As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops European boxart.

JJJJ DailyStormerRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I heard it was awesome, but I can't find an image anywhere. So I'm wondering if anyone has it.

JJ on

• Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    1015298mvo6.jpg

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    They had some errors in the original pressing, so the European version got delayed, which sucks. What sucks more, though, is that we don't get the extra content Europe gets, and they get a much better cover. Oh well, can't win them all. :lol:

Kami on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kami wrote: »
    They had some errors in the original pressing, so the European version got delayed, which sucks. What sucks more, though, is that we don't get the extra content Europe gets, and they get a much better cover. Oh well, can't win them all. :lol:

The "error" was the lack of the rating on the disk itself. And if you want the extras, the PSP isnt region locked....

ronzo on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't you need to finish the game first Kami? Or was that Renzo? (You all look the same to me with your MGS avatars)

Anyway, what are these extras you speak of? Legit ways to unlock Naked Snake and Campbell for use perhaps?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nocren wrote: »
    Don't you need to finish the game first Kami? Or was that Renzo? (You all look the same to me with your MGS avatars)

Anyway, what are these extras you speak of? Legit ways to unlock Naked Snake and Campbell for use perhaps?

I'm actually a few boss fights away from the ending, thank you very much!

<3

Kami on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You Europe dorks always get the best versions of Metal Gear Solid games.

What extra features are present in the European version?

Also, if they released a Subetc version of MPO here, it's probably the only one I wouldn't be willing to purchase again. I own two copies of every other MGS game, though, because of the re-releases.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    They had some errors in the original pressing, so the European version got delayed

Still got my copy. It was such a late recall, that mine had already been posted. And yes, the box art is amazing.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nocren wrote: »

I'm actually a few boss fights away from the ending, thank you very much!

<3

Yeah, I've been telling Kami to finish the damn game for ages. I've already finished it and I don't even own a PSP!

Renzo on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You Europe dorks always get the best versions of Metal Gear Solid games.

You talk about that and yet would you be willing to wait another 6 months to play the game?

What extra features does it have? New multiplayer maps, new missions, new characters and boss battle mode.

Sounds like the NZ release is pushed back to June. Oh boy... :x

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would totally be willing to wait longer for a Boss Survival mode. That's the thing that made me buy Substance and Subsistence.

I know Europe gets screwed a lot, but I really think you guys get the better end of the deal with MGS releases.

About the new multiplayer maps/characters, though. I guess that means the games can't be played online across regions? That is pretty dumb.

mntorankusu on