As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    This is also why I don't chase the meta.

Also how any non Guilliman gunline chapter felt since 8th hit.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    This is also why I don't chase the meta.

Also how any non Guilliman gunline chapter felt since 8th hit.

Yeah, I leave meta chasing to the hardcore tournament players - the guys who don't bat an eyelid at picking up an entire new army every couple of months.

I'm perfectly happy sticking to stuff I like the look and feel of, even if they're not necessarily the best armies in the game.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Thats why i decided to go back to IH a few months ago, and now look what happened!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Wow.
    FWPreorder-Sep13-DaemonsWBG-sh382.jpg
    FWPreorder-Sep13-Daetails-1jxuye.jpg

Ruinstorm Daemon Brutes. Those are some gorgeously painted models.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    GW promo shots always manage a really nice blue-black tone that I've never been able to master.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    PsyAwk-Sep16-Incubi4dfg.jpg

HELLO YES I LOVE IT ALREADY

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Some salamanders stuff leaked.

oof

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Does anyone know what size base this Chaos Familiar is supposed to have? No base for it came with the old Terminator Lord + Cadre box that I can find, and none of the extra/unused bases I have seem the right size.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    PsyAwk-Sep16-Incubi4dfg.jpg

HELLO YES I LOVE IT ALREADY

Oh cool, it only took 10 years but now we're finally getting a model for a unit nobody brings anymore with a weapon that's pretty not great. I'll be pre-ordering that box immediately.

Also, give me a new Drazzhar.

• Options
    I'm expecting some rules updates for Incubi in Phoenix Rising, but even without that the model is good enough that I'm going to be picking it up regardless.

This has also given me hope that both Jain Zar and Drazhar will be getting model updates too, which they both desperately need.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what size base this Chaos Familiar is supposed to have? No base for it came with the old Terminator Lord + Cadre box that I can find, and none of the extra/unused bases I have seem the right size.

I thought it was part of the lord's base?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I thought it was part of the lord's base?
    Pretty sure it's separate

DSC_0354.JPG

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Then it's a 28mm one

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Any particular reason for it to be separate? It would look bitchin' riding on the back of the lord, Master-Blaster style. (Would have to skip the trophy rack, though.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Blood Angels also have the librarian dread HQ so even codex only armies (of blood Angels) already could.

That librarian dread can also use the blood angels psychic power to grow magic wings and fly.

Glorious

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Re: The Iron Hands discussion: I'm not going to chase the meta, I'm going to learn every detail of playing my Ultramarines right and tweak my list until it works the way I want it to.

It's just frustrating when GW does this. Releases a codex that clearly everyone, including the play testers, think is a bit much and under points a model so hilariously that their desire to sell the model is a bit too transparent. I should be used to this after being a GW game player for 20 years off and on, it just feels bad to buy, assemble and paint a bunch of plastic only to have them release a book that is effectively a pin in your balloon.

What I'm saying is I know exactly how you CSM players felt a month ago.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I watched my Iron Hands successor chapter get nerfed at the beginning of 8th edition, then have their chapter tactic get nerfed again thanks to xenos players stacking FNP rolls, then saw other chapters get characters and upgrade sprues while I had no characters at all so I'm pretty happy right now. From the beginning of 8th Edition until now, outside of a single relic, a single strategem, and the chapter tactic there was nothing separating Iron Hands from vanilla marines. They didn't even get mentioned in Imperium 1 because they had no datasheets.

The joke was that GW was punishing Iron Hands players in 8th edition for all of the Smashfucker shenanigans that were happening back in 7th, but it's nice to get some new rules and finally get a chapter specific model. The Iron Hands are the only loyalist first founding chapter that didn't even have a character, meanwhile Ultramarines have like 8 and even Forge World chapters have multiples. The Red Scorpions have three models of the same guy!

