As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Theft

Brandon20Brandon20 Registered User new member
Hello I took 150 from work as my dad has left the home and is not coming back due to Famliy issues I asked my grandad if he can send me 150 to give the money back to work they made me sign that paper and then resign

• Options
    Brandon20Brandon20 Registered User new member
    It is because he took all the money with him so my Famliy does not have Any money to pay bills

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Sorry to hear you're going through some family shit. I'm curious what help/advice you're looking for? At this point it seems like the issue with theft as been more or less resolved with you signing something and losing your job. I'm also curious as to your age (if you're a minor or an adult) and where you're located. Employment laws vary greatly from place to place and if your a minor that may affect the legal status of stealing money.

Unfortunately, the circumstances or reasons you had for stealing doesn't make it not theft.
    If your company caught you and they only made you resign, then count yourself fortunate they didn't call the cops and press charges.
    I'm also curious as to what paper they made you sign, if it was a write up or a confession or what. But, at this point that seems rather immaterial.

see317 on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Standard in retail, even places that officially prosecute all cases, if you return/pay off what you took and resign willingly they drop it - it's a huge waste of time and involves outside HR and/or LP people sticking their dicks everywhere. When you resign they usually don't need to put a reason on the HR papers so there's no official paper trail that you stole.

That said, dont shit where you eat. I get stealing to feed a starving family, but doing it from a place that A. has ALL your personal info on file and who B. give you money legitimately is the wrong way to do it. Not that there's a RIGHT way, but there are degrees of wrong, and stealing from work is one of the most wrong.

• Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    If you get into a situation again where you need money ASAP (especially if it is a legit emergency), also try asking if your boss can give you an advance on your next pay. A lot of places won't do it, but there's a chance they will.

This discussion has been closed.