As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

May is over and so are [movies]

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
edited June 2019 in Social Entropy++
seriously, it's ridiculous, this month is a threatening gauntlet of cinema

3cl1ps3 on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have it on good authority that there are movies coming out in other months than just May.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I have it on good authority that there are movies coming out in other months than just May.

prove it you fuckin' liar

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Bullshit!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

what a nightmare!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ugh I still really want to see Shazam

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Shazam kicks ass

I can't imagine it wont make my top 10 this year

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

You should, it's good!

• Options
    gonna see what the lady thinks about seeing it this weekend

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2019

Your lady said to shut up!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options

Shazam kicks ass

I can't imagine it wont make my top 10 this year

It'll probably make my top ten.

But I'm not sure I'm going to see more than ten movies this year, so that's not really a feat I realize.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I got my ticket for Detective Pikachu tomorrow night

• Options

vera said that?

• Options

vera said that?

Thank you.

• Options
    I'm here for you, bud

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I didn't end up liking Shazam as much as I was expecting. It wasn't boring or bad, but maybe my expectations were unreasonably high after having seen Spiderman Into the Multiverse and Thor Ragnarok for the first time in the previous few months and really having liked those.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I've only seen 3 2019 movies but I always start slow.

By the end of the year I'll have seen at least 50

• Options
    I was looking up stuff about The Thing, and noticed that it got nominated in the golden raspberries that year for worst score

the razzies really are complete bullshit, aren't they

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yup. And always have been

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The razzies just dump on whatever was popularly considered bad

The only thing good thats literally ever come from them was sandra bullock dunking on them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The Razzies and CinemaSins should just go into a hole and be forgotten about by society.

• Options
    Those long, fantastic, takedowns of Cinima Sins almost justify the existence of Cinima Sins.

Almost.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I forgot to say that I watched The Bye Bye Man recently. Boy that's a really weird type of failure.

Most of the time it give off the feel of a student film, which is kind of endearing and puts you into a generous headspace. There's all kind of special effects fuckups, weird performance choices and other strangeness that leads you to go "aww, they're trying super hard". And then like, Carrie-Ann Moss shows up, and you're reminded that oh shit, this movie had like a 20 million dollar budget and it's a professional production.

They never set up The Bye Bye Man as a character at all! The core idea of "even knowing his name or thinking about him is bad shit" has potential and then they do nothing with it! Early on it even seems like they know that it's a stupid name but then they forget that it's a stupid name. He has a bunch of totally random details that never tie in to anything at look, like his very bad PS1 dog and coins that do... something or some shit.

I think it deserves more attention as a bad movie because it's not often that a movie this wildly amateurish makes it into wide release. I don't know how it even got picked up as a script, because the script isn't even first-draft good.

• Options
    Those long, fantastic, takedowns of Cinima Sins almost justify the existence of Cinima Sins.

Almost.

That's true, without CinemaSins we would probably not have gotten CinemaWins, which is a delightful channel.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I forgot to say that I watched The Bye Bye Man recently. Boy that's a really weird type of failure.

Most of the time it give off the feel of a student film, which is kind of endearing and puts you into a generous headspace. There's all kind of special effects fuckups, weird performance choices and other strangeness that leads you to go "aww, they're trying super hard". And then like, Carrie-Ann Moss shows up, and you're reminded that oh shit, this movie had like a 20 million dollar budget and it's a professional production.

They never set up The Bye Bye Man as a character at all! The core idea of "even knowing his name or thinking about him is bad shit" has potential and then they do nothing with it! Early on it even seems like they know that it's a stupid name but then they forget that it's a stupid name. He has a bunch of totally random details that never tie in to anything at look, like his very bad PS1 dog and coins that do... something or some shit.

I think it deserves more attention as a bad movie because it's not often that a movie this wildly amateurish makes it into wide release. I don't know how it even got picked up as a script, because the script isn't even first-draft good.

It did get a delightful dunking by Kris Straub, though!

20170104_peepee-590x210.png

• Options
    So do they even explain what the bye-bye man's deal is? That's my favorite part of supernatural killer flicks!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Yup. And always have been

https://www.cracked.com/article_24629_4-reasons-razzies-suck-even-more-than-oscars.html

I know cracked and all, but it's to the point

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think I’ve only actually seen three 2019 movies so far. Which is ridiculous for me.

Us was excellent, High Flying Bird was great, and Paddeton was charming if uneven.

There is a fuckin ton of movies coming out soon that I’m looking forward to, but outside of a bunch of blockbusters I’m not interested in, it’s been a slow year so far. Last year, several of my favourites were out by this point.

• Options
    So do they even explain what the bye-bye man's deal is? That's my favorite part of supernatural killer flicks!

They never explain his deal. His power is that if you know about him he can make you hallucinate and there seems to be some inconsistent thing where he makes you want to tell people about him. Otherwise his deal is never explained.

The very first scene is a (badly done) oner that follows a guy walking through his neighbourhood with a shotgun killing everyone who knows about The Bye Bye Man before killing himself which is a pretty chilling idea that made me think this movie might have legs. They never match that again, everything else is really dumb and unimaginative.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Bye Bye Man was written by a multi-season Survivor contestant

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

yikes

• Options

They never explain his deal. His power is that if you know about him he can make you hallucinate and there seems to be some inconsistent thing where he makes you want to tell people about him. Otherwise his deal is never explained.

The very first scene is a (badly done) oner that follows a guy walking through his neighbourhood with a shotgun killing everyone who knows about The Bye Bye Man before killing himself which is a pretty chilling idea that made me think this movie might have legs. They never match that again, everything else is really dumb and unimaginative.

Isn't that vaugely the plot of Freddy vs Jason. The town quaratines everyone who's had contact with Freddy and gives them pills that make them not dream. Nobody who knows about him is able to dream, and everyone else doesn't know about him so they don't fear him so he has no power over them.

• Options

Isn't that vaugely the plot of Freddy vs Jason. The town quaratines everyone who's had contact with Freddy and gives them pills that make them not dream. Nobody who knows about him is able to dream, and everyone else doesn't know about him so they don't fear him so he has no power over them.

This is basically correct

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have an autographed copy of the bye bye man on blu ray because i subscribe to horror pack

that's my the bye bye man story

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I would watch a movie with the rough outline of the bye bye man if it weren't called the bye bye man

it is impossible to take seriously

• Options

I can't believe that gave someone enough juice to get a movie made

• Options
    I'm still waiting for the sequel

The See You Later Alligator

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

i have always liked when the elm street movies would go to ridiculous extremes with regard to quarantining their dream demon

freddy's dead isn't a good movie, but i adore the weird post-apocalyptic springwood that hadn't had children in it for decades

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Ah I see you've been reading my pitch to bring back Zoo

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Ah I see you've been reading my pitch to bring back Zoo

I'm starting a gofundme for it

• Options

I can't believe that gave someone enough juice to get a movie made

that's a good instinct because he was already established as a writer and actor before that

This discussion has been closed.