I didn't get to play a game this week because the guy I usually play with was out of town, but I'm going to be spending this week finishing up the Razorbacks I've been neglecting and running a ton of them next Saturday and I can't wait.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    I do feel bad my black templars got benched because I suck at painting black {the drybrushing trick they showed and I messed up about}
    But I still feel outside of Helbrecht and Grimaldus Tankred would be awesome a generic dred with never give up rules as they can just tell you with simple parts you have laying around you can make your own

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also I would say right now Smurfs and Iron Hands are top tier between each other. UM have so many amazing characters it is hard to count. Chronus, Bobby-G, Calgaer, and Tiggy to name a few. Every single one is great. The UM also get a lot of really great toys. Their special ability to go with doctrines is no less insane now. Yeah IH are amazing but they are different amazing. UM are the counter to a shit ton of armies. Their aggressors are just so good. Same with their intercessors and infiltrators and sternguard and... You get the point.

I think Ravenguard and White Scars are the weak side of things. Though even then they are decent mid tier armies at the least. And Ravenguard are going punish heavy character armies and funny enough knights. Like they are super Blood Angels verse Knight Characters now.

I don't know. I think the supplements of course have tier to them but overall I feel they are moving the game rules wise into a good direction. Unique play experiences and fun rules that are decently balanced.

Again I would be pissy as a CSM player if it wasn't for the fact I got Lord Ds that are amazing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I mean look, I'm not crying about Ultramarines being weak. It's damn good book and combines exceptionally well with the new Space Marine ethos in general. It's that Iron Hands makes the list I've been prepping very, very good. Specifically being able to plant the Iron Father next to my two Executioners and saying "good luck" to anyone wanting to wipe them off the board.

But hey, I've still got move and shoot Aggressors with fall back and shoot, with transhuman and reengage, so it's not all bad :D

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I mean I play Blood Angels so I ain't got shit beyond smash captains (and those sick psychic flying dreads).

They still haven't made a dedicated melee primaris unit (Reivers do not count).

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    Supposedly the Salamanders character will have a thunder hammer, like Shrike got "lightning claws", so maybe that will be the start of bringing over more melee options. I'm surprised they didn't expand out the Primaris Captain options with the new Codex. I'm sure they have a plan internally, but it is head scratchy some times.

• Options
    Oh man, I can't find the foot for one of my Dreadnoughts. It's an old metal boxnaut too, so it's heavy as shit. I know it's around here somewhere, but I don't know where it is.

I put it somewhere specific so that I would not forget where it is!

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Desk drawer?

• Options
    So the London GT was this weekend. Quick results.

1. Anthony Chew – CWE/DE

2.Mani Cheema – CWE/DE

3.Patrik Sanfilippo – SM

4. Innes Wilson – SM

It’s important to note that with 360+ players and London GT there were 14 undefeated players; nine 5-0 and five 4-0-1. The breakdown of those factions are as follows:

1 Ork

4 Eldar

4 Space Marines

5 Imperium (mostly triple knight variants)

Stolen from comp reddit and Panda's weekly post.

Of those 4 space marines 8th place was a Sally player. 3rd was UM and 5th was White Scars. So yeah new SM are screwing with the meta hard core it seems.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://warhammerart.com/shop/warhammer-40000/alien-xenos/drahzar-vs-jain-zar/

GW sells a piece of artwork called drahzar vs Jain Zar that's relatively new.

Maybe that's how new Drahzar will look? A bit generic maybe. The drukhari vehicle in the upper right looks cool though.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Maybe that's how new Drahzar will look? A bit generic maybe. The drukhari vehicle in the upper right looks cool though.

well it and the asurmen one with another of the codex covers but alas it does suck living on a budget

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

I think that's practically confirmation that Drazhar's getting a new model. Pretty sure the vehicle's a Reaper from Forgeworld, too.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Warcom now has a post about that piece with confirmation. I guess that it got put online a bit early and GW scrambled.

Edit:
    Fists and salamanders characters.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/18/fists-and-fire-new-miniatures-revealed/
    The salamander in particular is nice

So Tor Garadon has A s12 powerfist.

It's going to be fun when GW makes a big hype about Drahzar and Jain Zar the millennia old gestalt superelves and every marine character from the supplements just wipes the floor with them.

honovere on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Jain Zar wins pretty much on the ability to disable a model's melee weapon.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Desk drawer?

