Options

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    What update did the banshees get? I thought it was exactly the same?

Exarch can take a Triskele now?

And yes, the CHE traits are good (+1 to hit is probably going to be the one that gets abused). Which obviously they desperately needed because it's not like CHE are one of the most competitive Craftworlds units or anything.

Was triskele only an index option? I'd have to check the codex.

Yeah, just Jain had it in the Codex.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    The consensus on the tubes of bytes known as the interwebs, and at my LGS, is that Dark Eldar got the better end of Phoenix Rising. I know a couple Drukhari players in my local meta who are happy with the book.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Teaser trailer up at WarhammerTV. Looks like the next Pyschic Awakening book might be Black Templars and some of the less rules blessed CSM legions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNOVbn6oaU

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Teaser trailer up at WarhammerTV. Looks like the next Pyschic Awakening book might be Black Templars and some of the less rules blessed CSM legions.

I ran it at slow motion:

Chaos: Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion.

Loyalist: BT, Salamanders, White Scars, Guard, Sisters

One chaos symbol I don't know. Looks like the 8 pointed star combined with the WE but not Khorne.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The consensus on the tubes of bytes known as the interwebs, and at my LGS, is that Dark Eldar got the better end of Phoenix Rising. I know a couple Drukhari players in my local meta who are happy with the book.

Probably, but I suspect that some of the shine is going to fall off the new Obsessions quickly (Venoms wounding on 2+ is crazy good but they can also literally kill themselves in 3 turns) while there are a couple of Craftworlds builds that will probably have longer appeal.

Before Phoenix Rising dropped I saw a few players really rating Skyrunner Conclaves; giving them a bonus 2 damage per attack from Witch Strike is going to be huge. With the right set of buffs they can very easily drop a Knight or two a turn now.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I ran it at slow motion:

Chaos: Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion.

One chaos symbol I don't know. Looks like the 8 pointed star combined with the WE but not Khorne.

But that is the world eater's icon
    sgouo1asjldr.png

still yay Tankred Lives!
    4igcuthnhp5w.png

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

I ran it at slow motion:

sgouo1asjldr.png

still yay Tankred Lives!
    img]

I thought it was but in the CSM book they have a different symbol. Still eating the planet but it isn't the 8 pointed star but the Khorne symbol.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Is that World Eaters, or is it for berserkers?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options

I ran it at slow motion:

sgouo1asjldr.png

still yay Tankred Lives!
    img]

I thought it was but in the CSM book they have a different symbol. Still eating the planet but it isn't the 8 pointed star but the Khorne symbol.

Long ago world eaters had a more blocky one
    xprdqog7api5.png
    It was easy to do
    t9e7uxgiwr36.png

• Options
    Now I have a question as I was sent this as a bonus I know it's a dark eldar release but it's broken and I barely remember how she looked?
    4g37zqvqh4mp.png
    just dry fitting it back together it doesn't see right? but I looked in vain online from what I can remember the model was called

• Options
    edited October 2019
    That's Kruellagh the Vile! It doesn't look right because her model was atrocious.

Kruellagh_the_Vile.jpg

Burnage on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    There's a reason she's not around any more and it's not because Disney got cranky.

Yerk, the number of people who painted her body suit fleshtones. :P

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    How is she even supposed to stay on that base

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular

The base is slotted, the metal tab in Brainleech's photo goes in the slot and gets glued there

A whole lot of models used to be designed this way in 2E & 3E, nowadays it's just Hormagaunts iirc (and those models are metal instead of plastic, so they immediately snap off the base even with the tab)

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Monwyn wrote: »

The base is slotted, the metal tab in Brainleech's photo goes in the slot and gets glued there

A whole lot of models used to be designed this way in 2E & 3E, nowadays it's just Hormagaunts iirc (and those models are metal instead of plastic, so they immediately snap off the base even with the tab)

I had a few of the Hormagaunts snap the tab off as I tried to force them into the slot base so I just swapped it for a normal 25mm base and glued them to it so since I have not primed my gaunts {It's why I want to get a airbrush as I have 40+ hormaguant and 130+ gaunts so painting each by hand is months let alone priming them}

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Got the light setup and a magnet for the armor. Basically done with this part. Now I need to paint all the armor up.

That picture is so bad. I'll take a better one tomorrow when my phone is charged.

Soldering was as easy as I remembered it but I forgot about the smoke/fumes from it. I started and stopped basically right away so I could put a mask on.
    jd8g90vig5gw.jpg

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So actually it came out really well.

