As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'll probably give shadowplay a shot next, if it works with Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Sorry. Shadowplay is proprietary for Nvidia cards. It's part of the Nvidia GeForce driver installation bundle.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    That's a shame. Well have a week to maybe figure something out.

Also main event story done. Still need to unlock ch. 3 hidden map and complete. I figure, I'll make my ranking attempt after maintenance on Tues. Gives me some time to finish out some of the weekly quests I still have, farm up M1887, stock up on fairy commands and possible get a one or two more units up to snuff for the ranking map. Figure I should get my ranking attempt in before shotgun rate up, assuming it's on the weekend. This ensures I won't put myself in a position of not having resources for it. 416's SPEQ can probably wait, but depending how I'm filling.

• Options
    I've heard that some people unlock the final hidden map by paradropping in and attacking dreamer. I guess that's easier than the m16 fight. If you have your own M4 tricked out, then you might be able to just beat m16 by setting up an "M4 exodia" squad where you just stack as many buff tiles on M4 as possible.

I tested out my new gunboat teams last night. They work, but they all need their fairy talents to proc to work. That's really annoying for the team stuck with a 2* fairy.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    M1887 gotten. Guess I'll make a few more stabs at 416's SPEQ tonight. Then shift back to 0-2 dragging for tomorrow and Monday, see if I can get a few units up to 90 without having to use too many combat reports. I want to at least get AN-94 to 90, since I bothered to get her skill to max. Pretty sure I have the cores for it. Need to math out how many I want to keep on hand for shotgun rate-up. Guessing for that, should one go with the optimal recipe that uses 8k rations or go for the budget one? In all likelihood, since I intend to get the ranking map done before rate-up, I figure I'll be lucky if I can do more than 12 crafts. Currently, I have 267 cores and I do have the option of a map to farm cores on. Could get two, if I bothered getting ch. 10 done this week, would just need to see if I would have to go with a different formation from what I'm currently using.

For ranking map, do I want to go with the Agent kill squad? I know she is one that pops and was wondering if she had a setup similar to the three times fight her in the main story stuff + hidden map. I suspect I could do three SMGAR teams, that are modified to include a handgun. I've got 6 SMGs and plenty of ARs at 90. Only other thing I could consider trying, is maybe get WA2000 up to 90, since that would let me field 2 HGRF teams. Only issue, is I really do need to see how many lvl 90 handguns I have. I could get both SAA & Grizzly to 90, also have p226 sitting at 80 and have a copy of her that can be used to lower the last link. Just don't know if I'll have enough combat reports by then. Plus, expeditions and been good about giving me wastelands and event crates have be generous with cores. Honestly, if I can stock 33-42 for shotgun rateup, I should be good.

Also I know have a dilemma with the gatcha. Saw the skill animation for the Spas skin, so I want it now. Issue is, I don't want to dump anymore gems into tokens, since I'd rather spend those on the data bundle. If I'm lucky, might somehow luck into another 45, but don't think I'm close to completing any achievements that would make that happen and would be surprised if enough came out of expeditions and event crates. So probably not worth doing more draws if I don't have 100. I have enough tickets for the skin, but if I do that, then not going to complete the furniture set, which I'm three pieces short on.

As for dreamer. Yeah, was considering airdropping my best echelon in on her when I completed the map the first time. I just need to burn one more quick training ticket and the needed advance data to have a paradrop fairy with SL10. So what is the trick with that, drop them in on turn 1 and wait for Dreamer to land? Or does one have to wait for her to land first before dropping in and having to deal with a 40% debuff? I'm guessing, I'd want to go with a team similar to what I used to kill agent. Maybe drop the handgun for vector.

I do have to say, with some tweaking to the farm stuff. Pretty sure I'll be in good shape for the next event. I suspect the biggest roadblock for the next one will be my terrible luck at getting gold out of crafting. At least, I'll have plenty of time to get STAR her unique magazine.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Hah I'm in the same position with the Gacha, missing 3 furniture pieces and SPAS skin. I have 209? tickets I think.

So I know there's the full bonus comfort and some kind of special effect for completing the furniture set, is there any benefit for getting all the skins out of a set? Or am I weighing those things against just having the SPAS skin.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Hah I'm in the same position with the Gacha, missing 3 furniture pieces and SPAS skin. I have 209? tickets I think.

So I know there's the full bonus comfort and some kind of special effect for completing the furniture set, is there any benefit for getting all the skins out of a set? Or am I weighing those things against just having the SPAS skin.

If you collect 12 unique pieces of furniture, then you max out the dorm. If you complete the full 5* furniture set, then some cosmetic effect happens. In this case, some kinda mimic chest bounces around the dorm.

