As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Are there really mod drop chance boosters now, or is Warframe reddit just being spastic?

They're listed as one of the things you get from the atlas prime Prime Accessories bundle.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Crazod wrote: »
    New Emissary Boss Fight is a go. Drops a new weapon too, infested glaive. Also Oct 13th is the end date for this current season of Nightwave so still time to get what you need from it.

Also the boss fight will become a permanent node after nightwave ends.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Are there really mod drop chance boosters now, or is Warframe reddit just being spastic?

They're listed as one of the things you get from the atlas prime Prime Accessories bundle.

So, it's likely more of a one-off kind of thing and not a regular offering? Or at best/worst it'll be a Baro thing?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Took Gauss out of the oven today and boy is he silly fun. Very glad I saved my last potato for him. Thanks again for the materials, @tastydonuts

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Took Gauss out of the oven today and boy is he silly fun. Very glad I saved my last potato for him. Thanks again for the materials, tastydonuts

np, you have fun going fast!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Oh my fucking glob, that new Tennogen whip skin name. I can't fucking even :lol:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Funnily enough Gauss doesn't feel as fast as Volt. Instead he's the warframe version of the Itzal. That burst move is really nice (leading to a much more agile parkour game), but it's a clumsy way of moving fast over distances (Wukong is a much faster frame overall IMHO except on the plains). However, Gauss real powerhouse is his Thermal Sunder. Those bubbles are so nice for softening up incoming swarms, especially if you have an AoE status gun dealing cold damage (so that you can freeze enemies).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Gauss is like the polar opposite of how a having a maxed out Volt in the squad made me very quickly fucking hate Volt because now when I face-plant into walls it's fun instead of infuriating.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    TBH, even though he's not the fastest overall, I still prefer Rhino when I want to go fast. You just throw on his 2 and sprint, no muss no fuss

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WONDERFUL PHERLIAC

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "Thanks. I really needed that 5th pathocyst blade before you give me any other components"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    *eyetwitch*

Burn.
    Them.
    All.

Funny thing. My Operator is usually fairly even-tempered; she's been a pretty solid middle/neutral/control in all the moral choices so far. She sides with Steel Meridian in protecting those who need it, and with the Arbiters and Suda in looking beyond the belief that all Tenno are good for is fighting. She has little use for the Red Veil, despite them being nominally allied to SM, because (and I quote) "they're assholes."
    But there is one thing that does make her (mostly) abandon reason and judgment, and go right for the cleansing fire.
    Go on. Guess.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    *eyetwitch*

Burn.
    Them.
    All.

Funny thing. My Operator is usually fairly even-tempered; she's been a pretty solid middle/neutral/control in all the moral choices so far. She sides with Steel Meridian in protecting those who need it, and with the Arbiters and Suda in looking beyond the belief that all Tenno are good for is fighting. She has little use for the Red Veil, despite them being nominally allied to SM, because (and I quote) "they're assholes."
    But there is one thing that does make her (mostly) abandon reason and judgment, and go right for the cleansing fire.
    Go on. Guess.

Y'know...
    I was initially a little sad because I was like "man, there's sorta good-guy versions of the Grineer and Corpus, why nothing for the Infested? why turn around and backstab us like that?"

and then I realized that actually *we* are the Good Guy Infested. It's us. :|

(I guess we are *also* the Good Guy Void-Touched)

But yeah my Operator is on the same page here. They were initially like "I dunno, let's see how it plays out, maybe some Infested strain has decided to be symbiotic, it's happened before!" and now they're like "ORDIS, WHERE'S MY IGNIS WRAITH."

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    *eyetwitch*

Burn.
    Them.
    All.

Go on. Guess.

Y'know...
    I was initially a little sad because I was like "man, there's sorta good-guy versions of the Grineer and Corpus, why nothing for the Infested? why turn around and backstab us like that?"

But yeah my Operator is on the same page here. They were initially like "I dunno, let's see how it plays out, maybe some Infested strain has decided to be symbiotic, it's happened before!" and now they're like "ORDIS, WHERE'S MY IGNIS WRAITH."
    I mean, most of the infested weapons we get are if not exactly symbiotic, they're inert. Hell, the Hema has a pretty symbiotic mechanic with the blood sucking and all. The new Pathocyst doesn't, but it poops out maggots and has tiny lil shrimp legs and kinda reminds me of the Alien 3 box art. It's cute :3

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Curtailing farming methods that have been in the game for years and then selling mod drop chance boosters has more than a little of the whiff of EA/Activision sliminess.

DE has so far been pretty ethical with its microtransaction policy, but that's fucked. Even if it's a one-time thing, that's maximum sleaze.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    What farming method did they curtail?