2cxr5i8hqqt3.jpg

I'm not going to lie, seeing how this Telemon came in various chunks makes me realize that you could EASILY print this en mass on an Anycubic Photon. Resin 3D Printers that are apparently really good are down to like $200 now, but 3D scanners remain outrageously expensive -- and I don't know if the $400 starter models have the resolution needed to scan say, a robo arm thing from the Space Wolves Iron Priest. In addition, I wouldn't even know where to begin with the software needed to edit and clean up a 3D scan.

IN OTHER NEWS,

KiTA's Adventures in Sketchy Russian 40k Sites: The Custodian Guard Chapter

https://imgur.com/a/aYDDzKV

Everything looks good, other than the bases, which are, uh... odd. The guy apparently accidentally included part of a plastic Custodian Guard, too. Debating sending it back to him, since that would be funny... except it appears there are only 4 of the uh, "strangely white" Custodes legs, so maybe that was intentional.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So the warcom articles for phoenix rising and blood of the phoenix repeatedly promoted the box as a starting point for a Ynnari army, but looking at the book, named characters are still prohibited in Ynnari armies and while the story is also about Jain Zar becoming an Ynnari there's nothing in the rules about that. So the box is more ore less useless for Ynnari, right? Even more so when Incubi don't even get benefits from being in a Ynnari detachment.

Regarding the rest of the rules in the book, I quite like the craftworld traits, some of the exarch tables are really nice (avengers for example) and the me psychic powers instead of smite seem fun for a psyker heavy army. On the other hand anything with the new Banshees and Jain is really disappointing. Jain herself got arguably nerfed, the banshees didn't get any useful offensive boost and none of their exarch powers seem better than war shout. Although with the 5++ in addition to warshout they could be a tanky unit? Also mirror blades are still awful and the corresponding exarch power only emphasizes that.

Edit: is the designers commentary still in play that said that weapon strength modifiers come after strength characteristics modifiers? That would give striking scorpion exarchs with crushing blow strength 10 instead of 8. Kinda way better than decapitating strike for the Banshee exarch. Although +1 to hit with mandiblasters for the whole unit seems way better than both of those. Like generally the powers that work on the unit instead of only the exarch seem like a no-brainer in comparison.

honovere on
  • Options
    Incubi are actually pretty strong when run as Ynnari. The stratagem to give them Strength from Death got cheaper to use, so they can be running around with +1 to hit, rerolling 1s to hit from the Visarch and rerolling all wounds from Unbind Souls or Inevitable Fate. This is in contrast to the only buff they have access to when run as not-Ynnari being... the +1 to wound from Drazhar, which they can get even as Ynnari if he's run in a different detachment.

It's a heavy investment, but 30 Ynnari Incubi will straight up murder things now.

• Options
    Incubi are actually pretty strong when run as Ynnari. The stratagem to give them Strength from Death got cheaper to use, so they can be running around with +1 to hit, rerolling 1s to hit from the Visarch and rerolling all wounds from Unbind Souls or Inevitable Fate. This is in contrast to the only buff they have access to when run as not-Ynnari being... the +1 to wound from Drazhar, which they can get even as Ynnari if he's run in a different detachment.

It's a heavy investment, but 30 Ynnari Incubi will straight up murder things now.

So the return of the Incubi death star?

• Options

If you can get them in combat yes.

Verse most of the good armies in the game they will be shot off the table so fast that you won't know what hit you.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I thought in the lore Jain Zar was a vocal promoter of the Ynnari. So I can see being able to use her for both Ynnari and Craftworld games. I don't feel the box is worthless {you can still play ebay for the bits and chunks to build a ynnari army I am tempted to do so. I am also tempted to do a Eldar corsair army like the void dragons or sunblitz brotherhood}

Part of me wants to get the game another just wants to just wait and see when the bits market evens out and get it that way

• Options

Verse most of the good armies in the game they will be shot off the table so fast that you won't know what hit you.

Yeah, this is why I'm hesitant to add them to my lists. Drazhar and Incubi got buffed, but I'm skeptical that they got buffed enough to be competitively viable. Especially now that we're in a meta where everyone's geared up to take out infantry with a 3+ save.

• Options

Yeah, this is why I'm hesitant to add them to my lists. Drazhar and Incubi got buffed, but I'm skeptical that they got buffed enough to be competitively viable. Especially now that we're in a meta where everyone's geared up to take out infantry with a 3+ save.

I think using them in a Venom spam list as a fast targeted msus would work. They put out a lot of attacks per model and can do damage to things like primaris pretty well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I only know of the incubi death star from the very toxic person who was the only person I knew of that played Drukkari.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ran my custodes into another imperial guard kill team favoring numbers over ap.