Sometimes skins can provide additional rewards when you watch their costume stories in the cafe. Those rewards are gotten from the scrapbook in the cafe. Not all costume sets have scrapbook rewards. The scrapbook rewards vary. Sometimes they're assorted dorm furniture, sometimes its base backgrounds/ID cards. One time it was a pet. In fact that particular cat is the advantaged cat right now, and it's the one cat that I don't have. The rewards are tiered as "collect X costumes from the set, receive Y reward."

I do not believe that the darkest dungeon costume set has scrapbook rewards. They may have retroactively added some scrapbook rewards for some of the sets, but that might have just been because we've kinda been playing catchup with the CN server's content in a sort of haphazard piecemeal pace.

I'm also presently at ~200 tickets with no SPAS costume. But I also kinda want the night sky with spooky castle backdrop, and those pieces are the ones that have evaded me. I don't really NEED furniture anymore though since singularity's Griffin Elite furniture pushed me over the finish line and all 10 of my dorms are maxed out now. Normally I'd flat out exhaust my token supply at this point since I've essentially primed the gacha and any duplicate costumes at this point will be black cards. BUT I want some of the costumes from the Christmas set too. Curse them for making these two gachas adjacent with each other!

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Mill wrote: »
    Guessing for that, should one go with the optimal recipe that uses 8k rations or go for the budget one? In all likelihood, since I intend to get the ranking map done before rate-up, I figure I'll be lucky if I can do more than 12 crafts. Currently, I have 267 cores and I do have the option of a map to farm cores on. Could get two, if I bothered getting ch. 10 done this week, would just need to see if I would have to go with a different formation from what I'm currently using.

For ranking map, do I want to go with the Agent kill squad? I know she is one that pops and was wondering if she had a setup similar to the three times fight her in the main story stuff + hidden map. I suspect I could do three SMGAR teams, that are modified to include a handgun. I've got 6 SMGs and plenty of ARs at 90. Only other thing I could consider trying, is maybe get WA2000 up to 90, since that would let me field 2 HGRF teams. Only issue, is I really do need to see how many lvl 90 handguns I have. I could get both SAA & Grizzly to 90, also have p226 sitting at 80 and have a copy of her that can be used to lower the last link. Just don't know if I'll have enough combat reports by then. Plus, expeditions and been good about giving me wastelands and event crates have be generous with cores. Honestly, if I can stock 33-42 for shotgun rateup, I should be good.

As for dreamer. Yeah, was considering airdropping my best echelon in on her when I completed the map the first time. I just need to burn one more quick training ticket and the needed advance data to have a paradrop fairy with SL10. So what is the trick with that, drop them in on turn 1 and wait for Dreamer to land? Or does one have to wait for her to land first before dropping in and having to deal with a 40% debuff? I'm guessing, I'd want to go with a team similar to what I used to kill agent. Maybe drop the handgun for vector.

Use the 8k recipe. It hurts a lot but it pays to go big or go home with the shotgun crafting.

Agent's fight is basically the same as her chapter 3 "Last Resort IV" incarnation, except at night. It's harder because it's at night so you sacrifice the DPS of your scopes in favor of nightvision. Try to knock her out though, since she's worth a lot of points. She's within range to attack on turn 1, so you can do some dry runs to test your anti-agent team before the big event. In a live ranking run, I recommend spending turn one deploying as many echelons as possible for AP.

I can't speak for what's best for knocking out Dreamer. I just took defeated M16.

edit:
    I meant to append this to my previous post instead of double posting. That's what I get for posting, corpse dragging, and cooking dinner at the same time...

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is anyone else having trouble logging in?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble logging in?

Yeah, I seem to get stuck at "retrieving user info" or something like that 2 out of 3 times.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a big issue right now. I was contemplating doing another ranking run today, but between the login issues and the fact that one of my gunboats has a lower talent proc rate that will necessitate additional battle resets...

Just keep trying to login. You should eventually get through. It's annoying for normal play, but a more serious annoyance for some rankers since this weekend was THE weekend to rank for many players since next week will be dominated by the shotgun rate up.

I'm a bit annoyed how they kicked off the event with one huge rate up and then followed up with another rate up before the event even ends. Oh well. It's still preferable to to what I hear from the JP server. I've heard that they haven't had new game play content since vallhalla and they still haven't had cube+ yet. If I had to pick between the two, I'd keep our current situation.

Once the resource exhausting marathon of singularity and its rate ups end, it's looking like we'll get a Christmas event to cool down. January may have a general rate up since IIRC we had one last year at that time. That DJMAX game is launching on steam early 2020, so word on the street is that we will probably get the DJMAX collab to help them advertise the franchise. Then continuum turbulence will likely be the following event once the collab is complete.

