So we've been cleaning up the backyard of all the dead leaves and stuff that have been accumulating since last year, and my little sister thinks she found some morels- you know, the wrinkly mushrooms that people go and hunt? She's all dead-set about cooking them up and trying them out. I'm a little more on the side of "Hey, let's be extra careful what kinds of random yard fungus we put in our mouths, yes?"- mostly because I've never seen a morel myself in my life, and that Bad Things can happen and there are some terribly nasty mushrooms out there.
By the time I got to them, she'd already cut them in half, and the half-open one had a little black speckling around the inside of the top.
So what do you guys think? Throw them in the trash, or toss them in a pan?