that I’m not even letting embed here. Also post-Raw the dark segment was them coming out and getting their asses kicked by just Seth because of course
    Dave said on the early morning Observer Radio two more wrestlers in the WWE locker room have gone to him asking if they could get released by failing drug tests, and a third wrestler has already tried and failed a similar way out
    Sasha’s still not back, so she’s probably sitting out for a long time. (Tag champs had a match on Main Event btw)
    On top of all that PWInsider published an afternoon update that Lio Rush is no longer being used on Raw and is likely getting demoted back to NXT for bad behavior. (He got upset and complained to management when as the junior member of the Raw roster on an overseas tour he was told to carry coolers and drinks to the hotel for everyone and give everyone waters after their matches.)
    Anderson and Gallows’ contracts are also up this fall and they’re not re-signing either

• Options
    AEW hurry up etc.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I don't blame them, WWE is just holding them so no-one else can. They won't give people the chance to shine, and I see a lot of arguments that not everyone can be on TV every week with such a stacked roster, but at different times you had tonnes of bonafide superstars operating at the same time, like Rock/Austin/Mankind/Undertaker/Michaels or Hogan/Savage/Warrior/Ramon.

You can have people doing things, but they have to be meaningful things. Like the MITB, all the participants are just announced. When's the last time that people had to consistently earn a spot there or in the Rumble? It's just ordained that Corbin/McIntyre/Lashley and whoever was on the face side are your card now, they can lose to each other but everyone else is just fodder. And Samoa Joe lost a match again ffs.

The Good Brothers are the easiest example because the most obvious way to freshen AJ up and emulate something that at the time was hugely successful in Japan, was to pair the three of them up as a faction that could've harkened back to the better days of the NWO or the current days of UE. Instead they never did anything with them.

The product is just largely boring now, and Rollins having the Universal Title is making his matchup with AJ only marginally more interesting, because AJ won't win, and if he does who cares, because he's already a multi-time, long-reigning WWE Champion and the Universal Title is meaningless.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Vince McMahon retire bitch

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I watched the Kris Wolf Eve show where each match represented a moment of her life. It led to this great moment

dd4x3ly71zmg.jpeg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    The most recent Wrestlesplania has Kris Wolf guesting btw!

• Options
    my last job I had carry or fetch for things but I didn't mind because they were training me

Lio def doesn't need training

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    @crwth

i'm challenging you to a kennel from hell match

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ok i’m in

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I love that the kennel in a cell was going to be awful, no matter how it was executed, but that the biggest takeaway was that even scary-looking dogs are, in fact, very good boys. And that watching wrestling makes them poop.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    alright you get the dogs and i'll learn how to wrestle like dean malenko

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2019
    I’m still on the shelf with a shoulder issue so I ended up working music and doing color commentary for our most recent show Noche de Reyes, and it was a fucking banger. Easily the best show we’ve had. Crowd was hot af all night, every match went off with flying colors, and I got to make lots of puns.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    There was a team-turned-enemies match that was mostly comedy. The team of Leon Negro and Gringo Loco (called Two Bad Dudes) had a falling out after losing the tag belts.

The first half of the match was them doing the same moves to each other back and forth to try to outdo each other.

It ended in a no contest when both men failed to answer a 10 count after three successive double crotch kicks to each other.

Then they made up and hugged. The crowd called for them to kiss, so they did.

I was making Lion King jokes/puns throughout the match (y’know, because Leon is Spanish for Lion), and because I knew the outcome, I had a brilliant idea halfway through the match and cued up Can You Feel the Love Tonight to play at the end and it was just so damn perfect

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Also, apparently one of the lead game designers at ArenaNet was there for her first Lucha show and was live tweeting the whole thing and having just a hell of a time.

Oh and the first match featured a dude doing a Swanton and accidentally hitting a pipe in the ceiling in the process, causing a leak, and some sudden repairs of trying to jam it back into place and cover up the hole in the ceiling with gaffer tape

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Here’s the tweet thread which has some decent video clips

BLM - ACAB
  • Options

Kimber Lee has announced that she's two months sober.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Tam is so fucking good.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Jon Moxley is back

I'm legit surprised, I thought he was gonna retire

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    see i had a feeling he would either never wrestle again or immediately wrestle again, but nothing in between.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Given his return video actually has like

Production values

I'm assuming he's gonna be showing up at either AEW or NJPW soon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The tally marks made me legit think that he was teaming up with Jay White for a sec.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    surprise! he's going back to tna!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    surprise! he's going back to tna!
    I said it had production values

(I know Impact is apparently pretty good now but it's still cheap as hell)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    in my heart of hearts, i want to imagine he spent his own money making this himself to announce he'll be making the indie rounds

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Renee: "*sigh* Babe you're between jobs right now..."
    Jon: "I know, but just this once, I promise. It'll be awesome."
    Renee: "I'm holding you to that."

• Options
    so Lesnar retired from MMA

hopefully he doesn't get the wrestling itch again

• Options
    also Dean Ambrose is the worst name in history so I'm glad that is over with

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    so Lesnar retired from MMA

hopefully he doesn't get the wrestling itch again

Boo, I wanted Cormier to beat him.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Come on Moxley, go to Japan and fight Masashi Takeda.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    It’s a work? Maybe?

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
  • Options

Fightful confirmed it and Dave's going to talk about it more in the morning/newsletter likely

Dawson will be out of WWE two months earlier than Dash next year despite both having had injuries in the company

This discussion has been closed.