As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ereshkigal is rad as a character, but the use cases for her are a little narrow

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have to start saving now for Hokusai

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Being rad as a character is more than enough reason to roll. It's not like she's bad.

But I think I'll roll for Abby next, instead. Assuming I can survive the sight of Inferno.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I really hope we're getting Shimosa before the next Halloween event kicks off.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    It's always kind of a trip signing in and getting a ton of points off some random servant for no obvious reason. Not even a rare one, just a non-grailed Billy with a Quick buff CE.

Some real people of culture out there, I tell you what.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    So it looks like Gudao is going to be in both Babylonia movie and Camelot anime and Gudako gets nothing. Lame.

Also my interest in Babylonia is substantially reduced after seeing Ishtar's entrance in the Babylonia movie. Worse than Bradamante's NP.

• Options
    Nothing's worse than Bradamante's NP. Maybe Gudako will get a role in the inevitable Epic of Remnant or Lost Belt anime.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    The EOR manga had a 50/50 split on male/female protagonists, but those are also manga.

I wouldn't have my hopes up about anime for those, though - notice how the current ones are all the ones that Nasu wrote. Maybe LB4?

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    Nothing's worse than Bradamante's NP. Maybe Gudako will get a role in the inevitable Epic of Remnant or Lost Belt anime.

No seriously, go on the Reddit and look up Ishtar's entrance scene and you'll see.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

No seriously, go on the Reddit and look up Ishtar's entrance scene and you'll see.

Yepppp after watching it I have to revise my earlier statement

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Catching up on plot between events, had a fun little moment in Agartha where a servant I wrote off a while back proved super useful. Specifically, d'Eon was my freebie 4* when I first started, and not knowing what I was doing they didn't seem that useful; wound up burning them when I finally got a more damage-oriented saber.

Cut to a boss fight against Berserker of El Dorado, and a plot-provided d'Eon kept her flailing almost uselessly against them. Practically didn't need Mash there for tanking, though their combined NPs did reduce her damage down to single-digits once the evade wore off. Anyway, they were able to effectively lock her down almost single-handedly while Lancelot took her out. Turns out you only needed to break one bar to 'win' the fight, but I'm pretty sure the team could've taken her all the way down. Hell, d'Eon's cooldowns were the exact length of her charge meter so they could be ready to shut down her NP over and over.

Life's little moments. Sorry for underestimating you, Chevalier. Carry on :+1:

Edit: Gah, keep forgetting to drop my user ID. 841,971,377. Still leveling most of the few big guns I've gotten so far, but pat Fran's head and she'll help with wave clearing!

Stolls on
  • Options
    Shimousa chapter announced for 10/10 along with Musashi rate-up banner

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Catching up on plot between events, had a fun little moment in Agartha where a servant I wrote off a while back proved super useful. Specifically, d'Eon was my freebie 4* when I first started, and not knowing what I was doing they didn't seem that useful; wound up burning them when I finally got a more damage-oriented saber.

Cut to a boss fight against Berserker of El Dorado, and a plot-provided d'Eon kept her flailing almost uselessly against them. Practically didn't need Mash there for tanking, though their combined NPs did reduce her damage down to single-digits once the evade wore off. Anyway, they were able to effectively lock her down almost single-handedly while Lancelot took her out. Turns out you only needed to break one bar to 'win' the fight, but I'm pretty sure the team could've taken her all the way down. Hell, d'Eon's cooldowns were the exact length of her charge meter so they could be ready to shut down her NP over and over.

Edit: Gah, keep forgetting to drop my user ID. 841,971,377. Still leveling most of the few big guns I've gotten so far, but pat Fran's head and she'll help with wave clearing!

Added to the spreadsheet and sent a friends request.

Why would you burn d'Eon like that? What did s/he do to you? (But seriously, don't burn any servants until you get them to NP5, especially 4 and 5 Stars). And d'Eon's NP starts super weak at NP Level 1 but scales hard with NP levels.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    More to the point, don't burn any servants until you've gotten them to Bond 9 and extracted all of the free quartz from them.

• Options

Why would you burn d'Eon like that? What did s/he do to you? (But seriously, don't burn any servants until you get them to NP5, especially 4 and 5 Stars). And d'Eon's NP starts super weak at NP Level 1 but scales hard with NP levels.

Aw, thanks! And yeah, that was an early mistake when I had no idea what fresh hell I'd gotten into, and didn't see the value in holding onto a unit I wasn't using much. I just appreciate the irony of that same unit coming back late in the game to prove super useful. Suffice to say my first gacha excursion is basically a sports comedy movie where the team of scrubs has to get their shit together by the end.

• Options
    edited October 2019

Aw, thanks! And yeah, that was an early mistake when I had no idea what fresh hell I'd gotten into, and didn't see the value in holding onto a unit I wasn't using much. I just appreciate the irony of that same unit coming back late in the game to prove super useful. Suffice to say my first gacha excursion is basically a sports comedy movie where the team of scrubs has to get their shit together by the end.
    Neveron wrote: »
    More to the point, don't burn any servants until you've gotten them to Bond 9 and extracted all of the free quartz from them.

This is also something that would've been helpful to learn a while back. :redface:

Edit: Blah, sorry for the doublepost, too early in the morning. But thanks all for the advice and support, I'll do my best to be marginally less dumb going forward.

Stolls on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Shimosa is almost here! I have 19 tickets and 540 SQ ready for Musashi, but I will wait with rolling until Tomo'e solo banner - I do not really have any reason to try and get Chiyome.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    5 tickets got me another kaleidoscope.
    10 pull got me a Prisma Cosmos (my first!) and Archer of Inferno.

