As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Samsung S HP-za10K UHD Video Pack Not Recognized by Windows

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
Whenever I bought my last TV it came with this "Samsung UHD Video Pack" - which was a 1TB external HD with a bunch of shitty 4k movies on it.

I promptly deleted that shit years ago, formatted it, and was filling it with my favorite media and now all of a sudden my PC doesn't recognize the drive!

I can see it as an active device under 'Device and Printers', but the drive isn't explorable via any other method to see what is on there or to open it up?

Thoughts?

I am in the business of saving lives.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Check Samsung's website and see if there isn't any software you can re-download?

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Check Samsung's website and see if there isn't any software you can re-download?

So, weirdly enough, searching my serial number / model number leads me to a carousel of broken links.

I am beginning to suspect that this drive was pre-loaded for Costco televisions and never actually meant to serve as an external drive.

SHP - za10K or CY - SUC10SH1/ZA is the Model / Model Code.

Okay another weird update.

Now my phone (Pixel XL 3) is no longer recognized by this computer when I hooked it up the same way I've done since I got it to transfer photos to my PC.

Ran through the same shit - multiple cables, multiple ports. Windows pops up and tells me the devices are connected, but can't see anything on explorer / disk management to actually access them/

Any ideas?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It's a 2, not a 3, but my pixel doesn't actually let the computer access the filesystem unless you poke the little popup notification on the phone when you plug it in to allow file transfer.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    It's a 2, not a 3, but my pixel doesn't actually let the computer access the filesystem unless you poke the little popup notification on the phone when you plug it in to allow file transfer.

Oh yeah I know, I've been moving pics off of the phone forever, just like...all of a sudden it stopped working.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Might be your computer's hard drive is starting to go, instead.

steam_sig.png