As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Junkrat's first name revealed to be Jake in tribute

Sadly, Junkrat already has a canon name, Jamison Fawkes.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »

Junkrat's first name revealed to be Jake in tribute

Sadly, Junkrat already has a canon name, Jamison Fawkes.

he's just been going by his middle name all this time

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    The winter event is live! This is not a drill! Reaper is the Rat King and Soldier has an ugly sweater!

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i'm more excited for the balance patch tbh

gonna be interesting to see how things shake out

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    New and improved Snowball deathmatch is really good. You can store up to 3 snowballs now and you can catch enemy snowballs and use them yourself.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    okay getting to play in a deathmatch lobby with your group rules

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The PA crew has two new mini games to play while waiting for a match.

1) While in FFA, hide and seek with Sombra being the one who hides.

2) while in FFA, kill Baidol or Toasty.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Orisa is much more dynamic and fun to play now. I never liked playing as shieldbot orisa.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The PA crew has two new mini games to play while waiting for a match.

1) While in FFA, hide and seek with Sombra being the one who hides.

2) while in FFA, kill Baidol or Toasty.

3) forget the pit is there

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    We can talk about the better gameplay later; tonight we talk about FFA DM while waiting for a match

https://youtu.be/UnaDkukRoZg

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    So nuts how your right click managed to just hit in time to save you from my hook

• Options
    Got all the new Snowball Offensive achievements in about 20 minutes of play. The mindgames have evolved.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-december-11-2019/436637
    INTRODUCING: PARTY FLEX FOR ROLE QUEUE
    Unsure of which role you want to play? Now, party members who queue for any game mode with Role Queue enabled can select multiple roles, indicating what they’re willing to play in the next game.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    so there's a fun new bug involving mei walls and spawn doors

https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyHorribleClipzOhMyDog

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    so there's a fun new bug involving mei walls and spawn doors

https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyHorribleClipzOhMyDog

SADDLE UP FOLKS LET'S SIX STACK THIS

• Options
    I swear there was a music video from the 80s or 90s where they walked around like that.

• Options
    I swear there was a music video from the 80s or 90s where they walked around like that.

It was a V8 ad for a bit, maybe that's what you're remembering?
    https://youtu.be/mW0jfsPLWBY

• Options
    Possibly? Idk what else it could’ve been.

• Options
    Upon reviewing the footage, I screwed up the bug attempt by having us walk on the top of the wall instead of on the side last night.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
  • Options
    Also, for the 2020 season, Jake will be a caster and Custa will be an analyst.
    How much are you going to dominate the Talent Takedown if that’s played at All-Stars?

Jake: Am I allowed to use both hands, or…?

Custa: The talent doesn't even know what to expect. They'll call me a Mercy one-trick, but little do they know that my Doomfist throwing is still a higher rank than all of them.

• Options
    Also, for the 2020 season, Jake will be a caster and Custa will be an analyst.
    How much are you going to dominate the Talent Takedown if that’s played at All-Stars?

Jake: Am I allowed to use both hands, or…?

Custa: The talent doesn't even know what to expect. They'll call me a Mercy one-trick, but little do they know that my Doomfist throwing is still a higher rank than all of them.

If Custa's Doomfist throwing is higher than Bren's, it will be a sight to see.

• Options
    it's a smart move for both them and the league, they're charismatic af

hope they bring up lemonkiwi to duo with jake, assuming zp sticks with avast

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    also crosspost from g&t
    sigma tech sigma tech sigma tech

https://youtu.be/cs4O43DAZNk

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    also crosspost from g&t
    sigma tech sigma tech sigma tech

https://youtu.be/cs4O43DAZNk

That video could be 3 minutes long. I tried to skip ahead to find the tech and hit dial up noises (???) before actually getting to the tech.

• Options
    that was a goof! and the description has timestamps!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-december-11-2019/436637
    Unsure of which role you want to play? Now, party members who queue for any game mode with Role Queue enabled can select multiple roles, indicating what they’re willing to play in the next game.

Bring this to the pub que and I might actually be able to play again.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Bring this to the pub que and I might actually be able to play again.

I think that's the intention

• Options
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FYI the Breakable Barriers open tourney is running as of now, and so far it's a ton of fun. There's no single official stream but a ton of streamers are participating

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm watching Avast's team (with Fran, Custa, Cloneman, Jake, and Jay3). It's good times.

Edit1: They just finished rolling their first team and now they've decided to jump into quickplay as a 6 stack.

Edit2: And the response from the enemy team was "wtf" and "why?"

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm watching Avast's team (with Fran, Custa, Cloneman, Jake, and Jay3). It's good times.

Edit1: They just finished rolling their first team and now they've decided to jump into quickplay as a 6 stack.

Edit2: And the response from the enemy team was "wtf" and "why?"

Jake pretty proud of solo dueling a Ball as Ana.

• Options
    edited December 2019

Hex and ZP have reunited to cast day two of the Breakable Barriers tournament!

Right now its the big avast/jake/fran dream team vs ultraviolet's team, seems pretty close

Kana on
  • Options
    Harbleu's team is such a trip. Kephrii is just being a controlling douche and you can tell it's grating on everybody but Harb, Silkthread, and Gale are going absolutely bonkers in game.

• Options
    yeah the games are fuckin good tho

been following harb's stream through the tourney, hoping they face off against the meme dream stream team (still gotta go back and watch avast's VODs)

fake edit:
    oh nooo the meme dream team just lost

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Does the 9-win-challenge roll over tonight, or tomorrow? Also, what time?

(Thank you, if you know)

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I wanna say it usually resets around 10AM PST Tuesday but when I logged in last night it said '1 day left' so now I'm unsure.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I wanna say it usually resets around 10AM PST Tuesday but when I logged in last night it said '1 day left' so now I'm unsure.

Yeah that’s what confused me too. I couldn’t remember if “1 Day” meant “between 24-47 hours left” or if it was “less than 24”

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Looked it up, officially it's Dec 10-17, so I think it's business as usual and you have until Tuesday morning-ish

This discussion has been closed.