I'm not prepared for the shotgun rate up, but maybe I'll get lucky. I want the new shotguns, but I already have some great ones in KSG, sat 8, and Elphelt, so I won't feel too bad if I miss out. My main goals are building up my fairies to 4*/5* levels, replenishing my combat report supply, and stockpiling resources for heavy weapon teams.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Pretty much, Mica has more or less created a situation that would ensured a massive number of their player base attempting ranking this weekend. AN-94 and AK-12 rate-up nixed the first weekend for many. Shotgun rate up nixes next weekend. They also picked a massive map, that would going to be a real hog, once you got enough individual instances of it running. The change up, probably also resulted in things being more concentrated. One has to figure this has all resulted in a fair number of people, that would have only done the map once, doing it this weekend instead of being spread out.

As for future stuff. Sounds like HoCs will make the data room relevant again. From what I can tell with battery spending priority.
    1. Get the gateway in the forward base to lvl 8 & the item rack to about lvl 3 or 4.
    2. Get three pets (ideally probably dog, then bird and then cat)
    3. Get the gateway to lvl 9
    4. Max out the fairy room, granted one could probably get away with leaving the storage structure at lvl 9 (only having a max of 185 fairy commands).
    5. Max out the data room, from what I've read lvl 10 is needed to make the special combat reports to level HoCs.
    6. At this point if you don't have one of each pet type, get the missing one.
    7. If fairy room was left with storage at lvl 9, probably max that because it might be useful in the future to store up 200 fairy commands.

At this point, it's mostly discretion on what to get. There are some comics in the café that can unlock a handgun, that has some used outside of expeditions, the future theatre content and filling out the pokedex. Problem is I think you need to buy 5, each of which costs 600 batteries to get the gun. You can also buy 5 more after that to get a costume for the gun. Pets beyond just 4 also have uses since that ups the chances of having advantaged pets to get mysterious locations, which increase currency yields, but this seems far less important than just have enough high level units on expeditions, that they are all advantaged and making sure to manually deploy enough ensure enough expedition runs happen in the month (this can be further helped by strategic use of food consumables that lower expedition times to either get four max expeditions in on one day or to ensure you get three for the day. If you go for four on a day, make sure you stock up on enough for the max duration reduction consumable to pull it off and that you can redeploy in less than 10 minutes after finishing an expedition).

I'm sure HoCs will change up the priority list for battery spending. Heck, they might add some incentive for people that can't field tons of high level dolls, all advantaged dolls or enough advantaged pets for the month to invest in having more than one dog before getting the first miscellaneous pet or bird.

Edit: also the meta after this is supposed to be HGRF teams, so probably start raising those if you're like me and only can field one team at lvl 90. Probably still want to get the night ARs up, since I gather they still might be needed to maul everything that the rifles can't counter, assuming one isn't suppose to just opt for a good machine gun team.

Mill on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HoCs?

Edit: Also, I hadn't considered that a bunch of people trying to rank would be the cause of the slowdown.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    This thread on reddit explains HOCs. https://www.reddit.com/r/girlsfrontline/comments/95nrou/new_feature_explanation_hoc/

Upside is we probably have a few months before those drop.

Decided to go watch some ranking videos to get a better idea of how I want to tackle the ranking map. I see that I probably should get my taunt fairy's skill past lvl 4. Debating if I want to level my only Airstrike fairy. It came with a garbage talent, but it looks like I'll need for helping to kill tarantulas. Sure I might get a decent one in my crafting for tomorrow, but I could easily get three 3* equips for my resources and cores.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    HoCs?

Edit: Also, I hadn't considered that a bunch of people trying to rank would be the cause of the slowdown.

They're likely not the cause. They're just suffering the most from the login issues since serious ranking runs can force you to restart the game repeatedly. If a fight goes poorly, you can reset it by force closing the program before the battle ends. Then you can restart the fight to try again by microing your dolls better or hoping that your fairy's talent procs this time around. I've heard that some google infrastructure ran into some issues this weekend. That might cause some login problems if their code queries something on google's end when you login.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Well, I've got SAT-8 building this morning, so thats a nice surprise. I should probably put her in the level/link rotation, even if AA-12 looks cooler, and I have a SPAS skin so I've been using her...

Also, I just wasn't aware the Heavy teams were abbreviated HoC. Unless its posted here, I probably haven't read it. From what I can tell HoC's provide fire support for adjacent echelons?

• Options
    Pretty much provide fire support for echelons within range of them. Thankfully, it's not adjacent in the strict sense, given that they always retreat when engaged. IIRC you can only deploy them so many times, so you really don't want them retreating. They also require a specific helipad to deploy from and again IIRC they need that pad for resupply.

Anyways, no lock getting SAT-8 or IWS. Still have another 7 days, so maybe my crate luck will be better or the game will give me my 10th AK-12 emblem, also have like 7 or 8 ST AR emblems as well. I know I said I wanted to improve dorm comfort. On that note, appolotokens gave me enough to do one last gacha pull. I got really lucky and got the SPAS costume. Thus, I was able to blow 150 tickets on the last 3 pieces of furniture that I didn't have for the fairy market set. I have like another 70 tickets, which I guess I should let convert into tokens, bit sad I didn't have enough to go grab a costume to turn into a black card. I guess now, I'll save up tokens for the next gacha that catches my eye, when I have enough. I'm guess 3K is probably the number to shoot for.

