As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Background check for child caregiver

RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
My family is looking to hire a caregiver for our two children and internet searches seem to be fraught with scams and peril when it comes to running a criminal background check.

Does anyone have a service they have used in the past that got the job done?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
Come Overwatch with meeeee

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Have you looked for a state criminal repository (if in US)? I know in my state there's a searchable database put up by the courts that shows all convictions of record, and their resolutions.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    My family is looking to hire a caregiver for our two children and internet searches seem to be fraught with scams and peril when it comes to running a criminal background check.

Does anyone have a service they have used in the past that got the job done?

Something like that might need registration or licensure at the state level, you might inquire - if it does I'd imagine a background check would be part. If not they may be able to direct you to resources?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.