As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Enlong wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Falcon Mount is the big get here, as it was the reward from the subscription time thing they were going to replace veteran rewards with. And then I guess scrapped?

Everything else besides the earrings is still available in game, I believe. Just kinda grindy. So I'd definitely prioritize the Falcon if you don't have it.

That being said, the orchestrion rolls are apparently Aquapolos drops, which is not particularly easy to access content so those are a good get too.

The job mastery firework is unique to this, isn’t it?

But then, it’s just a firework.

Yeah you're right. But it's only one tomestone for 10, so not really something to plan ahead for.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Falcon Mount is the big get here, as it was the reward from the subscription time thing they were going to replace veteran rewards with. And then I guess scrapped?

Everything else besides the earrings is still available in game, I believe. Just kinda grindy. So I'd definitely prioritize the Falcon if you don't have it.

That being said, the orchestrion rolls are apparently Aquapolos drops, which is not particularly easy to access content so those are a good get too.

Answers is craftable...if you get rare drops from T5, T9, and T13. This is much easier.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I want to get the other two mounts but The Feast is so demoralizing

Yeah, it was much easier back when it was an 8v8 mess. I got most of my wins around 4.0 release while the xp was really good. Basically 50/50 which team had more leeches.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

the job mastery emote looks like it is from FFXI where you get the 3 stars over your head when you finish grinding out job points for a class.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Tcheldor wrote: »

the job mastery emote looks like it is from FFXI where you get the 3 stars over your head when you finish grinding out job points for a class.

Which is a reference to FFV, where upon reaching the maximum level for a job, its icon in the job change menu would have 3 stars over the sprite’s head.

Probably why they picked Blue Mage for the screenshot, as FFV introduced Blue Magic to the series.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Roegadyn
    I can think of lots of things weirder than that in FFXIV actually

Javen on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Miqo'te
    someone once told me the deep lore for the au'ra is that they're not even dragon people, they're half succubus/voidsent or something? basically tieflings?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    Javen wrote: »
    I can think of lots of things weirder than that in FFXIV actually

Greg.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    someone once told me the deep lore for the au'ra is that they're not even dragon people, they're half succubus/voidsent or something? basically tieflings?

Hadn't heard that theory before. I don't know much about Au'ra besides them living in fantasy Japan or Mongolia and that the horns are their ears. Plus the lore attached to the xaela clans.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    I have to grant this theory that their scaly and horn bits look an awful lot like the scaly and horn bits on the succubus model

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    Skeith wrote: »

Hadn't heard that theory before. I don't know much about Au'ra besides them living in fantasy Japan or Mongolia and that the horns are their ears. Plus the lore attached to the xaela clans.

It's explicit that they're not related to dragons, but beyond that I don't know that there's anything definitive.

Now, one item of interest though... (Alexander spoilers)
    There's a stable time loop for one subgroup of them, as it's strongly implied the pair involved in the Alexander raid storyline are their own ancestors.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

It's explicit that they're not related to dragons, but beyond that I don't know that there's anything definitive.

Now, one item of interest though... (Alexander spoilers)
    There's a stable time loop for one subgroup of them, as it's strongly implied the pair involved in the Alexander raid storyline are their own ancestors.

Yea them being completely unrelated to dragons comes up in some HW quests and how Ishgard is super racist to them because they kinda look like dragons.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the au ra are descended from either allagans tempered by bahamut, or people with levels of influence from the void

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    So, just hit the level 45 class quests on my crafting jobs (again).

YXugoUp.jpg

Garland Tools is so much better than calculating materials manually in Notepad for things like this, but just wondering if there's a calculator even more convenient than this out there that I don't know about yet.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    So, just hit the level 45 class quests on my crafting jobs (again).

YXugoUp.jpg

Garland Tools is so much better than calculating materials manually in Notepad for things like this, but just wondering if there's a calculator even more convenient than this out there that I don't know about yet.

I like https://ffxivcrafting.com/ a lot myself.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    my crafting site of choice is https://ffxivteamcraft.com/

its built-in gathering map/timer list system is extremely useful for anyone trying to be self-sufficient and acquire their own components

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    We need to rename the thread title either MSQR queue is my home or MSQueue is my home because MSQ queue is a nightmare to read

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    We need to rename the thread title either MSQR queue is my home or MSQueue is my home because MSQ queue is a nightmare to read

Please enter your PIN number in the ATM machine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au'Ra

I read it as a joke about qq like the ancient meme

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Q stands for quest!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    That’s not the issue

MSQ Q

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

I read it as a joke about qq like the ancient meme

pxCB73j.jpg

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Q stands for quest!

That's not how you mentally read it though

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    is q an ascian?

welcome to game theory

• Options
    Qin7hmT.jpg

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Miqo'te
    Urianger that is not fashion, that is a bathrobe

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Radius wrote: »

Looks fine to me

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Radius wrote: »

They're just lucky they got him out of the dorm at all

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Moenbryda! I don't see her mentioned among the fanbase that often. Depicting her hanging with Urianger is perfect.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    my crafting site of choice is https://ffxivteamcraft.com/

its built-in gathering map/timer list system is extremely useful for anyone trying to be self-sufficient and acquire their own components

For pure resource alarm clock I like to use https://www.ffxivclock.com. It's as simple as select any resource and it will play a sound queue whenever it's time for that resource to spawn.

• Options

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    nidhonkk is a very good name for that

Adus on
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    n.... nice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular