Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    How much does it cost for shadow clans? I'm wondering if I can just fund the whole thing myself when it comes out on the Switch.

Well, thank goodness this hasn't dropped on consoles Switch yet since the way they have the design specs setup for dojos is ... taxing. I've had to rethink my plans at least three times now due to something NOT fitting where it CLEARLY should be able to regardless if I have the capacity and energy or not. I may have found a way forward when something actually fit where I thought it wouldn't ... go figure. I have a couple of rooms to shift around and then I can start rebuilding proper.

Also, from what I can tell the dry dock is HUGE ... I mean ... like magnitudes larger than any other rooms huge. I was watching a streamer and he was having hell getting it to fit where he wanted. He's not a patient guy and got frustrated then started destroying things and cursing. I also realize that it seems the dry dock extends both upwards and downwards so you'll have to be mindful of what is on the floor above ... and MAYBE the floor below.

I also know I shouldn't invest any platinum in rushing clan rooms to the finish but ... it's tempting. I may just do that so that I can make sure and get everything back in order before Rising Tides drops on Switch. Then again like I said before we may have several weeks. I'm on vacation anyway so I'll keep plugging away.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    How much does it cost for shadow clans? I'm wondering if I can just fund the whole thing myself when it comes out on the Switch.

Well, thank goodness this hasn't dropped on consoles Switch yet since the way they have the design specs setup for dojos is ... taxing. I've had to rethink my plans at least three times now due to something NOT fitting where it CLEARLY should be able to regardless if I have the capacity and energy or not. I may have found a way forward when something actually fit where I thought it wouldn't ... go figure. I have a couple of rooms to shift around and then I can start rebuilding proper.

Also, from what I can tell the dry dock is HUGE ... I mean ... like magnitudes larger than any other rooms huge. I was watching a streamer and he was having hell getting it to fit where he wanted. He's not a patient guy and got frustrated then started destroying things and cursing. I also realize that it seems the dry dock extends both upwards and downwards so you'll have to be mindful of what is on the floor above ... and MAYBE the floor below.

I also know I shouldn't invest any platinum in rushing clan rooms to the finish but ... it's tempting. I may just do that so that I can make sure and get everything back in order before Rising Tides drops on Switch. Then again like I said before we may have several weeks. I'm on vacation anyway so I'll keep plugging away.

Can you just wedge it in the bottom somewhere, like I did with the gratuitous observatory thing?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Don't bother rushing it. There a decent materials grind involved once you start the quest anyways. I just did a 45 minute survival on Ceres and literally didn't get a single drop of the new resource I need to start building the first part of the quest.

I'm operating under the theory that it's just bugged in some way because watching the devstream today I got the impression this was very much rushed out the door.

But that doesn't really make the frustration with wasting almost an hour any less.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Don't bother rushing it. There a decent materials grind involved once you start the quest anyways. I just did a 45 minute survival on Ceres and literally didn't get a single drop of the new resource I need to start building the first part of the quest.

I'm operating under the theory that it's just bugged in some way because watching the devstream today I got the impression this was very much rushed out the door.

But that doesn't really make the frustration with wasting almost an hour any less.

The problem is only the shipyard tileset on Ceres counts. I got a fair number off the invasions for mutagens last night since those were the defense map.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Can you just wedge it in the bottom somewhere, like I did with the gratuitous observatory thing?

It's bigger than the observatory. Like, 2-3 times as big.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    To get in on the kuva lich thing I first have to crack a bunch of the new relics, right?

• Options
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    To get in on the kuva lich thing I first have to crack a bunch of the new relics, right?

Yeah, you'll want to collect most of the parazon mods - although it's pretty easy to swap them with people to get the ones you need it's nice to just already have 5-6 of them or so.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Double Affinity is live this weekend, and it stacks with the Bioster from The Old Blood, so a basic bitch Grineer on Hydron is worth over 1K XP. Good time to Forma those weapons and frames you've been putting off.

Also, Kitgun question: I wanna build a Rattleguts, and I understand the Slap loader is pretty excellent - but I don't wanna wait to grind to Cove to buy it (I'm 10k from Doer) Is there another loader that would serve for now? Maybe the Stich?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Double Affinity is live this weekend, and it stacks with the Bioster from The Old Blood, so a basic bitch Grineer on Hydron is worth over 1K XP. Good time to Forma those weapons and frames you've been putting off.

Also, Kitgun question: I wanna build a Rattleguts, and I understand the Slap loader is pretty excellent - but I don't wanna wait to grind to Cove to buy it (I'm 10k from Doer) Is there another loader that would serve for now? Maybe the Stich?

In all honesty... you're going to want to get to OId Mate for the arcanes anyways. Did you mean Splat, btw? For raw crit or status you really want those highest tier loaders.

The rep grind is pretty easy if you just do conservation runs, though the debt bonds can be a pain.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Sortie Condition: Melee Only

*looks at Titiana floating in the background*

Ok yeah, sure, you got it :+1:

Sortie Condition: Melee Only
    Twokong: Laughs in Tigris Prime

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Any weapon only sortie is an excuse to bring out exalted weapons and laugh.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

In all honesty... you're going to want to get to OId Mate for the arcanes anyways. Did you mean Splat, btw? For raw crit or status you really want those highest tier loaders.

The rep grind is pretty easy if you just do conservation runs, though the debt bonds can be a pain.
    Yes, I did mean Splat.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    For all those PC Tenno farming for resources, I found this Just now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSQGDrqiXT4
    then came in here and see that is what everyone is talking about anyway LOL.

Edit: Also, just found this: crn3cukvpxar.jpg ... for the actual railjack

Also, Yeah that dry dock is big so it won't fit next to (or even maybe under and over) certain things. Edit 2: According to what I'm seeing/reading/hearing it needs open space one floor below and one floor above for the entire footprint or it won't fit. The Switch clan doesn't have that many active players so once the update does drop please feel free to farm and donate resources from the locations in that video above.

Also also, I was talking about rushing regular dojo rooms (NOT the dry dock) since I'm currently re-organizing the entire dojo and have to move things around (Destroy and Re-Build) a bunch just to get my vision done. It's annoying that once you destroy a room you have to wait two hours and then each major room outside of hallways and, I believe reactors, takes 24 hours. I'm taking my time for now since this probably won't drop on the Switch for another couple of weeks. I should be done by then.

dipuc4life on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So, uh, I don't play much lately, but how can I contribute to the PC clan building when people decide to start building this stuff?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, uh, I don't play much lately, but how can I contribute to the PC clan building when people decide to start building this stuff?

The clan contributions are done for now - that list in that image is individual :rotate:

I think we had all the clan stuff done within 6 hours or so. There will probably be more when the next update hits I guess.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to do a bunch of index, I'm almost out of credits and I've only started the fuselage

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to do a bunch of index, I'm almost out of credits and I've only started the fuselage

With fractures running, you might be better off doing Profit Taker once the credit bonus is going.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    That is many credits.

Edit: HOLY SHIT finally a use for fieldron samples/detonite ampules! I have like, 30k of the stupid fucking things.

Editx2: Someone yell at me when the hangar update hits Xbox, I'll kick off construction. I'm pretty sure there's a space to put it.

dporowski on
  • Options
    I notice that that list doesn't include mutagen samples.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    That is many credits.

Edit: HOLY SHIT finally a use for fieldron samples/detonite ampules! I have like, 30k of the stupid fucking things.

Editx2: Someone yell at me when the hangar update hits Xbox, I'll kick off construction. I'm pretty sure there's a space to put it.

You mean besides making more of the corpus/grineer lab mats?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    That is many credits.

Given the time, it's easier to just do fortuna bounties or invasions for those

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    That is many credits.

I made 3. Between the replication cost of BPs and the crafting cost, it's better to just do invasions for 'em; I'm not paying 30k credits per all told to craft something.

Edit: Yeah, that'd put the Arca Plasmor at 175k credits crafting cost. Just not worth it, you know?

Edit x2: Oh damn, the Ocucor would be north of 250k!

dporowski on
  • Options
    Huh. Tether Grenades go in the weapon exilus slot of my Secura Penta. It’s Forma time. We’re making this build happen.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I love the quadruple affinity I'm getting right now. Yes. It is actually a Double Affinity Weekend but I hit my Double Affinity reward in nightwave a day before the weekend hit without knowing that a Double Affinity weekend was here. And I'm reaping the benefits of that timing with a Quad Affinity Weekend. It actually worked out in my favor that I didn't start the nightwave intermission when it dropped.

Also, I've leveled up so many things over the last couple of nights and still have about ~20hours of quad affinity left then double affinity for the remainder of the weekend bonus. I'm gonna have to start building more weapons to sit in my inventory until the next double weekend.

Finally, why does it take 24 hours to build/re-build a trading post? Does it also take 24 hours to build all the other decorations? ... If that's the case I'm even more impressed when people/clans win those design competitions. Then again some of these clans rush things like crazy which I'm sure DE LOVES. I'm like seriously, the game will tell you nothing, as usual, leaving you to either spend platinum or wait. IMO decorations should take an hour at the most to build and not take the same amount of time as an entire room. Build an entire Grandest Hall ... 24 hours, build a Corpus Crate ... 24 hours.

dipuc4life on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

The clan contributions are done for now - that list in that image is individual :rotate:

I think we had all the clan stuff done within 6 hours or so. There will probably be more when the next update hits I guess.

Oh. Where did we build it, then? I didn't see it when I visited the dojo.

EDIT: Found it, seems to be next to the basement barracks teleporter. Though the only research I could grab seemed to be the Cephalon. I assume either I need to moake this first or the other bits are still in research.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Oh. Where did we build it, then? I didn't see it when I visited the dojo.