Was pretty gross and or funny

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I have the pulpy sci fi storm trooper kill team I have not assembled because I don't know what some of those weapons are on the sprue

I found someone selling Kasarkin so I have bene using them but I can say it's not as useful as some of the kill teams I have built

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I've got a birthday coming up in a couple weeks and my parents are way ahead of the game... looks like my Daemons and CSM are headed to the garden of Nurgle soon.

mxvyg3xmzrk3.jpg

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/24/the-scoop-from-spielGw-homepage-post-2/?fbclid=IwAR3_i7p30pLYMTyWts9jM6ppNyq9Pc_SOaB_SNoGxgJy9h4gxbPzbWF4NX8

That necromunda box is looking really nice. But now Enforcers have the biggest choice of models it seems? Kinda weird.

The corpse grinder gang looks like it comes with actual juves, that's cool

honovere on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Was just coming here to gush about that.

Been wanting to plunge into Necromunda so I am hype on it.

• Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/24/the-scoop-from-spielGw-homepage-post-2/?fbclid=IwAR3_i7p30pLYMTyWts9jM6ppNyq9Pc_SOaB_SNoGxgJy9h4gxbPzbWF4NX8

That necromunda box is looking really nice. But now Enforcers have the biggest choice of models it seems? Kinda weird.

The corpse grinder gang looks like it comes with actual juves, that's cool

I want that terrain real bad.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    jf7mmxet7xqe.png

They're not nendroids, but I do like them.

• Options
    o hell yeah that Necromunda. I was going to get the enforcers but it was the 1-2-3 punch is why I threw the brakes on getting them
    the one two three punch is what happened June 20 I went to court over my yard paid the $600 in fines and fees Went to work and was fired
    Hopefully it's 160 or so as For the Terrain and Enforcers

• Options
    o hell yeah that Necromunda. I was going to get the enforcers but it was the 1-2-3 punch is why I threw the brakes on getting them
    the one two three punch is what happened June 20 I went to court over my yard paid the $600 in fines and fees Went to work and was fired

I thought the new boxes were $230?

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »

I thought the new boxes were $230?

That's Blood of the Phoenix so far [as far as I know}

• Options
    So I fixed Kruellagh
    But she was bent odd so I feel I will fix the joints with some green stuff
    zn1w49cbf4e5.png
    So she ended up looking like my coming out of a front flip harlequin or mocking it

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Played my first match with the tau I've been collecting piecemeal for a while now. A buddy wanted to try a list that he has for an upcoming 1500pt tournament. Also, he's a masochist because it's a grey Knights list.

Me: Tau sept, Commander, cadre fireblade, two squads of fire dudes, squad of breachers, a squad of stealth suits, two riptides, a missile side, and a Pathfinder squad, plus a sacea Sept with an ethereal and three marksmen for marker lights... And like 24 drones, mostly in pairs.

Him: a land Raider, a baby carrier, a paladin squad, a Terminator squad, a couple of strikes quads, a banner guy, and valdus... And a squad of dudes that teleports.

It would have been a little more balanced had he rolled better, but I basically tabled him by turn four. Turn one killed his land Raider and there were casualties. I deployed well enough to prevent any bad deepstrikes, so he was stuck dropping outside my castle turn two.

Not really much to say from there I guess... he advanced into the guns, trying to get through my screens, and I shot the s*** out of him. Tau overwatch is nothing to joke about either.

Prior to the game I'd read about the list that was played by Richard Siegler at Nova. His strategy was to use all the pairs of drones that drop with the squads and other units to clog the lanes moving towards his side of the board, then play the long game to shoot his opponent off the board by turn 5.

It worked :lol:

Small groups of Shield drones running interference out in front of my Army, rather than soaking wounds exclusively, bogged down my buddies grey Knights so badly that he wasn't able to make a successful charge on anything that counted and I chipped away at his army without any real reprisal.

5/5 would tau again

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    So they updated the apoc data sheets and added the new models but it looks like all the new Space Marines stuff Space Wolves get access to in 40k didn't get added to the Space Wolves data sheet.

That is annoying.

• Options
    There's supposed to be more new stuff coming up for this event right?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    There's supposed to be more new stuff coming up for this event right?

Next round is a Chaos vs. BT box though the rumors are disappointing so far. No new BT models. And just a new sorc for Chaos.

Supposedly the story is centered on EC vs. BT. With special rules for both like improved chaplains for BT.

u7stthr17eud.png