As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fire Emblem Three Houses: OPEN SPOILER THREAD

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited August 2019 in Games and Technology
WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE USING SPOILER TAGS! IF YOU ARE HERE BY MISTAKE THEN BACK OUT AND FIND THE REGULAR FIRE EMBLEM THREAD!

Due to the nature of Three Houses, multiple playthroughs are encouraged moreso than past games. To facilitate this, this thread will not be using spoiler tags. That way you can freely talk about minmaxing your ungrateful students or getting through a mission on Spicy Jalapeño Mode. If you want to openly discuss story bits then go right ahead; I just figured this would be easier to discuss a character like MONICA THE STUDENT THAT MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARED LAST YEAR AND JOINS YOUR HOUSE. Yeah I’m not terribly far in the game.

There are only two exceptions to this rule:

1. Story DLC plot points should stay in the general thread for like, two weeks. Also no discussing any leaked bits here.
2. If there is a Top Secret True Ending for beating the game with all three houses (or a secret fourth house, the Fighting Mongooses) then try and keep that under wraps. I dunno if there even is a True Ending, but Sothis is a time weirdo so maybe she or Mantorok did it.
3. PLOT TWIST SECRET THIRD RULE: this thread is strictly for Three Houses. Keep Awakening or Blazing Blade or Heroes or whatever spoilers tagged.

That’s it! Enjoy! And remember that Raphael is the best boy.

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I’m still debating whether I’m going to be doing a Black Eagle run, so I have a few questions:

- do you get the young Edelgard/young Dimitri flashback?
    - do you get detailed information about Byleth’s origin?
    - do you learn Seteth’s/Flayne’s true identities through story exposition?

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I’m still debating whether I’m going to be doing a Black Eagle run, so I have a few questions:

- do you learn Seteth’s/Flayn’s true identities through story exposition?

- No.
    - Kind of. The information you get isn't exactly detailed, but you get enough to broadly figure out what happened.
    - No.

Mind you, this is all the Edelgard path of the Black Eagles. The answers might be different for the Church path.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I'm not finished with the game yet, but I do want to loudly brag that I totally figured out that Edelgard was the Flame Emperor many chapters beforehand. I'm playing golden deer, and mostly what tipped me off was the fact that the Flame Emperor wears red and black, is an Emperor, and clearly has a feminine voice under the voice changer, on top of that scene between Edelgard and Claude where she cops to having secrets.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I mean you can kind of put together who Seteth/Flayn/Jeralt are pretty fast depending on what supports you get

Me and SilverWind figured that they're three of the four Saints, who were mostly manaketes, and that the fourth was was misgendered by history and might have been Jeralt's wife

But then we've only done Crimson Flower

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Seteth/Flayne explain pretty much everything in their A-Support, and I also received their paired ending (which was sweet!), but I was curious as to whether or not their history had any relevance in the story in other routes.
    Janson wrote: »

- do you learn Seteth’s/Flayn’s true identities through story exposition?

- No.
    - Kind of. The information you get isn't exactly detailed, but you get enough to broadly figure out what happened.
    - No.

Mind you, this is all the Edelgard path of the Black Eagles. The answers might be different for the Church path.

Thank you!

Poor, poor Dimitri...