As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Slay the Spire] Slay the Spire 2 confirmed for EA 2025!

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Do you get anything for beating the heart with all three classes?
    Three more achievements?

You unlock beta art for the classes when you beat the heart

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Finally got through with the Defect. Just glommed up on Frost, defrag, and blizzard.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Finally got through with the Defect. Just glommed up on Frost, defrag, and blizzard.

I don't do Blizzard often, but Frost orbs and Focus have been really successful for me

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Hmmm.

Wallop turned from a rare to an uncommon in the middle of my run and decreased in cost overnight?

That's cool, I guess.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Hmmm.

Wallop turned from a rare to an uncommon in the middle of my run and decreased in cost overnight?

That's cool, I guess.

It also dropped in damage slightly. I like the change a lot - It puts it as a Dash-Equivlent for the Watcher, which is exactly the sort of card she needs.

I'm also looking forward to to the changes aimed at removing/lessening her infintes, they're just not fun to play. (Also they crowd out design space)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Hmmm.

That's cool, I guess.

It also dropped in damage slightly. I like the change a lot - It puts it as a Dash-Equivlent for the Watcher, which is exactly the sort of card she needs.

I'm also looking forward to to the changes aimed at removing/lessening her infintes, they're just not fun to play. (Also they crowd out design space)

I never really look up how to play infinite in any card game, cause it mostly annoys me even when I'm doing it. I know I've had really long turns, but I don't know I've ever built infinity in slay the spire.

Also; I don't know how to make the watcher work without Empty Mind.

Relic that hits for +9 on first attacks is also pretty great

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    i've gotten stance dancing to work okay with enough copies of Mental Fortress

i've had a wish run that worked okay

i've had a couple promsising starts with the thing that reduces retained card costs, especially with master reality

no heartkills, because i forgot to nab the blue key on my multiwish deck

edit: Has Snecko always canceled metamorphosis?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I'm at A17 with all characters and it seems really hard.

• Options
    28 losses in my first 28 matches with the watcher.

Now 3 wins in a row on asc 0, 1, and 2.

Probably better than my starts with other characters?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    got the heart down to 50 hp or so. Managed to stance dance my way above 105 block for the 7x15 round. Didn't manage to do so for the 9x15 round. Maybe it's not realistic to hope to kill the heart without divinity? I was playing snecko eye with 2 wishes, which i mostly spent on apparitions and mental fortress

sig.gif
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

i've had a couple promsising starts with the thing that reduces retained card costs, especially with master reality

Snecko's effect takes effect on a draw and overrites every other cost modifaction in the game at that time. the sole exception is Setup, as it's effect is "Stronger".

Specifically, the order is: You draw a card. Confusion says: Randomize the cost of this card, between 0-3. This happens. Then, once in your hand, any other effects that would change the cost can apply. For instance, a card that drops in cost when upgraded will drop to it's upgrade cost, if it is upgraded in your hand. (I.e you draw zap, it costs 3. Then you upgrade Zap via Apothieoses while it's in your hand. Zap+ now costs 0. You play it, and hten draw zap+ again - it's cost is now randomized between 1-3, as you draw it again)

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I’ve been trying for heart on ironclad (so the thread tips were pretty timely!), but I hit the relic unlock and realized I should probably do the same with silent and defect first.

Once I have all those I’ll go back to trying, then I can try ascensions, then watcher will probably be out, then... oh no.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Snecko's effect takes effect on a draw and overrites every other cost modifaction in the game at that time. the sole exception is Setup, as it's effect is "Stronger".

Specifically, the order is: You draw a card. Confusion says: Randomize the cost of this card, between 0-3. This happens. Then, once in your hand, any other effects that would change the cost can apply. For instance, a card that drops in cost when upgraded will drop to it's upgrade cost, if it is upgraded in your hand. (I.e you draw zap, it costs 3. Then you upgrade Zap via Apothieoses while it's in your hand. Zap+ now costs 0. You play it, and hten draw zap+ again - it's cost is now randomized between 1-3, as you draw it again)

Corruption also beats Snecko.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I do wish the game was just a bit more rigorous about keywords and buffs and debuffs. Like, when a card says that the next attack is played twice, and I play two of that card, I would expect my next attack to be played three times total. But what actually happens is I get stacks of a buff where my next X attacks are each played twice.

