As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

1939495969799»

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Tonight's Uncharted Territory looks very good.

I'm personally very into the main event as well as Matt Makowski vs Gary Jay.

This card is fucking stacked, and John Silver vs. Daniel Garcia was an incredible match

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Daniel Garcia vs John Silver was VERY good. Now time to watch SANCHEZ kill Chuck O'Neil and eat his soul.

facetious
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    i would like if aew brought in nash to do commentary and/or being back paparazzi productions
    Kevin Nash is one of the only Attitude Era big names who is publicly not a piece of shit so sure bring him on in any non-wrestling capacity.

CYpGAPn.png
    never dieShadowenDyvim TvarSproutLBD_NytetraynPwnanObrienMolotovCockatooThawmus
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Nerder Death Kill is a v. good name.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Dex DynamoSweeney TomRorshach KringlehailtothekaleShadowenDyvim TvarCrippl3WeedLordVegetaThawmus
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    The crowd response when Nick Gage comes out (in literally every promotion he works in) is fucking incredible, and it makes me so happy every time I see it.

facetiousSweeney TomhailtothekaleDyvim TvarThe Cow KingWeedLordVegetaThawmus
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    i would like if aew brought in nash to do commentary and/or being back paparazzi productions
    Kevin Nash is one of the only Attitude Era big names who is publicly not a piece of shit so sure bring him on in any non-wrestling capacity.

I will admit I was very pleasantly surprised by how openly progressive he is.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

Especially the lowbar racist that is hulk hogan. He's a bit locked into being a centrist, but still willing to call some bullshit when he sees it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    AJR wrote: »
    I mean, she's been wrestling for 13 years now. I don't think it's an experience thing.

I did not know that, the one match I remember seeing her in the ring was a bit awkward. I don't know any of the people!

akirasig.jpg
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Hit with the sudden realization that Being The Elite is just the sequel to The JBL and Cole Show

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    WeedLordVegetaLBD_Nytetraynnever dieMagellDex DynamoDyvim TvarXehalus
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    It will probably go like the original BXT invasion went and the main roster squashes Nexus at Survivor Series.
    Preacher wrote: »

Especially the lowbar racist that is hulk hogan. He's a bit locked into being a centrist, but still willing to call some bullshit when he sees it.

Nash strongly supports punching Nazi's in the street and has a fine tuned racist bullshit detector.

Honestly not seen any centrist equivocation from him.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    Donovan PuppyfuckerShadowen
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    It will probably go like the original BXT invasion went and the main roster squashes Nexus at Survivor Series.

Nash strongly supports punching Nazi's in the street and has a fine tuned racist bullshit detector.

IIRC, he has also vociferously supported BLM. He seems to have his head on straight from a political standpoint.

xderwsaxganu.png
    Donovan Puppyfuckernever dieShadowen
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Did anyone else catch the throwback to Jericho/Owens that Jericho and MJF did?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I found this .mp4 of Orange Cassidy as a very young boy on imgur:

https://i.imgur.com/CTY5fh9.mp4

facetiousLBD_Nytetrayn
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Left the train station, saw the Lawson and said to myself, "Today you are buying your Year-End Climax ticket." So, I went in and did. Third year in a row going to event for me.

Is it wrong to stay in Japan, just for ease of access to Japanese pro-wrestling?

Geddoe on
    PwnanObrienhailtothekale
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I think he is socially progressive and fiscally conservative which would be the centrist equivocation comes from. But that's based off my memory so I could be wrong.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    cbhs891f5im5.jpeg
    🤔🤔🤔

EzUAYcn.png
    oh hell yeah

probably the only time i’ll ever get to see tjpw let’s goooo

EzUAYcn.png
    MagellhailtothekaleCelloDyvim Tvar
    edited November 2019
    Spotlighting a TJPW show after some of their wrestlers have been featured in AEW is a smart move by DDT.

That Ethan Page show, tho

hailtothekale on
    Dyvim Tvar
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Announced for Dynamite next week:

Fenix vs Nick Jackson
    Jon Moxley vs Darby Allin
    Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen) vs Proud and Powerful (Santana and Ortiz)
    Dynamite Dozen battle royal

Announce a women's match/multiple women's matches pls

Magell
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I pretty much expected the Universal Championship belt to be changed from red to blue, but I didn't think the canon explanation for how and why it happened would be "Bray Wyatt transformed it with magic".

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    JayrichoPwnanObrienMs DapperDyvim Tvarnever dieVyolynceShadowenfacetiousLBD_Nytetrayn
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Announced for Dynamite next week:

Fenix vs Nick Jackson
    Jon Moxley vs Darby Allin
    Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen) vs Proud and Powerful (Santana and Ortiz)
    Dynamite Dozen battle royal

Announce a women's match/multiple women's matches pls

They might remember to put something on their instagram 2 hours before the show. If we’re lucky.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Maybe the Dynamite Dozen is a women's match. I doubt it, but yeah they definitely need to announce a women's match.

PwnanObrien
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I pretty much expected the Universal Championship belt to be changed from red to blue, but I didn't think the canon explanation for how and why it happened would be "Bray Wyatt transformed it with magic".

Bryan got a custom belt for like a month, they've really missed an opportunity to run a custom belt they could merchandise and then whenever Fiend is finally beaten for it THEN change it to blue. Honestly if anyone needed a custom belt it's the Fiend, and the blue doesn't even work with the red lighting he uses everywhere.

AlphaRomero on
    LBD_Nytetrayn
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I was expecting the WWE Championship belt to make that change ages ago. It's weird to have only five of the six division-topping belts be color-coded to their show.

In a related question, Cruiserweight Title redesign when?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    edited November 2019

Strong agree.

Also this made me think of something so I just checked to make sure and Chris Brookes is gonna be around for the DDT/BJW New Year's Shuffle Tag Tournament! Teams are chosen on Friday, this is gonna be fun.

hailtothekale on
    Sweeney TomDyvim TvarDex DynamoWeedLordVegetaThe Cow King
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The only dream match left in wrestling tbh.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Dex DynamohailtothekaleWeedLordVegeta
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Per PWInsider, Biff Busick (aka Oney Lorcan) asked for his release from WWE last month

I’ve got the feeling that all of the long-term CW guys who weren’t called up to Raw or Smackdown have kind of seen the writing on the wall. Kendrick also posted some “I’m quitting” adjacent tweet this week.

[Deleted User]CuvisTheConquerorjonny439
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Have any of you guys watched the womens ladder match from NXT yet? I just want someone else to tell me what they thought of it.

akirasig.jpg
    It was really good! It’s just unfortunate that they missed the shot on the final spot of Mia going through the ladder.

PwnanObrienjonny439Bloodsheed
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Per PWInsider, Biff Busick (aka Oney Lorcan) asked for his release from WWE last month

He deleted his tweets, changed his display name to Biff again, and put up his PWT link
    He's out

This discussion has been closed.