As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    dont play hardcore, play confirmation biascore

thats where u level up to some random level check ur /deaths if its 0 u post hardcore viable with a smug emoji and never play that character again

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    😏

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    dont play hardcore, play confirmation biascore

thats where u level up to some random level check ur /deaths if its 0 u post hardcore viable with a smug emoji and never play that character again
    cover6.jpg

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Well, apparently my computer doesn't like Blight maps. Had a T6 one drop Monday night, finally got some time to try running it this morning. Managed to clear the whole map, started looting. Got 3 or 4 nodes in and my computer did the fun thing it does where it just stops.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Did you use vaal skeletons? I had to drop that because it killed blight maps for me.

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    Did you use vaal skeletons? I had to drop that because it killed blight maps for me.

Yeah. I'll just avoid Blighted maps. I managed to clear one, it was interesting, not going to worry about all the currency nodes I had seen but wasn't able to open.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    @Brody I'm going to keep my Necro gear; I've been running a bunch of Shapers trying to get the hideout and I've found it's the best character I have for that. I thought I had some stuff on standard all set up but I guess I deleted those characters? Hopefully I can get the hideout with the ~75 sets I have saved up.

I really need to do a better job leveraging the resources I have during a league

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    Brody I'm going to keep my Necro gear; I've been running a bunch of Shapers trying to get the hideout and I've found it's the best character I have for that. I thought I had some stuff on standard all set up but I guess I deleted those characters? Hopefully I can get the hideout with the ~75 sets I have saved up.

I really need to do a better job leveraging the resources I have during a league

It's all good, losing the end of the Blighted Map made me pretty mad this morning, I'll probably just shelve finishing maps this season, and enjoy the new stuff in a week.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Someone on Discord tossed out this Bacefreaker cyclone build that has pretty meaty DPS even after you remove the simulated Lethal Pride jewel provided. It doesn't have the best life but uses Soul Tether and Vaal Molten Shell for scarier sections. Someone look a take at it and say if it looks viable or not, because I am dumb. Apart from the timeless jewel and Watcher's Eye it really doesn't look like it will be very expensive considering the damage it can do. Yes, resistances aren't capped. Yes it uses Abyssus. I just think I should start doing more different builds because frankly I won't have time to go that deep into this league given the amount of work December and January usually has for me, so I might as well go a little bedlam.

https://pastebin.com/tkHVHzxj

Absalon on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    facebreaker cyclone is viable assuming even vaguely sensible building choices and capped resistances are for nerds ok

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I already die a bunch so I might as well hurt things a lot while doing so.
    478hyz8yvo241.jpg
    keen

Absalon on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I wonder if you could use the new explosive shot in a bleed build? You'd lose out on bleed dmg not using puncture, but the explosions and ignites might make up for it. Probably won't work, but I'm curious to see. It needs to be next week already.

• Options
    So with the puncture impale build, I'm not sure how the bleed ticks are supposed to interact with the impale mechanic? Is it the bleed procs triggering impale?

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Someone on Discord tossed out this Bacefreaker cyclone build that has pretty meaty DPS even after you remove the simulated Lethal Pride jewel provided. It doesn't have the best life but uses Soul Tether and Vaal Molten Shell for scarier sections. Someone look a take at it and say if it looks viable or not, because I am dumb. Apart from the timeless jewel and Watcher's Eye it really doesn't look like it will be very expensive considering the damage it can do. Yes, resistances aren't capped. Yes it uses Abyssus. I just think I should start doing more different builds because frankly I won't have time to go that deep into this league given the amount of work December and January usually has for me, so I might as well go a little bedlam.

https://pastebin.com/tkHVHzxj

yep FB has been insane ever since they added flat phys to the champion impale node

you dont even have to go crit, its just nuts

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    if u dont go crit facebreaker btw ur name gets added to a ggg internal list of cowards and ur account is tagged for bad drops forever

just fyi

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So with the puncture impale build, I'm not sure how the bleed ticks are supposed to interact with the impale mechanic? Is it the bleed procs triggering impale?

As far as I can tell, they don't interact at all. I think the point of that build is to go champion and stack impales for the extra flat physical you get from the ascendancy to get bigger bleeds.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    One issue, albeit not an insurmountable one, is that you don't really have an ascendancy or room on the tree to boost both Impales and bleeds a lot. You can go Champion with Haemophilia gloves and other bleeding uniques/mods or you can go bleed Gladiator with Impale support and Dread Banner, for starters. Not sure how that stacks up against just focusing on one ailment, but the utility of having a bleed tick down while you are busy evading or setting up new ballistae shouldn't be underestimated, and of course blood explosions are great for clear and can even stun enemies. Ensnaring ballistae makes bosses always count as moving, which is great since many bosses are quite stationary, but that usefulness disappears if you go Crimson Dance. It would take some work in PoB to work out what gives you the most DPS, but the idea of using Impales to boost bleeds is a good one.