Found it! It was in a package with a Primaris captain for some reason.

I'm trying to get a bunch of dreadnoughts ready for this weekend, I can't have one hobbling around on one foot, that would just be embarassing.

• Options
    Jain Zar wins pretty much on the ability to disable a model's melee weapon.

I actually forgot about that one. Poor Drahzar on that artwork. That's going to be really embarrassing. In front of all his bros.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

1. Anthony Chew – CWE/DE

2.Mani Cheema – CWE/DE

3.Patrik Sanfilippo – SM

4. Innes Wilson – SM

It’s important to note that with 360+ players and London GT there were 14 undefeated players; nine 5-0 and five 4-0-1. The breakdown of those factions are as follows:

1 Ork

4 Eldar

4 Space Marines

Of those 4 space marines 8th place was a Sally player. 3rd was UM and 5th was White Scars. So yeah new SM are screwing with the meta hard core it seems.

Man what was the ork running to go undefeated?

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

1. Anthony Chew – CWE/DE

2.Mani Cheema – CWE/DE

3.Patrik Sanfilippo – SM

4. Innes Wilson – SM

1 Ork

4 Eldar

4 Space Marines

Not sure as I didn't have the list but I think it was similar to what Anthony Birdsong was running at NoVA.

The key is a lot of grots and 18 smasha guns.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019

1. Anthony Chew – CWE/DE

2.Mani Cheema – CWE/DE

3.Patrik Sanfilippo – SM

4. Innes Wilson – SM

1 Ork

4 Eldar

4 Space Marines

Not sure as I didn't have the list but I think it was similar to what Anthony Birdsong was running at NoVA.

Yep, something similar.
    + Player: Martin Buch
    + REPORTED ARMY FACTION: Orks
    + TOTAL COMMAND POINTS: 19
    + TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 2000
    + POWER LEVEL: 104
    + ARMY FACTIONS USED: Orks
    + TOTAL REINFORCEMENT POINTS: 0
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

== Brigade Detachment (Dread Waaagh!)== Orks, Deathskullz [95PL, 1786 pts] 11 CP

HQ: Warboss (65), Kustom Shoota (2), Power Klaw (13), Stikkbombs (0), Attack squig (0), 2x Slugga (0) [4 PL][80pts]
    HQ: Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun (55), Grot oiler (4), Shokk Attack Gun (25), Stikkbombs (0) [4PL][84pts] (WARLORD, Warlord trait: Bigkilla Boss, Relic:Da Souped-Up Shokka)
    HQ: Bik Mek (55), Kustom Forcefield (20), Choppa (0) [5 PL][75 pts]

TR: 30 Boyz (210), Boss Nob (0), Power klaw (13), Slugga x30 (0), Choppa x29 (0), Stikkbombs (0), Tankbusta bomb x3 (0) [11 PL][223 pts]
    TR: 30 Boyz (210), Boss Nob (0), Power klaw (13), Slugga x19 (0), Choppa x19 (0), Shoota x10 (0), Stikkbombs (0), Tankbusta bomb x3 (0) [11 PL][223 pts]
    TR: 11 Gretchin (33), Grot blasta x11 (0) [1 PL][30 pts]
    TR: 10 Gretchin (30), Grot blasta x10 (0) [1 PL][30 pts]

EL: Painboy (52), Power klaw (13), 'urty syringe (0)[3 PL][65 pts]
    EL: Nob with banner(75), Kustom Shooter (2), Choppa (0), Banner (0) [4 PL][77 pts]
    EL: 7 Kommandos (56), Boss Nob (0), Big choppa (5), Tankbusta bombs x1 (0), Choppa x4 (0), Slugga x5 (0), Burnas x2 (0) [61 pts]

FA: Deffkopta (30), Kustom mega blasta (9), Spinnin' blades (0), Bigbomm' (0) [2 PL][39 pts]
    FA: Deffkopta (30), Kustom mega blasta (9), Spinnin' blades (0), Bigbomm' (0) [2 PL][39 pts]
    FA: 3 Warbikes (69), Boss Nob (0), 6x Dakkagunz (0), Big Choppa (0) [4 PL][110 pts]

