As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Which [Chat] is most extreme

1929394959698»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    anime streets of rogue

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Canoe Dancing
    Geth you garbage monster

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Canoe Dancing
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    minecraft is a great proxy for dreaming big and then not being able to bring your vision to fruition

Mostly I just want something to entertain me. I've thought of picking up NMS, but I figure I should try minecraft first to see if "game where the intent is to scavenge and build" entertains me when I can get it "free".

minecraft is a far better game than NMS

Even on console? Or have you played it on console?

I'm also thinking maybe it'll entertain my son and me, so I can do something he'll like to watch and I won't mind playing.

hmm i haven't played minecraft on console

assuming the controls aren't bonkers it would probably be good

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Canoe Dancing
    Somewhow I constantly crave McD

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    WE'RE FREE FREEEEEEEEE

RUN RUN BROTHERS!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Minecraft is perfectly cromulent on xbone

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Minecraft plays just fine on console - played many dozens of hours on switch and it was great, no mouse needed and no touchscreen needed; they made really good traditional console controls when Microsoft bought it and it paid off.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Motherboard? Why not fatherboard

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Motherboard? Why not fatherboard

Because the last time fathers and slaves were involved shit went weird.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Canoe Dancing
    I remember really stressed when I was building my first computer; I was really scared of fucking up. Maybe it's different for people who are more experienced than I.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Canoe Dancing
    I remember really stressed when I was building my first computer; I was really scared of fucking up. Maybe it's different for people who are more experienced than I.

My biggest issue rn is whether this board comes pre flashed with Ryzen 3000 BIOS.

Otherwise I have to find another old chip and update the BIOS with that in it.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    minecraft is a great proxy for dreaming big and then not being able to bring your vision to fruition

Mostly I just want something to entertain me. I've thought of picking up NMS, but I figure I should try minecraft first to see if "game where the intent is to scavenge and build" entertains me when I can get it "free".

@Preacher

If it helps, there is a progression/exploration system where you need to find certain items to go to the Nether dimension and then the End, complete with some difficult mobs to fight.

If mere survival and crafting get boring on their own, trying to reach The End and fighting the Ender Dragon is something to strive towards.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Does Minecraft: Better Together have a good ecosystem of mods?

I've only played Java Edition.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Minecraft is good.

v7kq77ncegtg.jpg

That path of light stretching off into the distance is the railway my wife and I built between this and our previous home; it's about a minute of riding a minecart, which is... a long distance.

• Options
    Well thanks Feral maybe I'll give it a look.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Does Minecraft: Better Together have a good ecosystem of mods?

I've only played Java Edition.
    I think the Better Together update was getting all non-java stuff to be on the same platform, the Bedrock edition, and as far as I can tell no it does not. They recently (a few months ago) released some kind of scripting API so that might be changing?

We play the Bedrock edition because it has crossplay between everything and we have it on our Switches as well.

• Options
    For reference, my wife and I have probably played a few hundred hours and just finally decided to go fight the Ender Dragon the day before yesterday.

My wife punched me into the portal and then watched on my screen as I died and lost all my stuff, but it's fine I'm not mad or anything.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Also factorio. Then you gaze in shame upon your belt spaghetti

• Options
    I've never fought the Dragon, let alone beaten it.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am mad

My copy of the new Mylingar album says it was delivered but it is not here, which means it was either misdelivered or stolen

I asked my building to share the footage from the security camera footage and posted a lost ad on Craigslist but that is probably never going to turn up

@desc

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Canoe Dancing
    i've been playing minecraft on and off since like 2009 and i've never even seen the ender dragon

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    I've never fought the Dragon, let alone beaten it.
    The shower of XP is glorious.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 1.3

@Chanus will create the new thread
    @Chanus is backup

This discussion has been closed.