Absalon on
  • Options
    One issue, albeit not an insurmountable one, is that you don't really have an ascendancy or room on the tree to boost both Impales and bleeds a lot. You can go Champion with Haemophilia gloves and other bleeding uniques/mods or you can go bleed Gladiator with Impale support and Dread Banner, for starters. Not sure how that stacks up against just focusing on one ailment, but the utility of having a bleed tick down while you are busy evading or setting up new ballistae shouldn't be underestimated, and of course blood explosions are great for clear and can even stun enemies. Ensnaring ballistae makes bosses always count as moving, which is great since many bosses are quite stationary, but that usefulness disappears if you go Crimson Dance. It would take some work in PoB to work out what gives you the most DPS, but the idea of using Impales to boost bleeds is a good one.

Looking back, I think it was JRX suggesting it, boosting your impales a bunch, and then using a bunch of bleed effects to constantly trigger the damage from Impale.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Brody wrote: »

Looking back, I think it was JRX suggesting it, boosting your impales a bunch, and then using a bunch of bleed effects to constantly trigger the damage from Impale.

I was using bleeds to proc the physical damage boost (300-350 pee deeps against bleeds) from Crimson Storm which would translate into sick impales. Stack that with impale damage boosts and it starts hitting near 1 milly shaper deeps.
    j2po8a9kurnw.png

It's my hope Puncture can be used as a main skill in this new patch. Add in some piercing, Drillneck, and Haemophilia...

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Okay, question about Animate Guardian.
    I understand that when it 'dies' you lose all the equipment it was using. but could someone please define 'dies' ? in Blight I played a zombimancer / skeletons / spectres and the biggest annoyance about the build was that every time i accidentally changed my weapon loadout or wanted to enchant my weapon /item in my hideout i would lose my spectres and have to go find and resummon them from whatever act had the monsters i needed. Do Animated Guardians act the same way? do they 'die' if the gem is removed or weapon is unequipped?

Also that issue with spectres.. when i needed to resummon i would go to the area, desecrate until i saw the chieftins i wanted, and try to cast the summon spell...but the spell never let me select a specific corpse. I had to go by luck a lot of the time that it would summon the right corpse. (the 'target corpse' button did not seem to actually do anything). What am i missing about that? I'm thinking of running the new summoner king build since its less crafting dependant then the build i used before (When i got to about tier 10 maps i ran out of money trying to 6-link the staff i wanted to craft and gave up on the league).

The minion build was fun...but the above issues made it annoying that i had to be so careful in my hideout, and could never really do enchants or alt-weapon gem leveling.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Yes if you unequip gem you will lose it. Or if it dies to standing in bad or boss death beams etc. I mean most items used on animated guardians are cheap 1a-1c items. Which can be good or bad because finding someone to sell you them is usually a pain in the ass. When you relog in with AG you just hit the skill and it resummons.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    If you equip it with new items does it drop the old ones, or just eat them?

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I'm fairly certain that swapping the gem out doesn't lose your items -- I was using AG on my older necros and I'm pretty sure the guide mentioned you can do that when things get hairy (when properly leveled and equipped my AG would never visibly drop in health, so I didn't need to do it much).

You can 100% weaponswap out of it or unequip the item and save the AG. It will desummon the AG, but when you resummon it will have all of its items from last time.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Yes if you unequip gem you will lose it. Or if it dies to standing in bad or boss death beams etc. I mean most items used on animated guardians are cheap 1a-1c items. Which can be good or bad because finding someone to sell you them is usually a pain in the ass. When you relog in with AG you just hit the skill and it resummons.

not any more

if u have it in a weaponswap u can unsummon without it dying by weaponswapping, which i have takena dvantage of with "supported by" shaper/elder 1h in the past

same with swapping gem, even if u swap eg a lvl 20 0qual gem for a 21 20% it will remember what ur guardian had

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

not any more

if u have it in a weaponswap u can unsummon without it dying by weaponswapping, which i have takena dvantage of with "supported by" shaper/elder 1h in the past

same with swapping gem, even if u swap eg a lvl 20 0qual gem for a 21 20% it will remember what ur guardian had

Oh sweet. Thanks. I missed that change.

• Options

Well i was just reading about a trick with some gear to basically make him immortal...most of the gear is probably still cheap but id really prefer not to have to do a reequip everytime i forget, and some of it might be a bit expensive to sustain.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »

Well i was just reading about a trick with some gear to basically make him immortal...most of the gear is probably still cheap but id really prefer not to have to do a reequip everytime i forget, and some of it might be a bit expensive to sustain.