Also curse RNG with advantaged expedition units. I had only five of the units and one of those was PK. Decided I'd rather get the boost to rewards for expeditions. Just need to figure out how I want to deploy my MGSG echelon. Do I put off ranking till Thursday, to do enough dragging of 0-2 and combat report ordering to get LWMMG up to 90 or do I just run that team with two handguns instead of just one. Probably will put off ranking to Wednesday at the earliest. Really want to get AN-94 up as much as possible without having to use a ton of combat reports, which I starting to get really low on.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Pretty much provide fire support for echelons within range of them. Thankfully, it's not adjacent in the strict sense, given that they always retreat when engaged. IIRC you can only deploy them so many times, so you really don't want them retreating. They also require a specific helipad to deploy from and again IIRC they need that pad for resupply.

Anyways, no lock getting SAT-8 or IWS. Still have another 7 days, so maybe my crate luck will be better or the game will give me my 10th AK-12 emblem, also have like 7 or 8 ST AR emblems as well. I know I said I wanted to improve dorm comfort. On that note, appolotokens gave me enough to do one last gacha pull. I got really lucky and got the SPAS costume. Thus, I was able to blow 150 tickets on the last 3 pieces of furniture that I didn't have for the fairy market set. I have like another 70 tickets, which I guess I should let convert into tokens, bit sad I didn't have enough to go grab a costume to turn into a black card. I guess now, I'll save up tokens for the next gacha that catches my eye, when I have enough. I'm guess 3K is probably the number to shoot for.

Also curse RNG with advantaged expedition units. I had only five of the units and one of those was PK. Decided I'd rather get the boost to rewards for expeditions. Just need to figure out how I want to deploy my MGSG echelon. Do I put off ranking till Thursday, to do enough dragging of 0-2 and combat report ordering to get LWMMG up to 90 or do I just run that team with two handguns instead of just one. Probably will put off ranking to Wednesday at the earliest. Really want to get AN-94 up as much as possible without having to use a ton of combat reports, which I starting to get really low on.

IMO, pull PK out of expedition duty for the day that you decide to rank. She can go explore the rest of the week. She's just too good to forfeit her firepower. Whatever you do, don't rank tonight since maintenance will abort your attempt if you fail to complete it in time.

As for your gunboat (I assume that you mean gunboat instead of MG/SG) , most of mine are presently 3MG /2HG. Typhoons are present on the map at the very start, so you can do a test drive of your gunboat team by spawning it in and making a beeline for the Typhoon. IMO it's also prudent to subsequently rush to one of the KCCO spawns, hope that a hydra spawns, and test out your gunboat against the hydra as well.

If you can defeat a typhoon, then you should be able to take down the Hydras but some slightly stronger AP ammo will give you some more wiggle room. Max calibration level 4 gold AP ammo is the minimum that you want against Typhoons to fully negate their armor. I think green AP ammo can hit the same target at around level 9 or 10. Hydras have nearly twice as much armor as Typhoons, but the hydra spawns have less overall HP than the Typhoon squads.

Do not engage the 180k CE KCCO doomstacks. Do not engage m16. You might be able to take down Agent. Agent is within range of you on turn 1, so you can do a test drive of the fight with your anti-agent team.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I was thinking of avoiding the Typhoons and use the team to maul stuff that the other teams would need an airstrike for. I suppose I should find a calculator and see if my team has the needed fire power to deal with typhoons. I'll take another look at the advantaged units, but if I do pull PK, I'll just have to suffer having less currency for the day. Pretty sure all three of the 3* and the other two 4* are limited drops. I know one of the 4* stars for this week, drops from deep dive, which isn't out yet. Given that either I can't get them now or it would requiring farming other content, I'm going to pass because I want to conserve resources.

On that note, even though my airstrike fairy has sturdy as the talent, glad I started training it last night because my weekly heavy production for equips got me zero fairies, instead I got three blues. At least RNG, was nice enough to let me get damage 1 on the parachute fairy on the third roll. So that's four fairies with damage 1 (parachute, command, taunt & illumination). With both the taunt and command at 2*, which is why I'm leaning towards avoiding Typhoons, don't want to have to force close the game to get talent procs in order to kill stuff because I suspect my MGs might not have the fire power, on the other hand, I've managed to get a lot of handguns to 80 and I'll have P226 at 80 tonight and probably have grizzly into the lower or mid-80s. I also have the option to either get Jericho or PPK on leveling process after I get P226 to cap. Probably might want to go with PPK, since it'll be easy to link her for free and she is already lvl 75, not sure I'd bother with her equip, but might be an option. Jericho is at lvl 69 with two copies in the bank, so her 4 link would be free, but the six lvl difference is a ton of exp. Granted, I do have a lvl 70 Wa2000 at 3x. So I could link her, get her up to 90. Then fully link her and SVD for a second HGRF team. I'd need to make sure I have enough handguns because I doubt one of the spar SMGs I'll have floating around is going to cut as a stop gap, but maybe that would work if I'm short on the handguns I need for a team or two.

