As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

operation prank Grey Ghost is complete in the [TV] thread

19596979899101»

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I try to limit myself to a few episodes at a time at most

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I don't even think I do the whole water cooler thing.

Hell most of the time when I get around to finally watching a show its a good 2-3 years after the hype has died down.

I think binge watching is just hard for me because I hate being rooted in place not feeling like I'm doing anything for too long.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I am somewhat convinced my aversion to bingewatching is because of ADD or ADHD or maybe just plain anxiety

I'm just always thinking of the other stuff I could be doing!

That's why I do other things at the same time! "I'm not bludging on the couch, I'm marking papers (extremely slowly)!"

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Okay but what is an episodic video game where you release all the episodes at the same time, my brain has been on fucking fire since I read that quote

Alan Wake did this, but the “episodes” were just chapter delineations, not actually separate parts of a video game.

Which would have been the sensible way to word that idea.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I work from home so I'm my only coworker.

And you know I'm constantly chatting up my coworker.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Stilts wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Okay but what is an episodic video game where you release all the episodes at the same time, my brain has been on fucking fire since I read that quote

Alan Wake did this, but the “episodes” were just chapter delineations, not actually separate parts of a video game.

Which would have been the sensible way to word that idea.

If you release all of a video game at the same time it's just a normal release

It's like when some silicon valley jackhole invents something that has existed forever by coming at it from the dumbest possible angle

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

The employees of the month are your dogs

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i wouldn't say i never bingewatch, but i think that is more an accidental thing than a planned thing -- if i am hooked, i'm hooked

but

a. only if the episodes are a half hour long
    b. the season doesn't have like, more than twelve of 'em

i can gladly give up like 4-5 hours to one complete work

for longer stuff, i think i can do the 3 hour old-timey miniseries with 90 minute episodes, or you standard 6-hour long episode mini

anything longer than that, no matter how well paced it claims to be, is just too much of a slog, and i'll divvy up accordingly.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's also markedly different when you have kids

Like I'd be more inclined to bingewatch stuff if the kids didn't go to bed so late

time is so limited

and I have to be up so early

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

The employees of the month are your dogs

Every month. I'll never beat them.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Bingewatching just frequently doesn't work for me from a time standpoint.

My partner gets home from work around 7, we'll generally sit and talk for a few minutes before making dinner, so dinner isn't ready until between 8 and 9 depending on complexity. As long as it's not like, Hannibal, we can start watching TV with dinner, but we both try to go bed between 11 and 12, so on a good day we might have time for four forty five minutes episodes of television?

But with direct streaming stuff, forty five minute episodes are becoming less and less common, and that's all assuming that neither of us wants/needs to do something besides watching television.

Straightzi on
This discussion has been closed.