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

Nothing meaningful that I know of, all the farming methods I have used are still extant. Many of them are more effective with newer more lucrative nodes, for things like neural sensors and focus points.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

Nothing meaningful that I know of, all the farming methods I have used are still extant. Many of them are more effective with newer more lucrative nodes, for things like neural sensors and focus points.

Something about Nekros's desecrate not working on a mob that has already been affected by Hydroid's, Atlas', or Khora's farming abilities. I forget the exact details. It's not a big deal, tbh

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »

Something about Nekros's desecrate not working on a mob that has already been affected by Hydroid's, Atlas', or Khora's farming abilities. I forget the exact details. It's not a big deal, tbh

that's actually fairly large for farming mats, especially potato seeds

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    *eyetwitch*

Burn.
    Them.
    All.

Go on. Guess.

Y'know...

In theory, the Myconians manage to live "in symbiosis" with the Infested, but as I refuse to actually do the Glast Gambit - as it is all about three things I personally abhor, the other two being "the Index" (not a moral objection, I just hate doing it) and "working with Perrin" (eh, half and half) - I remain dubious. Also it seems, from my reading, that a pretty essential component of that way of life is #%$*ing over the innocent, which (as the Lotus points out) is something that was done to us
    and now, it seems, to her as well).
    And since "protecting the innocent" is a pretty big reason why I like Steel Meridian, and don't like the Red Veil...

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Any new story stuff to do since the Ropalolyst dropped?

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    *eyetwitch*

Burn.
    Them.
    All.

Go on. Guess.

Y'know...

I had an idea a while back for one of the new open world areas DE could add to the game. Basically, the actual open world area itself is giant infestation hive, and the town would be a research station where a group of scientists are studying the hive.

When you do conservation missions, you are conserving benign infested instead of animals. When you go fishing, you are gathering aquatic infested specimens. When you are mining, you are cutting organs like hearts and lungs out of the biochemical walls of the hive. When you run bounties, you are culling the hive's numbers so they don't amass enough drones to overtake the station.

• Options
    Just got boned out of rewards on both my Nightwave assassinations tonight. First one just didn't drop any parts, and the second time I loaded in and couldn't move. Had yo wait for my teammates to finish and force extraction.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    You know what's fun, when you go into a nightwave assassination in order to try to get the new glaive thing, and it instead loads you into a mobile defense mission but you've spent the key anyway.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Curtailing farming methods that have been in the game for years and then selling mod drop chance boosters has more than a little of the whiff of EA/Activision sliminess.

DE has so far been pretty ethical with its microtransaction policy, but that's fucked. Even if it's a one-time thing, that's maximum sleaze.

Anyone who would pay platinum for a mod drop chance booster instead of just buying the specific mod they want directly from another player is an all day sucker.

If DE ever stops supporting the secondary market, I'll be right there with you. But until then, gamblers have only themselves to blame.

• Options
    Huh, I think maybe you can't go past 30 bonus ranks in Nightwave. I'm at 10,000/10,000 points but it didn't increase to 31.

• Options
    ...okay, I'm starting to disbelieve the whole "all pieces of the pathocyst have the same drop chance" thing. I have 6 BPs, 1 body, and 0 blades.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    ...okay, I'm starting to disbelieve the whole "all pieces of the pathocyst have the same drop chance" thing. I have 6 BPs, 1 body, and 0 blades.
    I mean, I've got 6 bodies, 1 bp, 1 blade, so with our sample size of two, it's not the bp being the lone common drop.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options

The RNG loves you.

Were those seven attempts around the same time of day or in a single session?

• Options

The RNG loves you.

Were those seven attempts around the same time of day or in a single session?

I mean, roughly same times of day? The evenings are when I play, so probably inside the same 4-5 hour band in different days.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    You win some and you lose some with RNG. Most recently when doing the disruption weapons to get the two Gauss weapons I got 6 or 7 BPs for the secondary before I saw one for the primary.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Took me 5 runs to get the Pathocyst parts, so I gave away the extra subcortex this morning to someone looking to buy it. RNG loves me the best! :D

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »

So Baro is an option as I speculated.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    We are restoring the loot mechanics to what they were before The Jovian Concord - Warframe Loot Abilities will again be able to yield multiple-drops from already looted corpses.

good

it was a bad change

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Nekros and Hydroid are back on the menu.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Got my phegiac sac BP, missing pathocyst blade and the final kavat code I needed for the incubator (off a single scan).

I assume I will be made to pay for this, but for now the RNG is with me.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    There we go, Pathocyst is building, I am freeeee of that grind. Unless Eris finally boils over like Nora's cutscenes keep threatening at, I am done with this nightwave, just need to remember to cash out before the end.

• Options
    Be aware that pathocyst may not appear in your foundry queue on the companion app. I was confused this morning, but when I logged into WF it was building just fine.

Currently Playing:
This discussion has been closed.