I was planning on using the team I used to kill agent in ch. 3 and the hidden map for ch. 2. I'll likely have to repair Welrod and MP7 and likely some of the other units, but it did work. Actually, could probably get some better mileage if I rotated stuff to make better use of the shields to keep MP7 going longer. Actually, does Agent usually nuke the unit in 8 because she always hits Welrod first. I'll probably keep G11 for this team, even if I do get AN-94 to 90. As good as AN-94 is, I don't think a lvl 90 of her will out dps a max level G11. Other two units are ST AR and M4.

Also have a mortar and armor fairy. I'm guessing my best bet is command fairy on team that kills Agent, Taunt on the team that will have mod 3 M14. Not sure what I should give the MG team. Maybe illumination since that's like my 4th highest lvl fairy because I'm pretty sure I don't want to air drop that team. Probably the second ARSMG team will get Airstrike, I should have that at either level 4 or 5, so it'll help kill enough stuff, maybe?

I want to say, I might be able to field 5 or 6 teams with 90+ units. Then I could probably fill the last stuff out with handgun dummy echelons that exist to get me AP, provide some vision, camp the radar node and run around and get me crates that are free. Also since I have a lvl 10 paradrop fairy, I assume I should try to close off some helipads that spawn stuff? If so, would that be KCCO or SF or both and which parts of the map should I aim for (I suspect probably the ones near the radar on the bottom left, so that I might be able to get away with having two dummy echelons for radar camping, instead of one that needs a baby sitter within striking distance to kill things that could threaten it.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I was thinking of avoiding the Typhoons and use the team to maul stuff that the other teams would need an airstrike for.

The overlap between "things mgs can maul" and "things other teams need an air strike for" are tarantulas. Maybe dinergates, but the squad composition that includes dinergates is quite large.

Your mgs will be utterly worthless against anything with any evasion at night. There are however a number of targets with zero evasion that mgs are adept at dealing with. Aside from tarantulas, airstrikes will bounce off of anything else with zero evasion.

There's a map database site that I think goes by the name hometehomete. I need to add it to the op. It contains the stats of the enemy squads that you will face.

Edit:
    https://gf.hometehomete.com/en/maps/

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    5-7 acquired. 78 attempts. I'm done farming for drops. I just don't have the energy to try and get 416's SPEQ.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Almost to 300 for 5-7.

I'm definitely gonna pass on trying for a second Groza. Farming this event has been utterly miserable, the fastest drop was like 212 or something I think?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I was thinking of avoiding the Typhoons and use the team to maul stuff that the other teams would need an airstrike for.

The overlap between "things mgs can maul" and "things other teams need an air strike for" are tarantulas. Maybe dinergates, but the squad composition that includes dinergates is quite large.

Your mgs will be utterly worthless against anything with any evasion at night. There are however a number of targets with zero evasion that mgs are adept at dealing with. Aside from tarantulas, airstrikes will bounce off of anything else with zero evasion.

There's a map database site that I think goes by the name hometehomete. I need to add it to the op. It contains the stats of the enemy squads that you will face.

Edit:

Guess I'll see if I can make the gunboat work against typhoons. Sounds like it won't be worth bringing if it's not able to kill typhoons or hydras. Problem is all I have is green ammo boxes and I haven't really invested in my green ap ammo. I do have two gold ap ammo.

I was thinking stick the airstrike on a unit that has to room and even if it can't outright kill anything, I was hoping at SL4 or SL5, it would be able to deal enough damage to soften things up; especially, since it would be my ARSMG team not meant for boss killing. Grenades will help, but IIRC only want grenade launcher.

Sounding like, I might want to get WA2000 up to 90 instead of another hg, so that maybe I can field two rifle teams.
    5-7 acquired. 78 attempts. I'm done farming for drops. I just don't have the energy to try and get 416's SPEQ.

Honestly, I'm really annoyed with how stupidly low the drop chance is apparently for 416's SPEQ. Mostly because it's a side grade for a gun that is only so-so and she apparently stays that way after her mod. At this point, I'm done farming. I figure if it becomes relevant in the future, I can just farm it off the permanent singularity map (assuming they don't remove the map that is ideal for farming it).

Edit: Decided to do a count on handguns I have that are either event ready or might be close to it. Currently, I have 8 that will definitely be ready by the time I run the event.

Stuff that I know will be on hand for my rank attempt.
    M1911 Mod 2 (lvl 111), Welrod (lvl 100), Contender (lvl 97), Mk23 (lvl 92), Makarov (lvl 92), SAA (lvl 90), K5 (lvl 90), P226 (lvl 89 but like 5% away from being 90).

