As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

eye infection?

mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Last night I went to a party and then went to sleep forgetting to take my contacts off. This morning I woke up and noticed I had some hazy vision. Immediately took my contacts off and went in the mirror to check out my eyes and noticed they were somewhat bloodshot and my pupils had a red ring around my eye where my contacts were. After a shower and some eye drops, the red rings were getting better.

So H/A is this just general dryness and I should just stop wearing my contacts for the day or should I go see a doctor? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
mrcheesypants on

• Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, as you said, you forgot to take your contacts off. Sleeping with them apparently created some form of irritation. What kind of contacts are you wearing?

Toldo on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Toldo wrote: »
    Well, as you said, you forgot to take your contacts off. Sleeping with them apparently created some form of irritation. What kind of contacts are you wearing?

The brand name is acuvue2. Anyway the redness around my pupil has gone done but my eyes are still bloodshot.

mrcheesypants on
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i'd let your eyes take a break if you can, they're your eyes, take care of them, :)

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    From what I remember from my bouts with conjunctivitis, there's usually discharge with infections in the eye.

I'm not a doctor, so I'm most likely wrong.

But I'd say let them rest, and then go see a doc if the irritation persists.
    Also, I agree with the whole "never sleep with your contacts in" rule.

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd say, keep the contacts out, don't use glasses, put saline solution in your eyes, and rest them. For atleast a day or so.

It sounds much more like severe dryness and irritation than an infection.

If it's not gone after a day of rest, then see an ophthalmologist.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Eyes are for the most part better now than when I woke up this morning. Going to keep the contacts off for the rest of the day. Thanks for the help H/A.

mrcheesypants on

Then I moved to Georgia.