It's pretty impressive that there doesn't seem to be anything toooo misleading, but some stuff could be a bit clearer.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    That seems correct to me, minor differences in text can seem the same but work quite differently.

Like “your next attack is played twice” vs “your next attack is played an additional time” vs “your next attack is played twice as many times”...

To me that’d be nearly identical at one buff, but at two buffs you could have...
    - 2x for 2 attacks
    - 3x for 1 (3 cards), or 2x for 2 (alternating)
    - probably 4x for 1
    ... respectively.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Thread title got me excited about an iOS release. Google isn't giving me much. Is a mobile release still a thing?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Thread title got me excited about an iOS release. Google isn't giving me much. Is a mobile release still a thing?

Eventually, probably after the 4th character is officially released out of beta

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options

If you play armaments+ and you’re holding a 0 cost corruption, will it increase in cost to 2?

sig.gif
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Welcome to the Spire @bloodatonement! May your slayings be bountiful! Feel free to ask for advice on characters, cards, relics, and tactics.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

If you play armaments+ and you’re holding a 0 cost corruption, will it increase in cost to 2?

Pretty sure that's what happens. Not 100%, but I've seen costs go up during Snecko due to card mods.

• Options
    Depends on if the corruption is already upgraded or not. If it's not upgraded, then when armaments upgrades it, it will increase in cost. If it's already upgraded, armaments doesn't interact with it.

Pretty sure

• Options

Yes. The confusion effect fires once when you draw a card, at which point any other cost changes overwrite Confusion's effect

• Options
    Ahahahaha. Holy shit, this is amazing.

Establishment, Cleanse Evil+, Ragnarok+ and Chemical X. And Cloak Clasp. and Runic Pyramid. and Master Reality.

can you say BOOM!?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I cannot get anywhere on Ascension 1.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Did a few more Watcher runs and she feels pretty weak still. The one thing I really don't get is why does she have only 65 max hp? She has no heals, no amazing block cards, no +dex. I realize the hp progression goes 80, 75, 70 and 65 but at least Silent and Defect have some amazing defensive options. This last run I was lucky enough to get Petrified Helix and two of the new block relics that give 12 and 18 block on turns 2 and 3 and that was enough defenses that I could get my combos going but you'll never get that sort of defensive relics 95% of the time you play.

Her rare cards need some serious work still as well, half the time I get to the card rewards after a boss fight I'm tempted to skip which is something almost never happens with the other three classes.

• Options
    Her defensive options can actually get pretty crazy once you start seeing things up.

Right now she's mainly haunted by the fact that Calm is way too good (most calm sources cost 1, she can break even or generate easily). as are the on stance change, do X cards. She tends to fall into infinites really easily - all of this is distorting her balance.

She's also incredibly difficult to play right m I had an establishment deck going and that's a fucking trip to manage, let me tell you. (Pro tip - establishment, meditate and the Reality cards are one hell of a combo) lost to time eater purely through misplaying.

Re: rares, I'm curious which rates you think are bad? She has a ton I'm a fan of. Reach Heaven, Ragnarok (its so so crazy good), Wish (double wish is some bullshit - Wish for Wish...), Vault, Master Reality (so so good), Blashpmey, Lesson Learned (holy crap this card is nuts), Flow State, signature move...

Honestly, taking a random rare feels incredibly strong on her

• Options
    Her defensive options can actually get pretty crazy once you start seeing things up.

Being able to block for a lot on turn 4 doesn't help if she gets mauled early in the fight which is what often happens to me. I'm just not seeing why she has to have 65 max hp, she doesn't feel that powerful to me.
    Re: rares, I'm curious which rates you think are bad? She has a ton I'm a fan of. Reach Heaven, Ragnarok (its so so crazy good), Wish (double wish is some bullshit - Wish for Wish...), Vault, Master Reality (so so good), Blashpmey, Lesson Learned (holy crap this card is nuts), Flow State, signature move...