Stuff that might be ready, if I can line things up right. I'll break this into two groups, first one being stuff I suspect would be useful and the next one being stuff I suspect is not terribly useful.
    Grizzly (lvl 78), Astra (lvl 75), PPK (lvl 75), Type92 (lvl 75)
    Spitfire (lvl 78), M1985 (lvl 75), FF FNP9 (lvl 75), P38 (lvl 70), Jericho (lvl 69)

After that, the next highest handgun is at lvl 50. So probably not worth investing in for singularity purposes. Looking at this, pretty sure I probably want to raise more handguns over getting the second HGRF, partly because I'd be lacking handguns elsewhere. Gunboat is going to need two, one of which is going to be contender and probably stick with Mk23 as the third. I guess maybe the halfassed cross formation for this to get as many buffs on the MGs as possible, but maybe not. Then put either Welrod or another handgun on the anti-agent team. M14's team is going to need three handguns, one of which is definitely going to be M1911 and then two other guns. Granted for M14's team, the other rifle is going to be Springfield and I admit maybe another handgun in place of her might work better since M14 is at mod 3. Kind of figure I probably want handguns in whatever other echelons I field for vision. Honestly, think I'll probably just have 5 combat ready echelons (3 ARSMG, gunboat and rifle). Though I might be able to cobble together a rather halfassed rifle team (still have SVD & K31 at lvl 90 and if Springfield gets freed up, I could probably get something that can kill one or two enemy packs before I might have to consider repairs). Also just realized that the third ARSMG would likely have M16, FAL and G41 as the ARs and depending on what I have, M16 may be offtank in that mix with a handgun in the middle.

Mill on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

got my dupe Groza so i'm finally done with Singularity farming

guess i need to start planning comps

• Options
    Reminder that tonight is the end of the Dark Dungeon gacha. If you're going to make any additional rolls or spend your exchange tickets, now is the time to do it.

Edit:

Guess I'll see if I can make the gunboat work against typhoons. Sounds like it won't be worth bringing if it's not able to kill typhoons or hydras. Problem is all I have is green ammo boxes and I haven't really invested in my green ap ammo. I do have two gold ap ammo.

I was thinking stick the airstrike on a unit that has to room and even if it can't outright kill anything, I was hoping at SL4 or SL5, it would be able to deal enough damage to soften things up; especially, since it would be my ARSMG team not meant for boss killing. Grenades will help, but IIRC only want grenade launcher.

Sounding like, I might want to get WA2000 up to 90 instead of another hg, so that maybe I can field two rifle teams.

You might not be able to deal with the Typhoons if you're stuck with green equipment. The target threshold is ~75k damage within the first six seconds of the match. The DPS calculator settings for http://brainlets.moe/gf/sim/ are opponents with 0 evasion, 109 armor, night battle, and "boss." Do not include damage from artillery fairies. Look at the damage graph to see the damage at six seconds.

Machineguns can deal with most of the armored opponents in the map, and might be able to deal with some of the weaker evasive squads through sheer volume of fire, but in general you should keep them engaging enemies with zero evasion. Right out the gate they should be able to nearly AFK kill the Dactyl "spidermine" squads around your HQ, but you'll want to keep them away from the ripper squads.

For my second run, I'm planning on attaching my airstrike fairies onto my hybrid AR/SMG/RF echelons. They're essentially the night royalty ARs alongside Grape. They can take out most of what SF sends at them and can additionally take down Hydras with some microing.

For those who are interested, Ceia released a video detailing some approaches for trying to earn 200k score with budget team compositions. He scored in the 300k range with 2 AR-SMG teams, 1HG-RF team, 3 dummy echelons, and no paracute or illumination fairies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6aZfYAtLY

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Yeah, I watched most of that video. I figured what Ceia was doing would be a good strategy to adapt to what I have since I probably can't deal with Typhoons. Just need to figure out how best to use one parachute fairy with SL10 and illumination fairy. Thinking illumination would probably be best on the machinegun team. It'll either be my 3rd or 4th highest level fairy, it'll still be one star, but it'll be a good stat stick and the active ability can be deployed where I need it. Parachute would probably be a better stat stick, but I'm going to have a few cases where I'm popping it to take some helipads for movement points and to make things more manageable. So that means can't use the machinegun team as a guard dog against most armored stuff and the debuff would probably really sting. Also need to figure out if I want to stick with my SG for that team if I don't use it on Typhoons or go with a HG to burn stuff down. Not have the shotgun also has the upside of not having something in the front for brute, I think that's the name of the ninja like units, to quickly tear into. I know it's M37 and her skill has a knockback, but don't think things line up right where the like one sue of her skill would be of any value, not even sure she'd add anything to the other teams.

Also wondering if I should try getting some levels in on mortar fairy's skill. IIRC it's from a recipe that I'm not likely to spam, unless we have a rate up. So it's probably worth raising the one I have, even though it has a crap talent. Though I can probably only manage SL3 at best for it, so might not be worth it, when I consider I have several fresh 90 units that are SL1.

