As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Finally caught up with the weekend OWL tourney.
    HOLYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIT SHANGHAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I'm glad I saved that one for last. WOW

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Oh my God Bren and Avast will cast

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    #BringTheMayhem

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    This is one of the fun things about e-sports; We all have access to the same game, and you can't really get injured playing, so we can do dumb shit like this that pros in irl sports could never risk.

Yaki will probably 20 - 0 him, but maybe Josh can get a lucky kill or 2 in somewhere. I'd love to see him actually get the 5 just for the stats screens and the team pictures of Sideshow in the team shirt.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Remember when Bren got plastered by Gesture? Friendly reminder that hitscan DPS is not Gesture's role in OWL (peak Widowmaker SR 4600 nothing to sneeze at of course). Yaki is a flex DPS player at the pro level.

• Options
    I dunno, sideshow really might be able to grind out 5 kills. He was a competitive TF2 player, he's good at projectiles, his lemming-like desire to feed doesn't really figure in to a pharah 1v1. If anything it's a sign of just how good his aim can be that he somehow still maintains 3k+ ranks generally.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Kana wrote: »
    He was a competitive TF2 player, he's good at projectiles

Hmm that's true.
    Kana wrote: »
    his lemming-like desire to feed doesn't really figure in to a pharah 1v1.

Oh I think it definitely does. Bren's first move against Gesture was to go for the grapple shot which got him decimated immediately. Sideshow is somehow even more brazen. I fully anticipate him to fly straight at Yaki and get repeatedly airshot.

SirToasty on
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh, they're playing in a custom game mode that basically gives the Pharahs a constant health regen equivalent to a Mercy heal pocket. So Sideshow has no chance lol. You have to hit back to back direct rockets or the enemy Pharah will never die.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I wish I had been able to play this week but I'm doing new job training and it starts at 5 in the morning, and I knew I couldn't trust myself to open up OW and go to sleep at a responsible time.

But at least I'll be able to watch Sideshow's murder / eternal glory live

Kana on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The Sideshow/Yaki 1v1 is happening now. Yaki should be scared, look how good Sideshow is https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousDreamyStarKreygasm

Stream links:
    Avast/Bren casting:

Sideshow POV:

Yaki POV:

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    REPORT YAKI FOR THROWING

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    I came in at "halftime" and it was amazing.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    that tweet is perfection

• Options
    edited May 2020
    The EU store doesn't have the current Mayhem shirt, and it's $230 to get one with Sideshow 2 on it imported from the US store, but I could get

KoDYoXR.png

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    But the new jersey is sooooo much better.

• Options
    Oh crap

I at least gotta buy a Florida pharah skin

• Options
    But the new jersey is sooooo much better.

No shirt is worth $230 though

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    CTF Blitz is good for lootboxes but also good for being mean to hamsters.

I apologize for how awful the video is. Capturing things through OBS is preeeeeetty rough with my old ass rig

Here's the code if you'd rather watch it in your client: 307AZ2 (~00:30-1:30)

https://youtu.be/99LG4YbuUw4

• Options
    FYI the Lunatic-Hai vs Runaway showmatch will be in roughly 16.5 hours and 2 hours before that is a Team Tobi vs Team Slime match made up of them plus their picks of some of the best Korean Contenders talent. Starts at 1am Pacific over on the Overwatch League channel. There will be a rebroadcast at noon Pacific.

• Options
    I for one will be staying up to watch that at 4am and i am extremely excited

i caught a bit of runaway's scrims last night and they had runner, leejaegon, and kaiser playing with them, was so nice to see them all playing together after what went down with the titans 😭

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The May melee highlight video contestants are getting released

https://youtu.be/8n4UF2DmKFg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUtbGy-A_8Y

• Options
    it's finally sp9rkle's birthday

he and xzi are gonna POUND when owl comes back

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    for anyone staying up/waking up early to catch the show matches live, bonnie (esports writer) is doing a companion stream with sen (SF social media) and swingchip (florida team manager) and it is my recommended avenue to view the games

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Please remember to ask swingchip how Sideshow's integration is going.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i wasn't familiar with swingchip before, but she was super entertaining on avast's stream during the yaki/sideshow 1v1

will have to catch the vod tomorrow, expecting a great match!

• Options
  • Options
    not a spoiler spoiler but
    and now i slumber

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    If anyone wants to join in me and baidol are playin'

Kana#12104

• Options
    I see there's a new experimental card. And they're buffing Genji and Hanzo??

These perfectly viable heroes need a buff over the trash heroes? I get that there are better DPS heroes, but why not nerf those instead of adding yet more damage creep?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    If M:tg and LoL have taught me anything it's that you need to accept and love power creep. It is the way.

• Options
    edited June 2020

What the hell is this nonsense?

Not in OWL by the way.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Sucks for the Uprising players that they're owned by shitty billionaires

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

Not in OWL by the way.

As much as I'd like to believe that flash of the sheild blocked the shatter, I'm more inclined to think it's a bug and just didn't register because of the slight rise on the ground around the corner, as the shield isn't raised until after the shatter connects.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »

Not in OWL by the way.

As much as I'd like to believe that flash of the sheild blocked the shatter, I'm more inclined to think it's a bug and just didn't register because of the slight rise on the ground around the corner, as the shield isn't raised until after the shatter connects.

I don't exactly when the shatter triggers but it looks like the shield is up after the hammer appears to touch the ground but is down before the shockwave animation begins.

This discussion has been closed.