Well I was wrong. The others clarified it up a bit. When I last was a summoner it took a lot to kill the AG anyway.

• Options
    hes got lots of base life now with new minion life and regen nodes, especially if ug ive him a shield / staffs etup with necro aegis (cos he gets to block with the shield u give him and his actual block item) so he block caps v easily

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I understand that when it 'dies' you lose all the equipment it was using. but could someone please define 'dies' ? in Blight I played a zombimancer / skeletons / spectres and the biggest annoyance about the build was that every time i accidentally changed my weapon loadout or wanted to enchant my weapon /item in my hideout i would lose my spectres and have to go find and resummon them from whatever act had the monsters i needed. Do Animated Guardians act the same way? do they 'die' if the gem is removed or weapon is unequipped?

Also that issue with spectres.. when i needed to resummon i would go to the area, desecrate until i saw the chieftins i wanted, and try to cast the summon spell...but the spell never let me select a specific corpse. I had to go by luck a lot of the time that it would summon the right corpse. (the 'target corpse' button did not seem to actually do anything). What am i missing about that? I'm thinking of running the new summoner king build since its less crafting dependant then the build i used before (When i got to about tier 10 maps i ran out of money trying to 6-link the staff i wanted to craft and gave up on the league).

The minion build was fun...but the above issues made it annoying that i had to be so careful in my hideout, and could never really do enchants or alt-weapon gem leveling.

When Animate Guardian is unsummoned, it retains all equipment, and all of the equipment is associated with the gem. This means if you unequip, which will unsummon the guardian, and move to a different gem slot or stick in your stash and take it out to resummon later, it will still have all of the gear you gave it. I am not sure if you can trade an animated guardian with gear (I suspect not).

For specters, use the target corpse button the desecrate pile. You will have to move it around, but once you find the corpse you want to raise, while holding down the target button hit your specter key and that's the mob you'll get.

P.S. When I geared my AG at level 80, I bought an extra set of gear for him on the assumption that he would die at some point. He hasn't. He's running in my Baron along with my Specters, Minion Life, and Elemental Army, and has 51K hp with capped resists. He's a big ole dumb buff boy.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    oh hey Elder Guardians are no longer in their own instance separated from the map and its mods when they occupy a map.

fun

Edit: spot-on Heffling.

Absalon on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    oh hey Guardians are no longer in their own instance separated from the map and its mods when they occupy a map.

fun

Shaper Guardians have always been a part of the map. Elder Guardians are in a different instance unless they changed something mid-league.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

When Animate Guardian is unsummoned, it retains all equipment, and all of the equipment is associated with the gem. This means if you unequip, which will unsummon the guardian, and move to a different gem slot or stick in your stash and take it out to resummon later, it will still have all of the gear you gave it. I am not sure if you can trade an animated guardian with gear (I suspect not).

For specters, use the target corpse button the desecrate pile. You will have to move it around, but once you find the corpse you want to raise, while holding down the target button hit your specter key and that's the mob you'll get.

P.S. When I geared my AG at level 80, I bought an extra set of gear for him on the assumption that he would die at some point. He hasn't. He's running in my Baron along with my Specters, Minion Life, and Elemental Army, and has 51K hp with capped resists. He's a big ole dumb buff boy.

The trick im reading about is getting him mask of the stitched and a chest with gain 10% of life as ES. =
    Stitched gives 1% regen per 500 es. Your AG has 50k life, you craft a chest with gain 10% of life as ES so he has 5k ES now, then give stitched, so he has 10% regen.
    Elder chest can get 2% regen too, so he can have 12% regen.

the latest summoner build is mostly uniques that are really cheap so unless they nerf minions into the ground (possible) in this patch, I'm gonna try it.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Elder Guardians will have map mods now

i8bqj2g2jv241.jpg

Rius on
  • Options
    They just had to show off a really bad set of mods too.

• Options
    they needed a tone up anyway so this is gud

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    now they can have unwavering =[

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    1:23:08 - They have sold ~$800,000 worth of Seraph Spectral Throw MTXs and Chris is happy to admit that half of that was due to Mathil promoting it with his OG Ele Buzzsaw build back in the day

I can believe this. If I could take my existing Seraph Spectral Throw MTX and apply it to Cobra Lash, I would do it in a heartbeat.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options

not any more

Can you tell me when that change went in? cause i know that early in the blight league at least spectres didnt work that way UNLESS you were in a town. In Your Hideouts swapping weapons would delete your spectres, but in towns you could change equipment. Which helps not at all when trying to use your crafting station since its in your hideout.

• Options
    I wonder how much money they made from 'cat soulrend'.

• Options
    spectres die the moment u do anything that would alter their status while they are "out"

ags have always worked differently in some ways but them preserving gear thru gem swaps and weapon swaps is at least a year old if not more

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.