I'll call this good and go back to saving I think...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    This chapter is pretty good so far, just finished Section 3

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Maybe I should actually finish Shinjuku.

• Options
    The Epic of Remnant chapters are nominally nonlinear and can be beaten in any order, but they also totally make references to earlier ones in later ones (some stuff in early Agartha re:Rider of the Resistance vs. Archer of Shinjuku comes to mind).

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Maybe I should actually finish Shinjuku.

You should. It's one of the 3 best Singularities along with Camelot and Babylonia. Or 4 I'd you allow CCC to be included.

Meanwhile Agartha is one of the worst 3 Singularities next to Septum and London.

• Options
    I would not rate Shinjuku nearly that high personally. I'd probably put it below America somewhere, just above London probably

• Options
    You might be misremembering just how disjointed and weird America is. Like, hey, remember Beowulf? Or Scathach' big pile of nothing?

It's got a strong ending, as does London, but the beginning and middle just drag on and on and on (as does London). At least Shinjuku has constant narrative movement and a fairly strong arc for the obligatory support character.

I would argue that London is probably better than Orleans, though.

• Options
    I'm not misremembering anything, I enjoyed America far more than I did Shinjuku.

• Options
    Fair enough. America's probably the best or second-best singularity at the time of release, anyway (I really liked Okeanos).

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Rolled some tickets on the banner trying to see if I could nab Archer of Inferno or the new Lancer. Did not get either.

Really cannot complain about what I did get though. Had to break into the Ember fund but Miyamoto Musashi is now ready to roll.

Madican on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Rolled some tickets on the banner trying to see if I could nab Archer of Inferno or the new Lancer. Did not get either.

Really cannot complain about what I did get though. Had to break into the Ember fund but Miyamoto Musashi is now ready to roll.
    So you...rolled for the SR and R but got the SSR? From just tickets?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Holy hell

Just rolled once on the new banner and got two Musashis

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I got a bunch of trash CEs...but they were at least the fifth of a bunch of them so I could combine them and shove them into storage. I haven't had much interest in playing anyways.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Holy hell

Just rolled once on the new banner and got two Musashis

That is some ridiculous luck and congratulations.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

So you...rolled for the SR and R but got the SSR? From just tickets?

Aye. I pretty much only do singles, tickets or otherwise.

• Options
    Rolled 3 10s. Got literally nothing. A Heaven's Feel and a smattering of 4* CEs and that's it.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, I've prepared 19 tickets and 510 SQ for this banner, but I've got my copies of Musashi and Inferno Archer just after spending tickets and 90 SQ. Now I wonder If I should continue rolling to get Inferno to at least NP2, or to not bother and better save SQ for next banners... Gramps approaches next month after all!

• Options
    Threw my war chest at the banner, came away with multiple copies of Inferno, some 5 star CE dupes, and a good spook with the rainbow orbs: Karna. This is fantastic because I have to actually think about what I want to roll for on the guaranteed banner next time it rolls around.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Bae solo rate up is here...

56 Tickets...
    Ticket 4 - Tomoe :D
    Ticket 12 - Musashi NP2
    Ticket 26 - Tomoe NP2
    Ticket 31 - Arjuna!?
    Ticket 39 - Tomoe NP3
    Ticket 44 - Astolfo NP2

I'm so shocked...is this where my ticket luck has gone for my entire account?

Not at the finish line yet, at any rate.

Roll 1 - 4* CE (ah, that's more like it)
    Roll 2 - Tomoe NP4, Volumen Hydragyrum CE (first), 4* CE
    Roll 3 - Beowulf NP3, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 4 - 4* CE, 4* CE, Houzoushin+NP2
    Roll 5 - Karna!?, 4* CE, Victor of the Moon CE, 4* CE
    Roll 6 - Another Ending CE, 4* CE

And now into paid...
    Roll 7 - 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 8 - 4* CE, Houzoushin NP3-5
    Roll 9 - 4* CE, Musashi NP3, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 10 - 4* CE, Black Grail CE, 4* CE
    Roll 11 - 4* CE
    Roll 12 - 4* CE, 4* CE, 2030 CE, Anne/Mary NP2
    Roll 13 - 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 14 - Limited/Zero Over CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 15 - 4* CE, Ibaraki NP3, 4* CE
    Roll 16 - 4* CE
    Roll 17 - 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 18 - 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 19 - Tomoe NP5, 4* CE, 4* CE

whew. had to still end up going pretty deep for that but holy shit @ everything along the way. wow. Well, actually, if I sum up the tickets and everything, that's about what I expected I'd need to throw in just for Tomoe, so really everything else is a huge bonus.

vMtQKaxl.png

P3BEC2kl.png

rlVnV2Ql.png

okay, now to rush Shimosa so I can get the Magatama...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Tomoe NP5, Both Curry Bros!?, A Musashi, your first Volumen Hydragyrum (that's such a good CE). I am so glad you got luck on the banner you have been waiting on for ages. Enjoy your QT Oni Waifu. May she enjoy her soon-to-be-given-Grails.

Glad the luck you borrowed/stole from me worked out for you.

• Options
    Mostly keeping my powder dry this banner, but I did throw one 10-pull at it; largely rubbish, but amidst that rubbish was baby's first Kaleidoscope.

Oh Fraaaaan? Got something for you :whistle:

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The first copy of kaleidoscope you get is more valuable than anything else you could have rolled. Good stuff!

I didn't get anything, but I'm also not throwing any more than one 10-roll. Felt obligated to do the one, but I'm satisfied with having NP5 Tomoe on my JP account.

• Options
    Assassin bosses are always such a pain in the ass, especially the ones with multiple health bars.