Also I'm hoping the devs are looking into their options for the next round of improvements to existing content. A fair chunk of what we have is in pretty good shape, but there are a few things that could be better, made useful, didn't age well and like one thing that probably was poorly setup from the get go.

• Options
    I found 416's speq. All that's left for me now are a few hidden achievements and one final ranking run. That speed run event too I guess. At some point my existing ranking score slipped to top 6%, but I've got a feeling that I'll be in the top 10% prize bracket regardless of what I do in subsequent runs.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Okay, think I might have all the stuff I want leveled to 90 by the end of the night and can try the rank map tomorrow. Here on the teams I'm looking at fielding.

Anti-Agent team with command fairy
    Gr11 Welrod
    M4 Mod 3 MP7
    STAR Mod 3

MG echelon with illumination fairy SL10
    PK Contender
    M2HB Mk23
    M1919A4

HGRF team with taunt fairy SL7
    M14 Mod 3 M1911 Mod 2 (could be Mod 3, might have the stuff for that)
    Grizzly Malarov
    Springfield

Secondary AR team with airstrike fairy SL6
    AN-94 Vector
    K5 UMP9
    SOPMOD

Third AR team with Artillery likely with SL1 (but willing to get it up a lvl or 2)
    Gr41SKORPION
    SAA STEN
    FAL

That still leaves me with the following units at lvl 90 or higher. SVD (RF), K31 (RF), P226 (HG), FNC (AR), Ingram (SMG), M16 (AR), M37 (SG) & PPK (HG). I'll probably be raising WA2000 from 70 starting today, so she might be worth considering, if she doesn't need to be at 90 to contribute. I probably could get a sixth combat team, but wanted to see what people thought of the first five teams, since I might need to do some revisions. I have my paradrop fairy at least lvl 50, but not sure I should put it on a combat echelon, since I'll want to cap some heliports. Every other echelon that can be a useful combat echelon will be a handgun (guessing I should use ones that will be enhancement fodder. That way if I screw up and they get into combat, I won't have to fix affection issues, if the fight spawns something close enough to one shot them).

On capping heliports. What's the recommended approach. I'm guessing I want to get the ones down in the SW quadrant by the radar, so that my radar dummy team might get away without having a babysitter and maybe I can have two dummy teams there. I also need to see where dreamer/judge team spawns from because I heard it's a bullshit fight and should be shut down by taking the heliport that spawns the team before they show up. Since killing typhoons is likely off the table and probably can't fight too many KCCO teams, I probably want to let the SF have some helipads so I can get stuff to kill for supply drops.

BTW how many turns does the map have or is it infinite until the spawns can't be handled?

• Options
    I'd be anxious about that MG team operating without a true tank unless it manages gunboat level damage output, and I'm not sure if you can reach that with green ammo boxes. Those handguns will be in serious trouble if the enemy doesn't fold to the mgs.

Judge and dreamer spawn from the helipads at the far north and south of the map. There are 6 boss pads in total. If you can't deal with KCCO, then cap their pads too.

Your final actions end when you hit end turn on turn 12. The enemy gets to complete their final actions before the run concludes.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    So sounds like I should slot M37 in as a tank for the MG team, if green ammo boxes won't let me steam roll non-typhoon and hydra packs. Unless the recommendation is to run with an SMG. I'll need to look into where exactly boss pads are, see if I can cap those. Guess I'll be eating some hits for having to make use of the retreat and deploy paradrop squad maybe. Probably cap KCCO too, would get me lots of AP to play with and make the dummy echelons great gophers. Hopefully, I can wing getting into top 50%. I know the scope isn't great and there are no achievements for having it, but my collector's soul wants it for completion stuff. Besides who knows, maybe they'll make Kar worth using and I'll be thankful for having gotten the scope.

Based on what I have left. Would it be worth cobbling together another combat echelon or should I just go with 5 dummy echelons? I have an armor fairy I can give that echelon, it's lvl 1 but it's some stats and I could probably get some levels on it tonight. I figure if I don't use contender in the MG team, might move her to the anti-agent team. If Agent is going to maul whatever I put in position 8 ASAP or just targets the handgun out of spite, might as well go with better tiles and damage, while that unit lasts over more survival that won't matter. Pretty sure if Agent is just targeting HG off the bat and regardless of what I do, both Welrod and Contender are going to die in roughly the same amount of time. I know that's what Agent did in the hidden map on ch. 2 and in ch. 3.

• Options
    I mean, give it a try against the hydras. Spawn the squad and go rush the KCCO spawns. Do a dry run against them before jumping into the deep end on a live run.
    See how you fare against them. If you have strong ap ammo you might still be able to knock out the hydras. Typhoons don't have that much armor, so strong ap ammo stops boosting effective dps pretty early on.

