Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/1nWrv7Ue81w
    Word on the street is Spitfire is rolling scrims, I swear if we get a repeat of last year...

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Shanghai always performed really well in scrims in the first season.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Spitfire is the poster child for feast or famine. They're very good at clutching things out, and also very good at fumbling right before the goal line. And scrim performance is pretty much a meme at this point, so hopefully things will stay as competitive as they have been.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Someone find Xepher and his scrimbuck stash.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Spitfire is the poster child for feast or famine. They're very good at clutching things out, and also very good at fumbling right before the goal line. And scrim performance is pretty much a meme at this point, so hopefully things will stay as competitive as they have been.
    Oh I'm sure it will still be competitive, the level of play is way higher this season. I'll just be annoyed if they win it all after slacking all season again

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh hey speaking of london the winston skin is available today

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    how many owl bucks

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    200 smackers

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    dammit they better throw me a hundo while i’ve got the playoffs on

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    did my support placements and went 4-1 and placed 80 sr higher than my career peak, FeelsGoodMan

i know it's end of beta and all, idk if it was because we had less games to play or just lucked out or what, but every one of those games had communicative, cooperative players and even the loss was an intense 5-6 on havana

gonna try and knock out tank games later tonight and DPS tomorrow

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    oh hey speaking of london the winston skin is available today

Aw man it's really good too.

Not quite as good as Zenopus but still good.

• Options
    all the playoffs teams have been getting those videos, they're dope

also play ins games begin tonight! all the hopefuls have gotten some pretty slick branding too (spoilered for huge)
    1500x500
    1500x500
    1500x500
    1500x500
    1500x500

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know Harbleu is like one of the few OW streamers I can watch these days.

Mainly cause he's one of the few who still earnestly enjoys playing it, compared to all the folks who obviously don't have much fun with it anymore but also don't want to stop cause its their main revenue source.

One of the main reasons I generally don't follow streamers especially single game streamers. They get burned out and it just becomes a drag.

• Options
    Oh no the playins start so late, I just got my sleep schedule back so that's going to have to be no. But I'll post my predictions
    4-2 Charge win
    4-1 Dragons win

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    It's hard to predict when it's a whole new meta.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Dragons might be good in this meta. They have a great Doomfist, and in this boring as shit double barrier meta he's the one of the only heroes that can actually have an impact in neutral fights.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    But their other two DPS are Pharah and Widow one-tricks.

• Options
    But their other two DPS are Pharah and Widow one-tricks.

Their third DPS is a Doomfist one-trick so it's ok.

• Options
    I think Dragons won't make it out of playins, I'm predicting them over Fusion because Fusion is just not very good. I'm not sure who will make it out of playins, although I'm hoping Spitfire doesn't cash out those scrimbucks

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Fusion is pretty rough but Carpe has such strong carry potential against mid-table teams and Shanghai looked so rough in stage 4 that I think I have to give the nod to Fusion.

That being said, with Sigma in the mix who the fuck knows what's gonna happen.

• Options
    Hotba is good at Sigma cause what isn't he good at?

• Options
    ashe is getting playtime?? i feel like i haven't seen her in years

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ashe is getting playtime?? i feel like i haven't seen her in years

Finally

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    bob: finally doing something

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

also nero is trying to end jinmu's whole career this map, jeez

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    this dogfight

was the wildest thing i've seen all series

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    this dogfight

was the wildest thing i've seen all series

Not pictured: Jinmu and Yveltal on the right side. It was 5 v. 2 on the rooftops.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    internethulk award
    mickie and custa reunited
    bro i'm not crying you're crying

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Apparently you can play the same map twice?

E: Apparently an issue with Numbani. Teams got to pick from a previous map instead.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Poko's Sigma looks damn good

Fuck man why am I still awake

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options

oh my god this series is a nightmare

playing a map twice is explicitly against the rules, and eichenwalde is still in the map pool? but numbani was bugged again and unselectable so they just shrugged and played king's row twice??????

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Oh god, I just realized that whichever team wins this has to play London in 12 and a half hours. Less than that if it goes on any longer.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Oh god, I just realized that whichever team wins this has to play London in 12 and a half hours. Less than that if it goes on any longer.

They might swap those matches. At least, they probably should.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    why on earth is there a match going on so late/early?

Was it delayed?

• Options
    They have to use those timeslots to get them on XD, I guess

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    edit: wait nevermind

I thought it was bizarre and unlikely that a match would be going on right now but the OWL site and Twitch channel both said "LIVE", and the schedule page claims it's happening right now as well

zp4lfd6wk40s.png

Not confusing at all guys, well done

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm if enemies suspended in the air by Sigma's ult count as on/contesting the point? Because I'm pretty sure I just stole a win by lifting up two opponents who were trying to stall

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if enemies suspended in the air by Sigma's ult count as on/contesting the point? Because I'm pretty sure I just stole a win by lifting up two opponents who were trying to stall
    No, they're too high up, you need to be careful if you don't have Orisa to plonk down

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Doomfist party today

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
This discussion has been closed.