As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Maybe I need to keep talking shit about the penguins and reverse jinxing them? Pens outshoot the Hawks 20-5 in the third period and tie the game with 2 goals.

Tweeter is me and image is (@ineffectivemath) game flow image from the NHL app

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Wings continue to not suck. It's weird.

Stevie Y's magic?

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    PhistiPhisti Registered User regular
    If you don't block shots and you don't go into corners and you don't back check all that hard the risk of injury is much less.

*disclaimer: I haven't watched hockey since Kessel was a leaf, this may no longer be a description of his style of play*

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Your Michigan top five picks update:

Owen Power (Buffalo) took the idea that he didn't have a lot of offensive upside personally, is 4th among all players in scoring a month into the season with 3-15-18 points in 12 games. Is also way better defensively than he was last year (was already pretty good)
    Matty Beniers (Seattle) has like 7 goals in the last 4 games to take over the team lead. 9-6-15 while being a great back checker and faceoff guy and what not.
    Luke Hughes (New Jersey) makes his share of freshman mistakes defensively, but skates like Quinn while having a better shot. 6-7-13. Also leads the nation in +/- if you care about that stat.
    Kent Johnson (Columbus) leads the nation in scoring with 4-16-20 and does absolutely silly things with the puck on his stick at least three times a game. Better defensively this year than last, has been killing penalties. But he's there to make plays and generate scoring chances, which he does all the time.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Man the Canucks are bad. If they lose today, I expect someone is going to get fired tomorrow.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Corvus wrote: »
    Man the Canucks are bad. If they lose today, I expect someone is going to get fired tomorrow.
    Welo 5-1 loss

• Options
    The Red Sox ownership group is about in talks with Mario Lemieux/Ron Burkle about possibly buying the penguins. Burkle/Lemieux were considering selling the team in 2016 for ~$700 million, according the reports at the time.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    The Red Sox ownership group is about in talks with Mario Lemieux/Ron Burkle about possibly buying the penguins. Burkle/Lemieux were considering selling the team in 2016 for ~$700 million, according the reports at the time.

I guess the Red Sox are looking for another team to own besides the Yankees.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Appreciate all the positive coverage of the islanders guaranteeing they'll be a lottery team this year

edit: and now our #1 d-man will be out for 6 weeks

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    sigh
    1uolqgc4056w.png
    montreal, why have you forsaken me
    (edit, if you look at games played montreal should really probalby be the second worst team in the league as Seattle and Ottawa are both on track to overtake them)

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I think everyone kind of knew the Habs were going to be bad this year, going all the way back to the playoffs last year. There was a very real sense of "enjoy the moment", 'cause dark days were on the horizon.

Then take Price and Weber out and... well, frankly I'm surprised that they're managing to stay a touch above Phoenix.

• Options
    yeah, not surprised at monteral at all. They are not a good team, just had an unreal streak in the playoffs last year. the biggest surprise in that chart is Colorado, though they've had covid and injury issues. But still, lots of teams to climb to get back into it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The Avs only real COVID issue was MacK missing the first (two, I think) games. But injuries! Good lord someone is going down every game. One of the only bright spots on the season has been Bowen Byram and now he’s out with his third career concussion already.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I hope any sale works out well for Pittsburgh and lemieux, but poorly for Burkle.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Don't underestimate the value of Drouin on last year's team either.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    What could be more Islanders than half the team getting covid from Florida on the opener of the new areener

• Options
    The Devils have a third jersey and it is…..not good.

• Options
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Makes me think of Jersey Shore or Real Housewives more than the NHL team

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Not a fan but I do appreciate folks leaning into the humor

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I want them to wear a uniform with pants that say PANTS

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Someone forgot to label the stick

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I like the font for Jersey on that alternate, but they need to dial back the stripes at least 50%. The shoulder stripes especially look real bad.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I like the font for Jersey on that alternate, but they need to dial back the stripes at least 50%. The shoulder stripes especially look real bad.

They are trying to cozy up to the linesmen and refs

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Sens are putting Matt Murray on waivers. Ouch.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    He cleared waivers and they grabbed Adam Gaudette from Chicago

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    He cleared waivers and they grabbed Adam Gaudette from Chicago

He hasn't cleared waivers yet. He was put on waivers today (saturday). We will find out Sunday if he clears.

In other news the Islanders have had two games postponed due to covid. This is fine.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Brendan Lemieux apparently bit Brady Tkachuk tonight. Got tossed for it. Yes, he's Claude's kid. Ban the whole family from the league.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
  • Options
    Vancouver? That locker room is already reported to be a wreck. Might as well pour more gas on that fire.

• Options
    Also he’s from here

• Options
    Brendan Lemieux apparently bit Brady Tkachuk tonight. Got tossed for it. Yes, he's Claude's kid. Ban the whole family from the league.

Tkachuk was fairly blunt as far as these things go

• Options
    Habs appear to be in complete turmoil.

Last night, assistant GM Scott Mellanby resigned. Sportsnet reported it was because after a bunch of high level meetings on the future of the management team, he was told that he was not going to be considered for a bigger role.

Then today the team fired Bergevin, the other assistant GM, and the team's director of communications. Jeff Gorton, formerly of the Rangers, has been hired as the executive VP of Hokey Operations and will oversee day to day until a new GM is hired.

The team also said that one of the requirements of a GM will be that they are bilingual, speaking English and French. While I get the want for it in the market (if you don't live in Canada you can't really understand just how important French is to Quebec), but that really, really, really cuts down the candidate pool for the team.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

How do you even get a chance to bite another player?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Habs appear to be in complete turmoil.

Last night, assistant GM Scott Mellanby resigned. Sportsnet reported it was because after a bunch of high level meetings on the future of the management team, he was told that he was not going to be considered for a bigger role.

Then today the team fired Bergevin, the other assistant GM, and the team's director of communications. Jeff Gorton, formerly of the Rangers, has been hired as the executive VP of Hokey Operations and will oversee day to day until a new GM is hired.

The team also said that one of the requirements of a GM will be that they are bilingual, speaking English and French. While I get the want for it in the market (if you don't live in Canada you can't really understand just how important French is to Quebec), but that really, really, really cuts down the candidate pool for the team.
    I’m choosing to believe that VP of Hokey Operations is 100% the position and not a typo.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    quovadis13 wrote: »

How do you even get a chance to bite another player?

Video of what happened.

• Options
  • Options
    Tristan Jarry has allowed 1 or less goals in his last 6 starts.

Now we just gotta figure out how to turn the offense on

This discussion has been closed.