As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    They don't, as far as I'm aware. Youtube has a way to do drops but apparently it doesn't work the same way as Twitch? And the last official word I've seen was this tweet from the OWL Commissioner which is... not promising.

So maybe they'll be back sometime this season? Hopefully?

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    so goat brigitte is a strictly pay to obtain skin eh

folks i’m not too proud to say i’m the idiot moron who will spend money on it, please forgive me

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I bought mine for OWL tokens. I have like 2000 left over from the past 2 seasons.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't generally but Owl costumes but I tend to get the special ones if they are for characters I use.

• Options
    i used my owl tokens for last year so i’m fresh out, it’s weird they didn’t have a setup for drops before they made the switch

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I don't spend money on this game so I don't even feel bad.

• Options
    I had like 1k tokens but I spent 900 of 'em on some of the hideous McMayhem skins since they were going away. Figured I'd have have enough time to earn tokens for whenever they dropped the next skin, but then whoops.

I suppose spending 5 bucks is better than 10, though.

• Options
    oh in the first couple of years i bought this game many times over with the amount of loot boxes i got

which i don’t care about, some folks buy magic cards or whatever their hobby is, i bought loot boxes every 3 months or so

i’m fully aware i’m dumb

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I spend way more money on disc golf and my bass guitar than anything else.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

huzzah, this was my biggest worry about the youtube changeover

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    ok, I seriously have to just plug a random dudes twitch from that last round so you all can hopefully catch him doing it again, Nanobeaver. Does a perfect McCree, made the round very weird in an amazing way ( no McCree on either team made it extra weird rofl). And wasn't like voice macro's, he would straight up say stuff we asked him to, and we almost lost we were laughing so hard.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ok, I seriously have to just plug a random dudes twitch from that last round so you all can hopefully catch him doing it again, Nanobeaver. Does a perfect McCree, made the round very weird in an amazing way ( no McCree on either team made it extra weird rofl). And wasn't like voice macro's, he would straight up say stuff we asked him to, and we almost lost we were laughing so hard.

I mentioned in game tonight that I played with a guy in TF2 semi-regularly who's name was Iroquois Pliskin and only spoke in an absolutely perfect Solid Snake voice. Regular conversation, game chatter, didn't matter. All Snake, all the time.

• Options
    Soe: "And the Titans with Fissure playing against one of his many former teams..."

Ha!

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Custa, you don't fix leaks with a plunger.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Custa, you don't fix leaks with a plunger.
    Well for very small values of "fixed"

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    they've really stepped up the walk out music at least!

• Options
    Symmetra getting play time right off the bat? This is fun!

• Options
    I'm really liking this new Paris so far! They look much more decisive than they did all of last year

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Double barriier Mei, yay...

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »

The other team is running Rein D.va and it's literally the first match of the season. Stop being a downer all the time.

• Options
    Xzi is making a pretty great debut to the OWL.

• Options
    THE OVERWATCH LEAGUE IS BRIGHT TO YOU BY CHEEZ-IT GROOVES

CHEEZ-IT GROOVES

THEY'RE A MIND CRUNCH

• Options
    edited February 2020
    ok well good to see that production is still...NA production :(. Come on guys try and get the commercial breaks right!

edit: don't want to sound like a downer, so will also add that i'm really enjoying these games. seeing the commit to sym on lijiang was great

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    The desk production has been super spotty but the on site stuff is primo. I like that the teams aren't just devolving to a mirror when they're niche strat doesn't work. So far they're playing a core that they are comfortable with and making small adjustments in the support and DPS to account for different situations.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Toronto tried dive on defense and got dunked. Oops.

Edit: it's working better on second

SirToasty on
  • Options
    holy *shit* Logix pounded on Havana

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    VICTORY MOMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY COCA-COLA!

• Options
    I am loving both the matches and the production quality.

• Options
    NYXL vs. London is delivering

• Options
    CHEEZ IT GROOVES

CRUNCH TIME

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    CHEEZ IT LEAVE US ALONE

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    C R U N C H T I M E

image0.jpg

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »

The other team is running Rein D.va and it's literally the first match of the season. Stop being a downer all the time.

Also they were probably only running double barrier because their off tank is sick and not playing today

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BOOSTIO SAVES THE DAY

• Options
    One of the reasons why Mei wasn't meta before was that pro-tier D.Va players could eat her slow-moving ults with regularity. I'm curious if Mei will stick around as D.Va play regains its old level of polish, or if she's just so flexible that she'll still be worth it.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    okay that titans shock hype reel was rad

clearly that's where all the production budget went

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KRILLIN IS COMING IN

• Options
    oh shit genji dive in 2020

This discussion has been closed.