Honestly, taking a random rare feels incredibly strong on her

Wish is great, sure. I also like Master Reality and Lesson Learned (though you can shoot yourself in the foot with this by turning too many powers into innates and having a pre-determined opening hand with 0 block and 0 attacks). I'm not too keen on the various attacks - Ragnarok is junk unless you combo it with either strength or the +next attack skill, Vault feels really boring to use to me (with its high cost you basically skip your whole turn to do mediocre damage, I get that it's intangible is the point), Signature Move I haven't tried much but it wouldn't been very useful in my last winning deck for example. Blasphemy is a dead card all the way until the last turn, Flow State does nothing if you are in neutral stance. Judgement is great for the early game and decent in some Act 3 fights but doesn't do much in boss fights. Deva Aura is good defensive card. Haven't used Omniscience, I guess it's meant for setting up a really good hand for the next turn (or several next turns if you really want to break your brain figuring what you and the enemies will do). Alpha - Beta - Omega is super slow.

Quite a few of them are just very expensive to use and/or slow in my experience. Unless you get Calm stance dancing going or Divinity activated every second turn with a couple of Devotions it's really easy to be constantly struggling for energy. And of course if you do get the combos going you end up swimming in it.

I think my last boss fight rewards were Prayer (Devotion is bazillion times better), Flow State (haven't used it much but it doesn't seem that great to me) and Ragnarok which I picked but I never got much use out of it. From the previous boss I picked the rare that puts a 0-cost fill your hand card into your draw pile. That one is ok but again slow.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I cannot get anywhere on Ascension 1.

Whenever I get stuck, I just go to a couple of good steamers and watch them play through Act 1. Learn how to get a good start really helps out.

• Options
    Ragnarok is 12*6 in wraith form and 18*6 in divinity.

It's crazy good even without strength

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

72 damage for three energy strikes me as pretty lousy when Sands of Time is 52 damage for zero energy, or Cleanse Evil under Establishment is 90 damage for three energy on some previous turn when energy was less valuable. And those are all uncommons. Not to mention 24 plus vulnerable or a scried draw for 1 on some of the better commons. Why clog up your hand with Ragnarok?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Ragnarok can also give you a shitload of block with a talk to the hand.

• Options
    Spent some more time thinking and I think one of her current problems is that once she gets Devotion and Devotion+ all other stance cards turn next to useless. You'll just switch to Divinity every other turn and any card that'd give you Wrath or Calm or drop you from a stance becomes a liability.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »

72 damage for three energy strikes me as pretty lousy when Sands of Time is 52 damage for zero energy, or Cleanse Evil under Establishment is 90 damage for three energy on some previous turn when energy was less valuable. And those are all uncommons. Not to mention 24 plus vulnerable or a scried draw for 1 on some of the better commons. Why clog up your hand with Ragnarok?

I don't know what cleanse evil under establishment means?

And Ragnarok hits multiple targest so much less wasted damage.

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Cleanse evil is the X cost card that puts X smites into your hand, which are 1 energy retain damage cards.

It's not that great unless you have establishment, which is the power that drops the cost of retain cards when you retain them.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Spent some more time thinking and I think one of her current problems is that once she gets Devotion and Devotion+ all other stance cards turn next to useless. You'll just switch to Divinity every other turn and any card that'd give you Wrath or Calm or drop you from a stance becomes a liability.

Calm and wraith are still good cause they potentially give you draw (empty mind, adaptation) and energy (calm stance exit) and defense (mental fortress)

Plus you can't enter divinity if you don't exit divinity

Burtletoy on
  • Options

Calm and wraith are still good cause they potentially give you draw (empty mind, adaptation) and energy (calm stance exit) and defense (mental fortress)

Divinity ends after a turn no matter what. You don't need to manually exit it.

• Options

Divinity ends after a turn no matter what. You don't need to manually exit it.

But you can manually exit it! And manually re-enter it! In the same turn

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I've won multiple runs just using Establishment and Cleanse Evil (and the two Reality cards), along with retained stance cards. The effect of Establishment seems far too strong in combination with such powerful retained cards.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    I’ve been assuming she has 65 hp because she’s so good at killing elites. Vigilance defend -> end turn -> erupt strike strike strike does 45 damage! I tend to lose less hp with her on each of the act 1 elites than the other three.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Wraith form kinda sucks against the sentinels, in my opinion, but the other two get destroyed in a turn or two, yeah.