As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I was going to say that if I was stuck in Russia during this pandemic with their handling of it, I would hole up in a monastery too.

Then I read the article and yeah, that is one messed up situation. Antivax conspiracy theory priest who is an excop previously accused of murder that thinks Stalin is great because of the crackdowns on homosexuals.

Sounds like just the place for Datsyuk.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Wasn't sure if that was just a before/after pic collage of Datsyuk to be honest.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Of course it’s Florida

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    First thing I thought when I saw Bob's first tweet... "Oh yeah, that's definitely one of the Florida teams."

They hit a record of ~3800 new positives yesterday, so not at all a shock.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Man, Cooper can't buy a break.

Also Manny posted "on our way to get Coronavirus" over a clip of the TB guys on waverunners. Which I shouldn't laugh at but I did.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    First thing I thought when I saw Bob's first tweet... "Oh yeah, that's definitely one of the Florida teams."

They hit a record of ~3800 new positives yesterday, so not at all a shock.

Phillies are having an outbreak in their spring training facility, had to shut it down (they're in Clearwater). So yeah, we're boned.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I live in Florida. North of Tampa. This state is fucked. During quarantine people were out and about on the lakes all the time. Our dumbass Governor is just going to get more people killed. I really hope the NHL rethinks everything and looks at our numbers.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Auston Matthews has also reportedly tested positive.

Interesting how he’s the only player to have his name out.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Auston Matthews has also reportedly tested positive.

Interesting how he’s the only player to have his name out.

it's not that interesting

Steve Simmons is a slimy hack with zero journalistic integrity or respect for privacy/medical ethics

• Options
    Didn’t realize the original report came from Simmons. I saw it reported by the local radio station.

I just assumed it was like the NBA (at least I think it was the NBA initially) that required the player to give their permission for their name released.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Jayce Hawryluk of the Ottawa Senators was known to have had it.
    In that case, he told a local newspaper outright.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Oh yeah, it’s the players right to share that if they choose, it’s different when the league and teams put out statements specifically saying “a person’s medical information in this matter are private” and then the hot dog liar is like “lol nope”

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    What happens if a player catches it during the playoffs? Cancel the whole thing?

By the time one player test positive, he will have infected several others...

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So apparently the Draft Lottery was tonight and the winner is.....one of 8 teams from the losers of the play-in round after a second lottery is held.

This is messed up.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    ahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaah

MAXIMUM CHAOS

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    As a Habs fan... #1 or #1, let's do this!

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Who is looking forward to making this years best All-COVID team?

26 players so far

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular

Barring any last-minute complications, and we have seen some of those (Vancouver and Las Vegas), the two NHL Hub cities will be Edmonton and Toronto. 🇨🇦

Pretty damning on the state of things down here in the States, if it pans out this way.

• Options
    Happy Free Agency D.....oh.....oh....

This feels so strange.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I guess our promo video worked...

The top video is a parody of the bottom if that wasn't clear. The bottom video was tweeted out by our Premier, and shows exactly 0 things about Edmonton. All that mountainous area is about 4 hours west of the city.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited July 2020

I’m not really optimistic and feel like this is a mistake while the league should focus on next year, but here we go I guess.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Just hand out participation awards and move on

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I would really really prefer this, especially given reports of COVID causing long term respiratory issues in otherwise healthy people.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Maybe I’m over reacting to the situation, but I think most of team sports should suspend until everything is under better control. Why risk yourself for the future?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Because money. Billionaires are good at making and keeping money and the league is just a cash sink if there aren't efforts being made to have it bring in some modicum of income.

I think this is dumb though. If we're going to have August playoffs, I'd rather just have a normal season in Sept/Oct instead.

If we're assuming the next season will delay anyway, then this makes slightly more sense.

• Options
    So if next season becomes a total wash, can we just have all players play themselves in the latest 2K game and have a season that way? I think it would be hilarious listening to all of them talking over the game

It's a completely silly and bonkers idea. So is try to play a season through COVID-19, risking players, fans and/or empty stadiums, stadium workers, flight crew for traveling teams, hotel staff, etc.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    So if next season becomes a total wash, can we just have all players play themselves in the latest 2K game and have a season that way? I think it would be hilarious listening to all of them talking over the game

It's a completely silly and bonkers idea. So is try to play a season through COVID-19, risking players, fans and/or empty stadiums, stadium workers, flight crew for traveling teams, hotel staff, etc.

It’s far less risky to do it in Edmonton than in Florida though.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Maybe I’m over reacting to the situation, but I think most of team sports should suspend until everything is under better control. Why risk yourself for the future?
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »

It’s far less risky to do it in Edmonton than in Florida though.

He's talking about next season.

:so_raven:
  • Options
  • Options
    I was just being silly

• Options
  • Options
    Just shut down the idea of the season. Everyone do their part and stay safe. Those folks in Edmonton who are sick: I hope you get better soon.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Man, who’s gonna complain about 5 or 6 hockey games staggered throughout the day? They gonna be on TV anywhere

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Man, who’s gonna complain about 5 or 6 hockey games staggered throughout the day? They gonna be on TV anywhere

More to the point, a sport-starved populace WILL tune in.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Also, games are at noon, 4pm and 8pm in each hub city’s local time.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular

More to the point, a sport-starved populace WILL tune in.

Yeah, but how many of the assorted leagues are gonna be up and running by then? I think it'll be baseball, basketball, and hockey. Plus football will be getting into the swing of things. It's going to be a real feast or famine summer and fall for sports.

This discussion has been closed.