EDIT: Found it, seems to be next to the basement barracks teleporter. Though the only research I could grab seemed to be the Cephalon. I assume either I need to moake this first or the other bits are still in research.

Yup you have to build the Cephalon first and then you start the quest.

• Options
    Given that the Switch clan obviously won't be getting the Hema bp anytime soon, and I have a 75% off coupon that's actively rotting away, I'm halfway tempted to just buy a Hema with plat.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I'm making use of the affinity by doing some focus grinding, since I find that shit interminable without.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Given that the Switch clan obviously won't be getting the Hema bp anytime soon, and I have a 75% off coupon that's actively rotting away, I'm halfway tempted to just buy a Hema with plat.

Hey, if you wanna make some runs to get some mutagen samples I would assist. We could work towards that because honestly, the only time I remember is when I go into that lab to get something then I realize that the research for that is not 'Done' yet. Then I invariably donate every sample that I have which barely makes a dent. Farming that is ... one of those things that are unnecessarily hard ... for no real reason.

Although if you have a hole burning in your pocket with the coupon and nothing else to spend it on I would say go ahead. I'll plug away whenever I remember. Which reminds me that I have platinum sitting in my account waiting for a 75% discount so that I can buy one of the frames on my "Eff Dat, I'm not farming that" list. That 75% discount coupon eludes me to no end. I've gotten several of the lower ones but RNG/DE does not want me to spend my platinum. They got the cash for it already so give me my discounts so that I can get what I WANT.

dipuc4life on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    My first lich is corrosive immune and I think it'll be the last toxic-based one I make. Holy shit does he suck. Any tips for damaging this fucking thing? Also surviving it. Tried oberon for the hallowed ground immunity against the radiation but that was hit and miss (and then the fucker bugged out when we got him down on a knee and I couldn't stab him).

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    My first lich is corrosive immune and I think it'll be the last toxic-based one I make. Holy shit does he suck. Any tips for damaging this fucking thing? Also surviving it. Tried oberon for the hallowed ground immunity against the radiation but that was hit and miss (and then the fucker bugged out when we got him down on a knee and I couldn't stab him).

Valkyr and be invincible. Rhino and be invincible. Mesa and kill him fast from across the room.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I usually use Mesa for killing liches, I mod her regulators for whatever element the lich is weak to and they die very fast.

Revenant is another good choice, you are functionally immortal while mesmer skin is up so you can bop the lich with whatever crit weapon you like. I've seen people recommend the Fragor Prime heavy-attack build for this.

• Options
    To be fair, Valkyr is basically my default option for everything.

• Options
    I thought I was about to finish the weekly for bounties in Orb Vallis, and found that not only could I not start the door hack for the last phase of the bounty, but the game didn’t record the completion of my fourth bounty for the challenge. Ugh. Affinity Early Christmas has been good to me, so I’m not that bend out of shape. But I guess I’ll go back to not caring abut these bounty challenges when they show up in Nightwave.

• Options
    Just for kicks, I decided to pop a Grustrag Three beacon. Probably a waste of resources, but eh, whatever. Asked in recruiting chat if anyone else wanted in, got one response.

Pulled a Brakk bp, barrel, and two receivers out of it. Huh.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Just for kicks, I decided to pop a Grustrag Three beacon. Probably a waste of resources, but eh, whatever. Asked in recruiting chat if anyone else wanted in, got one response.

Pulled a Brakk bp, barrel, and two receivers out of it. Huh.

might want to avoid any thunderstorms.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Day 150 login. Orokin Reactor and a 3-day Affinity Booster? Don't mind if I do.

It's gonna be weird going back to regular Affinity gain.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    For all those PC Tenno farming for resources, I found this Just now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSQGDrqiXT4
    then came in here and see that is what everyone is talking about anyway LOL.

Edit: Also, just found this: crn3cukvpxar.jpg ... for the actual railjack

I'm just quoting this because I was about to post the same thing only to realize you edited it in after I saw the original post.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    I usually use Mesa for killing liches, I mod her regulators for whatever element the lich is weak to and they die very fast.

Revenant is another good choice, you are functionally immortal while mesmer skin is up so you can bop the lich with whatever crit weapon you like. I've seen people recommend the Fragor Prime heavy-attack build for this.

They can have weaknesses? Fuck me that would have been nice.

Killed it, thanks for the tips, guys. Valkyr allowed me to survive but it still took like 10 minutes because I couldn't damage him enough before the invulnerability wore off and I'd have to kite him while my energy came back.

When I initially learned about the system, I thought you'd expend a charge on the mods every time you tried to stab your lich. I was immensely relieved to learn it's only on kills. Still a lot of RNG involved in the whole thing, but that would have been a nightmare.

• Options
    I've only had one lich that horrifically tough to kill. The rest all lost half a health bar to a slide attack even at rank 5.

This discussion has been closed.