HS: 4 Mek Gunz (60), Smasha gun x4 (64) [8 PL][124 pts]
    HS: Gorkanaut (250), Skorcha (17), Twin big shoota x2 (20), Rokkit launcha x2 (24) [15 PL][311 pts]

DT: Trukk (59), Big shoota (5) [3 PL][64 pts]

== Battalion Detachment == Orks, Deathskulls [9 PL, 214 pts] 5 CP

HQ: Weirdboy (62), Weirdboy staff (0) [3PL][62 pts]

ARMY REINFORCEMENT POINTS: 0
    ARMY REINFORCEMENT FACTION: NONE

70 Grots, 60 Boyz and 8 Smashas.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »

1. Anthony Chew – CWE/DE

2.Mani Cheema – CWE/DE

3.Patrik Sanfilippo – SM

4. Innes Wilson – SM

1 Ork

4 Eldar

4 Space Marines

Yep, something similar.
    + Player: Martin Buch
    + REPORTED ARMY FACTION: Orks
    + TOTAL COMMAND POINTS: 19
    + TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 2000
    + POWER LEVEL: 104
    + ARMY FACTIONS USED: Orks
    + TOTAL REINFORCEMENT POINTS: 0
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

== Brigade Detachment (Dread Waaagh!)== Orks, Deathskullz [95PL, 1786 pts] 11 CP

HQ: Warboss (65), Kustom Shoota (2), Power Klaw (13), Stikkbombs (0), Attack squig (0), 2x Slugga (0) [4 PL][80pts]
    HQ: Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun (55), Grot oiler (4), Shokk Attack Gun (25), Stikkbombs (0) [4PL][84pts] (WARLORD, Warlord trait: Bigkilla Boss, Relic:Da Souped-Up Shokka)
    HQ: Bik Mek (55), Kustom Forcefield (20), Choppa (0) [5 PL][75 pts]

TR: 30 Boyz (210), Boss Nob (0), Power klaw (13), Slugga x30 (0), Choppa x29 (0), Stikkbombs (0), Tankbusta bomb x3 (0) [11 PL][223 pts]
    TR: 30 Boyz (210), Boss Nob (0), Power klaw (13), Slugga x19 (0), Choppa x19 (0), Shoota x10 (0), Stikkbombs (0), Tankbusta bomb x3 (0) [11 PL][223 pts]
    TR: 11 Gretchin (33), Grot blasta x11 (0) [1 PL][30 pts]

EL: Painboy (52), Power klaw (13), 'urty syringe (0)[3 PL][65 pts]
    EL: Nob with banner(75), Kustom Shooter (2), Choppa (0), Banner (0) [4 PL][77 pts]
    EL: 7 Kommandos (56), Boss Nob (0), Big choppa (5), Tankbusta bombs x1 (0), Choppa x4 (0), Slugga x5 (0), Burnas x2 (0) [61 pts]

FA: 3 Warbikes (69), Boss Nob (0), 6x Dakkagunz (0), Big Choppa (0) [4 PL][110 pts]

HS: Gorkanaut (250), Skorcha (17), Twin big shoota x2 (20), Rokkit launcha x2 (24) [15 PL][311 pts]

DT: Trukk (59), Big shoota (5) [3 PL][64 pts]

== Battalion Detachment == Orks, Deathskulls [9 PL, 214 pts] 5 CP

ARMY REINFORCEMENT POINTS: 0
    ARMY REINFORCEMENT FACTION: NONE

70 Grots, 60 Boyz and 8 Smashas.

Ok I thought it was a grot liberation front army from the earlier post

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    ut0h638w3ihq.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I like the real model face far more than the art
    Still it is a miniature I may get because though I play a successor chapter and plan on painting up a heresy era fists army [though ebay fire sales I ended up with 1 cata and 4 boxes of mark IV and I have a comtemptor that will be a honored relic in my black templar's

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    clbj07oxya0j.jpeg

• Options
    They're both militaristic xenophobic murderous assholes. Works.