The best case scenario actually is a handgun up front who just kites the slow armor units until the mgs kill them all. That plan works amazingly well exactly up to the point where the mgs need to reload. Then that plan crashes into a brick wall at 80mph. A shotgun might be able to survive long enough for the mgs to reload, but eating that damage isn't sustainable long term.

For agent move your main tank forward and offtank back. After the agent fight, you can withdraw the team and then reconfigure it entirely before redeploying it. It's practically an afk fight once you start it. So you can go ahead and reposition into a T formation since you don't need to kite. The only microing you might need to do is stall for time between boss waves to replenish your skill timers.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I assume G11, M4, STAR15, Vector, and UMP should be able to handle Agent, right?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Maybe, but the fight is pretty far outside of UMP 45's wheelhouse. She specializes in short duration fights while the agent battle is an endurance match. Mp7 and Suomi are ideal for the fight. CMS, Dorothy, and Ro635 are who I'd pick as runner ups.

Vector should also be replaced with perhaps a handgun who can buff your AR's damage more or your main tank's evasion more. Vector's molotov doesn't bring much to the boss fight.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I hadn't thought of reforming into the T formation for agent. That pretty much settles this on using contender to kill agent, I'm pretty sure that'll give me more dps, but I should check. Then I can reform and probably use Welrod to provide the group with vision and be the off tank (which isn't ideal, but I think I'd rather sacrifice a SMG offtank for the vision, than to sacrifice AR damage, especial with M4 best in the center slot).

I'll do the dry run on agent and probably a hydra unit to see how things go. I've at least got three gold AP ammo, so I can boost the machinegun AP to a good spot; especially, since at least two of them are fully calibrated IIRC. Shouldn't be too hard to enhance them up some either (some are already at like lvl 5 or 6).

Also didn't not realize Wa2000k was lvl 74. I might be able to wing in another combat echelon of ROF rifles. Main concern is how to handle the fact that said team will only have 2 handguns. Pretty sure if I use P226 and PPK, I'd have to put them in spots 4 & 5. So probably an SMG in 8. Other options is to suff some micro and go with a setup of K31 in position 8 and then switching her with P226. Granted, since this one won't fight bosses or hydras, M16 might be a solid choice two. She brings stun grenades, so that could help slow things down and would probably hold up better than either handgun. Not to mention, I do have a lvl 15 armor fairy and I could blow a command to boost her armor some (probalby not worth it). Also probably could get said fairy to 20. I'll probably end up using as enhancing fodder in the future because I'm pretty sure basic heavy craft will give me one with a worthwhile talent. Ironically, assault would have some use with M16).

Edit: Actually, need to see what Grizzly brings. Might make more sense to switch her with P226 if I go with another echelon because ROF rifles don't need more ROF. Might be stuck with PPK in the 6th group, but I could probably make that work. On further thought, might make more sense to put PPK at 8 and then have M16 in that group at 5. I'm willing to bet she could provide a bit better tanking than either handgun. Even though having PPK at 8 means no buffs for SVD from her, that does ensure that both SVD and Wa2000 have different rates of fire and thus aren't wasting shots overkilling the same target. I could also forgo M16 and have K31 in spot 5, just make sure to switch her with P226, that might give me enough dps to not really need to do much tanking with the handguns. Assuming I can get Wa2000 to 90. If I'm doing the math right, I'll still have over 100 cores for rate up. Hell, might be able to squeeze in the third mod for M1911.

Mill on
  • Options
    unknown.png?width=432&height=575

this ranking map was an enormous pain in the ass and i'm not going to bother doing it again lol

• Options
    I think that score should be safe for the top 10% bracket. I'm still planning to go in with my revised teams to break 700k. I'm waiting for the weekend though.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    my friend who scored 649k has stayed at 7% for the last two days

unless there's just a huge wave of mega tryhards over this last weekend i'm pretty sure i'm safely in top 10% but also i wouldn't even care if it was top 15% instead because i'm too damn lazy to reorganize my echelons like that again and just want to peacefully farm boxes

i had a couple of false starts while i was dusting off my rusty as hell micro skills and learning to do tanks and then 1 run which was mediocre at like 500k so i decided to go again but just be more aggressive in general

funnily enough so long as you have the gunboat dps KCCO mobs are a lot less of a pain to fight compared to the SF ones because their behavior is consistent and if you can meet the checks you can kill any of them but the 2 180k patrollers

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I kinda wish that I would have leveled up a landmine fairy, because it might be possible to knock the doomstacks out too after they trip into a few mines.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I kinda wish that I would have leveled up a landmine fairy, because it might be possible to knock the doomstacks out too after they trip into a few mines.

That's a lot of investment for a one time use case

• Options
    Yes. Yes it is. Eventually you get all of your bases covered for the low hanging fruit and you need to go way out there to collect points by killing the things that you are not expected to kill.

3DS Friend Code: